Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The ever popular leave after part 4 of the shroud: (Read 4496 times)
Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

The ever popular leave after part 4 of the shroud:
Aug 4th, 2010 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Guild is Dragonblood, player is Longrang (TR'ed monk).  He's an officer in the guild.

When he joins he starts talking about how we better be decent since he's been stuck in groups that can't complete part 2.  No biggie, we downplay it and say we suck, etc.  Cruise through the first four parts, then we get this as we zone into part 5:

Wasn't really a big deal, we still beat Harry with plenty to spare.  Just rubbed me the wrong way.  So here it is for all to see.
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2010 at 11:30pm by Inkblack »  

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Re: The ever popular leave after part 4 of the shroud:
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Yes this is why i stay away from Dragonblood. They are were a noob guild after the server-merge with an attitude is still the same.

Some of them are actually ok, there are two or three who are complete asshats.

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 7:12am
Print Post  
What is it with guilds with "Dragon" in their name?   Huh
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2010 at 7:12am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Jezzik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 5th, 2010 at 7:12am:

Its a mystery to all

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 8:42am
Print Post  
There are a couple of them I know and like from my Disposable Heroes days.  I sent one of them a tell to let them know what was up but never got an answer.  So I let it go.

I know our guy (Freeezer) could have been a little more diplomatic, but dropping group before we even pulled Harry was a bit over the top.

IP Logged

Dythan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 8:52am
Print Post  
oo, I was in the shroud run before this one, where he bailed after we wiped on part 2.  someone jumped the gun and pulled all 4 to the NE, and we couldn;t seem to get the m split apart.  He bailed first, about 10 min before the leader called the raid.

Dythan
Khyber
Epik Poo

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Aug 5th, 2010 at 8:42am:
There are a couple of them I know and like from my Disposable Heroes days.  I sent one of them a tell to let them know what was up but never got an answer.  So I let it go.

I know our guy (Freeezer) could have been a little more diplomatic, but dropping group before we even pulled Harry was a bit over the top.

You are correct, the better more diplomatic response would have been, "No you will not leave at 50% you worthless piece of shit.  You suck and we've been carrying your gimp ass through the first 4 parts and will carry through all 5.  Take it like the bitch-assed punk you are.   T

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
There are a couple Dragonblood guys that I like but I have noticed that most are tards.

IP Logged

StoneOnPoint
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 15th, 2010 at 11:03am
Print Post  

Agreed.The guilds with dragon or dungeons in their name ( not necessarily in that order Cheesy) are generally fucking horrible.

IP Logged

Sisster
Waterworks Kobold

Like Ya!!

Reply #9 - Aug 15th, 2010 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
I was actually in dragonblood for a couple of months. I had a really hard time in the guild because of an officer that couldn't group with female players at all... And, this officer ran like all the freekin guild raids. So, it allways left me stuck as a chuck. There is a few guys in that guild that are nice guys like Derlon, Furby, and Vik...lol But they are a bunch of guys in there that are just elitiest jerks. So happy I moved on.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #10 - Aug 15th, 2010 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Sisster wrote on Aug 15th, 2010 at 4:25pm:
I was actually in dragonblood for a couple of months. I had a really hard time in the guild because of an officer that couldn't group with female players at all...

His wife sounds like a real peach.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #11 - Aug 15th, 2010 at 11:25pm
Print Post  

But I have a guild with dragon in the name...
  Huh
Tongue
Undecided
Okay, I agree.

IP Logged

Slink
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 7:53am
Print Post  
lol

Saw this coming a mile away.
Thnx for the giggles OP

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #13 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 11:08am
Print Post  
I remember one fella, I joined his shroud, we ran all the way to end of part four and HE recalled out leaving the rest of us to go on to part five. Yes, he left his OWN SHROUD. Was also the only arcane caster in the group.

When I asked him what was the deal was... he said in a tell - well that's as far as he was going, so no point for him to go into five if he's not finishing as far as he was concerned he could be do something else...
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2010 at 11:13am by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Aug 15th, 2010 at 11:25pm:
But I have a guild with dragon in the name...
  Huh
Tongue
Undecided
Okay, I agree.

me too Cheesy

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Tickdoff Tank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 4:50am
Print Post  
I am in the Dragon Order of Arcanix, and I dearly hope we do not fall into that grouping of crappy guilds with "Dragon" in their name.  Of course we have a few douche bags in our guild (most guilds do) but I think the majority of our high profile players do not fall into that category.

If anyone here knows of a DoA member that is displaying asshattery or some other form of douchbaggery please let me know and I will see what I can do about it.  But I am only an officer and the guild leader does things her own way, much to my annoyance

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #16 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 5:07am
Print Post  
I always finish the last boss fight in shroud, even though I only complete maybe once a week. In 3 months, only once have I ever been burned by someone hitting the altar before the non-finishers could teleport out.

And to be fair I am positive it was mostly because Harry was being a dick that day and refused to get off the freaking altar for the entire fight, even when the entire melee group pulled back, so I am honestly not too suprised that somone clicked the altar by mistake as he died.

Bailing out on the raid before the last fight just because you already have what you came for is just a piss-poor attitude, and showing no regard for the other players that helped you score your loot up to that point.

I can guarantee that would only happen to me once, and this person would never run another shroud or any other group with me in it ever again.

Kit
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2010 at 5:09am by kitsune_ko »  

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

deathtouch
Waterworks Kobold

Lay back and think of
England.

Reply #17 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Holy Crap I was in a run last night with someone from Dragonblood, it was late like 6.00am PST, and he had an LFM up for new Invasion, so the party fills we go we do quiet well.  Then wipe at the end boss as they did not time the fall into the pit that well.

We call recall, ask the leader hey you recalling or what, he says later, and quits... we kick him and complete.  Sends him a tell today, he says and I quote "Had to go and watch F1"...

Another name on the Dbag list.

Did you betry us? Did you betry ME? - Kerr Avon.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #18 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 6:26am
Print Post  
Seen a lot of asshat moves in the last couple months in the Shroud.  I've given up on trying to identify most of the altar crafters and 'afk' in part one and three people.  I just move on.

I keep hoping that our guild will grow in size to the point that three or 5 manning raids is not necessary.  But only for certian raids, like Shroud.  Til then I just keep on puggin'...  I've got too many toons now to try and get greensteel on.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 7:28am
Print Post  
Tickdoff Tank wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 4:50am:
I am in the Dragon Order of Arcanix, and I dearly hope we do not fall into that grouping of crappy guilds with "Dragon" in their name.  Of course we have a few douche bags in our guild (most guilds do) but I think the majority of our high profile players do not fall into that category.

If anyone here knows of a DoA member that is displaying asshattery or some other form of douchbaggery please let me know and I will see what I can do about it.  But I am only an officer and the guild leader does things her own way, much to my annoyance

DOoA doesnt have much douchbaggery or asshattery but incompetency ranks high in my opinion of many of your guildies

IP Logged

Tickdoff Tank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Names?  I do not actually disagree, but am curious as to who you consider the most worthless.  Part of the problem is that we have too many people and no one really attempts to control anything.

Before my deployment to Iraq I was trying to run some all guild raids and such, you know--trying to be all officer-y and shit.  Lead by example and such.  But that failed when I had to leave, and actually a little before then.

I hope I am not on anyones "moron" list.  I like to think I am not, but you never know.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 9:32am
Print Post  
cant remember off hand. if you read the shaamis thread here, i actually called out on shaamis that DOoA need weeding. the situation improved quite a little until shaamis got drunk and packed up

IP Logged

Haizi
Waterworks Kobold

Laugh at yourself, we
laugh at you all the
time

Reply #22 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 11:18pm
Print Post  

Well the dragon Order of Arcanix was around since the begining of ddo, cant remember which one but its off of a book as well,

As to the problem, I do know a member or two that will tell people to leave and 25% life of harry because he has had ass holes that have hit alters, but to leave when it was said that no one is going to hit it, where there any dumbasses who decided not to listen at all  or do stupid shit and get mad about it?

Cause if none of that is happening then you have no problems as to ddooring out, but if there are some people in party like that it could be best to have members leave with 25% left.

Girls, its called a blowjob because it is your job.  Please do not be irresponsible and show up for work.
If everyone in the world took a minute to smoke a joint, we would have at least 2 hours of world peace followed by a world wide food shortage
IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #23 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
Back on topic.

I too hate the people that loot/craft/pike their way through parts 1-4, then peace out.

How about the opposite end of the spectrum, though?  I've had speed runs that are so devoted to the speed of completion, they require you to /death yourself out when Harry's at ~20%.  Of course, this isn't mentioned until you're about to enter part 5.  If you don't do just that, they insta-complete, you're on timer.

Good to know that someone deems 11 other people's repair bills for /death-ing in quest to be worth less than 10 seconds of their time.

I think there's two extremes to the Shroud, and both suck.

Note : I'm not against "speed runs".  But 25 minutes and 25 minutes 10 seconds is no big difference, for example.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #24 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Haizi wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 11:18pm:
Well the dragon Order of Arcanix was around since the begining of ddo, cant remember which one but its off of a book as well,

As to the problem, I do know a member or two that will tell people to leave and 25% life of harry because he has had ass holes that have hit alters, but to leave when it was said that no one is going to hit it, where there any dumbasses who decided not to listen at all  or do stupid shit and get mad about it?

Cause if none of that is happening then you have no problems as to ddooring out, but if there are some people in party like that it could be best to have members leave with 25% left.

There are problems with people being tards anyway and not listening to the instructions of "don't touch the alter until everyone has a chance to get out."

Pricks like that fuck things up for a lot of people wanting to farm Shroud.

It is easiear and quicker...at least on Thelanis...to get a completion group and allow everyone a chance to get out then it is to form a 1-4 group, but people will still hit the alter without giving the chance to get out.  I'll form completion runs, help with 5, toss a Ddoor and then tele myself out.  Between tossing the Ddoor and teleporting, I worry a little that someone isn't going to pay attention to the instructions.

Haven't had much problem with it though but others have.

By the way...there is this one fighter type on Thelanis...Blakeseven...doesn't listen or read shit.  He has voice enabled but either doesn't understand and I'm sure I detected accent there or doesn't care.

Won't let him into my groups any more because of him not listening.  Hell...I gotta post this in another thread.  Had kind of forgotten about this.

Kinda nice being able to just name names and not have to fuck with a PM. 
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2010 at 11:45pm by Fuck Off »  

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint