Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic PM to Couatl (Read 2298 times)
Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

PM to Couatl
Feb 9th, 2010 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Hi Couatl,

I'm not writing in to get an invitation to Mournlands but to express my delight in seeing you guys opening up places for testers. It is deep in my belief that a product to be sold should be good and free from flaws. With software, this sadly cannot be applied 100% of the time and invariably, there will still be som bugs left unnoticed. In this light, I again applaud Turbine's move.

That said, when you get enough testers to ensure some quality in released content, the other thing that you guys really need to take note on is the feedback given. There is really no point in releasing Mournland tester spots, opening Lammania up for testing when the testers' feedback are not listened to.

This is very evident, just look at the many Lammania threads that pop up before each update stating the bugs and problems in the soon to be released updates. It is extremely disappointing that even when the QA department acknowledges the problems, they are not fixed and is still released for the actual game.

In addition, what is the point of obtaining suggestions for the game when it is pretty clear that many of the suggestions are not taken into consideration. There are many cases where the developers state that a certain change in mechanics is due to feedback from the players and this is contrast the general server/forum perception.

I wish you good luck in getting good Mournlanders but again I have to stress, feedback is only useful if you listen/read and then apply it. I'm not alone in this opinion, many others view it in the same way.

Regards
Aranticus

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Re: PM to Couatl
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
I'm sure they think they do.  If they fix one thing on a list of 20, then they will say the testing was beneficial.  Sadly, it just doesn't cut it.

Ink

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2010 at 12:04am
Print Post  
They never listened to Mournland testers 4 years ago, so why listen now?

It was pure frustration to report issues and get absolutely no feedback - especially bugs that caused them to shut the game down.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2010 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 12:04am:
They never listened to Mournland testers 4 years ago, so why listen now?

It was pure frustration to report issues and get absolutely no feedback - especially bugs that caused them to shut the game down.

Did you used to be on there?

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2010 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 1:03am:
Did you used to be on there?

Safe to say I will never get an invite again, so yeah I was on there. 

The last alpha I did was Under Siege: Invaders, Relic, Pit (god, I hated it!). Dungeons weren't completed and I had to go on travel, but they were buggy as hell.

They have been scrubbing the old forums lately - even the old alpha archives are finally gone from stratics.com. I was looking for the info to post as "evidence" of bugs that were found, reported fixed, then introduced into production. I probably burned my bridge with them when I pointed it out in a public forum and got it edited by GC.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2010 at 8:37pm
Print Post  

You are the first (current/former) ML person I've ever seen out themselves.  What's it like over there?  And more importantly...

Who else is over there?   Smiley

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2010 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 8:37pm:
You are the first (current/former) ML person I've ever seen out themselves.  What's it like over there?  And more importantly...

A_D could be a MLer

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2010 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 9:15pm:
A_D could be a MLer

Yeah, I'd say that's a given.  I'm guessing Borr is as well, and of course we can't believe him now if he says he isn't.   Grin

I suspect Axer was there but is no longer.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #8 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 8:37pm:

It has been over 3 years (totally changed I bet), but kind of like Llama in the early days. You had to make characters from scratch, so you weren't twinked (hard to get raid stuff as no one ran raids). I really got to test things as a new, untwinked player who knew the rules, which is why I am so dead set against all the effort for dungeon scaling / casual. The most fun I had was invaders for the first time and how insane the beholders were without Silver flame amulets. We had to work completely as a team to get thru that (and it wasn't completed yet).

Some devs did play and run parties, but I am not going to say who I recognized from there.. someone might accuse me of being a tattle-tale here.  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #9 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Feb 23rd, 2010 at 6:11pm:
Some devs did play and run parties, but I am not going to say who I recognized from there.. someone might accuse me of being a tattle-tale here.  Lips Sealed

Over time, you will find places around here where you might feel safer discussing such things.  I'll be back to bug you someday  Tongue

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Feb 23rd, 2010 at 7:50pm:
Over time, you will find places around here where you might feel safer discussing such things.  I'll be back to bug you someday  Tongue

like like lurkers in starcraft  Wink

IP Logged

Borror0
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #11 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 9:23pm:
I suspect Axer was there but is no longer.

I can confirm that one.

And, no, I'm not on ML. If I was, do you really think my post count on the main forums would be that high? Really?
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2010 at 2:59pm by Borror0 »  
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
k

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint