Poll
Poll Question: What is Turbine's Biggest Epic Fail?
bars   pie

Launch - Dungeons, no Dragons    
  2 (2.9%)
Unbeatable Titan    
  3 (4.3%)
Necropolis    
  6 (8.7%)
Reaver's Refuge Crafting    
  7 (10.1%)
Shroud/ToD/Sub Lag    
  5 (7.2%)
Offer Wall    
  24 (34.8%)
Dungeon Alert    
  17 (24.6%)
Guild Levels    
  5 (7.2%)

Total votes: 69
« Last Modified by: Inkblack on: Jun 9th, 2010 at 10:10pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Biggest Turbine Epic Fail (Read 10000 times)
Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Re: Biggest Turbine Epic Fail
Reply #25 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Nevynn wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 at 12:58pm:
I have to admit, Tyrrant's response before closing your thread was pretty fucking awesome.

Yeah, he definitely came up with a good one.  17 minutes Sad

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #26 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
What was his response?

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #27 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 at 2:19pm:
What was his response?

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=255042

Probably better in context.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #28 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
thats a little funny.

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #29 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Curses!  You win this time, Tarrant, but we WILL meet again!

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #30 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Thinking we might need a repost of this say mid day Saturday where we can get a few replies before Tarrant interrupts his weekend jerkoff session to close the thread again.  Think I might add "Hiring Tarrant to be a forum moderator" to the list to really get his anus all puckered up.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 at 4:24pm:
Think I might add "Hiring Tarrant to be a forum moderator" to the list to really get his anus all puckered up.

This is where my vote would go!  I would honestly be playing (and paying for) DDO again tomorrow if a report came out today that Tyrrant and Fernando Paiz got fired.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2010 at 4:59pm by Demoyn »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #32 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Demoyn wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 at 4:59pm:
This is where my vote would go!  I would honestly be playing (and paying for) DDO again tomorrow if a report came out today that Tyrrant and Fernando Paiz got fired.

Don't forget Kate. She needs to go too.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:38pm:
Don't forget Kate. She needs to go too.

She was on maternity leave when I stopped playing, so I haven't seen her do anything.  Has she been screwing stuff up lately?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #34 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Demoyn wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:50pm:
She was on maternity leave when I stopped playing, so I haven't seen her do anything.  Has she been screwing stuff up lately?

I haven't heard from her since maternity leave either but a pre-emptive firing in her case would be most welcome. Smiley

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:52pm:
I haven't heard from her since maternity leave either but a pre-emptive firing in her case would be most welcome. Smiley

Change I can believe in!

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #36 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Speaking of Kate...

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=335117

She's was just named Executive Producer of LotRO 10 days ago! How the hell did we not hear about it??

Holy Shit that game is DOOOOOOOMED!

I was considering moving over to LotRO when they announced it was moving to F2P but not anymore.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2010 at 7:00pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
"I believe this is going to be a very exciting time for LOTRO, and hope that you all continue to share your perspective on the game..." ...as long as everything you say is overwhelmingly positive about our system!

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #38 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
I've heard rumors that Fernando may (I stress may) be going to head up some engine development group that would span multiple games.   We can only hope.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #39 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Demoyn wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 at 4:59pm:

I agree about Paiz, but, honestly, I can put up with Tyrrant since he doesn't do anything in game and doesn't any decisions related to the game.

My problem is that the Paiz have set precedence and the game is losing ther D&D roots and becoming Candyland  - even well established Devs are supporting non-D&D changes. 
I believe that the F2P and advertising blitz was successful for the game - not all the deviations from D&D rules (such as the ice games) and the dumbing down of the game.

They need some sort of management change to get them back on track.

IP Logged

Swedishchef
Dragon Raider

Got to love the chef :)

Reply #40 - Jun 15th, 2010 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Jun 14th, 2010 at 4:24pm:
Thinking we might need a repost of this say mid day Saturday where we can get a few replies before Tarrant interrupts his weekend jerkoff session to close the thread again.  Think I might add "Hiring Tarrant to be a forum moderator" to the list to really get his anus all puckered up.

Cheesy good stuff.
but make sure to type "Best improvemnts made by turbine" that way your not throwing dirt around you`r just applauding them (and thier ignorance)  Grin

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #41 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 3:39am
Print Post  
I hate how the game doesn't remember my key options and how you can't customise the number of hotbars you have, so you can scroll through them and know without looking which one you will end up at, without having to choose a multiple of 20 and repeat it.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2010 at 3:40am by Astraghal »  

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #42 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Jun 16th, 2010 at 3:39am:
I hate how the game doesn't remember my key options
What do you mean?  I've had a few problems with keymapping over the years but never found one that didn't have a resolution.

Astraghal wrote on Jun 16th, 2010 at 3:39am:
and how you can't customise the number of hotbars you have, so you can scroll through them and know without looking which one you will end up at, without having to choose a multiple of 20 and repeat it.

Yeah, they really screwed that up.  Though I'm one to use all 20, it really should have been customizable, and we know it could have been.  Here's why: back in the day, we only had 10 hotbars.  But there was a trick, using the /alias command, that many of us used to increase our number of hotbars.

So if this functionality was available to the user, that means there is some underlying structure already in place to change the number of hotbars.

Instead, they took the stupid (but easy) route and put 20 in for all.

There is a bit of a work-around, though: remove your empty bars from the scroll window and hide them behind something (like the scroll window, or control panel buttons).

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #43 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 1:11am
Print Post  
I use the layout with CTRL + wheel to scroll around my hotbars. There are a few shortcuts defaulted to CTRL + key in that setup. I also use WASD for movement and a lot of keys around those for selecting stuff. It's real easy when I'm moving around and scrolling through bars simulteneously, to accidentally pull up the DDO store or something. I edit the CTRL + key option to just key when I log on, but it defaults back to the CTRL + key default every time I log out again.

I'm sure there has to be a way to edit the config. file someone in the DDO folder, I've just never bothered looking.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #44 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 1:30am
Print Post  
Yeah, that problem got me for a while too.  I use ctrl for lots of things, hotkeys especially.  Ctrl+mmb is "secondary heal" (usually heal scrolls) for many of my characters, so I'd often find myself running backwards and trying to heal, only to have the goddamn store pop up.

I thought they'd fixed that, apparently not.  However, there *is* a workaround.  The trick is that you need to assign whatever keypress to something.  So in the case of ctrl+s, I assigned it to "move backward" (along with 's').  It's annoying to have to do, but less annoying than that goddamn store popping up mid-battle.

You can do this editing via the ddo.keymap file in the same folder as your screenshots, but it's easier for most to do it via the options window in-game.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2010 at 1:32am by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #45 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 17th, 2010 at 1:30am:
Yeah, that problem got me for a while too.  I use ctrl for lots of things, hotkeys especially.  Ctrl+mmb is "secondary heal" (usually heal scrolls) for many of my characters, so I'd often find myself running backwards and trying to heal, only to have the goddamn store pop up.

I thought they'd fixed that, apparently not.  However, there *is* a workaround.  The trick is that you need to assign whatever keypress to something.  So in the case of ctrl+s, I assigned it to "move backward" (along with 's').  It's annoying to have to do, but less annoying than that goddamn store popping up mid-battle.

You can do this editing via the ddo.keymap file in the same folder as your screenshots, but it's easier for most to do it via the options window in-game.

Thanks, I'll look.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #46 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 9th, 2010 at 8:30pm:
Dungeon Scaling should be on there too, though it has no chance of winning if Dungeon Alert makes the list.

People wanted a solo mode option, not a "we'll dumb it down unless you're on elite" thing shoved down our throats.

You know, I originally thought dungeon scaling was a nice idea.  Make it easier to get 2-4 man groups together and run more quests.  Less time waiting for that 5th or 6th slot to fill. 

But all my main toons were capped or close when it came out.   I have a haggle bard I was working up the tree, but that one almost never soloed and very rarely short manned quests.  (Bards have no trouble finding a group and a group with a bard and cleric in it attract melees like flies to honey).

Now that I've TR'd two toons, I'm seeing that dungeon scaling really messes with your head when you solo while leveling.

Take Stormcleave for example.  I could solo on norm or hard with my level 8 melee TR.  But, step in on hard with a full party?  Totally different.  You take on even something as simple as that group of 5-7 wolves or those 3 hill giants and you are tripped or knocked down on your ass in no time.  And then the beat down begins. 

I see this particularly with new/inexperienced players a lot.  They solo stuff, get a big head and then run the same quest at the same difficulty (or maybe one level higher) with a group and are dead within 2 minutes.  Newb is all bent outta shape.  Welcome to dungeon scaling....

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #47 - Jun 17th, 2010 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 17th, 2010 at 9:52am:
You know, I originally thought dungeon scaling was a nice idea.  Make it easier to get 2-4 man groups together and run more quests.  Less time waiting for that 5th or 6th slot to fill. 

But all my main toons were capped or close when it came out.   I have a haggle bard I was working up the tree, but that one almost never soloed and very rarely short manned quests.  (Bards have no trouble finding a group and a group with a bard and cleric in it attract melees like flies to honey).

Now that I've TR'd two toons, I'm seeing that dungeon scaling really messes with your head when you solo while leveling.

Take Stormcleave for example.  I could solo on norm or hard with my level 8 melee TR.  But, step in on hard with a full party?  Totally different.  You take on even something as simple as that group of 5-7 wolves or those 3 hill giants and you are tripped or knocked down on your ass in no time.  And then the beat down begins. 

I see this particularly with new/inexperienced players a lot.  They solo stuff, get a big head and then run the same quest at the same difficulty (or maybe one level higher) with a group and are dead within 2 minutes.  Newb is all bent outta shape.  Welcome to dungeon scaling....

I just don't get what made them decide to implement DS.  There was absolutely nothing holding them back from implementing it as an option (a million different ways to do it, to boot).

For outdoor areas, I could see it.  But not for quests.  A horrible failure on the part of Turbine.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #48 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jun 9th, 2010 at 5:39pm:
Offer Wall...easily.

Nods...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #49 - Jun 22nd, 2010 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jun 17th, 2010 at 8:34pm:
I just don't get what made them decide to implement DS.  There was absolutely nothing holding them back from implementing it as an option (a million different ways to do it, to boot).

For outdoor areas, I could see it.  But not for quests.  A horrible failure on the part of Turbine.

To me, dungeon scaling means that if there is only 3 other guildies around to run a quest, we go with 4 and don't bother putting up an LFM. Makes me wonder how busy the server is sometimes because I am sure we're not the only guild doing it.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint