Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Premium (Read 1284 times)
Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Premium
Jul 4th, 2010 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
So over my break from DDO, I've been buying points when they're on sale and purchasing things like adventure packs when they're also on sale.

I'm almost done with everything, just waiting for mid level adventure packs and character slots to go on sale.  Looks like it will be about $140 total, then I suspect subsequent adventure packs can be paid mostly via TP awarded in-game.  It will cost about $80 for Qwijy's account, as that one had a bunch of TP stored up from when it was VIP.

I'm bored and would come back now, but SC2 launches on July 27th so I'll hold off until that bores me.

Not bad, really, that's about 10 months of VIP.  Though I suppose now perma-bans might be more meaningful.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Slink
Ex Member

Re: Premium
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Yes

IP Logged

Amabel
DQ Assaulter

I am Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 6:01am
Print Post  
To come back or not to come back...

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Maybe

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 10:40am
Print Post  
This update is killing me.  Not for the nerfs -- I just refuse to to buy an adventure pack that everyone is telling me is blah after I bought the last few that were the same way.  The  last one  I bought I've been in 3 quests, one of them twice, and other than that I doubt I'm ever heading back in there.  They are interesting, but they are for low level characters.  I've got 8 capped toons, another one at 18, and a mule.  80% of the characters in my guild are level 18 and above.  WTF do we need another low level quest for?  There's already a shitload of them.

With premium, there is really no good way to show your displeasure.  The only way to do it is through the store -- which Turbine will not notice since it is just a drop in the bucket.  So I didn't buy this adventure pack.  And I won't buy any more until they release high level content.  Will they notice?  I doubt it.  But when I look around, I'm seeing fewer and fewer vets.  If they want to cater to the people that like the flavor of the month, fine.  But don't be surprised when they see something else shiny and go over there.

I'd be really pissed if I was still paying $15 a month for this shit.

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
I bought lots of $50 bonus points deals when they were on special and used them to get all the adventure packs and everything else I'll ever need in the game. I was already capped and haven't even looked at 75% of those low level quests. The only use I will probably get out of them in the future is the odd clicky or skill item and XP when I TR.

There is a lack of high end content, I end up grinding the same few quests and raids just for the few items I need to finish my fighter. There needs to be more high end areas like amrath, that actually challenge a group to use teamwork and tactics and play their builds to maximum potential.

The problem is that turbine doesn't seem to have enough imagination to make challenging high level quests that don't revolve around giants, devils, orthons and the odd dragon.

IP Logged

^_^
Dirty Sock

KNN's Bitch

Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
bottle

[] wrote on Jan 14th, 2016 at 2:59pm:
He seems to be performing at his optimal, though limited, level of intelligence.  It's Reilley that we need to be nice to.  That guys one more troll victimization away from putting his head in the oven.

Darth Anonymous wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:35pm:
We should deport all the SW fangirls over the age of 12 (except for grand he is special) and build a wall to keep them from coming back.

Darth Anonymous wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:55pm:
Will build it out of pussy. That is one thing those fanboys can never get a hold of.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint