Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 215 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Top 5 players you would never run with. (Read 931580 times)
Infant
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Top 5 players you would never run with.
Reply #3825 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 5:47pm:
Last I ended up in a group with him in Abbot, he immediately started talking about how proud he is that he's ripped so many people off in trades by using bait and switch. He then proceeded to yap over and over even after the leader asked him to shut up so he and Maxwell could hear each other work out goggles.

He's a useless asshole.

Yes. He doesn't stop talking. Not only I avoid LfMs led by him, but also lfms where he is in the group. I think, until now, he is the only one on Khyber.

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #3826 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 9:16am:
Who needs buffs besides fire to make it down the hall to the DQ?  Arcanes should be spamming Haste anyway because the Efriti's cast slow.  This is like buffing for Part 1 of the Shroud.

but...doesnt fom take care of the slow debuff? 2 divines and/or a bard can easily throw that out in a few seconds. on my arcane it's haste and you're on your own whilst i spam cold aoe's

Ungood wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Queens don't have dicks.

Atenhotep wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:56am:
I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #3827 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 9:16am:
Who needs buffs besides fire to make it down the hall to the DQ?  Arcanes should be spamming Haste anyway because the Efriti's cast slow.  This is like buffing for Part 1 of the Shroud.

Fire and FoM. That way you only have to cast Haste once. Wink

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #3828 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Infant wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 9:51am:
Yes. He doesn't stop talking. Not only I avoid LfMs led by him, but also lfms where he is in the group. I think, until now, he is the only one on Khyber.

I'm actually a bit surprised that he finds groups to run endgame content with.  I remember this guy from a VON 5/6 at level run.  Had to squelch him while waiting for the group to fill.  He was loud, annoying, and going on an on about nothing in particular. 

The arguing with me about the dc's required to use the levers/disarm traps I dealt with just fine.  What got me was the non stop singing of random songs in what sounded like the churchlady of SNL skits.  It was too much.  I've avoided him ever since.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #3829 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
I just started a spreadsheet. Sigh. The politicking needed to get along with the end game raiding people gets silly.

O can't be in a group with A. N can't be in a group with less experienced people. T is a casual stoner, don't let him do anything important. F and B hate my guts but some of their guildies don't.

And this is from less than two weeks. I'm sure I'm not even beginning to scratch the surface.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2012 at 6:53pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #3830 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 6:53pm:
I just started a spreadsheet. Sigh. The politicking needed to get along with the end game raiding people gets silly.

O can't be in a group with A. N can't be in a group with less experienced people. T is a casual stoner, don't let him do anything important. F and B hate my guts but some of their guildies don't.

And this is from less than two weeks. I'm sure I'm not even beginning to scratch the surface.

Post it here for editing.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3831 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
furbyoats wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 10:03am:
but...doesnt fom take care of the slow debuff? 2 divines and/or a bard can easily throw that out in a few seconds. on my arcane it's haste and you're on your own whilst i spam cold aoe's

If you don't have fom, then put on kundarak boots, or hey, after the haste put on your boots of anchoring.  You'll stay hasted and the slow effect will be blocked.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #3832 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:59am
Print Post  

Thank goodness I don't have to deal with shit like that. Wow.

IP Logged

Deathdefy
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3833 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 1:30am
Print Post  
Zyorl.

The lfm description of "Hard Vod have >300 hp" should have put me off.

He didn't know where the pressure plates to open the flame wall in the sub were and I'm convinced he'd never run it before based on his many attempts to wail the first 4 red named orthons.

EDIT:  Actually he doesn't have enough wizard levels to cast wail?  Our group may not have ben top-notch in general.

Oh, and we had no tank.  Some poor pug volunteered, but he was not geared for it.  His excitement at hitting 50AC when buffed foreshadowed the quick wipe.  I think we got Suulo to 90%ish before the 2 clerics were completely OOM.

"Hard need Meatshield" is up right now on Khyber if you're up for some masochism.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2012 at 1:34am by Deathdefy »  

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #3834 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 2:16am
Print Post  
Last I ended up in a group with him in Abbot, he immediately started talking about how proud he is that he's ripped so many people off in trades by using bait and switch. He then proceeded to yap over and over even after the leader asked him to shut up so he and Maxwell could hear each other work out goggles.He's a useless asshole.

Maxwell Edison wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 5:50pm:
I did goggles drunk!  And I led that guy through to the otherside whilst drunk!  Drunk abbot is fun.
Mrs. Quirrel is an ass.

Yeah sorry our guild quit after that - we were discussing who to reform with and he put up his own LFM and was inviting us. I was tired of dealing with assholes like him and said I was done for awhile. Beni was going off on "that muppet" for awhile after that.
One of the very few who I put on my "friends" list.

Speaking of which, did you see his LFM that he was on his 19 fighter and wanted "TR'd PM Only" to do all of Shav on ELITE? He was paying 100K per person. I don't trust him to pay up. I wanted to call him Axer Jr. but I didn't want to insult Axer that way.

IP Logged

Darkshire
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3835 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Deathdefy wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 1:30am:
Zyorl.

I'm not familiar with the 12 wiz/6 ftr/2 rog build. It apparently is an actual build with some purpose, but the elfcrafted chain armor with 25% spell failure is a real headscratcher. Along with the necklace of protection +5 (33 ac, woo). It's not terribly surprising he wasn't quite on the ball for leading a VoD.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #3836 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 6:34am
Print Post  

Bah...

I just join groups and find out by experience.  Most of the time, it's fun.  Now and then you run into the 'special' people though. Grin

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #3837 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 6:34am:
Bah...

I just join groups and find out by experience.  Most of the time, it's fun.  Now and then you run into the 'special' people though. Grin

A lot comes down to knowing which stuff you can "Gamble" on as well.  I mean, if you're in the mood for whatever, you can join any Norm/Hard at level quest and pretty much any Norm raid (Abbot, LoB and maybe hound being the exceptions).  It's usually better to run into the special people in say a norm shroud which you'll complete anyway so you can make a note to avoid when that Evon6 is up later.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #3838 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:59am:
Thank goodness I don't have to deal with shit like that. Wow.

Do you only do guild runs or what? Can't believe you don't have to deal with these same people.

That I put groups together when I want to run something does make it worse for me.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:31pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #3839 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:20pm:
Do you only do guild runs or what? Can't believe you don't have to deal with these same people.

That I put groups together when I want to run something does make it worse for me.

Yeah 95% guild runs. The other 5% I get in the QE runs.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #3840 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 2:16am:
Yeah sorry our guild quit after that - we were discussing who to reform with and he put up his own LFM and was inviting us. I was tired of dealing with assholes like him and said I was done for awhile. Beni was going off on "that muppet" for awhile after that.
One of the very few who I put on my "friends" list.

Speaking of which, did you see his LFM that he was on his 19 fighter and wanted "TR'd PM Only" to do all of Shav on ELITE? He was paying 100K per person. I don't trust him to pay up. I wanted to call him Axer Jr. but I didn't want to insult Axer that way.

No, I didn't see his LFM. Probably best I didn't. Good lord, what a prick.

I don't understand. Why would you do all that work? If you want to run something, put up an LFM, take the people you like running with, and everyone can deal with it or not. There's no reason you have to sort out everyone's little issues.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #3841 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:17pm:
I don't understand. Why would you do all that work? If you want to run something, put up an LFM, take the people you like running with, and everyone can deal with it or not. There's no reason you have to sort out everyone's little issues.

This is the first time in a couple years I've done the end game grind. I don't really know any of the grinders, I'm equally unknown to them, and I'm still learning the raids. I pretty much have to deal with whatever I can get as far as joining or forming PUGs. If I want to fill groups, complete stuff, and avoid any more people than necessary shunning me in the future, I do have to deal with it.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #3842 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:58pm:
This is the first time in a couple years I've done the end game grind. I don't really know any of the grinders, I'm equally unknown to them, and I'm still learning the raids. I pretty much have to deal with whatever I can get as far as joining or forming PUGs. If I want to fill groups, complete stuff, and avoid any more people than necessary shunning me in the future, I do have to deal with it.

what server?

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #3843 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 10:41pm:
what server?

The (reputedly?) gimpy one.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #3844 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:31am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:58pm:

Meh. Too much work. What I did was just find some people I do like running with and stick to that. If I feel like I have patience some nights, I pug. Trying to triangulate the perfect non-conflict group makes it too much of a job.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #3845 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:31am:
Meh. Too much work. What I did was just find some people I do like running with and stick to that. If I feel like I have patience some nights, I pug. Trying to triangulate the perfect non-conflict group makes it too much of a job.

I was being a little dramatic, I do find it worthwhile. It's not about trying to make a near-perfect group, it's dodging avoidable sources of failure. I could just keep a flat "do not group" list but that'd keep me out of most groups; there's a fair number of people that are bad under some circumstances and fine in others.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #3846 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 1:55am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:19am:
The (reputedly?) gimpy one.

Not sure which one, we at Khyber think all of the other servers are gimpy, and a lot of our own server too.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Kracky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3847 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Yeah with top end pug quests/raids on Khyber its kinda like getting your face known. Keep your head down and avoid confrontation and after a few runs where you do your job fine they will remember the name and you will get onboard more and more regularly

I can almost tell straight away if a quest is likely to succeed just by looking at the first few names.

Normally their isnt any conflicts if you join a guild run. I mean if you join one of Axers groups you know exactly what your going to get and if you dont like it dont apply. Same applies to ER,Wanderlust,Pilchards etc

Anything put up by a top ten guild has a very high chance of succeeding

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #3848 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Kracky wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 8:56am:
Yeah with top end pug quests/raids on Khyber its kinda like getting your face known. Keep your head down and avoid confrontation and after a few runs where you do your job fine they will remember the name and you will get onboard more and more regularly

I can almost tell straight away if a quest is likely to succeed just by looking at the first few names.

Normally their isnt any conflicts if you join a guild run. I mean if you join one of Axers groups you know exactly what your going to get and if you dont like it dont apply. Same applies to ER,Wanderlust,Pilchards etc

Anything put up by a top ten guild has a very high chance of succeeding 

QFT

Oh, and I'm adding that sometimes it may help to get known as the comic relief that sometimes helps with the actual quest at hand...I know that works for me!

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Crazeee
Waterworks Kobold

I Am Drama!

Reply #3849 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Last I ended up in a group with him in Abbot, he immediately started talking about how proud he is that he's ripped so many people off in trades by using bait and switch. He then proceeded to yap over and over even after the leader asked him to shut up so he and Maxwell could hear each other work out goggles.

He's a useless asshole.

First time I ran with MRsquirrel was on a taps farming run. I was close to my 20 taps, but another player in the party needed more. Mr. S. pulled taps from every chest, while the other two of us didn't. He then started to talk the other guy into trades and asked for some items. Imho he was asking for way too much. I was just about to squelch him for his annoying blather when something funny happend...

Mr. S to the other player: "Hey, you have to give me something for those. It's not like I'm giving them away"
Mr. S opens a trade window with me, puts some taps inside and clicks accept.
I took the taps, recalled and still heard them discussing ridiculous prices for the taps till I dropped the party  Grin

Next time I met him was for a ToD run, already 10 people in the party. Mr. S joins, people start dropping the party. 3 minutes later he had lead and only 2 other people in his party. His lfm was up for hours...

Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one... but they all stink.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 215
Send TopicPrint