Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Shroud healing (Read 3678 times)
woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Shroud healing
Jul 9th, 2010 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
I went away for a some months and come back and start running shroud on my cleric. Before I left my method that I was taught was to turn on Empower heal and spam MCLW,MCMW, then MCMW scroll. Rinse and repeat. Now I notice that now since the change to mass heal so it effects more than 6 people it has become the default tatic for healing in parts 4 and 5 with alot of the clerics that I have been pugging with.

What this leads to is I've been seeing is a large gap between the heals because of the cooldown from the second healer and a larger danger zone for the fighter types to get killed when fighting harry.

Was wondering if the method I learned is outdated and two clerics spamming Mass Heal is more effecient at keeping players up when fighting harry or is being able to spam mass heal effectivly kinda like chasing a dream because of the cooldown.

TL;DR
Is the spell mass heal effective shroud healing when fighting harry?
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2010 at 2:48pm by woody »  

IP Logged

Demoyn
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Shroud healing
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
I still use MCLW and MCMW for Shroud.  I've never had any problems with it.  I don't have quicken spell so I've never bothered trying to cast mass heal.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
I agree Woody, I've seen more groups get in trouble with the Mass Heal delay than I have with seen problems with Mass Cures.  It's pretty rare to run into spell point issues, so why are they doing it?  I stick with the Mass Cures, but I rarely run my cleric in there.

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
About half the healers I have been in shroud runs with since I got back have been using the mass heal method. I have stuck with my spam mclw/mcmw method and was just curious if a tatic changed before I start throwing out advice in game.

I think the novelty of a Heal that goes to everyone is what is spurnning the idea that it can compensate for the constant damage that harry puts out to use it so much in parts 4 and 5.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
I always start out with MCLW/MCMW and scroll like you said and if I notice that everyone is getting low, I'll throw out a quickened Mass Heal.  I've heard clerics yell at me telling me to ONLY Mass Heal as it's more effective, but if I can keep everyone up with MC, why not?

I think a bigger problem is that you're finding a lot of the newer players with their first high level character with an 8 base con and run in to beat on Harry with 150 hp and die right away.  Or they get hit once and they are barely alive so clerics are forced to quicken and throw as many heals as possible.  I won't alter my playstyle for those tards - let them die every time.  I ran with a drow rogue that died from the devils before Harry even dropped the first time.  Grin

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think a bigger problem is that you're finding a lot of the newer players with their first high level character with an 8 base con and run in to beat on Harry with 150 hp and die right away.  Or they get hit once and they are barely alive so clerics are forced to quicken and throw as many heals as possible.  I won't alter my playstyle for those tards - let them die every time.  I ran with a drow rogue that died from the devils before Harry even dropped the first time.  Grin

Yes.  It's been a rude awakening  for them getting  1shoted by Harry.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gol
Korthos Resident

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
In pugs, I have a standing rule that if you can't survive during the cooldown of Mass Heal, then your choice is to range and survive or melee and die.  Not a problem in guild runs, and means you only need 1 healer.  Occasionally I'll toss a MCLW while Mass Heal is on timer if means success vs failure.

For Elite (which we do daily now for renown), just take 2 healers and have them alternate.  Did elite last night, actually, with no pot usage and only 2 healers (both 2700+ SP Favored Souls, though).

IP Logged

Gol
Korthos Resident

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I've heard clerics yell at me telling me to ONLY Mass Heal as it's more effective, but if I can keep everyone up with MC, why not?
Because it's not SP efficient and leads to pot usage on Hard/Elite.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think a bigger problem is that you're finding a lot of the newer players with their first high level character with an 8 base con and run in to beat on Harry with 150 hp and die right away.

Ding ding!  We have a winner, folks.

Back before the newb invasion and the fix to mass heal, I was primarily using mass heal in part 4.  I had the occasional issue with the limit of 6 - just tossed a single heal now and then if more than 6 were in the middle.  Of course, finding any melee with under 400 HP was pretty rare at that point in time.

I think it just takes some practice.  Of course, I never turn off quicken...
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2010 at 7:01pm by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Gol wrote on Jul 9th, 2010 at 4:24pm:

I would agree for Elite, but normal and hard I've been using mass cures forever and never had an issue nor have I had to use pots.

Remember all those times we ran Shroud elite before Mass Heal even existed?  I love those times.  Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2010 at 7:16pm by »  

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Gol wrote on Jul 9th, 2010 at 4:24pm:

i dunno i never have to use pots on hard/elite

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #11 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Gol wrote on Jul 9th, 2010 at 4:23pm:
In pugs, I have a standing rule that if you can't survive during the cooldown of Mass Heal, then your choice is to range and survive or melee and die.  Not a problem in guild runs, and means you only need 1 healer.  Occasionally I'll toss a MCLW while Mass Heal is on timer if means success vs failure.

For Elite (which we do daily now for renown), just take 2 healers and have them alternate.  Did elite last night, actually, with no pot usage and only 2 healers (both 2700+ SP Favored Souls, though).

I will give it a shot next time I run shroud on my cleric when he's off timer.

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #12 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
The only problem i have ever had with healing in the Shroud 4 and 5 is using more sp than is needed to keep up with the lag. I only used pots in the early days when most people did not have the right weapons for bypassing DR 3+ rounds.

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #13 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Jul 9th, 2010 at 9:31pm:
The only problem i have ever had with healing in the Shroud 4 and 5 is using more sp than is needed to keep up with the lag. I only used pots in the early days when most people did not have the right weapons for bypassing DR 3+ rounds.

Oh yeah!  Did that get any better now?  (the lag)
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2010 at 9:35pm by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #14 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 9th, 2010 at 9:35pm:
Oh yeah!  Did that get any better now?  (the lag)

No, it is still the same. In fact i saw some of the old we are in part 3 and that guy is still part 1 kind of lag has come back.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2010 at 3:06am by Antir »  

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 4:07am
Print Post  
I haven't seen damage and heals popping over my head all the way to the chests like before the patch so it's a little better but it's not fixed.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

keyfaker banned by Strake
Waterworks Kobold

yawn

Reply #16 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:57am
Print Post  
What's the gnoll sr ?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint