Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Mr Aranticus, you are in the DDO Newsletter (Read 8276 times)
SoulDecay
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Mr Aranticus, you are in the DDO Newsletter
Reply #25 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
I think it's directed at the old members. Maybe not maliciously (but I don't really know how you could see it any other way.)

I have a Sept 09 join date, and I tend to post exactly the same way some of you are saying you got in trouble for. "This is a straw man" or "If you were that great, you'd finish Shroud phase2 with the other 3-4 competent players.". No warnings, no infractions.

I'm not trying to be mean, that's just how it is. I'm new to DDO, but I'm not new to theorycrafting, character building, planning encounters, MMOs, D&D, or life, and I call it like I see it.

(Of course, now that I say this and "they" read these boards, I'm going to get 2 pages of infractions from month old posts.  Cry)

IP Logged

sir_chonas
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
I don't think anything on this board can net you infractions on the other.  Unless you specifically link to something against the other board's rules.

In fact, I've only seen positive things happen on the other forum since joining this one (rep, thread locking, what not).

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #27 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
I love the fact that they are advertising for a player to be their bitch and keep track of all the stuff Shug used to...but only if they like him.

What fucking morons.

And none of you kid yourselves, Tarrant isn't the only one doing this, Tolero is just as guilty...but she is better at hiding it.  I had it out with her a couple of years ago and since then she's gotten very good at couching her displeasure in seeming humor.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Feb 1st, 2010 at 4:35pm:
And none of you kid yourselves, Tarrant isn't the only one doing this, Tolero is just as guilty...but she is better at hiding it.  I had it out with her a couple of years ago and since then she's gotten very good at couching her displeasure in seeming humor.

I don't think anyone (except maybe Bore0) is deluding theirselves to think otherwise.  She's much better at it, though, so if Tyrrant were replaced with someone on the opposite end of the spectrum I believe she'd fall in line with status quo.

The difference from my perspective is that every time Tolero's given me infraction points I've deserved them.  Usually when Tyrrant dishes them out he's just looking for an excuse.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2010 at 7:06pm by Demoyn »  

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #29 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Demoyn wrote on Feb 1st, 2010 at 7:05pm:
I don't think anyone (except maybe Bore0) is deluding theirselves to think otherwise.  She's much better at it, though, so if Tyrrant were replaced with someone on the opposite end of the spectrum I believe she'd fall in line with status quo.

The difference from my perspective is that every time Tolero's given me infraction points I've deserved them.  Usually when Tyrrant dishes them out he's just looking for an excuse.

So where does the cube fit into all of this, is it a separate person or another account for T or T.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #30 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Feb 1st, 2010 at 8:26pm:
So where does the cube fit into all of this, is it a separate person or another account for T or T.

Yeah, I think they both use it.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Hellmoob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Borror0 wrote on Jan 31st, 2010 at 10:47pm:
The question is, what kind of poster do you think would be in Turbine's interest to attract?

The kind that can consistently provide useful, accurate information with a minimum of personal bias where necessary, an informed opinion where it suits, and isn't just a dead-eyed encyclopedia of game-facts when it's time to be a human being. Such as when you point out that someone is, whether through malice or ignorance, misinforming others and leading them towards eventual distrust of information from other players in general.

Since they're not going to make the compendium accurate or useful, and people are more keen to interject their own homebrew ideas than point people to a centralized source of facts, I'd say that the biggest concern posters are the misinformers, closely followed by the unproductive trolls.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #32 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Hellmoob wrote on Feb 1st, 2010 at 9:21pm:
Since they're not going to make the compendium accurate or useful, and people are more keen to interject their own homebrew ideas than point people to a centralized source of facts, I'd say that the biggest concern posters are the misinformers, closely followed by the unproductive trolls.

Thats kinda the thing, if you didn't have stuff like what Aranticus posts and the DDO Wiki new people would really have no idea at all when it comes to making a character.

Lets face it, many of the 'paths' suck, and the 'Official information' (Compendium and in game info) are in many cases, just plain wrong. With DDO being such a niche game for so long, there is just no-where else to get information.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

HeavenlyCloud
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Feb 3rd, 2010 at 4:23am
Print Post  

Reading this thread i had to stop on this post and fucking say QFT!

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #34 - Feb 3rd, 2010 at 3:17pm
Print Post  

She is less likely to hold grudges, does not persue in weeding so to speak... Yet, Tolero does possess some bias, quite often in the opposite direction, there have been times she actually edited my posting and sent PM tellin' Emi stop being so bold. She is not always right in her decisions but she does admit fault. I get the impression she considers her  position more as a job.

« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2010 at 3:21pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

keyfaker banned by Strake
Waterworks Kobold

yawn

Reply #35 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:56am
Print Post  
Raising the quality of this forum   Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint