Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic GS Weapon questions (Read 3230 times)
Tspoon
Ex Member

GS Weapon questions
Feb 10th, 2010 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
So, first of all.  My WF barbarian Tablespoon is now flagged for the shroud, luckily I found a holy silver greatsword at the broker for like 35k plat and so I don't even have to pike my first shroud with him.  So I am wondering, with the change to weapon animation the great axe isn't absolutely the ultimate 2HF weapon, so do I go Falchion or Greataxe?  I am planning to go min2 acid acid +2con.  All thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.

Next, my fighter Sporkk has the above min2 khopesh and I am about ready to craft his next one, which I was thinking would be min2 acid acid (something).  The question is if I go that way, what "something" should I take, and if not, what other GS weapon, people seem to like radiance2. 
thx, Tspoon

(Could someone detail exactly what Radiance2 is in terms of properties also)

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Re: GS Weapon questions
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Falchion Mineral2 Should be your first weapon. I wish i could remake my Greataxe to a Falchion for my Warforged Barbarian.

Beware +2 Con i have such a thing on my Rogue and I tend to swap it out at the wrong Time.

Better to get the Acid Blast more damage even if it is on 20.

If you want radiance for your barbarian make an item with it on it. I did this and it goes off all the time plus i have a 40 perma-fireresist.

If you want a secondary weapon make a Triple Positive Maul. A raise dead clickie and a great Skellie/Ele basher.

If you want a third weapon then consider all water for those vulnerable to fire and really this is not necessary and i wouldnt do it the the others do the Job just fine.

Radiance is Fire and Positive.
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2010 at 6:06pm by Antir »  

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Flesh
Waterworks Kobold

If its been done, AoK
did it first.

Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
First of all, going acid, acid is not going to get you a Min II.  You need to go Pos/Earth/Pos+Earth  or Earth/Pos/Earth+Pos to get a Min II usually for a DPS toon this means Holy/Acid Burst/Acid Blast(or AC+4 or+2 stat), although some prefer a Acid/Good Burst/Acid Blast (or +4AC or +2 stat) because good balst goes off on all non-good mobs, while holy only affects evil mobs.  I prefer the former because I fight a LOT of evil stuff and holy is 2d5 while acid is 1d6.

Now of curse the difference between a greataxe and a falchion is the crit range and the base damage.  I have a greataxe and I do not have a falchion, perhaps someone else will have more productive advice on this topic.

I assume that Sporkk is a two weapon fighter, if so I would be inclined to make that second Min II khopesh unless you want a light weapon then maybe a kukri, maybe.

Finally a Rad II weapon does 4d6 light damage and blinds a target on a crit ( I believe there is a save on this).  Therefore this is generally most popular amongst rogues using rapiers because the high crit range of a rapier blinds targets often, then the blind target is automatically vulnerable to sneak attacks, which for a toon with a lot of backstab damage dramatically increases their DPS.  For a toon without many rogue levels this may not be worth it over a Min II or Lit II weapon.

Flesh: Fleshchanter, Fleshredder, Fleshkiller, Fleshripper, Fleshvik, Fleshik, Flezzta, Fleshadow, Bobthenut
Argonnessen~AoK
Hey, at least I'm better than Yaga, I only average out to about -3% on a good tr xp train.

IP Logged

Flesh
Waterworks Kobold

If its been done, AoK
did it first.

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Feb 10th, 2010 at 6:03pm:
Falchion Mineral2 Should be your first weapon. I wish i could remake my Greataxe to a Falchion for my Warforged Barbarian.

Beware +2 Con i have such a thing on my Rogue and I tend to swap it out at the wrong Time.

Better to get the Acid Blast more damage even if it is on 20.

If you want radiance for your barbarian make an item with it on it. I did this and it goes off all the time plus i have a 40 perma-fireresist.

If you want a secondary weapon make a Triple Positive Maul. A raise dead clickie and a great Skellie/Ele basher.

If you want a third weapon then consider all water for those vulnerable to fire and really this is not necessary and i wouldnt do it the the others do the Job just fine.

Radiance is Fire and Positive.

Hi, welcome.

Flesh: Fleshchanter, Fleshredder, Fleshkiller, Fleshripper, Fleshvik, Fleshik, Flezzta, Fleshadow, Bobthenut
Argonnessen~AoK
Hey, at least I'm better than Yaga, I only average out to about -3% on a good tr xp train.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Flesh wrote on Feb 10th, 2010 at 6:14pm:
First of all, going acid, acid is not going to get you a Min II.  You need to go Pos/Earth/Pos+Earth  or Earth/Pos/Earth+Pos to get a Min II usually for a DPS toon this means Holy/Acid Burst/Acid Blast(or AC+4 or+2 stat), although some prefer a Acid/Good Burst/Acid Blast (or +4AC or +2 stat) because good balst goes off on all non-good mobs, while holy only affects evil mobs.  I prefer the former because I fight a LOT of evil stuff and holy is 2d5 while acid is 1d6.

Now of curse the difference between a greataxe and a falchion is the crit range and the base damage.  I have a greataxe and I do not have a falchion, perhaps someone else will have more productive advice on this topic.

I assume that Sporkk is a two weapon fighter, if so I would be inclined to make that second Min II khopesh unless you want a light weapon then maybe a kukri, maybe.

Finally a Rad II weapon does 4d6 light damage and blinds a target on a crit ( I believe there is a save on this).  Therefore this is generally most popular amongst rogues using rapiers because the high crit range of a rapier blinds targets often, then the blind target is automatically vulnerable to sneak attacks, which for a toon with a lot of backstab damage dramatically increases their DPS.  For a toon without many rogue levels this may not be worth it over a Min II or Lit II weapon.

Thanks for the info, sorry I left the holy part off, but that's what I meant when I said min2 acid acid.  T

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
If you are gonna make Falchion then go Tier1-Acid Tier2-Goodburst etc

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Flesh wrote on Feb 10th, 2010 at 6:15pm:
Hi, welcome.

Hi Welcome

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #7 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
I think over time Holy/Acidburst/Acidblast or Acid/Goodburst/Acidblast will even out over time so whichever you prefer is fine.

Acid blast over +2 con on a barb generally because the more dps the better.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
on my wf barb, i went with greataxe for huge crits and a higher base dmg (essentially, i use it for almost everything, incl crit immune stuff). i have a +++ maul for skeletons. i took acid blast on tier III for more dps as it is likely that i'm going to put +2 con on a tod ring

as for radiance, if you want to make that, make sure its either a falchion if you going thf. this is due to the blind effect only being available on crits. i did not bother with that for my barb, instead i crafted a +45 hp radiance guard cloak

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #9 - Feb 11th, 2010 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Feb 10th, 2010 at 10:04pm:
on my wf barb, i went with greataxe for huge crits and a higher base dmg (essentially, i use it for almost everything, incl crit immune stuff). i have a +++ maul for skeletons. i took acid blast on tier III for more dps as it is likely that i'm going to put +2 con on a tod ring

as for radiance, if you want to make that, make sure its either a falchion if you going thf. this is due to the blind effect only being available on crits. i did not bother with that for my barb, instead i crafted a +45 hp radiance guard cloak

I went blast as well on my barb's Min II and lightning II... mostly axes because she old school pre-mod 9 although am making a falchion now for playing round with and have a greatsword hanging 'bouts from pre greataxe days... I use a +++ maul on skeles too. I liked the result so much I tossed two +++ warhammers on my Khopesh using kensai... ... because am thin on bludgeoning bane weapons ... have a nice holy burst staff of GUB and a holy maul of GUB on my rogue and pally...

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Ok, so I am finally gonna make some of this crap for Tablespoon.  Gonna make a +++ maul and either  a min2 holy acid acid GA or Falcion, I kinda like the falcion for the crit range.  Any additional thoughts with U5?  Thx, T

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Falchion > GA vs crittable mobs

IP Logged

zed
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Does that hold true for mobs with 50% fort?

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
zed wrote on Aug 10th, 2010 at 6:41pm:
Does that hold true for mobs with 50% fort?

if i'm not mistaken, yes but the advantage is really small

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #14 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Aug 10th, 2010 at 6:12pm:
Falchion > GA vs crittable mobs

Unless you stun them first...  Wink

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 10th, 2010 at 9:59pm:
Unless you stun them first...  Wink

not if they are raid bosses on normal difficulty  Cheesy

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #16 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Aug 10th, 2010 at 10:15pm:
not if they are raid bosses on normal difficulty  Cheesy

Fo' sho'.  My point here is that more should go into weapon selection than just numbers... like, say, playstyle.  A mad stunner is one example.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 12:48am
Print Post  
OP asked for min2 which main purpose is to break DR. playstyle is only remotely related

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #18 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 11:32am
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint