Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 215 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Top 5 players you would never run with. (Read 928421 times)
Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Top 5 players you would never run with.
Reply #3125 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Quote:
I had already declined 3 Psionic Infinity people.

I hadn't realized they were a guild to avoid until I joined a hard VoD not that long ago with them.  Horrible leadership, they didn't even know why they were in there.  Three clerics, all from that guild, one used nearly half his SP after shrining before even starting the fight.  When someone commented on this being a bad idea, he responded by saying it was okay because he had pots.  Had a fleshy non-AC tank who couldn't keep aggro, another person who didn't know how to not take aggro, and a sorcerer who died every time he got sneezed on (he got sneezed on 16 times).  55 deaths total.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #3126 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 8:49am:
So worth a few mediums to win and grief my Goldie's at the same time!

Agreed.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #3127 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Scupperer wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 11:14am:
I hadn't realized they were a guild to avoid until I joined a hard VoD not that long ago with them.  Horrible leadership, they didn't even know why they were in there.  Three clerics, all from that guild, one used nearly half his SP after shrining before even starting the fight.  When someone commented on this being a bad idea, he responded by saying it was okay because he had pots.  Had a fleshy non-AC tank who couldn't keep aggro, another person who didn't know how to not take aggro, and a sorcerer who died every time he got sneezed on (he got sneezed on 16 times).  55 deaths total.

Oh man, I wasn't familiar, but Gawna and I did an eBoB with a couple of their members yesterday and it was fucking God awful.  First off, the only reason we joined them is because the dickhead started an eBoB LFM while I had one up already.  But I figured hey, why fuck around or have bad feelings about it?  Fuck it, let's just join up with them and not even mention it.

So as we're going through the gate, someone says "Shortcut?"  And I say "Yep, the shortcut sounds great!"  So I kill some shit, go up onto the tent...  and the dickhead PI dude cuts off in the other direction and mutters "Oh, we're going in the other direction."  Which is fine, but maybe you mention that while it's being actively discussed, a few minutes ago? 

That's pretty much the last time that anything meaningful is said over Mic.  We get to the gate that leads to the end (with the trap box next to it, you know what I mean) and idiots just start wandering in a straight line back to the shrine, because apparently they're 'scroll farming' and want all of the trash mobs beneath and behind us, too.  Which is awesome, if you want to fucking tell someone about it.  I ended up faced off alone with a pair of archers because no one was around.  But at least I didn't die as often as the shitty, shitty monk who was leading.

I can't remember either name to save my ass, but Jesus Christ, what a failure of leadership.  I don't think that they would bug me all that much in someone else's group, but I doubt I'll ever click on their LFMs again.

IP Logged

strawberrybacon
Waterworks Kobold

KrazyKats

Reply #3128 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Dec 8th, 2011 at 2:30pm:
I always have fun in a Doomdancers run.  I know that when a couple of Doomdancers are in a generic PUG run or in a run that belongs to another guild, that there will be problems.  They're not great about following directions - probably because they don't always understand the directions, but at least sometimes because they're just plain uninterested in listening.

That's doubly true for their spinoff guilds like Zerg Zerg.

Oh neat! That's pretty interesting. At least they make it worthwhile for you. I, personally, do not have experience running with Doomdancers. Shrug, nothing wrong with that.
I checked, and they finished the shroud reletively quickly, as most of their players who were in the shroud 30minutes ago, then were running something else. I just assumed they finished a hard shroud in 30 minutes as that's how long it took for the next party I was in to wipe! LoL. but thats what makes the game interesting....... Sometimes.. you're so goddamnit fuckin pissed off you could throw the computer. Looking back on it a few hrs and a martini or two later, it all just seems so silly.

I imagine, I probably would have used less pots in that Doomdancers run that i was complaining about than the elite coalesence chamber I ran this afternoon. Oh, so lovely.
I'm on my Tr'd FVS, and a wizard whom I've ran with before but I do not remember them per se, just the name, joined and I noticed he was going thru mana fairly quickl and just mentioned that they should conserve, no big deal.. but ya know. There's only one shrine. It helps for when i REALLY need those FoD's. For instance, this is my melee Fvs, so.... if I have a mob down to lets just say %5. is it really necessary to FoD it? No... no it's not.
But... i remember what it was like on my first toon EVER, playing a gimpy little wizard, trying to best. So I just shrugged it off. carried him around, and used 4 pots.

I got my leet Coal Chamber. I was gonna any... why not take a newb for a ride and show em hows it done. At some point... I was that person.. someone helped me along.

My only real pet peeve about the whole thing was that a ranger in the party.. who, died a significant ammt less than that wizard, had no heal pots (I always put BYOH in my lfms... fucking get over it) No heal pots. Am I mad? No..... but critisized me when I'm using my leftover ... idk.. cure mass heal whatthefuckever scrolls to sorta save some mana so i dont have to drink my %th pot... while we were at the shrine..

Had the nerve to say to me "Why are you not healing? What is this +30 bullshit"

................................................................................

If You've ever partied with me before.... then you know what happened next.

And an hr and a half later.. it's all just silly. and I got my completion, and so did he.. more favor for me.

YAY!

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #3129 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Scupperer wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 11:14am:

A guy in my guild is famous for drinking store pots.  He drinks a pot after buffing for our naked Tempest Spine runs.  On average he probably goes through 2-3 just for normal quests.  People groan, tell him it's a waste, yada yada yada, but he doesn't care.  It's how he likes to play and it's what he likes to spend his money on. 

Honestly, I've been in guild runs like the one described above.  A lot of people play the game for the social aspect and are not what others would call great players, nor do they care to be great players.  I can see how some people might want to avoid groups like that but, eh, color me unimpressed.  There are far more important things to actively avoid than people just hanging out and having fun with the game.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Kannyaheals
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3130 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 4:41pm:
A guy in my guild is famous for drinking store pots.  He drinks a pot after buffing for our naked Tempest Spine runs.  On average he probably goes through 2-3 just for normal quests.  People groan, tell him it's a waste, yada yada yada, but he doesn't care.  It's how he likes to play and it's what he likes to spend his money on. 

Honestly, I've been in guild runs like the one described above.  A lot of people play the game for the social aspect and are not what others would call great players, nor do they care to be great players.  I can see how some people might want to avoid groups like that but, eh, color me unimpressed.  There are far more important things to actively avoid than people just hanging out and having fun with the game. 

We had a couple of those in Nothing Personal too...could always count on them for a completion, but I winced taking them into group. Yeah, it's their money, but gawddamn...

IP Logged

strawberrybacon
Waterworks Kobold

KrazyKats

Reply #3131 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:58pm
Print Post  

Hey there. I comeplete agree. When people are no longer having fun, or view everything as negative then it's definately a personality flaw.

I rage just like the rest of us nerds, but some people take it too far and it's really just silly. ShockedD

I get that everyone loves Drama. Sure, lets do it. But really... it's a video game and when you're running with friends, it's always silly, especially if you purposely blow someone up in undermine!

AHHAHHAAHHAHAHA

I mean.... uh.... What?

hehe

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3132 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
strawberrybacon wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:58pm:
Sure, lets do it.  it's always silly, especially if you purposely blow someone

AHHAHHAAHHAHAHA

I mean.... uh.... What?

hehe

what i read out of that.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #3133 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
strawberrybacon wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 4:30pm:
And an hr and a half later.. it's all just silly. and I got my completion, and so did he.. more favor for me

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT

Did either of you know how to play? Fucking 30 minutes killing everything, maybe 45 if you are fucking around in there.  HOLYSHITBALLZ

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3134 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 11:34pm
Print Post  

I forgot to mention that the run was a wipe.  It was held together for a while by several of the puggers, including a bard who used several pots as well, but the lack of organization as well as the people like the cleric I mentioned not having enough pots to justify the way they were playing (another thing I forgot to mention: the cleric said he had pots, and then ran out)...it just didn't work.

IP Logged

strawberrybacon
Waterworks Kobold

KrazyKats

Reply #3135 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 8:05pm:
what i read out of that.

Hahha. Silly...

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3136 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 3:49am
Print Post  
strawberrybacon wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 12:22am:
Hahha. Silly...

I'm super serial yo

IP Logged

strawberrybacon
Waterworks Kobold

KrazyKats

Reply #3137 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 3:59am
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 3:49am:
I'm super serial yo

you would b

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #3138 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 4:36pm
Print Post  

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #3139 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
hmm im wary of ER as i met a couple that were douches, they played well but were just annoying to listen tho ill say there one that was alright . thing is i know if there to many of em in the pug u not gonna even get a roll on loot so i tend to avoid em.

is only one dickhead i avoid , cant recall his name offhand, i tend to recognize his voice. i use to do lots of epic late-nights with him

hes from discount hirelings. he plays well but his damn mouth never shuts the fuck up. he thinks everyone's a dumb-ass and that hes the only good player plus his accent grates on my fkin nerves seriously after too many runs with him i wanted to do like my avatar  Shocked

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #3140 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 7:10am
Print Post  
Seacret, you're still a retard and make me MORE ashamed I was ever in Invicta ever.

Aeth...whatever. Learn to use a fucking scroll. Half the deaths in our eCoF were because you were a fucking retard.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3141 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
OMFG that eBoB with Oak only made it through because everyone else except the leader and healer knew what they were doing.  The healer was the leader of PI (that fucking twat that does the halfling only runs) and wasn't healing me until I got down to 100 hp (on my fighter with 800+) and Oak said it was probably because she read the Vault.  AWKWARD.

After we finish, Oak says, "Thanks everyone.  Great group - HAHAHAHAHAHA!" and just drops.  I think some pee came out.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #3142 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 9:36am
Print Post  
I didn't care enough to add the name to my special list, but this is definitely an example of players that can make you want to go elitist.

Missing on elite, could see it was in progress. a fighter and a barb. I join and enter expected they both had hires and they did. The barb takes about 5 or 6 raise dead scroll usages before he gives up and ragequits. (1st time I raised him he clicked "ok" then ran off the edge of the balcony.) That's fine. I'd seen in the xp panel that the fighter had been doing 95% of the work anyway. I do get killed on the way to their palefire standoff...found it was hard to kite with 5 hounds knocking you down, but I did take care of them.

A sorc joins, Dark...something or other. He joined and entered while I was halfway towards raising the original party. He decided to get the hideout optional...then dies. I get the rest of the part up and sorc releases/reenters. Hm...Ok. There was no discussion about reentering. About 2 minutes after reentering he dies/releases/reenters....then he ragequits.

The fighter and I finished the quest. I went ahead and took the xp hit to help him complete.

IP Logged

strawberrybacon
Waterworks Kobold

KrazyKats

Reply #3143 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Quote:
I didn't care enough to add the name to my special list, but this is definitely an example of players that can make you want to go elitist.

Missing on elite, could see it was in progress. a fighter and a barb. I join and enter expected they both had hires and they did. The barb takes about 5 or 6 raise dead scroll usages before he gives up and ragequits. (1st time I raised him he clicked "ok" then ran off the edge of the balcony.) That's fine. I'd seen in the xp panel that the fighter had been doing 95% of the work anyway. I do get killed on the way to their palefire standoff...found it was hard to kite with 5 hounds knocking you down, but I did take care of them.

A sorc joins, Dark...something or other. He joined and entered while I was halfway towards raising the original party. He decided to get the hideout optional...then dies. I get the rest of the part up and sorc releases/reenters. Hm...Ok. There was no discussion about reentering. About 2 minutes after reentering he dies/releases/reenters....then he ragequits.

The fighter and I finished the quest. I went ahead and took the xp hit to help him complete.

Thst was nice of you Huh

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #3144 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 10:09am
Print Post  
strawberrybacon wrote on Dec 15th, 2011 at 10:04am:
Thst was nice of you Huh

Oh, yeah, and the sorc took my dog's soulstone, too.

IP Logged

Infant
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3145 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 8:22pm:
hmm im wary of ER as i met a couple that were douches, they played well but were just annoying to listen tho ill say there one that was alright . thing is i know if there to many of em in the pug u not gonna even get a roll on loot so i tend to avoid em.

is only one dickhead i avoid , cant recall his name offhand, i tend to recognize his voice. i use to do lots of epic late-nights with him

hes from discount hirelings. he plays well but his damn mouth never shuts the fuck up. he thinks everyone's a dumb-ass and that hes the only good player plus his accent grates on my fkin nerves seriously after too many runs with him i wanted to do like my avatar  Shocked

um... what?

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #3146 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Better luck than I it seems.  TR'ing 4 of my toons right now and they are all at the point of doing that series.  Groups are scarce for that one.  Already gave up and solo'd one of my toons through it on elite.   Seems the ac needed in there is rather high.  So for the first time since playing I used a hireling.

I guess it couldn't be a bad thing.  But I've been long accustomed to not needing the hirelings.  I'd rather just run it in a group.  Yet people tend to fear that chain as much as Reaver's Refuge on Elite.  Which...  Undecided

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3147 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Dec 15th, 2011 at 6:17pm:
Better luck than I it seems.  TR'ing 4 of my toons right now and they are all at the point of doing that series.  Groups are scarce for that one.  Already gave up and solo'd one of my toons through it on elite.   Seems the ac needed in there is rather high.  So for the first time since playing I used a hireling.

What levels are they?  I have a TR'd FvS at level 9 and a cleric at 13.  I only have one of your characters on my friends list.  I will totally run with you, sucka!

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #3148 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What levels are they?  I have a TR'd FvS at level 9 and a cleric at 13.  I only have one of your characters on my friends list.  I will totally run with you, sucka!

I have a lvl 9 arty....

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #3149 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Oak and I have our TR's (Wiz and arti, resp.) at level 10 that have been quite solidly ignored since Skyrim.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 215
Send TopicPrint