Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 215 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Top 5 players you would never run with. (Read 932039 times)
ahti
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Top 5 players you would never run with.
Reply #3975 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
He might not run that quest, you know. At least not on that character.

I plan on making a WF acid savant with crappy DCs, who will have little to no capabilities beyond DoT damage and minor CC/Necro (ottos irresistible, PW:K, and probably ~35 DC for everything else). Why? Because I thought it would be fun, and I already have a DC based sorc planned.

Edit: My only issue after looking at that page is that he appears to be an Air Savant. WTF would you make a crap-DC air sav?

why not make char based sorc and do bought ? wf sorc = same as drow barb, start 16 char or 16 str

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #3976 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 6:47pm:
So when you say a low DC sorc is useless in epics, what you really mean is that you want a caster or divine to solo eDA for you while you run around and look busy?

To be fair, Crows character does look a bit gimp.  I'd never looked him up before and wouldn't have guessed it was like that based on what I'd seen (Although I've mostly run in all caster raids with him where other people are in charge of CC type stuff).

I don't think there's any argument really that toon is useless as the only arcane in any epic that needs some CC. 

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

ahti
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3977 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 6:47pm:
So when you say a low DC sorc is useless in epics, what you really mean is that you want a caster or divine to solo eDA for you while you run around and look busy?

my toons are almost 100% geared out, and i use all abilitys and skills is possible to get, my point is crowsir is only 30% what he shold be able to be on caster, its like bard who is not build for fashinate, exactly same thing

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #3978 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
I can't even... Don't expect a non-CC toon to fill a CC role.  There is no law stating every arcane must be CC focused or that you can only have one.  Hell if you're pugging a crowd controller for an epic quest you really can't complain about what you accept.  Even worse if the LFM/leader doesn't specify the need for crowd control over DPS in the first place.

IP Logged

ahti
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3979 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:06pm:
I can't even... Don't expect a non-CC toon to fill a CC role.  There is no law stating every arcane must be CC focused or that you can only have one.  Hell if you're pugging a crowd controller for an epic quest you really can't complain about what you accept.  Even worse if the LFM/leader doesn't specify the need for crowd control over DPS in the first place.

all cc u need is mass hold web and disco , irresistabkle so that 4 spells of 32 it realy hard to fit in in your DPS SORC ?
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:28pm by ahti »  

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3980 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
ahti wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:05pm:
my toons are almost 100% geared out, and i use all abilitys and skills is possible to get, my point is crowsir is only 30% what he shold be able to be on caster, its like bard who is not build for fashinate, exactly same thing

Lots of people don't build a bard to fascinate.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #3981 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 12:27pm:
"I'm bored is anyone else bored?"

The last three VoD/HoX runs that I was in, I got bored while waiting for people to finally get their asses into the Sub and I typed into party chat, "I'm getting bored, I'm going to go kill living spells and skeleton giants.  Don't follow me if you think you'll get killed."

Each time, at least one person said something like "oh, we're starting?" and three people followed me and got killed.

I don't know if I should keep doing that because I really do get bored and it's funny or if I should stop because it's a pain in the ass to wait for them to get back into the sub when the party leader gets everyone to wait for their moronic asses to eat/drink in the tavern and rebuff.

fnord

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #3982 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Lots of people don't build a bard to fascinate.

I can understand that.  If you build a Bard at all, though, you'll have enough DC to fascinate just about anything just by having Bard levels at all.  You don't have to build for it to get a ridiculously high DC.  You just have to remember to put it on a hotbar and use it occasionally.

fnord

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3983 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:28pm:
I can understand that.  If you build a Bard at all, though, you'll have enough DC to fascinate just about anything just by having Bard levels at all.  You don't have to build for it to get a ridiculously high DC.  You just have to remember to put it on a hotbar and use it occasionally.

My bard is a dwarfy warchanter.  All str and con, minimal charisma, but she has no problem fascinating epic mobs.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #3984 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
ahti wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:22pm:
all cc u need is mass hold web and disco , irresistabkle so that 4 spells of 32 it realy hard to fit in in your DPS SORC ?

Well from the MyDDO there it really looks like he's set up to DoT tank.  If my main focus was on dps/tanking with my sorc rather than CC I wouldn't really care about the DC's on my fucking disco balls or web outside of a greater enchant/conj item.  You seem mad that this guy is not you and does not build toons like you do.  Did you actually run with him and have a problem or do you just not like the way that MyDDO snapshot looks?
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:33pm by Maxwell Edison »  

IP Logged

kmack
Shroud Slacker

Reply #3985 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:33pm:
Did you actually run with him and have a problem

Nah, Crow's pretty solid to run with. Anyone who can consistently put together PUGS to run successful epics is alright by me.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #3986 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
kmack wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:41pm:
Nah, Crow's pretty solid to run with. Anyone who can consistently put together PUGS to run successful epics is alright by me.

That's the experience I've had with him as well.  Generally he runs mostly caster runs where not being able to do traditonal solo caster jobs isn't that big of a deal.  I'm not sure if the greivance is from running with him or just a misinformed QQ on MyDDO.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #3987 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
junkyarddog wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 1:52pm:
haha, hes the one that "banned" me. He didnt like me clearing part 2 on my wizzy then /sleeping on the rock when they finally decided to zone in then going again (against his "orders") into part 4. I was again /sleeping at the feet of the last stoned devil while they all cried about not having GH. It ended up being a 30 minute run and they were all amazed how fast (ouch) it was.

It was easy to do when my toons were spread out over 4 guilds but now with all in BfaGs he seems to be cautious to let Bfags in his runs

Grin Grin Grin

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Northwind
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3988 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
ahti wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 6:49pm:
why not make char based sorc and do bought ? wf sorc = same as drow barb, start 16 char or 16 str

Drow don't get a Strength penalty.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #3989 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:54pm:
That's the experience I've had with him as well.  Generally he runs mostly caster runs where not being able to do traditonal solo caster jobs isn't that big of a deal.  I'm not sure if the greivance is from running with him or just a misinformed QQ on MyDDO.

Yeah. Crowsir's mostly a dot tanker as far as I can tell (bear in mind I am not that au fait with arcanes really, still getting to grips with mine).

I like him. He's fun to run with.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #3990 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Edit: My only issue after looking at that page is that he appears to be an Air Savant. WTF would you make a crap-DC air sav?

Wind Dance.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #3991 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 9:29pm:
Wind Dance.

Which is incredibly helpful on a DoT tank build, yes? Tongue

I'm not saying it's not a bad ability (I personally loved it on Wyl), but when you are going for a low-DC build it's better to spec in Acid or Water where there are more no-DC spells. Air is the most DC-intensive specialization available.

IP Logged

Infant
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3992 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
ahti wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 6:32pm:
i dont know why usless wf 27 char sorcs running epics with no dc , no dc for nuke no dc for cc, f usless!
http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/crowsir/

Crowsir is at teh very least a solid player from what I can tell about him. He doesnt try to fill CC spots, but is rather based on DPS and tanking. And he does a good job.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #3993 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
i dont know why usless wf 27 char sorcs running epics with no dc , no dc for nuke no dc for cc, f usless!

Haha you're dumb.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #3994 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My bard is a dwarfy warchanter.  All str and con, minimal charisma, but she has no problem fascinating epic mobs.

OMG YOU HAVE TO RUN WITH WARCRYE SOMETIME! IT WOULD BE THE BESTAMEST!
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2012 at 10:22pm by »  

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #3995 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 10:25pm
Print Post  

Come on dude, you are better than that. Either you have never run with Crowsir or are looking for something to bitch about because you have heard his name being thrown around.

His all blur bar epic runs are always fun and he is pretty care free. CC/instakill on Kokaisa while he nukes and see how fast the quest goes before you judge.

Unless there is some juicy drama we do not know about? Sad

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3996 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
What's a 'dot tanker' tho? How does dumping your DCs to get 40 extra HP help anyone? :\

I have no issues 'dot tanking' on my wiz which can also solo cc almost anything in the game Huh

Even if you don't use stuff like Otiluke's/Ball lightning there's still SLAs which are insanely good dps/sp with proper DCs
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2012 at 10:49pm by sweez »  

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #3997 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 10:47pm:
What's a 'dot tanker' tho? How does dumping your DCs to get 40 extra HP help anyone? :\

I have no issues 'dot tanking' on my wiz which can also solo cc almost anything in the game Huh

Even if you don't use stuff like Otiluke's/Ball lightning there's still SLAs which are insanely good dps/sp with proper DCs

It's like playing the Blitz, but caster-version, with decent range and self healing.

IP Logged

NotMyDDOName
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3998 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 6:45pm:
I've ran with Crowsir.  He's better than his build suggests, but yeah, if he's the only Arcane in EDA in charge of CC, then that isn't going to end well.

He always has LFM's up for arcane/divine-only epics and raids and they always seem to go fine.
« Last Edit: Feb 29th, 2012 at 8:01am by NotMyDDOName »  

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3999 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Quote:
It's like playing the Blitz, but caster-version, with decent range and self healing.

No, it's like playing Blitz, but using +3 flaming of Reptilian Bane daggers because you think they're cool, and taking power critical over stunning blow because it's UBER LEET.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 215
Send TopicPrint