Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 215 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Top 5 players you would never run with. (Read 929118 times)
JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Re: Top 5 players you would never run with.
Reply #1950 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Server?

Quest?

Details nub.

shroud - khyber (always)
yellin at the healers when someone died, then goes on rant about healers not healing & must suck
ends up dying in part 4 - yells at wizzy for raising her (because she took raise in blades & died again, weird, no)
proceeds to tell us is going to fail part 5 because she has no mana & berating the wizzy for raising her & the healers for letting her die - 3 dead SOMEONE needed to get her, but fine - we tell her to shut her cakehole before she makes a bunch of DNG lists - she promptly tells us all to fuck off & drops group - we finished part 5 no problem though.

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #1951 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:32pm:
shroud - khyber (always)
yellin at the healers when someone died, then goes on rant about healers not healing & must suck
ends up dying in part 4 - yells at wizzy for raising her (because she took raise in blades & died again, weird, no)
proceeds to tell us is going to fail part 5 because she has no mana & berating the wizzy for raising her & the healers for letting her die - 3 dead SOMEONE needed to get her, but fine - we tell her to shut her cakehole before she makes a bunch of DNG lists - she promptly tells us all to fuck off & drops group - we finished part 5 no problem though.

Much better.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #1952 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:

ok, how does happen???

I beaz confuzzzed

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #1953 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
shroud - khyber (always)

You know you can't raise in p4 right?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #1954 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Rastelin wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 9:39pm:
You know you can't raise in p4 right?  Roll Eyes

I wondered about that too.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #1955 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
shroud - khyber (always)

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/madbrenda/

That player has been a source of amusement for me through shroud runs lately.  Never heard the player over the mic though.  Funny shit, dies when the wind blows and blames everyone else.  Throws spell dps and gets flattened by mobs and blames everyone else. 

My record for raising that toon in a shroud is 9 times now.  Each time they did not fail to entertain me.  You have to look at it differently.  If you converse with them to offer alternatives to grabbing aggro and dying and they curse you out each time - they become permanent entertainment on an otherwise uneventful run...

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #1956 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 10:45pm:
http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/madbrenda/

That player has been a source of amusement for me through shroud runs lately.  Never heard the player over the mic though.  Funny shit, dies when the wind blows and blames everyone else.  Throws spell dps and gets flattened by mobs and blames everyone else. 

My record for raising that toon in a shroud is 9 times now.  Each time they did not fail to entertain me.  You have to look at it differently.  If you converse with them to offer alternatives to grabbing aggro and dying and they curse you out each time - they become permanent entertainment on an otherwise uneventful run...

230 hp sexy...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #1957 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 7:54pm:
ok, how does happen???

I beaz confuzzzed

That has me confused also...

I suppose they meant part five blades? Those do appear if five is taking too long.

Anyway, MyDDO makes it look like an undergeared  230hp 32 point human sorc... with a GFL item on, last updated today.

I really do not know why they placed points in int and dex. Starting con at 14 is a tad low for a human arcane... typical human arcane 32 point builds go for 18/18 or 16/18 sometimes.

The main reason why such a toon may die is they have very few hp and can be one shoted by Harry, Also only three hits from anything else in the shroud may kill it.

Now IF I were a healer in thier group I would ask that player "WHY on earth did YOU let YOU DIE!" ... surely they could have casted a heal scroll (umd) or drank some pots while out of reach.

I think it's pretty common to assume many sorcerors may take pretty good care of themself while the main healing is targeted on the pack of those pinning Harry down. The back lot of of those away from Harry are generally second scope ... you would heal one in trouble but priority is the pack, the healer themself and then those others running around loose... you slap them with a scroll or something not on cooldown at the moment then refocus on the pack.

Which brings up another very good point... chances are this player has a tendancy to cause wipes in pugs if people pay attention to them. Good example You see it taking damage change focus of healing to help them out and lose someone in the pack because of such letting Harry loose to wreak havoc for a bit before getting things back in control.

Diagnosis: Inexperienced player or possibly noob

Recommended treatment : carry and toss soul-stone over side of mountain in TS then have devs shut down that quest for a few months.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2011 at 11:54pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #1958 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
I tend to multitask in the shroud when on my healing toons, as they all try to contribute in melee.  I've gotten pretty proficient at throwing single target heals in between my masses and now divine punishment.

The way I generally prioritize things is to stay in melee range of Ari and mass cure or heal on me.  I swing and throw dp in between with an occasional pause for an eardweller clickie.  If a caster gets in trouble on the outside, my swinging stops.  That's what has to go for me to be able to single target heal them.

That toon stands out to me because of their antics, but moreso because I have bailed them out with nothing more than a cure light wounds.  That spell I throw when I've got nothing else off of cooldown.  It staves off death until I can get a cure crit or heal on them single targetwise.  If that brings a toon from incap to full it grabs my attention.  Even if it was a crit result.  That shouldn't be happening...

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #1959 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 11:29pm:
I tend to multitask in the shroud when on my healing toons, as they all try to contribute in melee.  I've gotten pretty proficient at throwing single target heals in between my masses and now divine punishment.

The way I generally prioritize things is to stay in melee range of Ari and mass cure or heal on me.  I swing and throw dp in between with an occasional pause for an eardweller clickie.  If a caster gets in trouble on the outside, my swinging stops.  That's what has to go for me to be able to single target heal them.

That toon stands out to me because of their antics, but moreso because I have bailed them out with nothing more than a cure light wounds.  That spell I throw when I've got nothing else off of cooldown.  It staves off death until I can get a cure crit or heal on them single targetwise.  If that brings a toon from incap to full it grabs my attention.  Even if it was a crit result.  That shouldn't be happening...

We all tend to do so but my point in hand is our direction is usually turned to do so by the depth of the red bar or lack of. That toon brings shock to the system not just because a cure light fills it but because it will also require a cure tossed it's way more often.

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #1960 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
see here is the thing - after harry dies, you CAN raise, right?  So I am not sure what "blades" killed her - because I was up looting the chest.  However that is what she claimed when chewing out the wizzy who raised her - so yeah part 4, not part 5 - this was after harry was killed..... on a side note, that run was odd, after we killed crystal in part 2 kobold respawned & attacked us at the chest.... weird

at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #1961 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 11:14pm:
That has me confused also...

Anyway, MyDDO makes it look like an undergeared  230hp 32 point human sorc... with a GFL item on, last updated today.

I really do not know why they placed points in int and dex. Starting con at 14 is a tad low for a human arcane... typical human arcane 32 point builds go for 18/18 or 16/18 sometimes.

Variation on the Snootch build.

They failed because they didn't go with Drow for a extra 2 points in DEX for that reflex save and AC.  Also have too many HP since they didn't dump CON like a right and proper sorcerer would playing according to strategy. Cheesy

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #1962 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 12:43am
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Aug 6th, 2011 at 11:54pm:
see here is the thing - after harry dies, you CAN raise, right?  So I am not sure what "blades" killed her - because I was up looting the chest.  However that is what she claimed when chewing out the wizzy who raised her - so yeah part 4, not part 5 - this was after harry was killed..... on a side note, that run was odd, after we killed crystal in part 2 kobold respawned & attacked us at the chest.... weird

I've had the cat come back for us at the chest. The LagBeast is a strange and beautiful/horrid creature.

IP Logged

whatshisface
Waterworks Kobold

Chicks with dex represent!

Reply #1963 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 5:52am
Print Post  
I seem to recall Bluehealer mentioned already, but in case he isn't, I will now.

Genesis point, said the lfm, we enter the battlefield, get haste and run off to the tower cave while waiting for the 6th member. Bluehealer doesn't move before we're halfway there and starts losing health quite rapidly, 200 meters from the entrance to the battlefield. Ends up dying, ressing, dying again and blames lag. I kindly asked him to drop so we could get a healer in stead.

Myddo reveals a lvl 18, 259hp, 50% fort WF, with what could quite possibly be the worst gear by level, I've ever seen. http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/bluehealer/
He has since removed his 2-3 pieces of korthos gear, but not really improved a lot on it.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #1964 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Oh man, that guy needs some help.  If his demeanor wasn't obtrusive, why not give him some pointers?

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #1965 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 7:01am
Print Post  
I seem to remember Madbrenda being one shotted and ragequitting in Sleeping Dust on my travels in Vale with Tereana. Less shouting though. Pretty much a shrug and an oh well so what.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #1966 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Aug 7th, 2011 at 6:00am:
Oh man, that guy needs some help.  If his demeanor wasn't obtrusive, why not give him some pointers?

I think that guy needs a pity whip round. Crikey.

IP Logged

whatshisface
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #1967 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 7:30am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Aug 7th, 2011 at 6:00am:

Never stopped to think about that, was more busy not hurting his feelings when asking him to step out. I might do that actually, since he wasn't being an ass about it.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #1968 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 10:07am
Print Post  
whatshisface wrote on Aug 7th, 2011 at 7:30am:
Never stopped to think about that, was more busy not hurting his feelings when asking him to step out. I might do that actually, since he wasn't being an ass about it.

My first toon was full of fail.  I'd managed to get it capped, but there was no way that build was useful for anything but entertainment.  It was a variation of my old 2nd Edition toon I played years ago.  Was very potent in PnP and full of fail for DDO. 

Were it not for some more experienced folks helping me out as well as reading the official forums intently, I would still be trying to make that build viable.

Before I decide that someone is horrid, I try to communicate with them.  There are times folks have been really interested in improving their build.  It's the ones that don't want to be helped that know everything already that I chuckle at.

ETA: apparently typing / me in a post generates your name, how cool is that? * Madcow430 Grin
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2011 at 10:09am by Madcow430 »  

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #1969 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
yeah i don't dng someone for being a dick, I don't dng someone for being a moron, I don't dng someone for being undergeared or pathetically built.... I dng you for being a purposeful ass trying to mess up my game.  When a dick is telling people they suck (while they are trying to help them) and calling out healers, calling out wizzy, calling out group - just to be a dick.... the wizzy in the group was fairly new, and he was all upset thinking he screwed up and kept appologizing for doing something wrong - it took like 4 of us telling him that it was cool, he did nothing before he realized it....don't fuck up a new player's experience who is TRYING to learn.... madbrenda is dng for me because of that.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #1970 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 6:55am
Print Post  
Hehehe, I was in a ToD run today on my monk.  I don't recall the casters name (I have been on drugs all day~YAY for military doctors!), but he was a pure wizard.  So first things first, after we all hop in and get started someone asks about killing suulo (lfm said we were).  The one caster said he didn't have recon to heal the wf tank.  Then in part one he had no real dps, or cc for the dogs.  Then in part 2, he went on about how great he is with tanking/kiting the shadowfiends.  So he did it, with help from the cleric keeping him alive since he wasn't able to do it.  Thank goodness our cleric was paying attention.  Part 3, he was asked to take care of the orthons.  This is the best part, and what made it all worthwhile, "That is more of a sorcs job, I don't have the DPS to handle the orthons".

That right there, made my night - could of been the pharmaceuticals, could still be them, but it was pretty fucking funny.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #1971 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 9:10am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:33am:
Sweet. I was look at his favor and he has ran 0 reavers refuge quests.

Well, you're gonna have to do it without me.  I was on earlier in the day, and later at night, but not when I expected to be.
Finished 3 sets and TR'd.  I'll see ya on the flip side.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #1972 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 9:10am:
Well, you're gonna have to do it without me.  I was on earlier in the day, and later at night, but not when I expected to be.

Funny part about that was, he'd just finished for a bit folks, when I needed some folks to run with my toon for the same stuff...so he redid all of them AGAIN with me LOL!

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #1973 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 9:10am:

I tr'd Springroll Saturday evening. It is his 3rd life. Look for me if you want to run some.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

laeris
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #1974 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 9:41am:
I tr'd Springroll Saturday evening. It is his 3rd life. Look for me if you want to run some.

Sorry I like my 10%

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 215
Send TopicPrint