Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 215 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Top 5 players you would never run with. (Read 930941 times)
cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Re: Top 5 players you would never run with.
Reply #4300 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Magentaelvis. Bow-using FVS/ranger splash, party leader. I frenzied on the boss of Missing assuming I was going to get at least *a* heal, but at that point I learned a) he *refuses* to heal anyone but himself b) he purposely parked his FVS hire outside the boss room.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #4301 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Gameover from Knights of Winterfall.  I wouldn't go as far as saying I wouldn't join his group again (I'm not really that fussy), just he ran a Shroud earlier that had a lot of comedy value.

I was on my Undergeared monk (So basically piking) and Groan from the revs joins.  The leader then starts asking him for his reasoning for not being a capstone FVS and that any kind of splash was surely gimptastic (Not his exact words, but you get the drift).

Groan had his headphones off so didn't really hear the stuff, but went on to semi solo the raid while Gameover was trying to micromanage at the rear.

So yeah, not so much a don't run with this guy, more a join his groups if you're in a "I could do with a laugh" kind of mood.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4302 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
I ran with Gameover and a bunch of the Knights of Winterfell the other evening in a LoB run.  They needed a kiter, because apparently kiting is so hard...

Anyways, the guy wouldn't shut up and spoke of everything as if it were all fact and was wrong on several topics.  He seems to be a "pure class only" guy and has no insight that you can make just as good of a toon with a multiclass as you can with a pure class.  I'm a purist at heart, but even I know multiclass toons rock.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4303 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:32pm:
I ran with Gameover and a bunch of the Knights of Winterfell the other evening in a LoB run.  They needed a kiter, because apparently kiting is so hard...

Anyways, the guy wouldn't shut up and spoke of everything as if it were all fact and was wrong on several topics.  He seems to be a "pure class only" guy and has no insight that you can make just as good of a toon with a multiclass as you can with a pure class.  I'm a purist at heart, but even I know multiclass toons rock.  Roll Eyes

I ran with this giant tardis today in shroud. Many highlights, but the best was he put "Groan-1" on his list.Hahahaha Nick got banned from Knights of Wintefail runs.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2012 at 4:48pm by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #4304 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 4:47pm:
tardis

Huh

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #4305 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 4:47pm:
I ran with this giant tardis today in shroud. Many highlights, but the best was he put "Groan-1" on his list.Hahahaha Nick got banned from Knights of Wintefail runs.

Lolwut?

Oh man I really want to get back in game now and look these guys up. Awesome!

Give us more details of the run pls? How precisely did Nick earn such ire?

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #4306 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Lolwut?

Oh man I really want to get back in game now and look these guys up. Awesome!

Give us more details of the run pls? How precisely did Nick earn such ire?

He wasn't listening to the leader and basically solo'd everything as a HOrc splashed FvS.

IP Logged

Infant
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4307 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Quote:
HOrc splashed FvS.

18 levels of Fvs with 2 levels of Horc? Man, that build is gimp...

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4308 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Infant wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 6:00am:
18 levels of Fvs with 2 levels of Horc? Man, that build is gimp...

Lol

Seriously though.

He had more kills than the entire party combined. I loved it when Gameover said "Kill count doesn't mean anything". I agree when the kill count is 6 to 10, but when you have 6 kills and the person you are complaining about has 68 kills....

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Infant
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4309 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 9:45am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 9:36am:
Lol

Seriously though.

He had more kills than the entire party combined. I loved it when Gameover said "Kill count doesn't mean anything". I agree when the kill count is 6 to 10, but when you have 6 kills and the person you are complaining about has 68 kills....

Everybody knows how the most gimped multiclass characters and rogues are the best kill-stealers!

On a serious note: We have quite a few guilds on Khyber with people TRYING to lead raids decently (giving directions, assigning roles, etc.), but without the needed knowledge of game mechanics. When an experienced vet joins, who doesn't want to play along/be nice/wait for explanations (who wants to wait in a Shroud?), wonderful things happen which fill this thread.

Conclusion: Join more raids of Winterfell/Kern/DRB/SoJ/etc. and post here afterwards.

Infant

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4310 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Infant wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 9:45am:
Conclusion: Join more raids of Winterfell/Kern/DRB/SoJ/etc. and post here afterwards.

Hmmm

I join a lot of shrouds ran by those folks. This time it was a little more than inexperience in play.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4311 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 9:55am
Print Post  
who wants to wait in a Shroud?

Waaaay too many people.  Embarrassed

On a semi-good note, waiting on blades is starting to fall through the wayside...or it might be because I go ahead and kill the final devil b/c I have no patience...n/m.

IP Logged

Nothingtoseehere
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4312 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:00am
Print Post  
The player in question joined one of my ToDs recently and when I mentioned that the Bowbarian was going to kite the Shadows, he nearly had a seizure and asked why one of the 3 arcanes wasn't doing it. He said "So what are the 3 arcanes doing here?", to which I replied "What are you doing here?". He then stated that he could solve that problem, dropped group and took his cleric friend with him.

We were already in and completed easily with only one healer. This guy has since made it on my "friends" list.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4313 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Nothingtoseehere wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:00am:
The player in question joined one of my ToDs recently and when I mentioned that the Bowbarian was going to kite the Shadows, he nearly had a seizure and asked why one of the 3 arcanes wasn't doing it. He said "So what are the 3 arcanes doing here?", to which I replied "What are you doing here?". He then stated that he could solve that problem, dropped group and took his cleric friend with him.

You are talking about Gameover?
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:06am by stainer »  

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #4314 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 9:55am:
Waaaay too many people.  Embarrassed

On a semi-good note, waiting on blades is starting to fall through the wayside...or it might be because I go ahead and kill the final devil b/c I have no patience...n/m.

I like it when they stone the last devil and say, "Don't kill him till the blades go away."  I run right up to it and shout, "QUIVERING PALM BITCH" and watch it die.  Then they get mad and I say, "Better get on arry!"

Ahh, this whole blade business has made shroud more entertaining.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #4315 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Wait, Khyber waits for the blades to go away? On norm even? First the godawful part 2 method, now this - you guys are the worst at Shroud.

On Sarlona you can join any pug and the trash will get wailed the instant it's up.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:12am by cdr »  

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4316 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:06am:
I run right up to it and shout, "QUIVERING PALM BITCH" and watch it die save.

FTFY  Smiley

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4317 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:18am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:12am:
Wait, Khyber waits for the blades to go away? On norm even? First the godawful part 2 method, now this - you guys are the worst at Shroud.

On Sarlona you can join any pug and the trash will get wailed the instant it's up.

Depends really.  Pure LFM pugs are this way, sadly.  Channel Shroud runs usually are done the the way you're describing.  It depends on the person leading and his/her patience.  That or that one guy that has no patience that forces everyone to move a little faster.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #4318 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:24am
Print Post  
The only time we don't wail everything in part 4 immediately is when we're on elite with more than 4 pugs in our group.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #4319 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:16am:
FTFY  Smiley

Maybe your monk.  My monk is awesome though.

No but really, I just run up and hit it a couple times and watch it die.  I have dreams of quivering palm being awesome, DON'T RUIN MY FANTASIES!  You don't wanna see me cry.... I mean get angry.  GRRRR!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4320 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Sad

IP Logged

Infant
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4321 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:00am
Print Post  

With one healer DC'd and one inexperienced healer left and/or if the PuG bites off more than it can handle by going in on hard, yes, I will wait for the blades to disappear. It's a superslow Shroud PuG, it has taken us 30 minutes to get to pt 4. I don't want to waste them by trying to complete one minute faster.

Quote:
Hmmm

I join a lot of shrouds ran by those folks. This time it was a little more than inexperience in play.

Look, when this guy, the party leader, has directed everything, assigned buffs and roles for pt.2 maintaining full illusion of authority, how is he supposed to admit when he said/did something wrong? How he is supposed to handle the situation where someone disregards his "orders" to wait for buffs and zergs off? So he starts talking bullshit about killcount not mattering, gimp multiclass builds, etc etc...

Infant

IP Logged

junkyarddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4322 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Everybody knows how the most gimped multiclass characters and rogues are the best kill-stealers!

On a serious note: We have quite a few guilds on Khyber with people TRYING to lead raids decently (giving directions, assigning roles, etc.), but without the needed knowledge of game mechanics. When an experienced vet joins, who doesn't want to play along/be nice/wait for explanations (who wants to wait in a Shroud?), wonderful things happen which fill this thread.

Infant

BUT, but, but.....I miss running with Seekers of Justice Cry Grin

Badlass, Dysfunctiona TFC: Badlazz, Slyfoxx, Gezer Banned from all guilds..
Ohwell, Supdoc, noname, badlassie, others OMGBIZZY

IP Logged

junkyarddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4323 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:22am
Print Post  

not all Khyber  Grin If im on my wizzy ill have part4 cleared and recently ill have harry down before most of the group is finished with their shard rolling Shocked

now if its a BfaG led raid then if you've lasted this far in, it should be expected. hell, tryin to beat that crazy monk we have in guild into part 4 can be challenging Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:29am by junkyarddog »  

Badlass, Dysfunctiona TFC: Badlazz, Slyfoxx, Gezer Banned from all guilds..
Ohwell, Supdoc, noname, badlassie, others OMGBIZZY

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4324 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Infant wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:00am:
How he is supposed to handle the situation where someone disregards his "orders" to wait for buffs and zergs off?

I see you have made an assumption that happened.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 215
Send TopicPrint