Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) What is the worst build you have ever seen? (Read 17508 times)
Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Re: What is the worst build you have ever seen?
Reply #50 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Saw something along the lines of...

8 Wiz, 1 Sorc, 3 Monk

Can't remember exactly how many Wizard levels, but I didn't even bother to ask him what he was doing.

Any hidden synergies here that I'm missing Cheesy

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #51 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Sep 26th, 2010 at 2:28pm:
Saw something along the lines of...

8 Wiz, 1 Sorc, 3 Monk

Can't remember exactly how many Wizard levels, but I didn't even bother to ask him what he was doing.

Any hidden synergies here that I'm missing Cheesy

8 idiot.  I noticed you forgot to mention the last 8 levels.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 12:46am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #53 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 1:03am
Print Post  
(Advice): [<Player:IIDString:0x021400000003CC53:Adib>Adib<\Player>] I went for rog 7/ftr 6/ wiz 7 on my warforged and he's going gangbusters - will have kensai / thief acrobat

Saw this today had to share

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #54 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 4:59am
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Sep 27th, 2010 at 1:03am:
(Advice): [<Player:IIDString:0x021400000003CC53:Adib>Adib<\Player>] I went for rog 7/ftr 6/ wiz 7 on my warforged and he's going gangbusters - will have kensai / thief acrobat

Saw this today had to share

Uber build.  He can haste, disable traps, open locks..... well that about covers it really.  Hit stuff to.. maybe....

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #55 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 9:55am
Print Post  
You guys are so clueless.  He obviously got Wiz 7 for firewall, which is all he needs.  I mean firewall, Kensai 1, 4d6 SA and trap skills... I think I'll quit DDO now, the game has been won.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Dr Strange
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
I saw a Pal3/Rog1/Sor2 once, while trying to get a group for Deleras on an alt. I didn't ask, and it's one of the rare times I didn't accept a player on a first-come basis.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Dr Strange wrote on Oct 2nd, 2010 at 6:03pm:
I saw a Pal3/Rog1/Sor2 once, while trying to get a group for Deleras on an alt. I didn't ask, and it's one of the rare times I didn't accept a player on a first-come basis. 

That could be a Tukaw build in progress, but more than 2 Pali is probably a bad idea for that build.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #58 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Honestly, I don't bat an eyelash at any build at level 10 or less.  In quests at that level, pretty much any group of random schmucks could sleepwalk to completion waving their pinky-fingers at the monsters and singing "hey-ninnie-ninnie".

-Waters

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #59 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Oct 5th, 2010 at 1:26pm:
Honestly, I don't bat an eyelash at any build at level 10 or less.  In quests at that level, pretty much any group of random schmucks could sleepwalk to completion waving their pinky-fingers at the monsters and singing "hey-ninnie-ninnie".

True.

I remember getting a lot of strange looks when I was leveling up my 13/6/1 rog/rgr/mnk.  Might have been weird at the time, but that changed.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #60 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 3:13am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 at 12:28am:
True.

I remember getting a lot of strange looks when I was leveling up my 13/6/1 rog/rgr/mnk.  Might have been weird at the time, but that changed.

I actually prefer that with 6 Pally instead of Ranger.
You lose a couple of feats by not getting TWF and ITWF for free, but you get way more mileage out of the Smtes/ExSmites/DivSac/LoH/DivGrace/DivMight than what Ranger gives you. 

Tempest used to be better.  Now Pally is better IMO.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2010 at 3:14am by Cale »  

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #61 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 at 12:28am:
True.

Cale wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 at 3:13am:
I actually prefer that with 6 Pally instead of Ranger.
You lose a couple of feats by not getting TWF and ITWF for free, but you get way more mileage out of the Smtes/ExSmites/DivSac/LoH/DivGrace/DivMight than what Ranger gives you. 

You guys both have very good points.  You can't judge someone's build until you've seen it in action.  We should all remember to be humble and reserve judgment because you may be in the presence of genius. Smiley

However, as someone with extensive first-hand experience with being a GIMP and running quests exclusively with a bunch of GIMPs, I can definitively say that my statement holds true with even the most retarded of builds.  Cheesy

-Waters

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #62 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 at 3:13am:

You may be right.  Remember that this character was last played months before the whole TWF overhaul.  There's a thread around here somewhere where I solicit ideas on how to rebuild him.

That said, for the style that my build is, I'm not sure if pally would do it.  I suspect fighter or even dropping rgr in favor of monk levels might be better (for what I'm aiming at).  That said, it's easy to discard ranger due to the Tempest nerf (that reportedly still hasn't actually occurred, mind you) until you remember that it gives you a lot more than just 10% alacrity.  In addition to the free TWF feats, there's the (awww shit what's it called?  That spell that gives them more strength), manyshot (which scales with level, mind you), bow str, diehard, and enough of a jump spell to save skill points.  And a runspeed boost.  And a few other things that I can't remember right now.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #63 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 at 7:29pm:
You may be right.  Remember that this character was last played months before the whole TWF overhaul.  There's a thread around here somewhere where I solicit ideas on how to rebuild him.

That said, for the style that my build is, I'm not sure if pally would do it.  I suspect fighter or even dropping rgr in favor of monk levels might be better (for what I'm aiming at).  That said, it's easy to discard ranger due to the Tempest nerf (that reportedly still hasn't actually occurred, mind you) until you remember that it gives you a lot more than just 10% alacrity.  In addition to the free TWF feats, there's the (awww shit what's it called?  That spell that gives them more strength), manyshot (which scales with level, mind you), bow str, diehard, and enough of a jump spell to save skill points.  And a runspeed boost.  And a few other things that I can't remember right now.

Rams might and two FE which is pretty nice up front DPS per swing.

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #64 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 at 7:29pm:

How often do/did you actually pull out the bow?  Manyshot doesn't help unless you actually use it.  Bow Strength, same thing.
Diehard?  Meh.
Speed Boost?  Striders work for me.
Jump Spell?  Drink a pot or use a clicky, it's the same thing.

Ram's Might adds +2 Str and +2 size bonus to damage which makes for +3 damage.  6 Pally gives a +2 for divine Favor. Admittedly it's duration is shorter, but still.

Favored Enemy adds bonus damage to certain mobs.  KotC1 makes upo that difference against EOs, and even when it doesn't apply Divine Might adds +2 damage to everything.  So the difference there is specialization vs. versatility.

Now when you add in all the other goodies, such as Smites, Divine Grace, 2 Toughness enhancements, etc, is when Pally starts to pull ahead IMO.

Now add in Divine Sacrifice, which even with a practically non-existent SP pool is basically unlimited as long as you have a few tiny itty bitty SP pots from the fucking Harbor, and Pally pulls firmly into the lead.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2010 at 8:12pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #65 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 at 8:05pm:
Now add in Divine Sacrifice, which even with a practically non-existent SP pool is basically unlimited as long as you have a few tiny itty bitty SP pots from the fucking Harbor, and Pally pulls firmly into the lead.
Yes. My 13/6/1 rog rng mnk will go 6 paladin when I TR her. Tempest I will no be longer worth the feat costs after Update 7. Tempest II is though, but that means 12 levels of ranger of course. Tempest III is weak as well.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #66 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
The only difference, as was stated, is the skill points.
But even that isn't that bad.
Going from 6 points per level down to 2 seems like it would hurt, but as it's only for 6 levels it isn't as bad as it seems.
When all is said and done, it's only a loss of 24 skill points, which basically amounts to starting your Int 2 points lower.
Not a huge loss on a rogue based build.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2010 at 9:07pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #67 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 at 8:05pm:
How often do/did you actually pull out the bow?  Manyshot doesn't help unless you actually use it.  Bow Strength, same thing.
Diehard?  Meh.
Speed Boost?  Striders work for me.
Jump Spell?  Drink a pot or use a clicky, it's the same thing.

Ram's Might adds +2 Str and +2 size bonus to damage which makes for +3 damage.  6 Pally gives a +2 for divine Favor. Admittedly it's duration is shorter, but still.

Favored Enemy adds bonus damage to certain mobs.  KotC1 makes upo that difference against EOs, and even when it doesn't apply Divine Might adds +2 damage to everything.  So the difference there is specialization vs. versatility.

Now when you add in all the other goodies, such as Smites, Divine Grace, 2 Toughness enhancements, etc, is when Pally starts to pull ahead IMO.

It's all about what you're aiming for.  Additional short-duration spells and clickies don't always work well with a build that uses CE (especially one that is already fairly involved with clicking things). 

As for the bow, yeah, I actually found myself using it a fair amount.  For example, back when only 1 person per ToD had boots, a nice bow with the right arrows and juuuust the right distance (sneak attack + manyshot... mmmmmm tasty) from Horoluth would really help speed things along. 

Your focus appears to be centered strongly on DPS, and that's obviously a great way to go in group-focused DDO.  I take a lot of satisfaction out of soloing or short-manning raids or "impossible to XX" quests, so going for 95% DPS instead of 100% can be a fair trade for alternative advantages (AC, ranged, speed, whatever).  And a toon with 95% of its DPS potential will still greatly contribute to a party.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #68 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Oct 7th, 2010 at 12:05am:
It's all about what you're aiming for.  Additional short-duration spells and clickies don't always work well with a build that uses CE (especially one that is already fairly involved with clicking things). 

As for the bow, yeah, I actually found myself using it a fair amount.  For example, back when only 1 person per ToD had boots, a nice bow with the right arrows and juuuust the right distance (sneak attack + manyshot... mmmmmm tasty) from Horoluth would really help speed things along. 

Your focus appears to be centered strongly on DPS, and that's obviously a great way to go in group-focused DDO.  I take a lot of satisfaction out of soloing or short-manning raids or "impossible to XX" quests, so going for 95% DPS instead of 100% can be a fair trade for alternative advantages (AC, ranged, speed, whatever).  And a toon with 95% of its DPS potential will still greatly contribute to a party.

No argument here.
If you plan on doing much solo'ing, Ranger is definitely the way to go.  But I tend to solo more on my casters than my melees.  Although I have to admit, solo'ing ETK with my rogue/monk last week was fun.  Expensive as hell, but lots of fun.  I had 2, count 'em.... 2 Heal scrolls left when I was done.  It was CLOSE, which is why it was so much fun!   Grin

IP Logged

Bacab
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 4:15am
Print Post  
It's all about what your playstyle is.

If you like to play a sneaky/mobile toon...

I think the 6 levels of Ranger is nice.

If you like more DPS...the PLD is nice.

I have been thinking about making a 13ROG/7BARB or 13ROG/6BARB/1FTR for a while...

But I think I may with 13ROG/6RNG/1MNK.  I like the Manyshot for certain things.  Though I am not sure if the 3 feats for Tempest is worth it anymore.

The Manyshot+Sneak Attack...sounds stupidly strong.

I gotta admit another build I have been thinking about is...

12Barb/6RNG/2ROG

I was thinking you could just skip Tempest pre-reqs and have more feats...iono though.

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #70 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Bacab wrote on Oct 7th, 2010 at 4:15am:
I was thinking you could just skip Tempest pre-reqs and have more feats...iono though.

Yes, nothing wrong with 6 levels of ranger. TWF-feats and bow feats baked in, Ram's Might, Jump, Manyshot, wands when levelling, some skill points, Speed Boost and two Favored Enemies. It's just Tempest I that has lost it's bang for the buck. Thinking of replacing Tempest I with CE, Quickdraw and an extra Toughness on my halfling Dragonmarked Monster-build.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2010 at 12:14pm by Razcar »  

IP Logged

Bacab
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 3:49am
Print Post  
Razcar wrote on Oct 7th, 2010 at 12:14pm:
Yes, nothing wrong with 6 levels of ranger. TWF-feats and bow feats baked in, Ram's Might, Jump, Manyshot, wands when levelling, some skill points, Speed Boost and two Favored Enemies. It's just Tempest I that has lost it's bang for the buck. Thinking of replacing Tempest I with CE, Quickdraw and an extra Toughness on my halfling Dragonmarked Monster-build.

or maybe even...

Empowered Heal (since its a Halfling Dragonmark build) over Quickdraw
Maximize over CE or Extra Toughness?

« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2010 at 3:49am by Bacab »  

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #72 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Bacab wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 3:49am:
or maybe even...

Empowered Heal (since its a Halfling Dragonmark build) over Quickdraw
Maximize over CE or Extra Toughness?

Unfortunately you need to get a cure-spell before you can take Empower Healing Spell, and rangers get CLW first at level 8. (Paladins on the other hand gets CLW at level 4 and unlocks that feat then.) Maximize he already has.

IP Logged

Bacab
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 5:37am
Print Post  
Razcar wrote on Oct 10th, 2010 at 7:45pm:
Unfortunately you need to get a cure-spell before you can take Empower Healing Spell, and rangers get CLW first at level 8. (Paladins on the other hand gets CLW at level 4 and unlocks that feat then.) Maximize he already has.

Oh crud...never knew this...

I messed around with a Halfling Cleric back in the day...never knew you needed a "native" cure spell.

Never tried it on a different toon.

IP Logged

Jezzik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
I dont get why some of you put low lvl players as the worst build you've ever seen...a lvl 6 running around with three classes splashed together with no forethought at all isnt a build, thats a player who is still probably figuring out how to move around and use the damn UI. Its their chat avatar, their bankmule, they just dont know it yet.

Although I suppose it can be hard to NOT laugh at them if they are bragging matter-of-factly about how awesome they are

Imo the worst builds I have seen are Tukaw builds/adaptations made by people who dont have the gear to support it, and often dont even know how its supposed to be played or why its built the way it is...those make me a bit sad. What should be a god of war running through the dungeon making trains to die to their ds's is instead pounding away on single mobs with an inferior weapon and getting smacked around like a bitch, I've even seen ones that DONT SELF HEAL WTF

I dont know if that counts as a bad build tho since the build itself is great for what its meant to do if properly geared and played

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint