Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 215 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Top 5 players you would never run with. (Read 929705 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Top 5 players you would never run with.
Reply #1875 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 11:56am:
is that why he seemed to have a chip on his shoulder in terms of taking it out on the newbs?

I don't have a a huge problem with crazy and I run with him pretty often.  I respect his ability, and I think it's impossible to deny that overall, he is a skilled player AND leader. 

I do get kind of annoyed with him in that he always seems so god damn impatient, and I think that's what pisses people off about him most.  Everything he does needs to be his way and it needs to be immediate, and if you don't agree, then cya.  And his way, is not always the best IMO.  He seems to think that "efficiency" means the absolute fastest method possible (without accounting for chance of failure.) 

Now if you want to talk about the worshipers he lets in his guild, I have a huge problem with many of them.  Most of them are not nearly as good as he is, but try to act like him anyway, and fail miserably.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #1876 - Jul 29th, 2011 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Kothar11 wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 7:36pm:
actually from khyber played on orien a bit and came back to khyber

you missed the filth?  Grin

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #1877 - Jul 30th, 2011 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Kothar11 wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 3:35pm:
Khyber lol

Then your comment will be accepted Smiley

IP Logged

Kothar11
Korthos Resident

It's Just a Fuckin Game!

Reply #1878 - Jul 30th, 2011 at 2:15am
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 8:18pm:
you missed the filth?  Grin

yep i like a layer of filth on my computer when i log out of ddo.

It's Just a GAME!

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #1879 - Jul 30th, 2011 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 7:46pm:
He also spent a summer backpacking in Europe.

and experimented with his sexuality

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #1880 - Jul 30th, 2011 at 9:11am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 7:49pm:
impossible to deny that overall, he is a skilled player AND leader. 

Denied.

See not impossible.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #1881 - Jul 30th, 2011 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 30th, 2011 at 9:11am:
Denied.

See not impossible.

THIS!

IP Logged

Mister_Peace
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #1882 - Jul 31st, 2011 at 1:38am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 7:46pm:
He also spent a summer backpacking in Europe.

I thought this was a quote from something, but Google seems
to think many people actually do this :€

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #1883 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 12:42am:
Actually, there was a poll before and that was the majority result.

This is why I love the Vault, it's like no other forum.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #1884 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 12:53am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 10:56am:
I became a bitter, elitist vet at that moment.

for the first time the other day I had someone complain to me that I was being an impatient zerger. It felt weird.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #1885 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 3:57am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Aug 1st, 2011 at 12:53am:
for the first time the other day I had someone complain to me that I was being an impatient zerger. It felt weird.

Weird, but right.  Congratulations on your first to step gaming superiority.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #1886 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 10:21am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Aug 1st, 2011 at 12:53am:

LOL. I was running my mid lvl fighter through quests this weekend and was kinda surprised that no one got on to me about what I was doing. I'd be killing everything then stop and go "Wheres the rest of the party?".  Grin

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #1887 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Sisster wrote on Jul 28th, 2011 at 11:22pm:
The guys name is Todesseele, the guild is Blackout. If you are on one of his runs he doesn't let ppl roll on items if they are not in his guild. And, he can be mean about it too.

You do know that is  Daemonshade/Tuokcalb/Blackout - who happens to be the guild leader of Blackout. To me it always seemed a tad egotistical naming a guild after your character.  Smiley

Lillette/Ebbi 's husband.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2011 at 9:06pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

blackout
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #1888 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Okay so tell me this if your in a 9 out 12 guild run and you pull something and your guildy wants it wants it and the pug guy wants it are you going to give it for roll or just give it to pug me i will give it to pug that is how all guilds work.

IP Logged

ddoplayer064
Dragon Raider

GFY

Reply #1889 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 4:36am
Print Post  
blackout wrote on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 4:27am:
Okay so tell me this if your in a 9 out 12 guild run and you pull something and your guildy wants it wants it and the pug guy wants it are you going to give it for roll or just give it to pug me i will give it to pug that is how all guilds work.

I think I understood that in spite of grammar school level writing...In any case, personally, and this is not my guilds policy, if something dropped under my name, I would put it for open roll for those classes that could use said item immediately. Not on some future TR, now.

As an aside, I have ran with a couple members of your guild in the past week a few times in various quests, and I have to say, not impressed. One FvS in particular took exceptional offense when asked to rez a party member, lying about it (he stated that he was "out of spell points" when everyone could see he had around 75% of his blue bar left). If he didn't want to do the rez for some reason, fine, but to lie about it is pretty fucking low.
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2011 at 4:37am by ddoplayer064 »  

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #1890 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Okay so tell me this if your in a 9 out 12 guild run and you pull something and your guildy wants it wants it and the pug guy wants it are you going to give it for roll or just give it to guildy me i will give it to guildy that is how all guilds work.

