Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fuf - Add to your lists (Read 16549 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Fuf - Add to your lists
Reply #25 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh I didn't know Sisster was in Helpers!  I've run into her in a lot of Shroud runs and I really like her alot.

See now there's 2 you like...I'll get that 99.9% down yet.  It goes back to an old lesson I learned in Customer Service, you tell on average 7 people about a bad experience and 1 about a good.  We don't have a Vault of Khyber praise. (Even thin...kkkkii...ing aboooout  thaa....ttt makkk...es  /vomit)

Aranticus, thanks.  That's a good idea about using guild chat to indirectly influence others.  I have been working through forums posts on our Guild site and I wrote a shroud guide for our site where I layered it in awfully thick in between the lines. 

StupidForumName, I'll pass it along.  It may be a crap shoot in terms of player skill but I don't want anyone to have to be worried about griefing or poor sportsmanship as the OP described.  I will deal with those issues immediately.

Schmoe, thanks, I've kind of kept my in game identity under wraps because as my infraction points will tell you I can be a dick on the main boards and I'm much nicer guy in game.  I felt it was time to step out of the shadows at least here.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2010 at 9:51am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 9:48am:
See now there's 2 you like...I'll get that 99.9% down yet.  It goes back to an old lesson I learned in Customer Service, you tell on average 7 people about a bad experience and 1 about a good.  We don't have a Vault of Khyber praise. (Even thin...kkkkii...ing aboooout  thaa....ttt makkk...es  /vomit)

that is where you are wrong again. there is a vault of khyber rant forum true, there isnt a praise forum, true. however, there are chat channels in this game. you do not get into private chat channels unless you are really good or you raid alot with that particular group of people

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #27 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:33pm:
unless you are really good or you raid alot with that particular group of people

Um doesn't the OR completely defeat your argument.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:37pm by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 5:19am:
I gimp all my characters Wink

fixed

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #29 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 9:48am:
StupidForumName, I'll pass it along.  It may be a crap shoot in terms of player skill but I don't want anyone to have to be worried about griefing or poor sportsmanship as the OP described.  I will deal with those issues immediately.

Schmoe, thanks, I've kind of kept my in game identity under wraps because as my infraction points will tell you I can be a dick on the main boards and I'm much nicer guy in game.  I felt it was time to step out of the shadows at least here.

Thanks.  As for my identity, I do the same here.  I think it's more fun to lurk and occasionally chime in with a somewhat anonymous comment.

And please, call me Stupid.  Grin

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 18th, 2010 at 11:31pm:
Ink, as for Fuf there were guildies in that run and it was immediately brought to the attention of the officers.  He said, "The portal bugged out and would not let him through." 

Right.....

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 1:57pm:
Thanks.  As for my identity, I do the same here.  I think it's more fun to lurk and occasionally chime in with a somewhat anonymous comment.

And please, call me Stupid.  Grin

not stupid, lame.  T

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #32 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Right.....

Roll Eyes

Sounds thin to me too...but he's getting benefit of the doubt.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:21pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #33 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
Roll Eyes

Sounds thin to me too...but he's getting benefit of the doubt.

Has anyone ever heard of that happening before?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #34 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:53am:
Agreed, " some of the players", I do not want any one player tarnishing the guild in that manner.   I'm working to improve my guild and I will personally address situations of this nature.

However, I can deal with players who cause problems and behave in an anti-party manner.

You have a warforge in Helpers?

I have ran with maybe 20 Helpers and only saw 3 that were competent and about 8 that were just plan crap (didn't listen, get lost easily, didn't respond to questions asking who never did it, etc.)

The best thing to tell your membership is to be truthful about if they are new or haven't ran a quest. If they get kicked from a group, that means you shouldn't run with them anyways as they are asshats.

That said, until you are in an elite guild, you won't be invited into groups ran by the ePeen guilds. I find myself in the same situation by not being in a guild with all the cool kids.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #35 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:21pm:
Has anyone ever heard of that happening before?

I had issues where I selected it and had to hit the U to get it to work but that was typically when my client was about to crash (or early morning).

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #36 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 4:39pm:
You have a warforge in Helpers?

Nope, my only WF atm is my Warchanter who is in a holding pattern at level 4.

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 4:46pm:
Nope, my only WF atm is my Warchanter who is in a holding pattern at level 4. 

Is that a TR?  Were you in another guild before Helpers?  That name just sounds really familiar to me - and not just because of the bard prestige obv.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #38 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 18th, 2010 at 11:31pm:
Ink, as for Fuf there were guildies in that run and it was immediately brought to the attention of the officers.  He said, "The portal bugged out and would not let him through."  Now, it's the first time I have heard of that happening but we have to take his word on it.  We will keep and eye on it and address the issue if it happens again.  We do not condone this behavior and it is strictly against our code of conduct.  If you have anyone has issues with members of the guild, please tell me in game.

Ararick/Kravnor/Dresdyn
Senior Officer - The Helper's Guild

I don't think I could reasonably ask for anything more.  Thanks for looking into it.

For what it's worth, he sat in part 1 for a long time, then the only messages to the group were:

Fuf: g2g
Fuf: cya later
Fuf has left your party.

Edit: That was the full and total extent of his communication with the group for the entire run.  All of it happened after the rest of the group was in part 2.

Ink
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2010 at 5:52pm by Inkblack »  

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 12:36pm:
Um doesn't the OR completely defeat your argument.

not really, really good players do not need extended runs before we let them into CE raid channel. An average player can get in if they run with us regularly and does nothing too stupid

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #40 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Is that a TR?  Were you in another guild before Helpers?  That name just sounds really familiar to me - and not just because of the bard prestige obv.

My bards name is actually Virral Media, he is a warchanter. I was in Arcanum way back in the day before everyone in it quit the game and I subsequently left as well.  The only character I have from those days that isn't a bank is Kravnor.  What it might be is that Dresdyn and Ararick are both named based of characters in Jim Butcher novels.  Dresdyn from Harry Dresden of the Dresden Files and Ararick off Araris Valerian from Codex Alera.

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 6:38pm:
My bards name is actually Virral Media, he is a warchanter. I was in Arcanum way back in the day before everyone in it quit the game and I subsequently left as well.  The only character I have from those days that isn't a bank is Kravnor.  What it might be is that Dresdyn and Ararick are both named based of characters in Jim Butcher novels.  Dresdyn from Harry Dresden of the Dresden Files and Ararick off Araris Valerian from Codex Alera.

Ohhh right - I re-read what you said and now it's clear that it's A warchanter, not named Warchanter.  Oopsie!  Smiley

Hubs and I LOVELOVELOVE the Dresden Files!  I just finished book 9 (I think) and waiting for Amazon to deliver the next one to my doorstep!  Once I'm caught up to the present with those, I'll check out Codex Alera.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #42 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 6:18pm:
not really, really good players do not need extended runs before we let them into CE raid channel. An average player can get in if they run with us regularly and does nothing too stupid

I'm not going to argue the difference between being good and being liked.  That's semantics. 

I think you are missing my point.  I'm not arguing that we are an elite raiding guild ready for Epic because most aren't.  I'm not asking that you drag us along on CE ToDs or Epic Vons.  I'm not even asking if you invite us to your Shrouds.   You don't like noobs I get it if I hadn't taken a break I would likely feel the same way.  I fully support everyone's right to build their parties as they see fit.  All I ask is that if you exclude Helpers it's not because you think we are griefers or violate the rules of conduct that all players should follow.  Pass on us because you think we are noobs that's fine by me and we will likely both be happier in our separate corners.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #43 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ohhh right - I re-read what you said and now it's clear that it's A warchanter, not named Warchanter.  Oopsie!  Smiley

Hubs and I LOVELOVELOVE the Dresden Files!  I just finished book 9 (I think) and waiting for Amazon to deliver the next one to my doorstep!  Once I'm caught up to the present with those, I'll check out Codex Alera.

Me too... but that is fairly obvious I guess.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #44 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 5:39pm:
I don't think I could reasonably ask for anything more.  Thanks for looking into it.

For what it's worth, he sat in part 1 for a long time, then the only messages to the group were:

Fuf: g2g
Fuf: cya later
Fuf has left your party.

Edit: That was the full and total extent of his communication with the group for the entire run.  All of it happened after the rest of the group was in part 2.

Ink

Thanks Ink, I'll pass along that bit as well and we will likely have another conversation with Fuf.

Quote:

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 6:52pm:
I'm not going to argue the difference between being good and being liked.  That's semantics. 

I think you are missing my point.  I'm not arguing that we are an elite raiding guild ready for Epic because most aren't.  I'm not asking that you drag us along on CE ToDs or Epic Vons.  I'm not even asking if you invite us to your Shrouds.   You don't like noobs I get it if I hadn't taken a break I would likely feel the same way.  I fully support everyone's right to build their parties as they see fit.  All I ask is that if you exclude Helpers it's not because you think we are griefers or violate the rules of conduct that all players should follow.  Pass on us because you think we are noobs that's fine by me and we will likely both be happier in our separate corners.

you are missing my point as well. what i'm saying is a decent player can be recognised in other ways. private chat channels of certain guilds is a form of acknowledgement, a "real" friends list is also another. if you do not know what i mean, try getting in runs with prophets of the new republic or ER. as of this moment, the only guild that i have an outright ban in my runs is DnD epic warlords for excessive griefing and bad play. i'm not excluding helpers guild... yet

that said, in ddo forums, there are also efforts to highlight good players. strakeln had a "khyber top melee" thread. it soon became a flame fest when self important players get left out and they degrade the list by saying how its a popularity contest or how everyone one on the list is only half decent, etc

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=164629

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #46 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 10:54pm
Print Post  

Quote:

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #47 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 10:54pm:

A rant I cus

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Jezzik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 6:59am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 6:52pm:

I dont think he hates noobs or anything, was friendly and helpful to me when I was new on a run of his. Iirc the only comment he had for me being new was that I should have said something sooner so he could have been explaining better for me.

IP Logged

Talish
Korthos Resident

Riedran refugee

Reply #49 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Huh someone is saying Shug doesn't like new players? Hmmmmm.

Perhaps you should ask around a bit about Aranticus.

Eladiun you should create an unguilded alt and find out what the general population thinks of your guild especially since you wish to rebuild it and fix it up otherwise you will never really know. I had an alt that no  one knew about and I used her for info gathering and checking out new guild prospects but that was back when I was very very picky about memebership.

Vaulties will give you a fair opinion since they have nothing to loose here. Mind you their opinions will be highly colorful Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint