Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Radiant Servent Bug (Read 11475 times)
woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Radiant Servent Bug
Jul 20th, 2010 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Was running Rainbow tonight on my lvl 18 cleric and noticied that my aura was only putting out about 4 hps per tic. I double checked that empower heal was on and that the timer still had 1:45 on the aura. Once I toggled empowered heal off then on it went back to normal for about minute. Seemed that after every minute(or sometimes shorter) the amount healed would go from 19-23 hps to 4 till I toggled the empower heal off then on.
Anyone else seen that issue or heard about it?

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Re: Radiant Servent Bug
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Seems to happen sometimes when you cast spells.

Best way to fix it is to just attack (or scroll punch or whatever) seems to reset it.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Haven't tried it, but I've heard that it is related to what is in your main hand.  If you have a scroll in your main hand, it is supposed to bug out.  File this under unconfirmed rumor.

Ink

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jul 21st, 2010 at 8:58am:
Haven't tried it, but I've heard that it is related to what is in your main hand.  If you have a scroll in your main hand, it is supposed to bug out.  File this under unconfirmed rumor.

Ink

That actually makes a little bit of sense. I had scroll in main and torch in the off hand. I will test it out when I log in tonight.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2010 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jul 21st, 2010 at 8:58am:

Ink

Nope I use my Greensteel weapon and my GPVI in off hand and still have this issue from time to time.

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Slink
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 8:24am
Print Post  
I think I have an answer for you.

Go see the cleric trainer and have them remove the enhancement.
I am tired of running into clerics with this enhancement in places like amrath.
It is creating a new breed of 'laziness' that I just cant stand.
It's like the way to play a cleric without actually, you know, 'playing' one.

I think I will begin screening clerics for this enhancement in the near future.
Oh, you say you have radiant servant?
/boot
/decline

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Sure, it's an enabler for bad clerics, but can you really say that it's a predictor for them too?  What else is a cleric going to take?

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #7 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Quote:
I think I have an answer for you.

Go see the cleric trainer and have them remove the enhancement.
I am tired of running into clerics with this enhancement in places like amrath.
It is creating a new breed of 'laziness' that I just cant stand.
It's like the way to play a cleric without actually, you know, 'playing' one.

I think I will begin screening clerics for this enhancement in the near future.
Oh, you say you have radiant servant?
/boot
/decline

Does this count for battleclerics?  The RS aura seems perfect for them. 

I've been planning to drag my old BC out of retirement and respec him, but haven't gotten around to it.

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #8 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 10:32am
Print Post  
As I said in another thread here; I will see how it is when they get the bugs they installed in it out of it. Depending on that I may or may not keep it.
Agreed that it is no sub for real healing but it does have its uses. Just as long as you're not trying to have it fill the role of a mass heal you should be good.

IP Logged

Slink
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 11:38am
Print Post  
These are the issues I have with the enhancement.

For it's cost, I (me, personally) can spend those points elsewhere.
Empowered healing feat is a waste.
350 base for heal is plenty, crit @ 650-1k=gravy.
Mass heal (mass heal, not mass cure) is also a joke of a spell.
I've seen too many instances in raid situation where the divines watch 2-5 party members go *splat* mid-cast.
Low health bars do not inspire your melee to go full-bore on raid bosses.
These reasons negate empowered healing feat.
But..but..I have quicken too!
Great now you've wasted 2 feats.
Put your points in concentration nOOb.

'Newer' players are seeing this enhancement line as a replacement for interaction.
Just yesterday, running genesis, I have a cleric RS join the group.
I was already in and clearing.
Rest of party gets in and this guy shows up with RS rolling.
0 buffs except DW when it was asked for.
He never used one shrine, start to finish.
Of course the caster is away from the rest of the party and looked to have about 50 hp left.
I mentioned that he might consider healing the caster before she died.
About 10 secs later he managed to throw a cure her direction.
I tell this guy he really should consider opening his wallet and letting some mana out.
I have never seen such stingey use of a terribly powerful class.
Stand next to the melee and shield block, that's all they do.
Worse part about all of it, is now I feel like I have promoted this poor playstyle by getting some jackass closer to flag.

This is only one example of the pleth'aura' of shitty players feeling they are making a contribution by simply being there.

This has been witnessed too many times from alot of different players to make me feel otherwise about it.
The good clerics I run with upon occasion that have tried the enhancement have mostly reverted to their previous setup for enhancements.

I'm glad they have too...
I would hate to decline them for a raid.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #10 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I've seen too many instances in raid situation where the divines watch 2-5 party members go *splat* mid-cast.
Low health bars do not inspire your melee to go full-bore on raid bosses.
These reasons negate empowered healing feat.
But..but..I have quicken too!
Great now you've wasted 2 feats.
Put your points in concentration nOOb.

'Newer' players are seeing this enhancement line as a replacement for interaction.
Just yesterday, running genesis, I have a cleric RS join the group.
I was already in and clearing.
Rest of party gets in and this guy shows up with RS rolling.
0 buffs except DW when it was asked for.
He never used one shrine, start to finish.
Of course the caster is away from the rest of the party and looked to have about 50 hp left.
I mentioned that he might consider healing the caster before she died.
About 10 secs later he managed to throw a cure her direction.
I tell this guy he really should consider opening his wallet and letting some mana out.
I have never seen such stingey use of a terribly powerful class.
Worse part about all of it, is now I feel like I have promoted this poor playstyle by getting some jackass closer to flag.

This is only one example of the pleth'aura' of shitty players feeling they are making a contribution by simply being there.

This has been witnessed too many times from alot of different players to make me feel otherwise about it.
The good clerics I run with upon occasion that have tried the enhancement have mostly reverted to their previous setup for enhancements.

I doubt that the expense of AP and feats to acquire radiant servant gimps any cleric build to the point of significant impact in any raid or epic, but the playstyle is definitely an issue. 

It's like a badge of honor with some clerics nowdays to say "I healed the whole quest/raid/whatever without using any mana!  I'm the shiz!"  What the fuck u saving than mana for, jackass?  Think you can put it under your pillow at night and the mana fairy will come along and give you plat for it? 

Most likely, that fairy is a glue sniffer.  "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

So, for your party's sake: for your daughter's sake, how about dropping a heal every now and then?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #11 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 26th, 2010 at 3:10pm:
It's like a badge of honor with some clerics nowdays to say "I healed the whole quest/raid/whatever without using any mana!  I'm the shiz!"  What the fuck u saving than mana for, jackass?  Think you can put it under your pillow at night and the mana fairy will come along and give you plat for it? 

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Shitty healers before the PrE = Shitty healers after the PrE now with a pretty glow.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #12 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I stopped reading there.  Jesus Christ, Slink... I haven't played in months and I still know these two statements are full of shit.

I wonder if this relates to my confusing Terast and Terisi.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Slink
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
read the second sentence again...

and jesus dont have nothin to do with it.

BTW, Thought I had read somewhere that any melee attack by the RS would break the aura?
Wouldnt that negate the benefits to a melee cleric?

Bottom line is, the PrE sucks ass.
I will not be forced into a healbot role.
What do I need empowered healing for?
Maximize is superior for my build.
Mass cure light hitting for a couple hundred and maximize is wayyyy better when it comes to offensive casting.
So, why would I take a feat that is only going to affect heal and mass heal?
Oh wait, maybe I should take it so I can have the new aura like all the other cool kids.
Not a chance in hell.

« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2010 at 7:43pm by »  

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #14 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
They fixed the RS bug that makes it shut off when you melee in the 5.1 patch. Now you can swing away and still get the heals

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Quote:
read the second sentence again...

and jesus dont have nothin to do with it.

BTW, Thought I had read somewhere that any melee attack by the RS would break the aura?
Wouldnt that negate the benefits to a melee cleric?

Bottom line is, the PrE sucks ass.
I will not be forced into a healbot role.
What do I need empowered healing for?
Maximize is superior for my build.
Mass cure light hitting for a couple hundred and maximize is wayyyy better when it comes to offensive casting.
So, why would I take a feat that is only going to affect heal and mass heal?
Oh wait, maybe I should take it so I can have the new aura like all the other cool kids.
Not a chance in hell.

on my clr i love it. it means i go more sp to lay more bb down

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #16 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 8:14am
Print Post  
I agree with aranticus. I find a the aura useful particularly for topping off and quests where shrines are sparse.

I find myself agreeing with Slink's idea about how it has made some clerics lazy, but I'd argue that they probably weren't that good to begin with.

It would be a shame to be declined from a raid simply because I decided to use my PrE

Also, Slink's comment about mass heals - totally agree - had some idiot cleric in shroud mocking me for having 200 less SP than him, yet he sat there casting mass heals in part 4 and the only reason no one died during his casting is I made sure to sync with his animation to ensure between I was topping everyone up with my mass cure mods (150-250 ish) a pop.   I've learnt that mass heal is the lazy option Smiley

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

yajerman
Waterworks Kobold

Your Momma is Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jul 28th, 2010 at 4:35am:
on my clr i love it. it means i go more sp to lay more bb down

I am gong to agree with this. The clerics in our group use it during melee, kind of a filler of sorts, while the intermittently lay down BB or another offensive spell. If something hits hard then they cast a real cure spell. Aside that, if your neurotic and need to have your red bar topped off, then turn around run through the aura and go back to what your doing.

Its not a waste, just a style preference, and not necessarily a lazy style preference; however, I see where your coming from SLink and have seen Clerics use it in how you describe, but to call a bad apple the barrell is a slippery slope at best.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #18 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 7:18pm
Print Post  

So far as I know, the only change to mass heal since I left was that it will now hit 12 targets instead of just 6... is that correct?  Oh, and they made the spell impact clickies last a lot longer, so they're actually viable for high level spells.

Assuming that is correct, I'll have to suggest to you anti-mass-heal people that, like many things in this game, one must learn how to use it properly in order to reap the full benefit.  I got great use out of mass heal back when it was 6 targets with no way to increase its effectiveness. 

It is particularly effective in situations where healing is needed on a near-constant basis (i.e. Shroud part 4)... hence my concern at what I've been reading here.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #19 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
I can really see where the mass heal tatic would work and prevail as the defacto healing method in the shroud, but I think it is really limited by the group itself and is thus restricted to guild or friend runs. When pugging you dont know if everyone is specced out, geared up, or built correctly until they get to harry. Add to that that using the mass heal tatic prolly requires some sort of timing with healer #2(if you have one). I think for most pugs I will stick to the spam mcmw and mclw as a constant flow of healing tends to keep people up better in a pug. I have not yet tried it so what I am saying is prolly all false but I have yet to find a shroud group that will allow me to experiment on them to get a real idea of how it works out.Smiley

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
the problem with recent healers going mass heals is they ONLY use mass heals. this means for low hp toons, they are not going to get healed until they are dangerously low. most seasoned vets will chuck a mass heal, followed by a mass cure to avoid such problems. also in many instances, mass heals are used with quicken which many healers these days DO NOT take

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #21 - Jul 28th, 2010 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jul 28th, 2010 at 9:59pm:
the problem with recent healers going mass heals is they ONLY use mass heals. this means for low hp toons, they are not going to get healed until they are dangerously low. most seasoned vets will chuck a mass heal, followed by a mass cure to avoid such problems. also in many instances, mass heals are used with quicken which many healers these days DO NOT take

Had that happen on my bard. Was swinging away at harry then I took a metor to the face and went incap.Then died. After a lenghty time of wondering why everyones hp was getting really low. Then 4 other melees joined me in the afterlife shortly after I died. Then 2 more. Turns out both our healers were using mass heal prolly no quicken and no filler. I think they were both casting it at the same time too.  Grin
We gave them some new instruction and had no issue with part 5. DPS was good the healers just did'nt know what they were doing.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #22 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Quote:

blah blah blah...

Back in my day we didn't have all those fancy metal swords... we used rocks and sticks and earned our kills with our bear hands... oh the days of a 3 hour fight to win....

You can say the same thing about Greensteel - and requiring tanks to have over 400 HPs. Those are also the easy button?

I don't have a problem with the aura - it is an augment where If I am low, I run next to the cleric on the way to the next set of monsters.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #23 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Timing mishaps with two divines in Shroud parts 4 and 5 happen.  To avoid this, I'll just keep a partial eye on what the other healing party is doing.  They throw mass heals, I throw mass cures... or vice versa.

Totally agree with the concept that mass heal isn't the only thing that one should be using in the shroud.  You get good milage out of Amrath items like Tokala's belt coupled with mass cures.  Not much mana use, and no long animations to deal with if you need to toss a spot heal.  Mass heal is very useful though situationally I would say.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #24 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 2:50am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Jul 28th, 2010 at 9:59pm:
mass heals are used with quicken which many healers these days DO NOT take

That's the crux of the problem without quicken mass heal takes a week cast.  Any lag at all and your screwed.  Healing has been much better and more consistent since U5 though. I hate the TWF changes but I haven't seen a lag fail Shroud since the update.  Actually being able to see bars move at a normal rate rather than jump around makes a huge difference.  The other night we had a Cleric DC and the FvS and Bard carried us through 4 and 5 with no issue and just 2 pots.  Being able to heal rather than spam heals is a huge improvement.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2010 at 2:54am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint