Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 215 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Top 5 players you would never run with. (Read 930654 times)
Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Re: Top 5 players you would never run with.
Reply #2775 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
whatshisface wrote on Nov 5th, 2011 at 12:10am:
for what reason?

He explained my reasoning properly.
1 > 100 > 99-2
I don't expect others to follow the same scenario, if I put something up for roll and someone rolls a 1, they automatically win it.

IP Logged

Beol
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2776 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You are so fucking stupid, it literally physically hurts.

Sounds like a personal problem that I dont want to hear. Good day  Smiley

IP Logged

Nexx
Dragon Raider

Shhhh...

Reply #2777 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Beol wrote on Nov 5th, 2011 at 8:49pm:
Sounds like a personal problem that I dont want to hear. Good day  Smiley

You were in PvP the other night while I was on my fighter, Unshakable.  I think you even tried to hit me  Sad

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #2778 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Wash wrote on Nov 4th, 2011 at 10:35pm:
Your wish just so happens to be my command.

http://i.imgur.com/QbjCP.png

Torc dropped on that run, nice!

Here's an interesting snippet...  That Rellanor guy, in case you haven't noticed, is a rather poor caster.  I recall Hoglrusk standing out there while I was running in another group doing DQ1-2.  He was in that group. 

Yeah, lost on the way to dq1, then gets in and dies Shocked on casual to the mobs.  Blames lag Roll Eyes  it's freaking normal.  But what irritated me was him dying immediately on DQ2.  Actually, the whole party about drove me up the wall.  Fvs with one mass heal spell but capped pureclass.  Paladin that knew *everything* but most of all Rellanor.  Because how do you freakin' die on a PM capped wizzy in that raid on Elite?  I didn't think it was possible. 

I ended up dropping and running halfdeadd through part 2 solo.  Cost me one major, which was better than the aggrivation from the increased scaling those dipshits brought with them.

Anyway, his behavior for your run comes as no suprise.

ETA: Sorry, was a normal/elite run.  I need more coffee.
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2011 at 12:20pm by Madcow430 »  

IP Logged

Wash
Korthos Resident

Swish swish swish

Reply #2779 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
I didn't notice his casting. There had been no issues at all, up until the cryfest at the end chest. I don't know if he figured we owed him that torc, or that we should distribute stuff on a need-the-most-basis. But he was surely nerdraging back in mom's basement. And I don't blame him. It's rough when everybody is out to get you and you alone.

haha... eat shit

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2780 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Beol may not be great at punctuation, but I was in that run where Orlenn dropped group after part I before we got to party II.  He was a total douche.  He was not healing in part I at all.  Beol announced he was out of mana and had chugged two pots with the judge at 10%.  The guy had probably 1100 mana at that point.  Finishing off the jailor, I got down to 150 hp on my blitz build before Beol chugged another pot and started healing.  At the end of round one, Beol had chugged 3 pots and this guy was still at 900 mana.  Totally inexcusable.  When called out he completely bailed.  I'm not sure what the point of him joining the group was if he had no intention of healing it.

Beol went on to solo heal part 2 and 3 and we got a completion.  We didn't drop suulu, but a completion and the horoth chest was better than a wipe.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #2781 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
i think orlen has already been mentioned in this thread before now. multiple times while on his arcane. looting madstone boots after asking if anyone wanted to buy them etc. and just being all around terrible.

IP Logged

Enoach
Korthos Resident

Paladins, Wizards and
Clerics Oh my!

Reply #2782 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
I believe I have run with Rellanor this weekend in Mindsunder.  Did a normal run where he was asked to kite the final room.  Just as the other 5 of us made it to the Crystal, he died... I ended up kiting the room. 

Before the quest he kept talking about how good Nightmare was and how everyone should be using it...  Including the TWF spec'd.  Then went on about needing a Force Rahl's Might and how if anyone pulls it he wants it.  He also went on to say that he is a PM but won't take form because Clerics won't heal him... Of course I won't heal a PM.  1) Generally they can keep themselves up.  2) Because I harm PMs in a pinch, it works better .

Party leader dismissed him after this run.

Couple notes I did learn:  I believe he is around 16 years old, so still lacks the social skills necessary.  At that age many believe they are the bomb (of course that's not age specific, but at 16 have not had enough life experiences to show them they are not).

What he needs is someone to teach him - Maybe someone in his Guild Leadership...

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #2783 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Enoach wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:16pm:
I believe I have run with Rellanor this weekend in Mindsunder.  Did a normal run where he was asked to kite the final room.  Just as the other 5 of us made it to the Crystal, he died... I ended up kiting the room. 

Before the quest he kept talking about how good Nightmare was and how everyone should be using it...  Including the TWF spec'd.  Then went on about needing a Force Rahl's Might and how if anyone pulls it he wants it.  He also went on to say that he is a PM but won't take form because Clerics won't heal him... Of course I won't heal a PM.  1) Generally they can keep themselves up.  2) Because I harm PMs in a pinch, it works better .

Party leader dismissed him after this run.

Couple notes I did learn:  I believe he is around 16 years old, so still lacks the social skills necessary.  At that age many believe they are the bomb (of course that's not age specific, but at 16 have not had enough life experiences to show them they are not).

What he needs is someone to teach him - Maybe someone in his Guild Leadership...

Thanks for pointing out the age thing.  I hadn't considered that option.  He sounded like an adult to me at the time.  One can't be sure about these things though.

Kid fail is totally different.  I'll surely reconsider my position on him. 

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2784 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 11:00am:
Beol may not be great at punctuation, but I was in that run where Orlenn dropped group after part I before we got to party II.  He was a total douche.  He was not healing in part I at all.  Beol announced he was out of mana and had chugged two pots with the judge at 10%.  The guy had probably 1100 mana at that point.  Finishing off the jailor, I got down to 150 hp on my blitz build before Beol chugged another pot and started healing.  At the end of round one, Beol had chugged 3 pots and this guy was still at 900 mana.  Totally inexcusable.  When called out he completely bailed.  I'm not sure what the point of him joining the group was if he had no intention of healing it.

Beol went on to solo heal part 2 and 3 and we got a completion.  We didn't drop suulu, but a completion and the horoth chest was better than a wipe.

No offense, but if you need 3 pots to solo heal part 1, you are the one doing it wrong.  Mass heal/radiant burst on the party and scroll heal folks who missed it due to curses.  I don't know about Orlenn, but it could have been that he was just better at conserving SP. 

I do know it sucks to be accused of not healing when you still have 3/4th of your blue bar and the other healer is already starting to chug pots, because he spammed heightened maximized double empowered mass cures like a dumbass. 

I also have some interesting screenshots of beol which I will probably post later.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2785 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:44pm:
No offense, but if you need 3 pots to solo heal part 1, you are the one doing it wrong.  Mass heal/radiant burst on the party and scroll heal folks who missed it due to curses.  I don't know about Orlenn, but it could have been that he was just better at conserving SP. 

I think you are insinuating that the cleric should be right in the middle of the battle with the Judge. While I am pretty sure that I could do that on my cleric, Stainer, I think that is a stupid idea. It puts you in the position to get cursed and also subjects you to getting thrown all over hell and back by his wing buffets. That seems like an idiotic thing to do. A smart player would stand out of the way and use his/her mana to heal. I would have no problem using aura/burst during the Jailor clean up. I would probably kill Asheras as quickly as I could though.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2786 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:52pm:
I think you are insinuating that the cleric should be right in the middle of the battle with the Judge. While I am pretty sure that I could do that on my cleric, Stainer, I think that is a stupid idea. It puts you in the position to get cursed and also subjects you to getting thrown all over hell and back by his wing buffets. That seems like an idiotic thing to do. A smart player would stand out of the way and use his/her mana to heal. I would have no problem using aura/burst during the Jailor clean up. I would probably kill Asheras as quickly as I could though.

What a nice way of telling AtomicMew he's a fucking idiot who has obviously never healed a ToD and should STFU while DIAF.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2787 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:57pm:
What a nice way of telling AtomicMew he's a fucking idiot who has obviously never healed a ToD and should STFU while DIAF.

This is the kinder and gentler stainer.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2788 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:44pm:
scroll heal folks who missed it due to curses

This also is dumb. They need to remove curses faster or die. In fact I say this during to ToD's I am in, "Remove your curse or die, either way I dont care". Melees need quick reflexes. This is how I separate the mana wasters, from the mana savers.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #2789 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 1:03pm:
This also is dumb. They need to remove curses faster or die. In fact I say this during to ToD's I am in, "Remove your curse or die, either way I dont care". Melees need quick reflexes. This is how I separate the mana wasters, from the mana savers.

That's right suckas!

The only scroll Stainer uses in ToD is Word of Recall... Cheesy

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #2790 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Actually with the bump to the DC on terror, it's worth using. in eDA that sucker goes off a lot, especially with the imp sunders being tossed around in there.

Probably not on a TWFer, but it's working better than the old vorpals used to. Mostly because it procs on crits, not just 20s

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #2791 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:58pm:
This is the kinder and gentler stainer.

No worries, the rest of it is kind of implied.  Wink

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2792 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:52pm:

A cleric with decent HP and either torc/melee skills should be in melee with the judge.  Who cares if you get buffeted around, even in hard the bosses don't hit hard enough that a quick reflexed cleric cant hit someone with a heal. Plus being in combat means you can center your heals on yourself, allowing for dp/w/e else on the boss. Oh yea, and free aura healing.

It works better with fvs because they can wing back quickly, but clerics should be in the middle of the fight as well unless they're bad players.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2793 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Rastelin wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 4:52pm:
A cleric with decent HP and either torc/melee skills should be in melee with the judge.  Who cares if you get buffeted around, even in hard the bosses don't hit hard enough that a quick reflexed cleric cant hit someone with a heal. Plus being in combat means you can center your heals on yourself, allowing for dp/w/e else on the boss. Oh yea, and free aura healing.

It works better with fvs because they can wing back quickly, but clerics should be in the middle of the fight as well unless they're bad players.

A fucking cleric tard in your guild jumped my shit for doing that on my WF Melee FvS. MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MIND RANSACK.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2794 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Rastelin wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 4:52pm:
clerics should be in the middle of the fight as well unless they're bad players.

Bullshit.

I do better standing away on my cleric. I can heal an elite run with mana, and I have no fucking dps skills what so ever. WHAT THE FUCK IS ALL THE 32 POINTS YOU GET FROM MY FUCKING AURA DOING FOR YOU WHEN I AM RUNNING FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FUCKING QUEST ON MY FAT DORF LEGS.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2795 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:01pm:
Bullshit.

I do better standing away on my cleric. I can heal an elite run with mana, and I have no fucking dps skills what so ever. WHAT THE FUCK IS ALL THE 32 POINTS YOU GET FROM MY FUCKING AURA DOING FOR YOU WHEN I AM RUNNING FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FUCKING QUEST ON MY FAT DORF LEGS.

Grin

REROLL STAINER INTO SOMETHING USEFUL FFS! FVS ARE JUST BETTER!

Just kidding about that... but not really......

Elite is different, I agree. But if you can handle an elite run with just mana, you can DP. Maybe its just because I always have mouselook on, but I have a hard time using DP efficiently while not centering heals on myself.

The 32 points helps people who get cursed right before the hjealer throws a heal. On my lowish HP rogue (450) I know any bit of healing helps with that.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2796 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Rastelin wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:05pm:
Grin

REROLL STAINER INTO SOMETHING USEFUL FFS! FVS ARE JUST BETTER!

Just kidding about that... but not really......

Elite is different, I agree. But if you can handle an elite run with just mana, you can DP. Maybe its just because I always have mouselook on, but I have a hard time using DP efficiently while not centering heals on myself.

The 32 points helps people who get cursed right before the hjealer throws a heal. On my lowish HP rogue (450) I know any bit of healing helps with that.

I have 2 FvS and 1 cleric. I agree the FvS are significantly  better than a cleric, except for DI. That spell is handy in 3 or 4 places in the entire game, so it is worth dedicating a character spot to. Just kidding my cleric will be a wiz some day. I have a list of characters to TR.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Enoach
Korthos Resident

Paladins, Wizards and
Clerics Oh my!

Reply #2797 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
hmmm, what is the best approach?

1.  Being in melee range smacking on the Judge with melee weapon(s) in hand
2.  Standing away at a spot where you can heal both Judge Party and Jailer Tank

I think the answer is in the Build and Party Make-up (other Player skills included).  And one is not a bad player if one chooses not to take damage or risk death.  In fact one can be considered a good player for using the appropriate tactic.

As one that has had to Solo Heal both Judge group and Jailer Tank, option 2 works best when that scenario occurs.  I've also been in groups where the DPS of the Melee was less then stellar and then option 1 works best.

There does come a point though where the Cleric regardless of which option being used, needs to also employ DP, if for nothing else but to increase the DPS further.

The true telling of a great cleric is knowing when to employ the appropriate option, and then be able to adapt if things change.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2798 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Enoach wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:34pm:
needs to also employ DP, if for nothing else but to increase the DPS further.

If I deploy DP at 50% I have agro of that son of a bitch before it dies.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #2799 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 5:37pm:
If I deploy DP at 50% I have agro of that son of a bitch before it dies.

I hear Gawna likes DP...oh, wait...that's different... Roll Eyes

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 215
Send TopicPrint