Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ToD (Read 1877 times)
flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

ToD
Jul 19th, 2010 at 7:24am
Print Post  
So after having run my first ToD Saturday, I have to ask; how does one avoid being tossed when fighting the Judge? I suppose even better; how does one avoid dying when being tossed when fighting the Judge?

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: ToD
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 8:09am
Print Post  
avoid being tossed? not really possible, that effect is a AOE effect centred around the bosses. if you are within radius, you get thrown up. as to not dying? reduce fire damage by using fire absorption ie fire shield spell, get out of lava asap, position yourself so you dun get thrown into spikes, remove curse pots if you are cursed, silver flame pots for immediate healing if u dying

IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 8:09am:
avoid being tossed? not really possible, that effect is a AOE effect centred around the bosses. if you are within radius, you get thrown up. as to not dying? reduce fire damage by using fire absorption ie fire shield spell, get out of lava asap, position yourself so you dun get thrown into spikes, remove curse pots if you are cursed, silver flame pots for immediate healing if u dying

I think it was the spikes that killed me, though I can't be sure. My main is a WF Paladin, so I had Resists on and I try to watch my health as much as possible and toss a LoH or US when I get into trouble. It actually happened twice. The first time I know I got tossed into lava.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 8:50am
Print Post  
flynnjsw wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 7:24am:
So after having run my first ToD Saturday, I have to ask; how does one avoid being tossed when fighting the Judge? I suppose even better; how does one avoid dying when being tossed when fighting the Judge?

If being tossed in the lava or spikes is killing you then the answer is your toon is gimp and needs to be rerolled. Grin

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 8:52am
Print Post  
TWDiggs wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 8:50am:

If being tossed in the lava or spikes is killing you then the answer is your toon is gimp and needs to be rerolled. Grin

Not that this is a huge defense, but my first ToD also happened to be on Elite.

That aside, he will be re-rolled as soon as all of my crafting is done and I TR him...lol

IP Logged

Slink
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 10:09am
Print Post  
flynnjsw wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 8:52am:
Not that this is a huge defense, but my first ToD also happened to be on Elite.

That aside, he will be re-rolled as soon as all of my crafting is done and I TR him...lol

Don't mind Twiggs, he is probably still scared of WW on elite, let alone tower elite.
Those spikes hurt bigtime on elite, as does the lava sting a bit more.
The best way I deal with it, if possible, is place yourself between the judge and the gate with the shrine, if he does throw you, it wont be far.
He moves around alot so dont worry too much about perfect placement all the time.
Before they increased the damage from the lava, we used to stay right next to the gate and he would almost never throw you, or very far at least.

Your first completion was on elite, don't use that as a measure for padding your completions count.
I would use that as a guage for your character however.
You will have better success as* your experience increases.

*edittypo!

« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2010 at 10:20am by »  

IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Quote:
Don't mind Twiggs, he is probably still scared of WW on elite, let alone tower elite.
Those spikes hurt bigtime on elite, as does the lava sting a bit more.
The best way I deal with it, if possible, is place yourself between the judge and the gate with the shrine, if he does throw you, it wont be far.
He moves around alot so dont worry too much about perfect placement all the time.
Before they increased the damage from the lava, we used to stay right next to the gate and he would almost never throw you, or very far at least.

Your first completion was on elite, don't use that as a measure for padding your completions count.
I would use that as a guage for your character however.
You will have better success and your experience increases.

Nah, I am not one to try to pat myself on the back just because I completed something. I am all too aware that a lot of it had to do with the group, not my uberz skills. I will have more HP the next time I actually do a ToD as I have my mats for a HP item.

I am just glad that it was only the 1 death.

IP Logged

Slink
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Also, the jailer will throw you as well.
The effect, telekenisis like a beholder but much stronger, happens with both bosses in part 1.
Once you've run tower a few times, you'll begin to have a better grasp on what to expect.
Just try to position yourself where you wont be thrown "as far" when it does happen.
There are alot of things in the room that will prevent you ending up on the other side of the map.
Use them.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2010 at 10:17am by »  

IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #8 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Quote:
Also, the jailer will throw you as well.
The effect, telekenisis like a beholder but much stronger, happens with both bosses in part 1.
Onve you've run tower a few times, you'll begin to have a better grasp on what to expect.
Just try to position yourself where you wont be thrown "as far" when it does happen.
There are alot of things in the room that will prevent you ending up on the other side of the map.
Use them.

Yeah, I didn't exactly take time to learn the layout of the room. I just followed everyone.

IP Logged

^_^
Dirty Sock

KNN's Bitch

Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
die

[] wrote on Jan 14th, 2016 at 2:59pm:
He seems to be performing at his optimal, though limited, level of intelligence.  It's Reilley that we need to be nice to.  That guys one more troll victimization away from putting his head in the oven.

Darth Anonymous wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:35pm:
We should deport all the SW fangirls over the age of 12 (except for grand he is special) and build a wall to keep them from coming back.

Darth Anonymous wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:55pm:
Will build it out of pussy. That is one thing those fanboys can never get a hold of.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint