Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 215 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Top 5 players you would never run with. (Read 916694 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Top 5 players you would never run with.
Reply #250 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 3:02pm:
It sounds like something I might do, but I don't remember doing it. Plus, I never said I was a good player. I did mention I get lost GH before.

I couldn't get away with it...my regular cleric would hurt me...real bad.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #251 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
It sounds like something I might do, but I don't remember doing it. Plus, I never said I was a good player. I did mention I get lost GH before.

I got lost in ToD. Twice.

I did admit that I never completed the raid prior to getting lost, though. heh

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #252 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
[color=#A23BEC]stainer wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 9:51am:
I don't think anyone that posts here, other than a couple, thinks of themselves as uber game players. Most people here are uber at talking smack.

Very much true, on average the most uber people are farming in game not posting on forums... in same light they very seldom if any offer advice off the top. Typically they prefer less people threading in their territory. There are a few nice people playing at that level but most are eclectic and solitary in nature.

Would be typical Stainer attitude... My typical reaction in such cases is to get things back under control, if cannot do so myself then judging from group power either force the group to deal with it or sacrifice my toon for the group to recoup and take control. If I bite off a little too much a miscalculated risk on my part I do not look for the divine casters to bail me out ... I rather keep as much power there as can be.

Reminds me was helping Frank cap the other day ... with but 5k xp I figured getting his last explorer in Savarath would do the trick and took us 20 bloody minutes to do so... first he kept Dc'ing like every five minutes, second he does not know the map, and third - the most irritating part - is he's Frank and trying to get him to follow you to bloody anyplace just not easy at all.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2010 at 3:43pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #253 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 3:27pm:
[color=#A23BEC]

Would be typical Stainer attitude...

I am working on it! I was in a ToD with a bunch of people I was unfamiliar with last night, running my Ftr Dreckler. A paladin, Vickonis I believe, was attempting to intimitank Sulu. Sulu was switching agro every three seconds. I had pa off and was not using my boosts. People started dying and the healers were starting to burn pots. Finally Sulu turned to me, and I turned everything on and drug him between the chairs. I was pleased with myself for not once screaming "die in a fire you sword and board, intimsuck, raid ruining bastage" into my microphone.

So see? I can be nice.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #254 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 3:35pm:
I am working on it! I was in a ToD with a bunch of people I was unfamiliar with last night, running my Ftr Dreckler. A paladin, Vickonis I believe, was attempting to intimitank Sulu. Sulu was switching agro every three seconds. I had pa off and was not using my boosts. People started dying and the healers were starting to burn pots. Finally Sulu turned to me, and I turned everything on and drug him between the chairs. I was pleased with myself for not once screaming "die in a fire you sword and board, intimsuck, raid ruining bastage" into my microphone.

So see? I can be nice.

I truely believe Intimidate - while is a nice option - should be that "an option." I used to argue with Riot years ago that one should not rely on one feature at all when controlling mob... and remember my fighter was at one time an Intimidating tank.

There is something weird with agro mechanics on those mob in there from time to time... Seems the agro mechanic gets flushed at points and I really believe has to deal with 1.) telepoting/flight in Sulu types and 2.) Banishment casts from Horoth, Maybe a little of both. I noticed every time Horoth ever gone sporatic was due to the tank being incapped (obvious) or when Horoth was going crazy with excessive blasphemy casts.

« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2010 at 4:24pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Uhgungawa
King of the Vault

Life sucks, but she won't

Reply #255 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Stainer is busy spreading Miracle Grow on his Greenis to be Uber  Roll Eyes

When I think about me, I touch myself . Psst. Canada Sucks                

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #256 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 3:24pm:
I got lost in ToD. Twice.

I did admit that I never completed the raid prior to getting lost, though. heh

Yes and i did thank you for speaking up. I have no problem with showing people how quest work or explaining anything.

We had a fucktard that was blinded on the first platform didnt say anything. We all jump down, He then types in IM BLIND!, I say why didnt you say it before, As i am midsentence telling him if u dont have a pot the timers are shorter then they used to be, he goes oopps fell in lava Sad.
stainer wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 3:35pm:

So see? I can be nice.

Emili wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 3:55pm:

I truely believe Intimidate - while is a nice option - should be that "an option." I used to argue with Riot years ago that one should not rely on one feature at all when controlling mob... and remember my fighter was at one time an Intimidating tank.

There is something weird with agro mechanics on those mob in there from time to time... Seems the agro mechanic gets flushed at points and I really believe has to deal with 1.) telepoting/flight in Sulu types and 2.) Banishment casts from Horoth, Maybe a little of both. I noticed every time Horoth ever gone sporatic was due to the tank being incapped (obvious) or when Horoth was going crazy with excessive blasphemy casts.

In an optimal situation**meaning that there is no lag and the toon is built just to intimidate so they wont fell a check** Intimidation is a very viable method of tanking. Seeing as we are playing ddo and usually the most challenging part of a quest is lag intimidation isnt a very good option. If you are gonna tank the most viable way is hate tanking, once again the toon needs to be build towards this.

I was informed that WF Brute fighting is not WAI(thank you Aranticus) people claim it doesnt give enough hate.
On my 20 WF pally i have max ranks in Brute Fighting, and 15% on my DT. I have never lost agro while tanking(tested this to the max when you could spam death strike for 6000plus damage in 13 seconds). with 620 hps i find it not a prob with staying alive, But this is at the cost of a low cha so you do less dps *(cant max out divine might or whatever its called)

You could take it a step further and get a set bonus items *leviks , Siberys, Stalwart* but like i said even with out them i have found no problem.

Another way of tanking is Max dps build, but thats just the thing you will need to be the Heavyest Hitter in the party and/or have a 10 second jump on the rest to get agro established.

On a side not an experience player that is max dps know how to not pull agro off of a lesser DPs tank. If you see that in the last 10 seconds you scored 4 640plus crits back off a second.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

whatshisface
Waterworks Kobold

Chicks with dex represent!

Reply #257 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 1:41pm:
Agreed a lvl 20 frenzy berzerker will out dps almost any mellee class (my double tr monk/rouge makes me start to doubt though lol) But you take more dmg then anyclass not only because you are gonna get hit everytime but also ever time you hit or get a glancing blow you are doing a 2d3 dmg to yourself.

Isn't that like...french? Shocked

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #258 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 5:33pm:
Yes and i did thank you for speaking up. I have no problem with showing people how quest work or explaining anything.

We had a fucktard that was blinded on the first platform didnt say anything. We all jump down, He then types in IM BLIND!, I say why didnt you say it before, As i am midsentence telling him if u dont have a pot the timers are shorter then they used to be, he goes oopps fell in lava Sad.

In an optimal situation**meaning that there is no lag and the toon is built just to intimidate so they wont fell a check** Intimidation is a very viable method of tanking. Seeing as we are playing ddo and usually the most challenging part of a quest is lag intimidation isnt a very good option. If you are gonna tank the most viable way is hate tanking, once again the toon needs to be build towards this.

I was informed that WF Brute fighting is not WAI(thank you Aranticus) people claim it doesnt give enough hate.
On my 20 WF pally i have max ranks in Brute Fighting, and 15% on my DT. I have never lost agro while tanking(tested this to the max when you could spam death strike for 6000plus damage in 13 seconds). with 620 hps i find it not a prob with staying alive, But this is at the cost of a low cha so you do less dps *(cant max out divine might or whatever its called)

You could take it a step further and get a set bonus items *leviks , Siberys, Stalwart* but like i said even with out them i have found no problem.

Another way of tanking is Max dps build, but thats just the thing you will need to be the Heavyest Hitter in the party and/or have a 10 second jump on the rest to get agro established.

On a side not an experience player that is max dps know how to not pull agro off of a lesser DPs tank. If you see that in the last 10 seconds you scored 4 640plus crits back off a second.

Not sure I agree with your broad definition of tanking.

IMO spamming intimidate is NOT tanking but crowd-control with burst DPS between cooldowns.

Tanking per se implies constant DPS.

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #259 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 6:41pm:
Not sure I agree with your broad definition of tanking.

IMO spamming intimidate is NOT tanking but crowd-control with burst DPS between cooldowns.

Tanking per se implies constant DPS.

Tanking was difined way before ddo lol. It is defined as who ever is going to hold the Mobs agro.

In everquest they had a very interesting system tha party leader could use. The tank was know as the Main Assist as in everyone should be assisting them. this came in to play that you could hot key to target what ever the main assist was targeting.
So what would happen is the leader coudld do /main assist(or soemthing like that its been awhile) and the game would auto calc the main and secondary "tanks" this was done by a determination of Hp/ac/dmg.

But i define  "tanking as who ever is going to be holding the mobs agro be it through Intimidate/hate/pure dmg

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #260 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
whatshisface wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 6:36pm:
Isn't that like...french? Shocked

I hate you
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2010 at 6:55pm by Breaken »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #261 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 9:51am:
I don't think anyone that posts here, other than a couple, thinks of themselves as uber game players. Most people here are uber at talking smack.

I am one of those people, unless I am playing my bard.

...who I will never have to play again, after finally hitting 20 last night!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #262 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 2:29pm:
Since Nancy has no interest in revealing the name, I think it's only right that whomever is the antagonist for Nancy's bunny-rage should step forward and claim responsibility.

I read it very carefully... I thought perhaps she might have caught that Shroud with me the other day (on my fucking bard, of course).  It wasn't me!  I have no DPS!
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2010 at 8:53pm by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #263 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 8:51pm:
I am one of those people, unless I am playing my bard.

...who I will never have to play again, after finally hitting 20 last night!

I second this, but my bard i love lol.

Quote:

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #264 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
i think people need to roll up DPS/Intimitanks. there have already been many runs where my fighter intimitank suulo (no problems ever, you just need to know when to mash the number, sounds like vickonis did not have the minimum 56 intim) and then tanking horoth coz main tank incapped/died

and yes not many people can get agro off my fighter without using incite/hate
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2010 at 9:42pm by Aranticus »  

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #265 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 9:42pm:
i think people need to roll up DPS/Intimitanks. there have already been many runs where my fighter intimitank suulo (no problems ever, you just need to know when to mash the number, sounds like vickonis did not have the minimum 56 intim) and then tanking horoth coz main tank incapped/died

and yes not many people can get agro off my fighter without using incite/hate

Yeah i have been thinking about TR'ing Fortyounce into a WF fighter Hate tank, i think that  it could be done better this way more hp and more dps.

Quote:

IP Logged

Nancy
Ex Member

Reply #266 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Quote:
  It's not a matter of how much damage a melee takes, it's how much they deal out... (assuming equal hitpoints).  T

I'm aware of that generally.  But the beast was prepped and his job was to hold him.

And no, it's not any of the people -- who are probably some of the better players -- who protest that they're not, like Stainer.  I bet the humble responses to my post are some of the better players here.

IP Logged

Nancy
Ex Member

Reply #267 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 12:07am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 12:25pm:
Everyone has disappointed Nancy P Doyle by not living up to her expectations.

That's not true.  I liked your response to my post.  I like a lot of your posts here.  I freely admit that I have no idea what barrification means.  LOL. 

I really meant what I said.  I'm rooting for the vault.  When I see people in game, I *want* them to be real good -- at least what counts as real good from my perspective -- that I might learn.  So just disappointed by the counterexamples.  Not looking for flaws, but this one was straight up in my face.  Maybe he was totally drunk at the time.  Who knows.  I didn't post to point fingers.  Just meant what I just said, and I think it's true.

IP Logged

Nancy
Ex Member

Reply #268 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Sep 14th, 2010 at 2:29pm:
bunny-rage  . . .and then not get healed out of spite?  Let's go, chopchop.  Grin Grin

The person has not posted here, and hopefully won't.  But it's not bunny rage.  It's bunny sadness.  Little droopy whispers.  And thanks for noticing the bunny.  I think you guys think of me as sillier than I am just 'cause I think people (especially guys) shouldn't use the C* word.  I'm not a snitch, I'm not writing letters on it, I appreciate the freedom of the forum.  I  just said that once here, and all hell broke out like I'm not entitled to my opinion too.  So I kinda stand by that opinion anyway.  And that's the only thing here that makes my bunny whiskers bristle.

Really, as to non-healing, it wasn't out of spite.  Really, it's almost literally what I wrote -- I was stopped in my tracks, confused as to whether I should heal the jerk, he wasn't in range for the first 5 seconds as I hopped around the northeast/northnorth, and by the time I had thought about it for another second, I was tentatively deciding not to heal when he elapsed.  I did rez him immediately.  I think if he had counted down from 15 I would have had my wits about me in time to heal him.  It was a weirdness moment, and it was really me taking too long to decide *how* annoyed I shoudl be that led to his death.  LOL.  If that even makes sense.

Oh, I have refused to heal once out of spite, did a heal-around in teh Shroud once with a really crappy cleric not helping agt all, and that's hard.  It was some guy who sent me a tell that used very inappropriate langauge in tell, and his name is Imposter, and he's said through an intermediary that he's sorry and perhaps he'd had too much to drink, and I don't care.  So that's my enemy list, a person of one: Imposter.  The guy who posts here regularly, I'd heal him again if I saw him.  I do think it's weird, perhaps he was drunk too?  But it was disappointing.

Most of you, when I see you in game (rarely) play quite well so far as I can tell.  So I'm not digging on y'all.  Was just disappointed.  Schmoe's right: how old am I?  LOL, exactly.  My first year anniversay of playing any MMO has yet to arrive.  So like, just the other night my guildies were having fun getting me to pick up the docent at the end of Prison of the Planes over and over, as if I wouldn't die if I could just do it right. 

I asked a friend of mine who is very very good, a well-respected guy that I know a lot of you would agree is good, who are the really good players in Khyber that post in the vault, and he listed a lot of your names.  In particular, I was disappionted that he listed Aranticus because *i cannot* understand any of Aranticus posts on technical builds.  I mean, I post in drama, but I lurk a lot in the build threads, trying to learn there, but really, can anyone tell what he's saying?  ROFL.  I was almost hoping he was just faking it but apparently not.  Sigh.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #269 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Quote:
I asked a friend of mine who is very very good, a well-respected guy that I know a lot of you would agree is good, who are the really good players in Khyber that post in the vault, and he listed a lot of your names.  In particular, I was disappionted that he listed Aranticus because *i cannot* understand any of Aranticus posts on technical builds.  I mean, I post in drama, but I lurk a lot in the build threads, trying to learn there, but really, can anyone tell what he's saying?  ROFL.  I was almost hoping he was just faking it but apparently not.  Sigh.

not many people can understand me lol

but seriously, read my guide on ddowiki "how i build my toons" and once you are done with that you will then realise what i mean when i'm critique-ing builds or giving build advice

as i told a lot of players, "the difference between 8 and 12 str is 7 damage" if you can understand why, you'll understand what i say

IP Logged

whatshisface
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #270 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 6:56am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Sep 15th, 2010 at 1:51am:
not many people can understand me lol

but seriously, read my guide on ddowiki "how i build my toons" and once you are done with that you will then realise what i mean when i'm critique-ing builds or giving build advice

as i told a lot of players, "the difference between 8 and 12 str is 7 damage" if you can understand why, you'll understand what i say

I'll jump inhere like a noob, but I don't get that, yet. Don't you need 13 str to pick power attack?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #271 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 7:10am
Print Post  
whatshisface wrote on Sep 15th, 2010 at 6:56am:
I'll jump inhere like a noob, but I don't get that, yet. Don't you need 13 str to pick power attack?

power attack= 5dmg

the difference between 8 str and 12 str is 2 dmg

there is your 7dmg

now, with 8 str you cannot grab power attack till far later in the game IF you invest levels stat points at  4,8,12,16  or with tomes / combo of both.

with 12 str at lvl 4 you can, or a crappy +1 tome just became not so crappy.

Its called planning the build out, to make it efficient.

You bloody noob.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2010 at 7:12am by Epoch »  

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #272 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Quote:
I asked a friend of mine who is very very good, a well-respected guy that I know a lot of you would agree is good (so why not just give his name instead of a long drawn out explanation?), who are the really good players in Khyber that post in the vault, and he listed a lot of your names.  In particular, I was disappionted that he listed Aranticus because *i cannot* understand any of Aranticus posts on technical builds.  I mean, I post in drama, but I lurk a lot in the build threads, trying to learn there, but really, can anyone tell what he's saying?  ROFL.  I was almost hoping he was just faking it but apparently not.  Sigh.

You probably cannot understand his advice on technical builds because he is being technical.  As one should be, since it is a technical build.

Understanding the technical aspects of the game allow for more efficient planning... and not wasting anything in areas not needed... for example.. open lock... I bet you would max that on a rogue-if not, goes to show you are learning.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

whatshisface
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #273 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 15th, 2010 at 7:10am:
power attack= 5dmg

the difference between 8 str and 12 str is 2 dmg

there is your 7dmg

now, with 8 str you cannot grab power attack till far later in the game IF you invest levels stat points at  4,8,12,16  or with tomes / combo of both.

with 12 str at lvl 4 you can, or a crappy +1 tome just became not so crappy.

Its called planning the build out, to make it efficient.

You bloody noob.

Wouldn't that be "the difference between starting with 8 str and starting with 12 str, is 7 dmg, at lvl 4, provided you invest a point in strength, either by tome or level up"?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #274 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 7:42am
Print Post  
whatshisface wrote on Sep 15th, 2010 at 7:35am:
Wouldn't that be "the difference between starting with 8 str and starting with 12 str, is 7 dmg, at lvl 4, provided you invest a point in strength, either by tome or level up"?

Dont simplify my posts.  I am trying to work on being wordy.  My psych classes demand it for those papers  and my teacher has warned me she is not going to continue being lenient on it since I took much advantage of it.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 215
Send TopicPrint