Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic State of the lame 2010 (Read 4760 times)
Tspoon
Ex Member

State of the lame 2010
Mar 16th, 2010 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
ZZZZzzzzzz....

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Re: State of the lame 2010
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2010 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Yeah, we wait weeks on end and get a generic statement like:

We're working on neat things, coming soon!

BTW, I know for a fact that half-orc was to the point of dev playtesting when monks were released, but wasn't included because it was super-broken.  So basically they make it sound like they've been working on it when really all they've done is take it off the shelf and (maybe) dust it off.

This sounds like the same old bullshit.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2010 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Mar 16th, 2010 at 3:50pm:

It will continue to be the same old bullshit as long as Fernando Paiz is in charge.  If Fernando and Tyrrant were to be fired tomorrow I'd seriously consider coming back to play.  Until that happens, though, there's no reason to waste time or energy on a game that's going nowhere.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2010 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Mar 16th, 2010 at 3:50pm:
Yeah, we wait weeks on end and get a generic statement like:

We're working on neat things, coming soon!

BTW, I know for a fact that half-orc was to the point of dev playtesting when monks were released, but wasn't included because it was super-broken.  So basically they make it sound like they've been working on it when really all they've done is take it off the shelf and (maybe) dust it off.

Yeah, saying Half-Orc by the end of the year is essentially saying, "we aren't even close".   I'd be surprised if we saw them before June 2011.  Also, I am a little surprised that there doesn't seem to be ANY new raids coming this year, nor any new stuff for the twelve/amrath...  T

IP Logged

Steelrock
Dragon Raider

Elite Raiders

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2010 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Yawn. I guess they think lag is now fixed, unless I missed where they said it would be fixed again. Shroud lately? The best game you can't play for free!

Turbine is a company, not your friend.

If a company you have been loyal to suddenly changes their product so that it either is worse or not even working any more then only a complete fool would continue to patronize them.

Business only understands one thing, the bottom line.

The posters above who have a delusional perception of their relationship with Turbine seem to be suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2010 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
I cant wait to get a hireling Monk.

I am gonna start five man groups so that we can take the monk thru lots of quests and see how many times we can show it up as the useless class that it is Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2010 at 7:11pm by Antir »  

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2010 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Ironically, the monk may very well end up the best hireling because it has evasion (and thus won't die every time a trap pops up).  You'll also never have to worry about it getting aggro. 

You know... I think monks should have a permanent aura of Tasha's Hideous Laughter.  I know I can't look at the screen straight when I see someone trying to convince me that monks don't suck.  Smiley

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Steelrock wrote on Mar 16th, 2010 at 6:45pm:
Yawn. I guess they think lag is now fixed, unless I missed where they said it would be fixed again. Shroud lately? The best game you can't play for free!

Amen.  I ran a Shroud yesterday - we had no cc going and all 12 people had a simultaneous 30 second freeze up BEATING ON A PORTAL.  We each thought we were disconnecting until we unfroze and realized we all experienced the same thing.

Keep your fucking half orc and FIX THE LAG FOR SOBBING OUT LOUD.  I don't care about any new content if I can't play it!

Demoyn wrote on Mar 16th, 2010 at 7:14pm:
Ironically, the monk may very well end up the best hireling because it has evasion (and thus won't die every time a trap pops up).  You'll also never have to worry about it getting aggro. 

You know... I think monks should have a permanent aura of Tasha's Hideous Laughter.  I know I can't look at the screen straight when I see someone trying to convince me that monks don't suck.  Smiley

Jesus, ENOUGH.  Not another thread of this please.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2010 at 8:24pm by »  

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Jesus, ENOUGH.  Not another thread of this please.  Roll Eyes

But.... but... but... it's the only thing I can seem to get anyone's blood pressure up over.  Sad

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #9 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
You may recognise the following 'Major additions from the State of the game..

# Half-Orc & Half-Elf Race – Were you hoping for a little more diversity in playable races, and perhaps a tusk or two? Keep an eye out towards the end of the year.
# Crafting – Are you wondering what to do with all your gold and merchant fodder items? Don’t worry, crafting is coming! Crafting will focus around letting players make useful items out of loot and other resources and we’re targeting late Fall of this year for its release.
# Guild Housing – Another often requested feature, Guild Housing is something we are working on for late this year or early next year. Housing will provide Guilds with a home base in the city, where they can display their accolades and possibly purchase conveniences for Guild members like a Tavern keep or a Guild Bank Manager.

Oh yeah, sorry, that was from the 2007 State of the Game.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Yabba
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
So is there anything worth coming back to the game for yet?

i will let everyone know now for the record if i dont grab it an my guildy doesnt want it an i dont have friend that wants it THE LOOT STAYS IN THE CHEST!. - Cavern (when he was guild leader of ER.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Yabba wrote on Mar 17th, 2010 at 11:55pm:

Judging by the amount of people quitting, I'd say no.

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #12 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 12:20am
Print Post  

Who are you?

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #13 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 1:20am
Print Post  

I would have to say that if you enjoy creating and levelling characters then yes, if you prefer the end game then it depends on whether you enjoy epic or not, lol.

Though jump in some trainwreck shroud pugs and you are good to go Cheesy

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #14 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 10:59am
Print Post  

Yabba: honestly, right now? No.

One thing I will say: the changes that they made to the LOOK of the game WILL blow you away. It looks way better. Jump in as FTP you'll see what I mean.

But in 6 months? I honestly think it will be.

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Mar 18th, 2010 at 10:59am:
Yabba: honestly, right now? No.

One thing I will say: the changes that they made to the LOOK of the game WILL blow you away. It looks way better. Jump in as FTP you'll see what I mean.

But in 6 months? I honestly think it will be.

I totally agree, but I think 6 months may be a little soon...  The F2Pers learning curve is much much shallower, than ours was, it's just too easy to get to lvl 20 without having to learn anything.  It also seems rather obvious from the state of the game that the foci for this year are lowbies, the store, and game tweaking. 
The biggest deal in the entire "speech" is half-Orcs which are, as I said more like a year or more away, and how long is playing one gonna really hold anyone's attention...  All the money is in levels 1-10 after that I think Turbine's revenues drop off dramatically, at least from the store.  I think what I have realized just a couple days ago is there isn't a whole lot of point to waiting for DDO to get better, we are at the end of this platform and I am pretty sure Turbine knows it.  The game engine can't handle what is being asked of it, and clearly some of the underlying code, is fundamentally flawed, or incapable of being modified to fix major issues like lag, and new character classes like monks (GS weapons) and druids (shapeshifting).  The money is there, the game engine isn't, they know a lot more about what they are doing than when they wrote the original code, it leads me in only one direction....

DDO2
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2010 at 1:50pm by »  

IP Logged

Amabel
DQ Assaulter

I am Drama!

Reply #16 - May 21st, 2010 at 5:37am
Print Post  
I'll come back if you come back Yabba...

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #17 - May 21st, 2010 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I totally agree, but I think 6 months may be a little soon...  The F2Pers learning curve is much much shallower, than ours was, it's just too easy to get to lvl 20 without having to learn anything.  It also seems rather obvious from the state of the game that the foci for this year are lowbies, the store, and game tweaking. 
The biggest deal in the entire "speech" is half-Orcs which are, as I said more like a year or more away, and how long is playing one gonna really hold anyone's attention...  All the money is in levels 1-10 after that I think Turbine's revenues drop off dramatically, at least from the store.  I think what I have realized just a couple days ago is there isn't a whole lot of point to waiting for DDO to get better, we are at the end of this platform and I am pretty sure Turbine knows it.  The game engine can't handle what is being asked of it, and clearly some of the underlying code, is fundamentally flawed, or incapable of being modified to fix major issues like lag, and new character classes like monks (GS weapons) and druids (shapeshifting).  The money is there, the game engine isn't, they know a lot more about what they are doing than when they wrote the original code, it leads me in only one direction....

DDO2

Looking at Update 5, you are totally right about what their aims are.

Guild Airships, guild improvements and a level 5 quest series (with an epic component)

The funniest thing about coming back now though (if you do Yabba/Amabel) guess what the most run raid is? Cheesy

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #18 - May 25th, 2010 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Amabel wrote on May 21st, 2010 at 5:37am:

if you guys come back I'll play until my sub runs out.

IP Logged

Keeper of the Vault
YaBB Administrator

Spelunker

Reply #19 - May 25th, 2010 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Amabel wrote on May 21st, 2010 at 5:37am:

I won't.

edit: erm, Strakeln, who is too lazy to log onto his account, won't.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2010 at 8:30pm by Keeper of the Vault »  

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 26th, 2010 at 2:50am
Print Post  
Spoke to amabel 2 nights ago! He's back!

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - May 26th, 2010 at 9:09am
Print Post  
I'm reminded of the definition of insanity...

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #22 - May 26th, 2010 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Keeper of the Vault wrote on May 25th, 2010 at 8:30pm:
I won't.

edit: erm, Strakeln, who is too lazy to log onto his account, won't.

Blah.

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #23 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  

a

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint