Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fuf - Add to your lists (Read 16505 times)
Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Fuf - Add to your lists
Jul 18th, 2010 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Joined a shroud for completion.

Get through part 1, he doesn't get a shard.

Drops group -- sorry, g2g.

Less than a minute later, he's in another shroud group that's filling.

I sent the leader of the new group a tell, but he kept him anyway.

Character name was Fuf -- I didn't see if he was in a guild.

EDIT: Helper's Guild.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2010 at 6:02pm by Inkblack »  

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Re: Fuf - Add to your lists
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
As with all guilds the Helper's Guild and Epitaph are going to eventually breakdown as their core community develops its own style.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2010 at 6:42pm by Antir »  

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Jul 18th, 2010 at 6:42pm:
As with all guilds the Helper's Guild and Epitaph are going to eventually breakdown as their core community develops its own style.

Actually, you are way off base on that one.  As a Senior Officer in The Helper's Guild (yes, I am in a newb guild) I can tell you we are nothing like Epitaph.  I joined shortly after coming back to the game in January because I ran with a couple of guys and really liked them.  Yes, there are a lot of new players but most are open to suggestion and growth.  What can I say I like teaching and at the core there are a really good group of people, many will bend over backwards to help each other.  We are no fucking Epitaph.  We have grown fast and absorbed a couple of smaller guild who asked us to merge.  It's a weird period because we are trying to sort all the growth out.   We have a solid core of officers who believe in being friendly and helpful above all else. 

Ink, as for Fuf there were guildies in that run and it was immediately brought to the attention of the officers.  He said, "The portal bugged out and would not let him through."  Now, it's the first time I have heard of that happening but we have to take his word on it.  We will keep and eye on it and address the issue if it happens again.  We do not condone this behavior and it is strictly against our code of conduct.  If you have anyone has issues with members of the guild, please tell me in game.

Ararick/Kravnor/Dresdyn
Senior Officer - The Helper's Guild
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2010 at 11:32pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
As much as I like you, Eladiun, I have to say that 99.9% of the Helpers Guild people I have run with are tards.  They have just enough information to be dangerous and try to take over any run that they're in just to show everyone else that they've run it before.  I had a Helper's Guild guy the other night in a TFC run talkandtalkandtalkandtalk through the whole thing giving pointless instruction.  Most of us were on Vent so we just ignored it.  But it was very indicative of my interactions with the guild as a whole.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
As much as I like you, Eladiun, I have to say that 99.9% of the Helpers Guild people I have run with are tards.  They have just enough information to be dangerous and try to take over any run that they're in just to show everyone else that they've run it before.  I had a Helper's Guild guy the other night in a TFC run talkandtalkandtalkandtalk through the whole thing giving pointless instruction.  Most of us were on Vent so we just ignored it.  But it was very indicative of my interactions with the guild as a whole.

Your not wrong there are some retards but I have run with retards with all sorts of tags under their name. (I do think 99% is a bit harsh.)  We had an issue with a couple officers over recruiting.  I am actively thinning the herd and trying to bring up those I can.  Try Sisster as your healer and you won't be disappointed.    If someone is being a problem let me know and I will address it.   
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2010 at 11:46pm by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 18th, 2010 at 11:31pm:
Actually, you are way off base on that one.  As a Senior Officer in The Helper's Guild (yes, I am in a newb guild) I can tell you we are nothing like Epitaph.  I joined shortly after coming back to the game in January because I ran with a couple of guys and really liked them.  Yes, there are a lot of new players but most are open to suggestion and growth.  What can I say I like teaching and at the core there are a really good group of people, many will bend over backwards to help each other.  We are no fucking Epitaph.  We have grown fast and absorbed a couple of smaller guild who asked us to merge.  It's a weird period because we are trying to sort all the growth out.   We have a solid core of officers who believe in being friendly and helpful above all else. 

Ink, as for Fuf there were guildies in that run and it was immediately brought to the attention of the officers.  He said, "The portal bugged out and would not let him through."  Now, it's the first time I have heard of that happening but we have to take his word on it.  We will keep and eye on it and address the issue if it happens again.  We do not condone this behavior and it is strictly against our code of conduct.  If you have anyone has issues with members of the guild, please tell me in game.

Ararick/Kravnor/Dresdyn
Senior Officer - The Helper's Guild

Most of my interactions with the Helper's Guild have been ok but i must say that they panic very easily when they are quite obviously are not confident in what they are doing.

My point was about the size of the guild and the DOT effect which is normal and natural it was not meant to be a criticism.

I was basically saying that like development of all guilds they will go through stages when they need to sort things out. "Breakdown" does not mean die it just means something needs to be fixed. How the core community handles that situation will determine the future of the guild. I like to be brief and sometimes i do not fully explain everything i had in mind.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Jul 18th, 2010 at 11:48pm:
Most of my interactions with the Helper's Guild have been ok but i must say that they panic very easily when they are quite obviously are not confident in what they are doing.

My point was about the size of the guild and the DOT effect which is normal and natural it was not meant to be a criticism.

I was basically saying that like development of all guilds they will go through stages when they need to sort things out. "Breakdown" does not mean die it just means something needs to be fixed. How the core community handles that situation will determine the future of the guild. I like to be brief and sometimes i do not fully explain everything i had in mind.

Agreed.  I actually look forward to some of that breakdown.  I was against a lot of the growth but I'm set in my ways and tend to run with the same 3 folks most nights and fill the other spots. 

Prior to U5 I logged in one night and saw one of my officers LFM recruiting and about had a stroke.  This fucking renown system makes people crazy.  Unfortunately, it really wouldn't be fair to just boot them all so we had to work through it. The 6 of us on the Senior Council have taken been working double time to get things more organized and structured.  We never really planned to grow this large or this fast.  It was being included in the same sentence as Epitaph that made me jump.  We aren't grabbing folks off the boat and there is a clear policy to recruit only players you have partied with and fit our core ideals.

Your dead on though I have seen the same panic.  As I said we have a lot of newbs but there are some really quality people and I have seen them stick through some really ugly quests.  We have all been the panicky newb at one point.   There is a good core and some of them are improving greatly.  We have had a lot of GR's recently to fix all those PnP to DDO mistakes.  We have had a number of veteran skilled players who have joined recently who are also helping to educate our newer members.

Quote:

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #7 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 18th, 2010 at 11:44pm:
Your not wrong there are some retards but I have run with retards with all sorts of tags under their name. (I do think 99% is a bit harsh.)  We had an issue with a couple officers over recruiting.  I am actively thinning the herd and trying to bring up those I can.  Try Sisster as your healer and you won't be disappointed.    If someone is being a problem let me know and I will address it.   

Sisster has been a friend of mine since I started playing again back in Jan. She is a pretty good healer wouldn't say awesome but she knows what she is doing for the most part. I for the most part have had no problems with The Helpers Guild members and would definately not lump them with the Epitards.  Grin

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #8 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:23am
Print Post  
I might have run with you a time or two then I run with Sis most nights.

Quote:

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:26am
Print Post  

there is a problem when the retart is a guild leader. i was in a TS run where your guild leader was first leading. in that run was also vikconis. there are people who have not done TS before and your leader chose to run it on hard. he didnt tell people what was being expected of them (u do not expect people who have not raided before, yes i know TS is not a real raid, to know everything that is needed). at the end of the day, me, vik and a ranger from your guild (who was threatened for explusion because he ran ahead, but seriously, your guild leader is SLOW, getting lost here and there) had most of the kills

what is my basic expectations? adamantine weapons if not metalline (no these are not hard to get), people were not punching thru golem DR. a decent build (yes it would greatly help if more officers like you can subtlely show them the mechanics of toon building) as many of them were missing, even the casters, regularly (i myddoed one of the rangers, twf, longswords, max dex no str!). self sufficiency is another issue, rangers that expect healers to keep them alive AND topped up, pallys that do not know how to cure disease. people running around blind (alrite, i fess up! it was fun seeing 1 guy run into the spike traps and ding!)

its with such attitudes that many people bring up the levels and into endgame raids...

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:03am:
It was being included in the same sentence as Epitaph that made me jump.

yes i agree its too harsh to put you guys in the same sentence. that said, you guys were around much longer, more could be done earlier but nope. check out the drama threads in these forums and you will see what many of us think of helpers guild

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:36am
Print Post  
When was this, I've run TS multiple times with Cray and never seen this sort of thing (but I have a good guess as to who the ranger was).  If was recent I would be surprised otherwise he is a newer player as well.  Leading raids even TS is a learned skill and can only be learned by trying and failing.

Quote:

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:38am
Print Post  
the last was last week, he was on his pally (unless i got the wrong guild but not many have L30+) and he was bragging about having done the raid 30+ times

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #13 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:34am:
yes i agree its too harsh to put you guys in the same sentence. that said, you guys were around much longer, more could be done earlier but nope. check out the drama threads in these forums and you will see what many of us think of helpers guild

If one could change the past they would be quite wealthy, I for one can only focus on the now and the future.  As for reading the rants in the drama vault to get a feel for what people think, I might be better off using the National Enquirer for stock tips.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #14 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Cray isn't one to brag or threaten expulsion in a party chat it sounds out of character.  Since I wasn't there I can't say one way or the other. 
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:46am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:39am:
If one could change the past they would be quite wealthy, I for one can only focus on the now and the future.  As for reading the rants in the drama vault to get a feel for what people think, I might be better off using the National Enquirer for stock tips.

i do not disagree that rants here are drama based but the point here is we are a lot more honest and raw in our rants. if u see someone with a rant on helpers guild, send him/her a tell and i'm pretty sure it will be honest. my months of reading stuff in here have given me a pretty accurate assessment of some of the players i met and true to the rants on these forums, those runs are really entertaining. as to national enquirer, it hasnt made me rich yet

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #16 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:46am:
i do not disagree that rants here are drama based but the point here is we are a lot more honest and raw in our rants. if u see someone with a rant on helpers guild, send him/her a tell and i'm pretty sure it will be honest. my months of reading stuff in here have given me a pretty accurate assessment of some of the players i met and true to the rants on these forums, those runs are really entertaining. as to national enquirer, it hasnt made me rich yet

Agreed, " some of the players", I do not want any one player tarnishing the guild in that manner.  It's why I spoke up to address the issue.  I fucking hate Shroud droppers and I have a zero tolerance for shit.  I PM'd someone on the main boards the other day over someone who dropped an Inferno party.  I'm working to improve my guild and I will personally address situations of this nature.

Can I personally critique every build or make sure everyone has pots, no, but as those situations arise in a group I am in I try and educate.   However, I can deal with players who cause problems and behave in an anti-party manner.

(I also don't want to be that guy who tells you how to play.  Some lessons need to be learned not taught.  The burned hand teaches best and all.  Take a 200 HP character to Amarath and watch them die 10 times they become more open to advice.)
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2010 at 1:00am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:53am:
(I also don't want to be that guy who tells you how to play.  Some lessons need to be learned not taught.  The burned hand teaches best and all.  Take a 200 HP character to Amarath and watch them die 10 times they become more open to advice.)

i dun want to force my guild's officer styles on you but in CE this is what we do. when people ask about toon building, we insist on it being in guild channel and not in PM. this allows us to subtlely influnce the rest of the guildies. when guildies make weird builds, we have an officer who makes some, we are unafraid to ask and also they are unafraid to answer. more importantly, raids main roles are the best in terms of good toon building tips

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Oh I didn't know Sisster was in Helpers!  I've run into her in a lot of Shroud runs and I really like her alot.

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #19 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 1:03am:
i dun want to force my guild's officer styles on you but in CE this is what we do. when people ask about toon building, we insist on it being in guild channel and not in PM. this allows us to subtlely influnce the rest of the guildies. when guildies make weird builds, we have an officer who makes some, we are unafraid to ask and also they are unafraid to answer. more importantly, raids main roles are the best in terms of good toon building tips

Yes anyone who is in CE cannot use his toon until Aranticus approves of their character build.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:52am by Antir »  

IP Logged

Infidel
Stormreaver Piker

U can't stop me motherfucker
cuz I'm on a boat

Reply #20 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:51am:
Yes anyone who is in CE cannot use his toon until Aranticus approves of their character build.

antir will you please start sending me your builds before you make them so i can help you out.... after taht run today in ToD I think you need it!!!!   Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #21 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 4:44am
Print Post  
Try Sisster as your healer and you won't be disappointed.    If someone is being a problem let me know and I will address it.   

I've run with Sisster (and her alt Stillness) and have always had good experiences.
But in general I have to say that at this point in time accepting a Helper is a bit of a crap shoot.  You may get someone that's fun to run with.  You may get a tard.  Roll the dice....

Tell her Shinobi says hi Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2010 at 4:45am by Cale »  

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #22 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 5:19am
Print Post  
Infidel wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 3:15am:
antir will you please start sending me your builds before you make them so i can help you out.... after taht run today in ToD I think you need it!!!!   Smiley Smiley Smiley

I plan to gimp all my characters Wink

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #23 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 9:24am
Print Post  

Didn't know you were in Helper's Guild.  I've run with Sisster before.  She was a great healer, and really sweet person, too.  She's one of the few people on my friends list.

TBH, I haven't really noticed any bad behavior from anyone in Helper's Guild.  Apparently others have, but I'm not seeing it.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #24 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:51am:
Yes anyone who is in on Khyber cannot use his toon until Aranticus approves of their character build.

Fixed

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint