Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 215 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Top 5 players you would never run with. (Read 930632 times)
Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Re: Top 5 players you would never run with.
Reply #2525 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Had another fun time in Partycrashers thanks to some dipshit called Icanhasheal last night.  Doesn't mention until we're on our way to the theatre that he's never done it before, and constantly whines about people not stopping for buffs despite being told that it's not a big deal and we're running for the next 3-4 minutes anyway until we get to the party, so no one cares. 

When we finally get to the final room with the tieflings, both Grace and I were exceptionally specific with our directions just for the sake of telling the new guy not to be a shithead.  Don't open any doors, and make sure to go right after we exit the first room so we can do a room by room sweep.  He calls out "It's no big deal, I can heal through this, they don't seem tough" and runs down and opens the last door.

And you know, it's not like it's that bad.  We had a damned competent party.  But he's sitting there trying to pretend he's just an innocent who made a mistake by not listening, when he's really being an intentional fuckwit who doesn't give a shit about what the party wants to do.  That's the bit that really makes me want to slap the fucker in his stupid grill.  He originally joined on his fighter, and I really wish I remembered that name so I could remember not to run with him, either.  Sad

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2526 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 2:57pm:
Had another fun time in Partycrashers thanks to some dipshit called Icanhasheal last night.  Doesn't mention until we're on our way to the theatre that he's never done it before, and constantly whines about people not stopping for buffs despite being told that it's not a big deal and we're running for the next 3-4 minutes anyway until we get to the party, so no one cares. 

When we finally get to the final room with the tieflings, both Grace and I were exceptionally specific with our directions just for the sake of telling the new guy not to be a shithead.  Don't open any doors, and make sure to go right after we exit the first room so we can do a room by room sweep.  He calls out "It's no big deal, I can heal through this, they don't seem tough" and runs down and opens the last door.

And you know, it's not like it's that bad.  We had a damned competent party.  But he's sitting there trying to pretend he's just an innocent who made a mistake by not listening, when he's really being an intentional fuckwit who doesn't give a shit about what the party wants to do.  That's the bit that really makes me want to slap the fucker in his stupid grill.  He originally joined on his fighter, and I really wish I remembered that name so I could remember not to run with him, either.  Sad 

At level or Epic...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #2527 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:06pm:
At level or Epic...

Epic, ofc.  I doubt I'd even try the room to room thing at level unless I was with a particularly bad party or soloing it or something.  Tongue

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2528 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 2:57pm:
I really wish I remembered that name so I could remember not to run with him, either.

There ya go...

Purpleshizam

http://my.ddo.com/anbub0nk/characters/
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:13pm by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2529 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:08pm:
Epic, ofc.  I doubt I'd even try the room to room thing at level unless I was with a particularly bad party or soloing it or something.  Tongue 

Easy XP

Quote:

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #2530 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Oh, it was actually Thornlord, but that's even better.  Cheesy  Thanks for that!  Smiley  I'm too lazy to look shit up.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2531 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:10pm:
There ya go...

Purpleshizam

http://my.ddo.com/anbub0nk/characters/

Frostii/Shizam/thornlord is a solid player.  Leads epic raids all the time and does a good job in them.  But two key rules:  1) respect the star.  2) respect the time limit. 

Sometimes even good players lose sight of that first one.  Give the guy a break.  He's gotta listen to Eladiun and Perma on teamspeak constantly.  I'm surprised he hasn't had a mental breakdown, honestly.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2532 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
I am pretty sure he has healed me without problem. You may have caught him on a bad day.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #2533 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Yeah, it was Thornlord he first joined on, and then switched out to the FvS.

Not sure if Oak noticed, but it wasn't just the last room he opened. He first went and opened the room off the bathroom shrine after I said, "Don't open anything, people are shrining." Then he went and opened the next room immediately, and continued to open every single room so that pretty much everything was aggroed. The only reason it wasn't a complete loss was that we had a good group that managed to not become totally overwhelmed, but in a pug that's not guaranteed. You want to do things your way, start your own lfm.

On top of it, while he was running around opening doors, he kept saying shit like, "It's okay, you can't handle this? I'll kill it all for you." Personally, I would have been all for everyone stepping back, taking the guy at his word, watching him die, and then the rest of us finishing it without rezzing him. As it was, it was obvious that he wasn't remotely close to the one taking most of the trash down. Then he finished by saying, "That was it? What a boring quest," and leaving.

He's Helper's Guild, btw.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #2534 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:21pm:
Frostii/Shizam/thornlord is a solid player.  Leads epic raids all the time and does a good job in them.  But two key rules:  1) respect the star.  2) respect the time limit. 

Sometimes even good players lose sight of that first one.  Give the guy a break.  He's gotta listen to Eladiun and Perma on teamspeak constantly.  I'm surprised he hasn't had a mental breakdown, honestly.

See, and I was pretty damned sure that he was full of shit when he said he'd never run it before, and was intentionally griefing the group by being a fucking cocksucker and joining a PUG just to disrespect the star and run shit however the fuck he wanted.  The idea that he's out there running epic raids regularly but he's never done a Partycrashers and doesn't know how to fucking listen to simple, emphatic and repeated instructions is fucking bullshit.

This wasn't an accidental slip up.  This was a pathetic little cocksucker acting like a pathetic little cocksucker on purpose.  He's in the exact same boat as Qrazydamage as far as I'm concerned. 

stainer wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:22pm:
I am pretty sure he has healed me without problem. You may have caught him on a bad day.

I have absolutely no doubt at all that he's a good player who knows what he's doing.  But if you join my group just to be a little cocksucking griefer, well, guess what I don't give about how good you are at the game?

Hint:

« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:27pm by Oakianus »  

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #2535 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
What Oak said. Respect the star is an important one, especially when you pug and don't really know how the group will end up working. I could excuse it if it was one slip up, like "oh sorry, I opened this room because I thought we could handle it, but if you want to wait on that stuff one by one that's cool." But when he keeps doing it over and over while waving his cock around? That's griefing. There are plenty of competent assholes around, and I'd rather not run with them.

she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2536 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:21pm:

...which is why I wasn't going to bother defending him.   Frostii won't bother to come post here and making DNG won't really effect him.    So I just simplified it...
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:37pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #2537 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
BTW....

HollowHeart - 20 rogue.  300 HP with a boat buff.  No lie.

For the math:

120 = 20 Rogue Levels
20 = Free HP we all get
30 = GFL item
20 = Toughness Item
100 = 20 con = 10 base + 6 item + 2 boat.

That's right folks.  Base 10 con.  On a melee toon.  No shroud item.  No Toughness feat.  And thus no class toughness enhancemnents.  Total moron.

Also, Myddo reveals no threat reduction gear.  So this utra squishy DPS that likes to sneak attack to get massive aggro ends up getting pwned regularly.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #2538 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:35pm:
...which is why I wasn't going to bother defending him.   Frostii won't bother to come post here and making DNG won't really effect him.    So I just simplified it...

Seeing that he had a Helpers tag was one of the biggest surprises of the whole thing.  I honestly expected a hell of a lot better when I saw that tag.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #2539 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:39pm:
Seeing that he had a Helpers tag was one of the biggest surprises of the whole thing.  I honestly expected a hell of a lot better when I saw that tag. 

I've grouped with frosti a fair bit. Worst thing I could say about him is he is sometimes a bit impaitent, but I could probably say that about half of the people I group with  Grin.

Not saying it didn't happen as you describe, just a bit surprising from him.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #2540 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Cabocleer wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 2:07pm:
I've seen Nitteshade and Sylvandras together in the same party (ToD maybe?). Could be one person on 2 boxes though.

On a related note, one of my guildies asked me if I thought Libras and Knessa was one person with two boxes.

My guess is that they are two different people,  but I am not completely sure -  Libras sometimes asks for buffs that Knessa has (or should have),  and one of them often lags behind and then catches up while the other one waits.

Mildly odd,  but sometimes they have LFMs up for quests I wanna do.   

Libras and Knessa are two different people. I've been in many groups with both of them, and never had any bad dealings with them. The only slightly annoying thing is that they always run together. So if you accept one of them you have to take the other, or you get neither.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #2541 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Now I'm starting to wonder. Oak, are you and I the same person?  Huh

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #2542 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
I JUST WROTE A WHOLE REPLY AND MY LAPTOP EATED IT.  RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!

Summary: I ran with Frostii once before he was in Helpers and he was the douchiest douche that ever douched.  I could smell the vinegar and water from my monitor.  Talked throughout 3 whole GoP's non stop about how awesome he is.

I have since ran with him since he joined Helpers and he's been fine.  Ran a raid with him the other night and he was pretty silent through the whole thing or, like someone else said, could have just been in Teamspeak.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #2543 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:11pm:
Now I'm starting to wonder. Oak, are you and I the same person?  Huh

Yes.  You're dual-boxing and really good at doing a dude's voice.

Feel free to fall back on the bed while a musical sting plays and you realize how much of your time on DDO has been a delusional lie.  It's considered standard at this point.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #2544 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:14pm:
Yes.  You're dual-boxing and really good at doing a dude's voice.

That would explain why I suck at DDO so much.

Quote:
Feel free to fall back on the bed while a musical sting plays and you realize how much of your time on DDO has been a delusional lie.  It's considered standard at this point.

Psht. My whole life is a delusional lie. This is not a stretch.

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

Enoach
Korthos Resident

Paladins, Wizards and
Clerics Oh my!

Reply #2545 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:35pm:
BTW....

HollowHeart - 20 rogue.  300 HP with a boat buff.  No lie.

For the math:

120 = 20 Rogue Levels
20 = Free HP we all get
30 = GFL item
20 = Toughness Item
100 = 20 con = 10 base + 6 item + 2 boat.

That's right folks.  Base 10 con.  On a melee toon.  No shroud item.  No Toughness feat.  And thus no class toughness enhancemnents.  Total moron.

Also, Myddo reveals no threat reduction gear.  So this utra squishy DPS that likes to sneak attack to get massive aggro ends up getting pwned regularly.

I looked at myDDO for this and I think your off a bit on his base CON.

Reason is that it shows a +2 next to the 20 CON.  While this is most likely a bug that has been in myDDO since the beginning, it does become a nice feature in that it shows the Bonus based on the Character's base + Tome.

In this case the +2 indicates that the CON is 14 or 12 + 2 Tome.

120      Base Rogue
20      Feat Hero
30      GFL <- Belt
20      Greater Element <- Alchemist Pendant
40      Con 14
==

Now I don't see a +6 CON item per se, but myDDO shows a 20, which would be 60 More HP for 290.  Of course the Epic Items or the Hat could have this stat on it.  Now if the 20 CON is with Ship Buffs that would mean only a +4 CON Item. 

This is also a Drow, so to get to a 12 CON is 6 Stat points or 14 is 10 Stat points at build.

I believe the last 10 HP is made up from Argo Favor.

So either said rogue did not get ship buffs or does not own a +6 Con Item.

Player also does not have a GS HP item which would only net 25 more HP due to already having the Greater on the Pendant.

If anything he could potentially have at least 345 HP (+2 More Con and two tiers of HP on GS) still lowish but still has room to grow.

I'm not defending his HP, just pointing out you might want to check your math.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #2546 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Meh.  Math might be off on where it comes from, but the guy still needs a full HP item, Toughness Item, Toughness feat and toughness enhancements.  Could easily get to 380-400 hp.  Running epics with 290-300 hp on a melee, even an evasion one is fail.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #2547 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 3:45pm:
I've grouped with frosti a fair bit. Worst thing I could say about him is he is sometimes a bit impaitent, but I could probably say that about half of the people I group with  Grin.

Not saying it didn't happen as you describe, just a bit surprising from him.

Aye, what Cal said. He's always been a solid player and fine around me. Not just defending a guildie.

I guess everyone can have their bad days. I know I do. Wait.... maybe I mean bad years?

Cheesy

IP Logged

Enoach
Korthos Resident

Paladins, Wizards and
Clerics Oh my!

Reply #2548 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 5:21pm:
Meh.  Math might be off on where it comes from, but the guy still needs a full HP item, Toughness Item, Toughness feat and toughness enhancements.  Could easily get to 380-400 hp.  Running epics with 290-300 hp on a melee, even an evasion one is fail.

Didn't say he had the HP, just pointing out its not his Stats that are weighing him down, its his gear, feat and enhancement choices.  All of these are fixable without a re-roll.

We can only hope that 2 things happen

1) Someone see his plight and engages him to question why
2) He begins to question why he has 1/2 to 2/3 rds the HP of 20th level Wizard.

This does also appear to be his first level 20, so maybe just has not had the opportunity to get the stuff he needs.  He has a bit of farming to go and will most likely find it very hard to get into epics with only 300ish HP.  But he did make it into one based on your post.

So unless he blatantly stated he didn't need anymore HP he has not failed yet.  I see him more as one that needs someone to help him see how he can improve.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #2549 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 5:38pm:
Aye, what Cal said. He's always been a solid player and fine around me. Not just defending a guildie.

I guess everyone can have their bad days. I know I do. Wait.... maybe I mean bad years?

Cheesy

Meh.  Maybe if this many folks are willing to say something decent about him, I'll give him a second chance in the future.  Not that a lack of chance from some rando noob in a no-name guild really means a fuck to anyone anyway, but still.  Tongue 

I mean, I gots me a witness here, though.  To be fair, it was like 3AM at the time, so maybe he was just tired/drunk/stupid.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 215
Send TopicPrint