Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Mr Aranticus, you are in the DDO Newsletter (Read 8263 times)
sir_chonas
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Mr Aranticus, you are in the DDO Newsletter
Jan 29th, 2010 at 11:33am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Mr Aranticus, you are in the DDO Newsletter
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
i could only say this is a weak sauce attempt at replacing me! muah hahahahah  Grin

IP Logged

Borror0
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
When I read this, I was like, "I saw what you did there T!"

Honestly, I'm not sure why they want to replace you since it's on the wiki.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Borror0 wrote on Jan 30th, 2010 at 2:50pm:
Honestly, I'm not sure why they want to replace you since it's on the wiki.

Because they're trying to prove that everyone on their forums is replaceable.  Of course, everyone ISN'T replaceable.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Demoyn wrote on Jan 30th, 2010 at 9:25pm:
Because they're trying to prove that everyone on their forums is replaceable.  Of course, everyone ISN'T replaceable.

Yeah, they linked a post, where half of the links in it go to empty posts with '...'

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Borror0
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Demoyn wrote on Jan 30th, 2010 at 9:25pm:

I hope that they don't believe this, because that would be a very stupid thing to believe. Good community members that have a large positive impact on the community are a rarity and you have to treasure them.

Whether they are owners of popular fansites, host of popular podcasts, the players who spend a ridiculous amount of time helping the newbies, the guide writers, the talent guild leaders who cultivate a positive atmosphere, the equally talent officers who help the guild leader in his task, the event organizers or the jesters who bring humor to your forums, they are invaluable for how much of an impact they have. Part of MMO design is building a community and those players are the ones who improve it.

Just as an example, Yoko5000 and I were pretty much the only editors on the wiki for a little over two whole years. That's right. Two. Only two. Imagine if he and I stopped playing or just stopped editing. The wiki would have gone out of date, because no one would be there to edit it. Worse, it could have been taken offline because Xevo might have assumed it was unused!

To be honest, I would be astonished if anyone would replace Aranticus. Maybe one will try, but he'll be surprised by the ridiculous amount of work required to write what he wrote. We only know Aranticus' side of the story but, regardless, I hope Turbine will try to make a deal with Aranticus...

PS: I realize I'm preaching to the choir...
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:22am by Borror0 »  
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Borror0 wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:19am:
I hope that they don't believe this, because that would be a very stupid thing to believe. Good community members that have a large positive impact on the community are a rarity and you have to treasure them.

Whether they are owners of popular fansites, host of popular podcasts, the players who spend a ridiculous amount of time helping the newbies, the guide writers, the talent guild leaders who cultivate a positive atmosphere, the equally talent officers who help the guild leader in his task, the event organizers or the jesters who bring humor to your forums, they are invaluable for how much of an impact they have. Part of MMO design is building a community and those players are the ones who improve it.

Just as an example, Yoko5000 and I were pretty much the only editors on the wiki for a little over two whole years. That's right. Two. Only two. Imagine if he and I stopped playing or just stopped editing. The wiki would have gone out of date, because no one would be there to edit it. Worse, it could have been taken offline because Xevo might have assumed it was unused!

To be honest, I would be astonished if anyone would replace Aranticus. Maybe one will try, but he'll be surprised by the ridiculous amount of work required to write what he wrote.

PS: I realize I'm preaching to the choir...

And the scary thing about that is, if the Wiki was not updated as it was in those 2 years, I highly doubt the game would have lasted long enough for EU to come about etc.

For the longest time, there was no compendium, and even since it has come out it is still full of large amounts of rubbish, and don't get my started on the basic 'builds' or paths they have on there. Is the barbarian one that takes like 5 toughness feats and sap still up there?

MMOs with no decent community die out, because having a good community gives you something to think about (game wise) when you aren't actually playing. It lets you plan characters and respond to peoples ideas.

But now it seems, with the new player loving stance they seem to have taken (and to hell with the Vets, it seems). People with knowledge and experience get crucified for trying to correct people.

But hey, get enough new people to replace the vets (+more) and I guess they wont be complaining about the lack of endgame for a while.

Edit: Just checked, the barb build which takes: Adamantine Body/Toughness, Power attack, Toughness, Sap, Toughness, Stunning Blow, Toughness (in that order) is still there. Hell, it even starts with 16 str and 18 con and puts 2 level up points into Str, 3 into Con.

Come to think of it, god, that might explain some of the barbarians running around.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:35am by Auran »  

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Borror0 wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:19am:
To be honest, I would be astonished if anyone would replace Aranticus. Maybe one will try, but he'll be surprised by the ridiculous amount of work required to write what he wrote. We only know Aranticus' side of the story but, regardless, I hope Turbine will try to make a deal with Aranticus...

i've sent a mail to forum support and the same thing sent to patience, nothing from them. i probably pissed them off big time. as to only knowing my side of the story, the infractions are out there plain for all to see. there is no editing etc. also plently of other people have been gotten hit by similar infrations as well. i think this is more than one side

more importantly, i doubt its turbine but tarrant
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:54am by Aranticus »  

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:28am:
And the scary thing about that is, if the Wiki was not updated as it was in those 2 years, I highly doubt the game would have lasted long enough for EU to come about etc.

For the longest time, there was no compendium, and even since it has come out it is still full of large amounts of rubbish, and don't get my started on the basic 'builds' or paths they have on there. Is the barbarian one that takes like 5 toughness feats and sap still up there?

MMOs with no decent community die out, because having a good community gives you something to think about (game wise) when you aren't actually playing. It lets you plan characters and respond to peoples ideas.

But now it seems, with the new player loving stance they seem to have taken (and to hell with the Vets, it seems). People with knowledge and experience get crucified for trying to correct people.

But hey, get enough new people to replace the vets (+more) and I guess they wont be complaining about the lack of endgame for a while.

Edit: Just checked, the barb build which takes: Adamantine Body/Toughness, Power attack, Toughness, Sap, Toughness, Stunning Blow, Toughness (in that order) is still there. Hell, it even starts with 16 str and 18 con and puts 2 level up points into Str, 3 into Con.

Come to think of it, god, that might explain some of the barbarians running around.

what is scary is not the wiki but turbine's path builds which has been acknowledged by the community as lacking since day 1 they were introduced
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:56am by Aranticus »  

IP Logged

Borror0
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:51am:
i've sent a mail to forum support and the same thing sent to patience, nothing from them. i probably pissed them off big time. as to only knowing my side of the story, the infractions are out there plain for all to see. there is no editing etc. also plently of other people have been gotten hit by similar infrations as well. i think this is more than one side

more importantly, i doubt its turbine but tarrant

What I meant is that we don't know Tarrant's side of the story. Perhaps he feels he gave you enough chances and he then overreacted to a post because he got tired of seeing you act this way toward newbies. I don't know. It wouldn't excuse the poor decision of giving you points for a relatively benign posts, but it would change some things.

About the Tarrant vs. Turbine thing...

It's clear that Tarrant is stricter than Tolero is. I think both of them (and Turbine as an entity) agree on the same truth: the forums are in chaos since Eberron Unlimited and there is some order to be brought back. They also don't want to kick new players out because their feedback is valuable to them, hence the bias in favor of newbies. When you combine Tarrant's strictness to the bias in favor of newbies, you get the current situation. I don't think it's a "Tarrant problem." Rather, I think the approach is flawed.

Infraction points only work when a poster agree misbehaved. "You did wrong" and the poster agrees he might have got carried away, changes and avoids doing it again. Thing is, a large number of poster feel justified in their aggressivity. So, infraction points just help building a moderator vs players belief. That's highly corrosive.

Instead, a PM explaining the problem and pleading the player to change his behavior might have a greater effect.

Something like, "You've been a great member of the community through your helpful posts and many guides. Lately, however, your helpful advices have been mixed with also unnecessary attacks to less informed players. I understand that it might be frustrating for you to deal with the high level of misinformation on the forums as of late, but we cannot allow this kind of behavior.

If you keep acting this way, I'll be forced to start giving infraction points to you and this is not something I would enjoy doing. As I said, you've been an helpful member of this community and I would hate to see you go because of this.

If you feel there is a flaw in the way we currently moderate, please tell us what you believe the problem is via PM (but not on the forums) and we'll adapt if we feel it is possible for us to do so."

Aranticus wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:54am:
what is scary is not the wiki but turbine's path builds which has been acknowledged by the community as lacking since day 1 they were introduced

Well, MadFloyd did acknowledge the issue and said the fix might be coming in update 5... but that took a ridiculously long time for something that should have had never happened in the first place. Some of the mistakes, like the horrible Bastion of the Outlands barbarian path, are simply unacceptable.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2010 at 1:48am by Borror0 »  
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Borror0 wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 1:45am:
What I meant is that we don't know Tarrant's side of the story. Perhaps he feels he gave you enough chances and he then overreacted to a post because he got tired of seeing you act this way toward newbies. I don't know. It wouldn't excuse the poor decision of giving you points for a relatively benign posts, but it would change some things.

About the Tarrant vs. Turbine thing...

It's clear that Tarrant is stricter than Tolero is. I think both of them (and Turbine as an entity) agree on the same truth: the forums are in chaos since Eberron Unlimited and there is some order to be brought back. They also don't want to kick new players out because their feedback is valuable to them, hence the bias in favor of newbies. When you combine Tarrant's strictness to the bias in favor of newbies, you get the current situation. I don't think it's a "Tarrant problem." Rather, I think the approach is flawed.

and i totally agree with you. the vets can exert some influence in that manner. neg rep helps some but in cases where people are obtuse, vets really gotta go in and say "dude stop posting shit coz it makes you look dumb". cajoling the noobs only go so far. drive enough vets away and will there be order? doubt so

Infraction points only work when a poster agree misbehaved. "You did wrong" and the poster agrees he might have got carried away, changes and avoids doing it again. Thing is, a large number of poster feel justified in their aggressivity. So, infraction points just help building a moderator vs players belief. That's highly corrosive.

Instead, a PM explaining the problem and pleading the player to change his behavior might have a greater effect.

Something like, "You've been a great member of the community through your helpful posts and many guides. Lately, however, your helpful advices have been mixed with also unnecessary attacks to less informed players. I understand that it might be frustrating for you to deal with the high level of misinformation on the forums as of late, but we cannot allow this kind of behavior.

If you keep acting this way, I'll be forced to start giving infraction points to you and this is not something I would enjoy doing. As I said, you've been an helpful member of this community and I would hate to see you go because of this.

If you feel there is a flaw in the way we currently moderate, please tell us what you believe the problem is via PM (but not on the forums) and we'll adapt if we feel it is possible for us to do so."

this should be the approach instead of handing out infractions straight up. this will give people the chance to cool down and react rationally. more importantly, very obvious bait posts should be removed asap. if tarrant could remove my thread on a sat noon, its pretty obvious, from the fact that there are a few infraction worthy thread, that he is biased

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=227564

this one same offence as mine

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=227769

this one full of flames, also the other KA thread smacks of rediculing the guild

Well, MadFloyd did acknowledge the issue and said the fix might be coming in update 5... but that took a ridiculously long time for something that should have had never happened in the first place. Some of the mistakes, like the horrible Bastion of the Outlands barbarian path, are simply unacceptable.

that is just bullshit. my template thread were already up before those paths came in and by accounts of many people, they were much better than the paths

IP Logged

Borror0
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 3:35am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 3:15am:
if tarrant could remove my thread on a sat noon, its pretty obvious, from the fact that there are a few infraction worthy thread, that he is biased

I know that both Tolero and Tarrant check the forums on the weekend but they usually don't bother locking any thread or handing out IPs unless they feel the forums are on fire. I don't remember the content of your thread, but if his name was in the OP that could easily explain why he took the time to close it.

I seriously doubt that Tarrant is out to get you, to be honest. I think he mismanaged it, but I don't think he wants you gone.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2010 at 3:37am by Borror0 »  
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 4:01am
Print Post  

I think the funniest thing about that path was that, I'm pretty sure when it was first released, they still hadn't fixed the bug which stopped you from changing out additional toughness feats. I'm fairly sure the paths are only there to get new players to reroll (or gtr reincarnate once it comes out) their characters once they learn more about the game, that and to show why some feats are never taken.

Though to be honest..

*Tinfoil hat on*
Terrible path -> Need to change feats? Buy dragonshards from the store! Need to change stats and skills around? Buy lesser reincarnations from the store!
*Tinfoil hat off*

Which thread was deleted on the Saturday Aranticus? Was it the 'terrible barbarian in a reaver raid' thread or your goodbye one?

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 4:10am
Print Post  
Borror0 wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 3:35am:
I know that both Tolero and Tarrant check the forums on the weekend but they usually don't bother locking any thread or handing out IPs unless they feel the forums are on fire. I don't remember the content of your thread, but if his name was in the OP that could easily explain why he took the time to close it.

I seriously doubt that Tarrant is out to get you, to be honest. I think he mismanaged it, but I don't think he wants you gone.

no names nothing, i posted it in here under the farewell thread

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 4:01am:
I think the funniest thing about that path was that, I'm pretty sure when it was first released, they still hadn't fixed the bug which stopped you from changing out additional toughness feats. I'm fairly sure the paths are only there to get new players to reroll (or gtr reincarnate once it comes out) their characters once they learn more about the game, that and to show why some feats are never taken.

Though to be honest..

*Tinfoil hat on*
Terrible path -> Need to change feats? Buy dragonshards from the store! Need to change stats and skills around? Buy lesser reincarnations from the store!
*Tinfoil hat off*

Which thread was deleted on the Saturday Aranticus? Was it the 'terrible barbarian in a reaver raid' thread or your goodbye one?

the goodbye one

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 8:02am
Print Post  
WALLS OF TEXT ARE BAD

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

corpsiko
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 9:10am
Print Post  
we don't know Tarrant's side of the story.

who gives a shit what tarrants side of the story is? he's a fuckwad. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #17 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Borr, I think Tarrant does essentially do what you suggested, in the form of warnings.  I assume I'm not a special case here, but I do receive a fair number of warnings - about 50/50 warnings/infractions.

For example, I rec'd two points last week for implying that A_D has Asbergers, but then a warning this week for referring to him as "Mr. Roboto".  Huh

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Hellmoob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 11:19am:
For example, I rec'd two points last week for implying that A_D has Asbergers, but then a warning this week for referring to him as "Mr. Roboto".  Huh

Why can't the kind of people who realise how funny that is be mods, instead of humorless, insecure, self-important power freaks?

IP Logged

Borror0
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #19 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 11:19am:
Borr, I think Tarrant does essentially do what you suggested, in the form of warnings.  I assume I'm not a special case here, but I do receive a fair number of warnings - about 50/50 warnings/infractions.

I know that they have warnings, but what is written is so vague that it does not really have the effect it should have.

For example, during the DDO:EU Beta I got a warning for saying that someone's post was built with straw (I can't recall the exact wording, but it read as "this is nothing but straw man fallacies"). I got a PM saying that this is against guideline 1. That's it. Not only is it very unspecific but it's also very frustrating. "What? I'm not allowed to say 'straw man' any more?" My first reaction was to think, "Tarrant, this is ridiculous!"

Then, I calmed down and understood his rational: calling straw man means assuming the person is being voluntarily dishonest; instead, it would be better to explain why the person is mistaken if you want to have a civil discussion.

Still, I had to sit down and give him the benefit of the doubt to understand him. How many people will do that?

Too few. That's the problem. Their strategy is not crafted to have effect on most users.

Of course, they are limited by time. There is many of us but there are only two of them. Replying carefully to each and every single infraction point is just not possible. However, they should take the time for a repeated offender who does post useful stuff or for users who typically don't gather much infraction points. Basically, if the poster has a generally positive effect on the forums, it's better to take more time because this is the kind of person that you want to keep around and each one of them count.

Hellmoob wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 11:55am:
Why can't the kind of people who realise how funny that is be mods, instead of humorless, insecure, self-important power freaks?

There is a difference between finding it funny and thinking that it's the kind of behavior you want to encourage. Whether you like him or not, Angelus_dead does contribute quite a lot to the forums. He respects the guidelines, makes great argument and makes some of the best suggestions that have been made on the forums.

Trolling, itself, is unacceptable but trolling someone who contributes to the forums is even worse.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Hellmoob wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 11:55am:

Don't mind Bore0, Hellmoob.  He could easily be Tyrrant's sibling, what with his humorlessness and his view of the world from inside his plastic bubble.

IP Logged

Hellmoob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Borror0 wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:23pm:
"What? I'm not allowed to say 'straw man' any more?" My first reaction was to think, "Tarrant, this is ridiculous!"

Then, I calmed down and understood his rational: calling straw man means assuming the person is being voluntarily dishonest; instead, it would be better to explain why the person is mistaken if you want to have a civil discussion.

Voluntary dishonesty is generally a safe assumption... I really can't stomach this tendency towards wrapping everyone in a blanket of kind words and gentle disagreement so their tender feelings aren't hurt by a conversation about a videogame on the internet. Honestly, the ill-informed should be afraid of posting misinformation. They won't be infracted for it, we've seen that, someone's got to step up and make them want to, oh, maybe check their "facts" before they start making shit up.

Borror0 wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:23pm:
There is a difference between finding it funny and thinking that it's the kind of behavior you want to encourage. Whether you like him or not, Angelus_dead does contribute quite a lot to the forums. He respects the guidelines, makes great argument and makes some of the best suggestions that have been made on the forums.

Trolling, itself, is unacceptable but trolling someone who contributes to the forums is even worse.

I actively encourage things I find funny. Maybe I've wound up thick-skinned from hundreds or thousands of hours spent ripping into people's ill-conceived opinions on the internet, but honestly anyone who's feeling harrassed by some comment on a D&D messageboard probably needs to take a break from their LCD-tanning session. As for the dilution of "productive" information with "unproductive" humor/trolling... I just don't see it as an issue. I guess that's one of the many, many places our attitudes differ.

IP Logged

Hakushi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 9:30pm
Print Post  

Sometimes an infraction or a warning is just too much, and a single edit of the "bad word" in a post is enough with a short pm if possible. Aranticus posted his infractions and more than once, a simple edit to the post or a warning would have been more than enough.

DDO characters:

Raika, Carolanne, Coriza, Alexandra, Samara, Zaretta, Katina, Carelle, Nathalya, Karia, Kristina, Nausikaa, Carietta, Magaly, Rosanna, Venusia, Hetoff, Zyvorra, Zazumi, Isabella

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
i think more importantly is turbine needs to stop treating the newbs like 3 year olds

IP Logged

Borror0
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #24 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Hellmoob wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 5:14pm:
Voluntary dishonesty is generally a safe assumption...

I agree that's easy to spot but what good would come from allowing us to call out dishonesty?

All I can think of is derailments. It's not like you can prove someone's dishonesty:
-"You're being dishonest!"
-"No, I am not."
-"You are."
-"No."

That's an utterly pointless discussion.

Honestly, the best tool against moron, dishonest or not, is to ignore them. If you don't reply to them, you don't legitimize them and they look, well, stupid. For example, imagine that Aspenor and I enter an argument but that Shade starts saying that rogues have poor DPS. We could either stop arguing one against the other and call Shade for his nonsense or keep arguing.

The latter is, in my experience, far more effective because it gives the impression that his position is so ridiculous that it does not need to be addressed. However, if we do reply to him, it might start a long argument about something that is just ridiculous. It will also give the impression that what he says is worth debating, which it is not.

That's how medias work: everyone remembers balloon boy because it made a lot of noise, but very few people will remember something only mentioned once on the radio while going to work.

I really can't stomach this tendency towards wrapping everyone in a blanket of kind words and gentle disagreement so their tender feelings aren't hurt by a conversation about a videogame on the internet.

It's not about being hurt or not hurt.

I get a good laugh of people who are so insecure with themselves that they need to insult others to feel better about themselves or so intellectually unequipped that they need to use insults to have a shadow of a chance to win an argument, like Demoyn. If I was hurt by them in any way, I would have probably stopped posting a long time ago because I have a lot of haters. However, insults still bother me because they create an unpleasant atmosphere and THAT is the problem.

If you forums are welcoming, they'll be more useful. If they are not, people will consider the forums a waste of time and will avoid them at all costs. The former is more productive to Turbine than the latter as it means it posters interested in honest criticism will do so,  posters interested in build discussions will do so, etc. If you keep negativity creep in, the forums will simply devolve into pointless arguments.

Just like MMO live or die on their community, forums live or die on their community. If the forums are as fun as bashing your head against a wall for several hours, few people will bother signing in.

As for the dilution of "productive" information with "unproductive" humor/trolling... I just don't see it as an issue. I guess that's one of the many, many places our attitudes differ.

They don't mind humor. In fact they embrace it. Think of their response to the broccoli thread or Memnir that was the first spotlighted player. Humor make the forums fun for everyone. It's not like an argument, which many might disagree on. Trolling, however, does not fit that description.

I think the last sentence is key: we're very different persons. Different communities appeal to different persons. I wouldn't fit in nor enjoy a community where most arguments are met with insults. On the other hand, others would LOVE that kind of community and would be utterly bored by a community tailored for people like me.

The question is, what kind of poster do you think would be in Turbine's interest to attract?
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2010 at 10:47pm by Borror0 »  
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint