Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What is going on? (Read 4395 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

What is going on?
Apr 16th, 2010 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
I am new, so I missed a lot of old drama. I think I may see a pattern developing though.

I have been present for the broken update release, the offer wall debacle, and now the sale of additional bank space in DDO store for 995 tps. Not shared bank space, but per character. Wtf? Do they have a contest among the different departments at Turbine to see who can have the worst ideas? They are making Microsoft decisions look downright good. Damn.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Flesh
Waterworks Kobold

If its been done, AoK
did it first.

Re: What is going on?
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
I don't know but I sure do feel guilty about all my reputation.

Flesh: Fleshchanter, Fleshredder, Fleshkiller, Fleshripper, Fleshvik, Fleshik, Flezzta, Fleshadow, Bobthenut
Argonnessen~AoK
Hey, at least I'm better than Yaga, I only average out to about -3% on a good tr xp train.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Now just imagine that that, before delivering all of those horrible ideas, they promised you their horrible ideas were going to be GREAT without actually telling you what they were (their actual words were "vast and mysterious") and they kept telling you they'd be out "SOON"... while making you wait for over a year.  That's exactly what happened with the realease of EU, which is why most current players are not on good terms with the Turbine company.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 16th, 2010 at 3:37pm:
I am new, so I missed a lot of old drama. I think I may see a pattern developing though.

I have been present for the broken update release, the offer wall debacle, and now the sale of additional bank space in DDO store for 995 tps. Not shared bank space, but per character. Wtf? Do they have a contest among the different departments at Turbine to see who can have the worst ideas? They are making Microsoft decisions look downright good. Damn.

You weren't around when endless players posted requests for character slots, bankslots, respec and most of them said they would be willing to pay for them.  Personally, I think it's a non-issue.  you can get 120 extra bank spaces for free with every extra F2P account you make.  If you really can't keep all your stuff in the spaces you get, well perhaps paying for pack ratting is reasonable.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2010 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You weren't around when endless players posted requests for character slots, bankslots, respec and most of them said they would be willing to pay for them.  Personally, I think it's a non-issue.  you can get 120 extra bank spaces for free with every extra F2P account you make.  If you really can't keep all your stuff in the spaces you get, well perhaps paying for pack ratting is reasonable. 

An extra character space is what, 595 tp or something... close to double that for 20 bank slots, that arent shared doesn't make sense... just get an extra character slot and store on the character.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 3:27am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 16th, 2010 at 11:57pm:
An extra character space is what, 595 tp or something... close to double that for 20 bank slots, that arent shared doesn't make sense... just get an extra character slot and store on the character.

Well, if you don't want to offer something in the store but there are people constantly requesting it, price it accordingly.  Perhaps they just don't want to deal with the database issue with lots of players having more bank space, but if people are willing to throw down big bucks then ok...  After all, it is an "extra" that no one really needs, so who cares if it has a rediculous pricetag.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
Well, if you don't want to offer something in the store but there are people constantly requesting it, price it accordingly.  Perhaps they just don't want to deal with the database issue with lots of players having more bank space, but if people are willing to throw down big bucks then ok...  After all, it is an "extra" that no one really needs, so who cares if it has a rediculous pricetag. 

That is reasonable. I no longer feel angry. Thank you.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
It could be 95 tp but some idiot priced it wrong, not the first time pricing is wrong lol

IP Logged

Valanthius
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 1:46am
Print Post  
/Hands Stainer a donut!

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #9 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Valanthius wrote on Jun 17th, 2010 at 1:46am:
/Hands Stainer a donut!

Ha! Good boobies. :p

edit to add - damn got pwned by the word filter
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2010 at 9:15am by stainer »  

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #10 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jun 17th, 2010 at 9:02am:
Ha! Good boobies. :p

edit to add - damn got pwned by the word filter

I love that filter!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 26th, 2010 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
The boobies win out EVERY TIME!  Grin Grin

I've been playing since a couple months after launch when level cap was 10 and I have to say the thing that really got my cavern clenching was the "vast and mysterious" - we were stuck capped at level 16 for over a year with nothing but bacon puzzles and "SOOON!!!!" as responses to our neverending questions.  No new content, same old shit OVER AND OVER.  Gornn and I used to run about 18 Shrouds a night, just switching characters, rinse and repeat.  Then the next night was Hound, so on and so forth.

I have to say the only thing I really enjoyed about that time is that there were really only old schoolers left who had invested so much time, money and gear onto these characters that we were going to stick it out no matter what.  You could pretty much join any group for any quest and it would be fast and easy - everyone knew the content so we could just joke around and have a good time with no backseat leaders.  I know that Disavowed misses those times as well - Gianthold hasn't been the same since.  Grin

IP Logged

Mithran
Baghdad Bob

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 2:02am
Print Post  
I've played since Day One (its official release) and I agree that the V&M Days were the best for pugs. It didn't matter who was in the group (it was probably mostly the same people on alts), it was always a bunch of badasses.

The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

IP Logged

Durtty
Waterworks Kobold

The Hand of The Black
Tower

Reply #13 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 4:08am
Print Post  
Mithran wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 2:02am:
I've played since Day One (its official release) and I agree that the V&M Days were the best for pugs. It didn't matter who was in the group (it was probably mostly the same people on alts), it was always a bunch of badasses.

And don't forget, I think we had 1 kid on the entire damned server.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Durtty wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 4:08am:
And don't forget, I think we had 1 kid on the entire damned server.

I was in a Taming the Flames group once and I made a rusty trombone joke and one of the guys in the party typed, "What's a rusty trombone?" and someone said over voice chat, "Dude, how do you not know what a rusty trombone is?" and the player replied, "I'm 8."  Undecided

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #15 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I was in a Taming the Flames group once and I made a rusty trombone joke and one of the guys in the party typed, "What's a rusty trombone?" and someone said over voice chat, "Dude, how do you not know what a rusty trombone is?" and the player replied, "I'm 8."  Undecided

I think I was in that group.  I was dying  Grin

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #16 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I choose not to know what a Rusty Trombone, Dirty Sanchez, etc. are.  Tongue

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Slink
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 4:47pm:

You get the tossed salad with duck sauce.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 4:47pm:

That's a dangerous thing to say in this group, Arkaticus!  Someone is going to give you a face full of a Google image search!

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #19 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 11:31am
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint