Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 215 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Top 5 players you would never run with. (Read 929845 times)
junkyarddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Top 5 players you would never run with.
Reply #4450 - May 8th, 2012 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 2:37am:
Netheriem.
He is an elitist prick (odd coming from me right?) and will always expect people to know the way to the quest, know the quest, and will get angry if people dont.  He also laughs uncontrollably sometimes.  This is known as the giggles - his reference.  This usually happens at the mockery of some random player.  usually a moron.  I repeat, don't group with him unless you are prepared.

haha, i grouped with one of his alts once....real ass clown Grin

Badlass, Dysfunctiona TFC: Badlazz, Slyfoxx, Gezer Banned from all guilds..
Ohwell, Supdoc, noname, badlassie, others OMGBIZZY

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #4451 - May 8th, 2012 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Grace wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 12:29am:
OMG people. If you can't even hold aggro on eGaros from my freakin rogue that has never ever ever had aggro issues, you should reroll. Like, in life.

I always use reduce threat gear and subtle backstabbing anyway, and that is always enough with maybe the occasional diplo. Noooo not for these guys. Garos was terrified of my little halfling rogue and completely ignored the pally and tempest. He even ignored the wiz and fvs, except for when he oneshotted the wiz and went back to beating on me.

Then they asked if I wanted to run eSmall Problem. I can't imagine how that could have gone badly in any way.

Party was Muahdiib, Eddeiy, Gieger, and Kaiylla. House P epics should not be that hard.

Where did you find such a band of misfits?  Most of them shouldn't be allowed to spell Epic.

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/gieger/

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4452 - May 8th, 2012 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 9:55am:
Where did you find such a band of misfits?  Most of them shouldn't be allowed to spell Epic.

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/gieger/

Hey remove fear clickies are almost not a total waste of inventory space, almost. Probably he only equipped it because it looks cool or something.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4453 - May 8th, 2012 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Guild name says it all really Grin

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4454 - May 8th, 2012 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Azuphle wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 10:08am:
Hey remove fear clickies are almost not a total waste of inventory space, almost. Probably he only equipped it because it looks cool or something.

I'm guessing he usually wears Minos Legens there, since it shows a whopping 10% fortification on the page. But still, remove fear clicky?  Odd to see that on a level 20.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #4455 - May 8th, 2012 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
And by defensive you mean "I GOT TO LEVEL 20 I AM UBERZ NOW JUST LIKE YOU SO SHUT UP DON'T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY!", right?

Correct

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #4456 - May 8th, 2012 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 12:23pm:
Correct

K. That is also my strategy.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4457 - May 8th, 2012 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 12:37pm:
Always amusing when there's a TOD lfm or whatever with four fighters in it and "NEED TANK". Or three wizards and "NEED KITER".

Our server has a ton off sub 500 hp fighters and paly's.  I've tanked Sully on my 600 hp kensai, but never horoth.  I would tank him if need be, but I don't have ac, just about 200% amp.  Sure you can use just about anyone to tank, but it's never bad to find someone built for it.  Much easier on the divines.

IP Logged

Nothingtoseehere
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4458 - May 8th, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Anyone run with Darkeyez? Apparently he has a habit of going AFk or dropping from groups and then apologises by saying something like: "Sorry, the cops were at my door cos there was a murder two doors down".

All I can say is either there are a lot of people living two doors down from him, or he lives near a rather sordid butcher.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #4459 - May 8th, 2012 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Nothingtoseehere wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 4:50pm:
Anyone run with Darkeyez? Apparently he has a habit of going AFk or dropping from groups and then apologises by saying something like: "Sorry, the cops were at my door cos there was a murder two doors down".

All I can say is either there are a lot of people living two doors down from him, or he lives near a rather sordid butcher.

I love having kids - in a really crappy group I can beat one, have him scream into the mic, tell everyone "AFK - kid fell into the alligator pit" and go smoke & get a new drink & then check to see if the group completed without me or failed & broke up

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #4460 - May 8th, 2012 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 5:03pm:
I love having kids - in a really crappy group I can beat one, have him scream into the mic, tell everyone "AFK - kid fell into the alligator pit" and go smoke & get a new drink & then check to see if the group completed without me or failed & broke up

That is fucking amazeballs!  Grin

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #4461 - May 8th, 2012 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Nothingtoseehere wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 4:50pm:

He is the sordid butcher. Sprinkle some crack on him. Open and shut case.
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2012 at 5:16pm by Sham »  

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #4462 - May 8th, 2012 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 6:57am:
I think the key to your bad experience lies in the names.  I've been in the same party as two of the names you mentioned.  They left me with the impression that they were ungeared capped characters.  But ones that got to cap very quickly.  Basic things that should be common knowledge were not there.

Seems to me that since they opened the xp floodgates that there are a lot of new players washing ashore in epics instead of the harbor.  They can't compensate due to lack of gear, lack of game knowledge.  It can be frustrating running these players sometimes.  Many of them are rather... defensive.

IIRC (given that I've been trying to forget the experience), they were all TRs. I can totally understand being undergeared at first cap. But second? Damn.

Eladiun wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 9:55am:

I was about to go to sleep, saw an lfm for eSnitch, and thought, "Eh, I can grab an easy epic before bed. It doesn't even matter who's in the group, how hard can it be?"

Apparently really fucking hard.

ETA: I just looked at the myDDO link. OMFG. Base Phiarlan Mirror Cloak? I am crying.
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2012 at 6:22pm by Grace »  

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #4463 - May 8th, 2012 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 6:19pm:
IIRC (given that I've been trying to forget the experience), they were all TRs. I can totally understand being undergeared at first cap. But second? Damn.

I have this one guy in my guild, he did a TR the moment he hit 20. His character is a dragonmarked elf archmage. The reason he picked archmage was so he could cast resist energy for 3 sp. He is the second most active person in my guild. This is how awesome my guild is.
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2012 at 7:04pm by JC »  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #4464 - May 8th, 2012 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 7:02pm:
I have this one guy in my guild, he did a TR the moment he hit 20. His character is a dragonmarked elf archmage. The reason he picked archmage was so he could cast resist energy for 3 sp. He is the second most active person in my guild. This is how awesome my guild is.

There's a lot of folk like this about. It's particularly frustrating when you encounter a newbie with enthusiasm and energy and no idea how to play their class, you give them some help and then see they've TRed into something else 3 days later, because they've been told TR is where it's at...

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #4465 - May 8th, 2012 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 7:02pm:

That is amazeballs!

IP Logged

Enoach
Korthos Resident

Paladins, Wizards and
Clerics Oh my!

Reply #4466 - May 9th, 2012 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 7:06pm:
There's a lot of folk like this about. It's particularly frustrating when you encounter a newbie with enthusiasm and energy and no idea how to play their class, you give them some help and then see they've TRed into something else 3 days later, because they've been told TR is where it's at...

The reason most see TR'ng vs staying at CAP to gear as an option is that, one some gearing takes a lot of dedication (Shroud, Raids, Epics), two if they TR most won't notice that they lack gear until around 11th level, where many of us start pulling out all the GS Items that we have been waiting to get our hands back on.

However, Crafting has also allowed many to get by even further.

I do have to remind myself that these people are the other side of the extreme many of us went through - Being forced to play at level 10,  14,  16 and finally 20th level for long stretches.  The only thing we had was Looting and skill building and Alts to occupy our time.

Now, they have perpetual leveling at the sacrifice of actually getting gear that would help them do it better or make them viable contributions to any party.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4467 - May 9th, 2012 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Huh? Until you're trying to get that last 1% out of your gear layouts (basically only +4 tomes and some desert items) raiding and gearing out is by far the easier and more time effective way of improving a toon Huh

IP Logged

Kalatai
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4468 - May 9th, 2012 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Examples of TRs without gear would be those that were Charisma based Barbarians.  Or just those that didn't like their build and don't want to grace the rest of the "endgame" with their gimpness. /shrug

Wings at the minimum mean you made it to 20 somehow and bought a wood from the store to try the run again....

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #4469 - May 10th, 2012 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Kalatai wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 10:59pm:
Examples of TRs without gear would be those that were Charisma based Barbarians.  Or just those that didn't like their build and don't want to grace the rest of the "endgame" with their gimpness. /shrug

Wings at the minimum mean you made it to 20 somehow and bought a wood from the store to try the run again....

Yes, but you are missing the point that they had two lives now to get some decent gear and were still running epics with gear that should have been ditched by midlevel. Better gear - not even uber gear, just decent for level - is not actually hard to find.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #4470 - May 10th, 2012 at 1:07am
Print Post  
I am probably on a few more people's friends lists now. I was invited to a PUG Blockade Buster by a guy I had been running with most of the night. You would think he would've gotten an idea about how I run.

When the first two ships exploded while the rest of the group was still dickering around on the first, the guy and another pugger were apoplectic. I should've warned them! (I told them they had 60 seconds). Didn't I know that they can't get chests now! (Who the hell cares about chests in an XP run?)

They recalled and reformed around me.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2012 at 1:07am by cdr »  

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #4471 - May 10th, 2012 at 1:21am
Print Post  
i pop into this thread periodically. every time i do i understand why Nick and those other guys switched to khyber. what is lacking in skill is made up in sheer numbers and unfocused enthusiasm. The Peoples Republic of Khyber a million people strong!

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #4472 - May 10th, 2012 at 1:58am
Print Post  
sweez wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 10:15pm:
Huh? Until you're trying to get that last 1% out of your gear layouts (basically only +4 tomes and some desert items) raiding and gearing out is by far the easier and more time effective way of improving a toon Huh

This.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #4473 - May 10th, 2012 at 4:05am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 1:21am:
i pop into this thread periodically. every time i do i understand why Nick and those other guys switched to khyber. what is lacking in skill is made up in sheer numbers and unfocused enthusiasm. The Peoples Republic of Khyber a million people strong!

That is what I like about khyber.  While I don't think the skill matches that of argos endgame, I am so rusty at the game from my ragequits I fit right in.  The numbers though, and the amount of people willing to do stuff is far greater then argo though.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4474 - May 10th, 2012 at 6:55am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on May 10th, 2012 at 1:21am:
what is lacking in skill is made up in sheer numbers and unfocused enthusiasm.

This is a pretty good description of khyber really Cheesy

Me excluded of course I am ubber and lack enthusiasm! Grin

Or maybe just the second part but hey
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2012 at 6:55am by sweez »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 215
Send TopicPrint