Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 215 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Top 5 players you would never run with. (Read 928764 times)
Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Re: Top 5 players you would never run with.
Reply #2000 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Smrti we miss our whipping boy Tongue

Enjoy your break Smiley

I was on last night though....Mil and Hal both saw me >.>

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #2001 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:

lies! there was no smrti!!!!

in other news i went from a failed elite crucile swim (my baby ranger needs some work), a failed DQ hard (ok... i can't solo that yet and yes i still totally suck at arcanes which is why i am doing a 2nd TR when Melten does his 20th shroud), to capping Melten while getting Rakhirs and Gnawed and then wandering over back to the other chest to pull my first ever +4 tome (dex wouldn't you know it... gave it to Fel on Brelgor) glacier gloves and enlightened vestments for when I reward myself with a clonk life...

beware everyone... note on your crap players list: Melten. Good for haste if you yell loud enough. Maybe even rage or resists. Pretty useless for most much else even though it's a 2nd TR Tongue  (coming soon....)

IP Logged

ddoplayer064
Dragon Raider

GFY

Reply #2002 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Rastelin wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 5:56pm:
Just an FYI, many of the end game guilds view your guild as an Elite Empire-like guild, and DoA is on many people's DNG list.

I have had a few bad experiences with people from your guild not listening to instructions, especially in EVoN6.

I am well aware that there are a few, or more than a few, closed minded people that judge others by the actions of a few. And believe me, listening to guild chat has made me want to pull the remaining hair outta my head on more that one occasion...

IP Logged

Sisster
Waterworks Kobold

Like Ya!!

Reply #2003 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:47am
Print Post  
ddoplayer064 wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:35pm:
I am well aware that there are a few, or more than a few, closed minded people that judge others by the actions of a few. And believe me, listening to guild chat has made me want to pull the remaining hair outta my head on more that one occasion...

You are defined by the company you keep in rl and in Khyberland. You may defend your guild, but your own words say you don't like the the sum of it parts much.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2004 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:32am
Print Post  
2/8 of my toons are in DoA as well. 

First the bad: we have not been recruiting completely freely now and recruitment requires a member to advocate.  But of course, there are a lot of officers... much less members that are fairly clueless, so that isn't saying much.  Our policy of 3 week = boot is also poorly informed.  Recent departures accounts for half our account total and without that I'm sure we'd be much higher by now... possible around 70. 

The good?  If I thought that DoA were just another EE though, I wouldn't keep my toons in there.  Tthere are many newer players in there that are starting to come into their own, and several that have multiple TR'ed toons and are getting quite well geared, even though the guild is less than a year old.  I'm not saying that TRing alone is enough, but the level of play is raising, slowly but surely.  46 minute shroud is certainly terrible by CE standards, but just a few months ago, even a guild completion would have been out of the question. 

Another thing I like about this guild is that the top leadership (burboink/Azjme) does a LOT to keep the members actively involved.  He hosts weekly giveaways of things like LDS, greensteel blanks, lordsmarch gear, et.c.  This week he even gave away one month of VIP subscription!  How many guild leaders do that? :p

I think this fosters a fairly charitable environment between guild members.  People are constantly giving away gear in guild chat, even if it is mostly shit lowbie gear, there are still a lot of new players that benefit. 

Also, Ssister, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is much the same way Helpers Guild started out.  So don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to criticize DoA when you were once in their place?  If there is any "next helpers guild", DoA is it.  I don't know of any other new-ish guild that has any sort of potential.  DoA does, imo. 

TLDR: give DoA a chance.  Were getting better.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #2005 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 8:38am
Print Post  
More than a few of the first few raids I ran as a newbie was with Dragon Renaissance Brotherhood because of being close to their main timezone, and Illy had something called a "pickboard" where guildies would roll d100 after a guild run and get assorted useful goodies which had been donated by other guildies - stuff like Major Mnem pots, bits and bobs like that, Shroud ingredients, generically useful stuff. I thought at the time it was a nice way to get guild runs going.

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2006 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 10:02am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:32am:
If there is any "next helpers guild", DoA is it. 

LOL that's not something you should be bragging about.

Sister and Eladiun have had to do a lot of cleaning up, and it still has left black marks on their reputation.

IP Logged

Nexx
Ex Member

Reply #2007 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Quote:

I see smrti on all the time.  He just thinks he's too awesome to say hi to me anymore.
Fucker.  Cry

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2008 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Also, Ssister, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is much the same way Helpers Guild started out.  So don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to criticize DoA when you were once in their place?  If there is any "next helpers guild", DoA is it.  I don't know of any other new-ish guild that has any sort of potential.  DoA does, imo. 

You want a history lesson...then I'm your Huckleberry.

Helpers initially started out as a small tight guild of relative newbs in early 2010. (and I mean newbs, completing a guild Shroud was a huge accomplishment.)  I joined shortly after the guild was formed after I returned to the game after a break.  I was one of only a couple vets and I was rusty after a year or so out of game.  We grew to what I would say was around 40 active accounts prior to U5 with more than half being officers.  The original leader set the guild up to run with a small council of elders that operated as co-leaders. That Senior Council handled major issues and drove the direction of the guild.  We were small and mostly harmless.  Que U5.

With the intro of renown and airships a couple officers went fucking crazy and started mass recruiting (including absorbing a couple guilds). All of a sudden we are well over 300 accounts before three of us SC members push to stop the madness.  Now we are fucked...the complaints start flowing and everything is a mess.  We are split over what to do, leadership fractures, and our original guild leader and some others split to create a new guild (leaving a few presents on the way out in the form of a ton of random officer promotions).  We are left holding a bag sand mixed with gold.  We had a choice give up or fight.  We decide to fight and we decided that we had a good core if we could clean up the chafe.   We rebuilt the council and decide we wanted to shift from a casual newb guild to an end game focused top tier guild.  So we took a hard line and over the last year...

1) We wrote a clear code of conduct and proceeded to actively remove anyone who violated it.
2) We closed recruiting and cut back on what officers could do.
3) Created strict recruiting guidelines. All applicants must apply via GuildPortal.
4) We implemented a rigorous guild raid schedule (6 nights a week 2-3 raids a night with 2-3 full guild groups) to train and observe the membership
5) We had three guild treasures actively passing out free gear donated by members
6) We wrote an officer code of conduct and purged the officer corp accordingly.  We started holding regular officer meetings.
7) We worked very diligently to recruit experienced players off our friends list from outside the guild to reinforce our core.
8) We required registration on GuildPortal and we required all characters be on the GP roster before getting a guild invite.  Anyone not in compliance was removed.
9) We implement guild exclusivity.  Anyone not in compliance was removed.
10) We pushed the use of GuildPortal for info and raid scheduling.  Inactivity on GP is severely frowned upon.

These changes were spread over the last 12 months and trust me they were not popular with everyone when they were implemented.  At each step, we were called names and shed more accounts.  I regularly fought here and elsewhere to protect our reputation.  I received regular tells and PM about members who were problematic. We followed up and observed each and every one of them.  Our end goal was to be where we are...a large guild, still 130ish, with a very active, very tight, very coordinated and organized membership.  What I'm saying is it didn't just happen.  It took a lot of work and a lot time and late night discussions.  If you don't have the full support of the leaders in the guild, it won't happen.  The changes had to be phased in slowly and were planned meticulously.  Many experienced Guild Leaders here told us how hard it would be but we were stubborn.  In all honestly while the results are rewarding to me personally if I was in the same situation I wouldn't do it again.   I would rather gather as many good players as I could and split to a new guild as others have.   

So there you have it, history and a road map.  I wish you luck.  Reputation comes with success and it doesn't happen over night.  It is built one success, one completion, one run at a time.  People have long memories and you have to convince them one at a time.  We have had a lot of members and officers who have contributed to rebuilding our reputation.  I will say though it is very rewarding when your biggest detractors are turned to supporters.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2009 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 11:38am:
~snip~

The Helpers that I have ran with recently do a good job. Except for that Dresdyn fellow. He is a whiny little bitch.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2010 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 11:55am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 11:47am:
The Helpers that I have ran with recently do a good job. Except for that Dresdyn fellow. He is a whiny little bitch.

He hates waiting on people to check their mail before starting a quest.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #2011 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 11:55am:
He hates waiting on people to check their mail before starting a quest.

Some folks that came out of the Carolina school system have issues with the little things.................

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2012 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:05pm:
Some folks that came out of the Carolina school system have issues with the little things.................

Quote:

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #2013 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 11:38am:
You want a history lesson...then I'm your Huckleberry.

~snip

1) We wrote a clear code of conduct and proceeded to actively remove anyone who violated it.
2) We closed recruiting and cut back on what officers could do.
3) Created strict recruiting guidelines. All applicants must apply via GuildPortal.
4)We picked up a merry Perma decided all was well!
5) We implemented a rigorous guild raid schedule (6 nights a week 2-3 raids a night with 2-3 full guild groups) to train and observe the membership
6) We had three guild treasures actively passing out free gear donated by members
7) We wrote an officer code of conduct and purged the officer corp accordingly.  We started holding regular officer meetings.
8) We worked very diligently to recruit experienced players off our friends list from outside the guild to reinforce our core.
9) We required registration on GuildPortal and we required all characters be on the GP roster before getting a guild invite.  Anyone not in compliance was removed.
10) We implement guild exclusivity.  Anyone not in compliance was removed.
11) We pushed the use of GuildPortal for info and raid scheduling.  Inactivity on GP is severely frowned upon.

~snip

fixed
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:45pm by Asketes »  

IP Logged

Sisster
Waterworks Kobold

Like Ya!!

Reply #2014 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:47pm
Print Post  

TLDR: give DoA a chance.  Were getting better. 

I did critize DOA at all. I was more giving a warning that I have learned from past experiences.When it comes to cleaning up a guild and I wish the leadership luck on setting up things. I was just stating His own words seamed to not like the guild much
Quote:
And believe me, listening to guild chat has made me want to pull the remaining hair outta my head on more that one occasion...

Quote:
I'm a member, and yeah, the officers recruit pretty freely. Too freely at times  Tongue

And with is what is described is happening it will get a lot worse before it gets better, trust me I have been down this road. You want to fight the good fight always, but you have to be sure you know what the end result is. Is the juice worth the squeeze?
I wish no member of DOA any ill will and I hope you strive as a guild together.
And one last thing my name is Sisster, not Ssister Cheesy

« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:54pm by Sisster »  
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #2015 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:49pm
Print Post  

Eladiun wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:35pm:

Cue glasses (or monocles). Stainer???

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #2016 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:49pm:
Cue glasses (or monocles). Stainer???

Stainer is still recovering from his Ensure binge from last night.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:56pm by Asketes »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2017 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Asketes wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:56pm:
Stainer is still recovering from his Ensure binge from last night.

I was drinking beer and eating some Mexican food on our Lanai last night.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #2018 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:19pm:
I was drinking beer and eating some Mexican food on our Lanai last night.

Which beer?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2019 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Asketes wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:21pm:
Which beer?

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #2020 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Appears to be Heineken.

No homo but I love what you've done with your backyard!

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #2021 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I see smrti on all the time.  He just thinks he's too awesome to say hi to me anymore.
Fucker.  Cry

Well why don't you say hi Princess?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2022 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:25pm:
SNIP]

That's pretty sweet.

Quote:

IP Logged

Hendrik
Ex Member

Reply #2023 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Asketes wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:30pm:
Appears to be Heineken.

Agreed!  Do that yourself??

Just missing a Hot Tub or Slip n Slide, can't decide....

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2024 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Asketes wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:30pm:

Eladiun wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 1:35pm:
That's pretty sweet.

We finished that this spring. It is awesome to sit out there and watch a baseball game. Here is a shot of it right before it was completed.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 215
Send TopicPrint