FIFY
And you are free to do so as it fell in your name.

But the question then becomes: Does your guildy have any more right to it than the pugger?  The pugger did his part to help complete the raid, just like your guildy did.  Putting it up for roll is the respectable thing to do.

If it's an item that you know your friend/guildy REALLY wants, or has had a hard time finding, then the decision to pass it could be easier for a pugger to accept.  If you passed it only because he's your guildy, then that was a dick move.
But again, you were within your rights to pull a dick move because it was yours to begin with.

The bottom line is that it all boils down to karma and reputation.  Your reputation with puggers in your group, from my personal experience, is complete shit.
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2011 at 5:55am by Cale »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #1891 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 6:16am
Print Post  
A common loot rule is (at least on argo) your name, your choice.  Once you say what is being done with it though, you don't change your mind.  Like, /roll d88 then pass it to your buddy which loots it even though he lost.  That doesn't fly.  Otherwise, even if you want to sell it, whatever.  Chances are no one is going to buy it, but you can try.

Really, people need to get their head out of their ass and go, "Oh shit!  I have a CHANCE to get the item I otherwise would not have obtained".  If it doesn't drop in your name in the chest, you should stop caring about whatever loot did drop.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #1892 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:09am
Print Post  

From our CoC...

8. Raid Loot Policy: The Helpers Guild maintains a strict Need before Greed policy as it applies to Raid loot. Our goal is to help all members improve and equip their characters. We do not exclude non-guildies from rolls on raid loot under any circumstances. Everyone contributes to a party’s success so everyone has a fair shot at the rewards.  For more detail on Loot Policies, see.

...now your pull is your pull so you can give it to a buddy that's one thing but once it goes up for roll saying only your guildies can roll is shit and you will soon find it difficult to fill those spots in your gimp ass raids.
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:11am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #1893 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:19am
Print Post  
My personal raid loot policy (OMGBIZZY has no formal policy)

If a friend needs it, it goes to them.
I have been known to just pass something to a brand new person for no reason at all. I hooked a Sorc up on her first VoD with bracers of the glacier.
If it is something a specific class can use, and it is BtC. I will offer it for roll just for those classes. I don't want to hear about your TR plans. Really. I am thinking of the Lorricks Neck, etc..
ToD rings are special. I like to give them to classes that can use them, but the can be used by everyone in some way.
Then I open it for anyone else.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #1894 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:32am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:19am:

I have been known to just pass something to a brand new person for no reason at all. I hooked a Sorc up on her first VoD with bracers of the glacier.
If it is something a specific class can use, and it is BtC. I will offer it for roll just for those classes. I don't want to hear about your TR plans. Really. I am thinking of the Lorricks Neck, etc..
ToD rings are special. I like to give them to classes that can use them, but the can be used by everyone in some way.

think i can see a reason. guys tend to be randomly nice to females for whatever reason even if they expect nothing in return. maybe its manners... maybe its boners.

not me though. die sluts.
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:34am by someguy »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #1895 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:32am
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:32am:
think i can see a reason. guys tend to be randomly nice to females for whatever reason even if they expect nothing in return. maybe its manners... maybe its boners.

I am old and happily married. I would go with manners.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #1896 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:36am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:32am:
I am old and happily married. I would go with manners.

lol ya i know. probably the southern upbringing thing.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #1897 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 10:16am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 2nd, 2011 at 9:19am:

That's pretty much mine except...Sisster gets first crack at most things even if I want it Sad

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #1898 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 10:24am
Print Post  

Look, No one gives a shit if a piece of loot drops in your name and you pass it to a guildie, a buddy, your pimp, whatever.  That's totally fine.  I personally don't care if you sell the shit to the highest bidder, either.  Some find that offensive, for me it's whatever you want to do.  I don't sell my loot but I don't care if you do. 

Putting an item up for roll, though, is different.  You can limit classes or builds that can roll due to item appropriateness, but excluding pug players from rolls is definitely douchebaggery.

BTW that fact that someone knows your guild does this also indicates you are not very bright.  If you are doing that, do it in guild chat, jackass.  Not in party chat where the puggers can get slapped in face with it. 

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #1899 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 10:31am
Print Post  
I up and just passed Stainer a +4 Str Tome that my Sorc received in the Sulu chest out of tower awhile back.  I told him he owed me and I also happen to have his CC number.

Do the math! Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 215
Send TopicPrint