Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Guilds that suck....really bad.. w/server please (Read 84640 times)
Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Cannnith Keeper of the Faith
Reply #250 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Ashario wrote on Oct 10th, 2010 at 9:04am:
We are grateful for your feedback, it seems we need to encourage more interactions between our high and low lvl members.

Funny enough we just started a guild webpage(http://kotf.bestmmosite.com/) to help organizes more guild parties for just that reason but it's still in its infancy.

We have had 3 days were we focused on guild runs already and there was a great turn out for the 1st one.

-Ashario-

organising guild runs is one thing. teaching your members is another. if there is no one who knows how the run goes, who is teaching them the correct thing? my advice would be to get the higher level players, esp officers, to get into runs by others and see how stuff is done and then impart them to your guildies. now if your members are already experienced, then the experienced players should step forward and help more

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #251 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Oct 15th, 2010 at 10:38pm:
organising guild runs is one thing. teaching your members is another. if there is no one who knows how the run goes, who is teaching them the correct thing? my advice would be to get the higher level players, esp officers, to get into runs by others and see how stuff is done and then impart them to your guildies. now if your members are already experienced, then the experienced players should step forward and help more

They may borrow knowledge ... how I normally do things though - and takes a bit longer is first hand. When Shroud came out ... I flagged and I walked intot it and had a looksee myself.... I do that with every quest really. often first on Lammania these days.

When ToD came out I wager I was one of the few with boots at first  - I hated it, everyone standing around killing trash or whatnot when sulu dropped, a few of those early runs was but two maybe three on horoth a few times it was just me, mana sponge I felt. I suppose os ok, much time these days the kiter of part two is  the straw.

I like pugs ... what's interesting is you see many ways to do things, use their idea marry it with your own eventually everyone learns a little piece of each tosses the puzzle together and soon is streamlined.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2010 at 1:17am by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #252 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 1:11am:
I like pugs ... what's interesting is you see many ways to do things, use their idea marry it with your own eventually everyone learns a little piece of each tosses the puzzle together and soon is streamlined.

Nicely said. Just because it's the only way you've done it, doesn't mean it can't be done another way.

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Uhgungawa
King of the Vault

Life sucks, but she won't

Re: Guilds that suck....really bad.. w/server please
Reply #253 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Guildaphobe, cause that's where I parked all my toons  Smiley

When I think about me, I touch myself . Psst. Canada Sucks                

IP Logged

SilverFlameThrower
Korthos Resident

Banned without cause :D

Reply #254 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Rasczak wrote on Oct 4th, 2010 at 5:18am:
Only because they will most likely form on Ghallanda after the euro's hit...Blood Dark Sea....fear the incompetence like you fear anal on a trampoline
I had been playing on Keeper since (almost) the beginning, up to the (almost) "End of all hopes", and I remember many guilds/peeps starting playing there. I believe, according to peeps I used to know on CM forums, Devourer people are great too, and will be glad to pug with them on the same server.
What I must admit is: I am PROUD I had chosen to play on Keeper, because it was not just a server, but a FAMILY with greatest bunch one can meet.
I am familiar with all kinds of play style: from rpg, through rush (zerg) with Muppets, Vinos, & Talons, up to solo/duo/trio nasty stuff few levels higher than my/our actual level, playing with BDS(M) Cheesy peeps as well, finding them great to play with. Some time ago I noticed BDS bashing, and wonder how it started, as they are nice bunch as well... Anyone knows anything about it?
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2010 at 2:38pm by SilverFlameThrower »  

IP Logged

SilverFlameThrower
Korthos Resident

Banned without cause :D

Reply #255 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Oct 7th, 2010 at 10:41am:
977 members and their level was/is 51.

Totally unimpressed with the quality of players they are recruiting.  I am sure the top 20 players in the guild can play, and I am also sure these top 20 players NEVER play with anyone else in their guild.

People must be joining so they can have all the guild buffs, but these lowbies are absolutely clueless.  I have played with quite a few of their guild members at all levels.

And all these guild buffs don't help their play. 

A shame this guild thing does not really help players with the guild buffs.  If players have zero skills is just does not matter on the level of the guild.

Sounds like Monty Python's Flying Circus on Thelanis Sad
They fucking advertise their ship (level 50 atm) each week in LFM, just to grab new blood and the renown that goes with it, not caring to help them learn rather complex ddo game system.
Some time ago I played with skilled players, even added them, but lately it turned to a disaster.
A few days ago I had a pleasure to meet a caster in one of the endgames on elite, casting fw, without any idea on the art of kiting - in case he didn't missfire it, fire it on the wrong spot, or fire it when fight was almost ended and us very low on hp.
It was the latest example, but the one that made me blacklist the whole guild when I do whois check before applying for a pug...

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #256 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Uhgungawa wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 10:08pm:
Guildaphobe, cause that's where I parked all my toons  Smiley

No longer in ER??

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #257 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 12:48am
Print Post  
after this incident with Dirge (and has someone started recording that thread in Khyber marketplace) i am extremely unimpressed with the Helpers Guild on Khyber.

although it's not just this incident but multiple pugging and raiding incidents.

enough.

IP Logged

Uhgungawa
King of the Vault

Life sucks, but she won't

Reply #258 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:34pm:
No longer in ER??

Nah, with out a dought the best guild I have been in. But I just couldn't get behind the current direction it's going in.

I'm sure they'll be pissed at me for dropping, and will decline me for a while. But I knew that when I dropped.

When I think about me, I touch myself . Psst. Canada Sucks                

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #259 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Quote:
after this incident with Dirge (and has someone started recording that thread in Khyber marketplace) i am extremely unimpressed with the Helpers Guild on Khyber.

although it's not just this incident but multiple pugging and raiding incidents.

enough.

Two things can help you out here.

1. Offending members name.

2. Story and/or screenies where applicable. 

Its been said multiple times that if there is an issue with any of our members you can come to the officiers with it( several of which are here.)

I dont know the whole story about the thread in question because no one has named any names but I take it the griefier was a Helper? If so then the name would be good so we can take care of it or see if it has already been taken care of.

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #260 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 3:14am
Print Post  
SilverFlameThrower wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 2:06pm:
I had been playing on Keeper since (almost) the beginning, up to the (almost) "End of all hopes", and I remember many guilds/peeps starting playing there. I believe, according to peeps I used to know on CM forums, Devourer people are great too, and will be glad to pug with them on the same server.
What I must admit is: I am PROUD I had chosen to play on Keeper, because it was not just a server, but a FAMILY with greatest bunch one can meet.
I am familiar with all kinds of play style: from rpg, through rush (zerg) with Muppets, Vinos, & Talons, up to solo/duo/trio nasty stuff few levels higher than my/our actual level, playing with BDS(M) Cheesy peeps as well, finding them great to play with. Some time ago I noticed BDS bashing, and wonder how it started, as they are nice bunch as well... Anyone knows anything about it?

From personal experience only I'm afraid....as with every guild there are decent players (decent meaning good people) and skilled players.

From my experiences, a whole bunch of players that refused to listen and argued with the leader on how to do a raid/quest, dying permanently because of poor builds or generally piked because builds were not up to scratch.

So while I feel sorry for those who do deserve better recognition, my experiences on Keeper with them was hardly good.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #261 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 4:27am
Print Post  
woody wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 1:31am:
Two things can help you out here.

1. Offending members name.

2. Story and/or screenies where applicable. 

Its been said multiple times that if there is an issue with any of our members you can come to the officiers with it( several of which are here.)

I dont know the whole story about the thread in question because no one has named any names but I take it the griefier was a Helper? If so then the name would be good so we can take care of it or see if it has already been taken care of.

sorry but i've given up and just gently avoid them when i can when forming raids.

i will however start collecting names and detailing behaviours when i come across them in other groups to present to you here. and i don't think i'm being overly unreasonable or picky in what has led me to this position. a few stand out past instances that have highly stressed me and i just don't want to have anything to do with that again.

the thread concerning this incident above is still there and unlocked. it is however very incoherent and is wandering away from what happened as (i suspect) people not invovled speculate (wrongly) as to what happened.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #262 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Quote:

enough.

Quote:
sorry but i've given up and just gently avoid them when i can when forming raids.

i will however start collecting names and detailing behaviours when i come across them in other groups to present to you here. and i don't think i'm being overly unreasonable or picky in what has led me to this position. a few stand out past instances that have highly stressed me and i just don't want to have anything to do with that again.

the thread concerning this incident above is still there and unlocked. it is however very incoherent and is wandering away from what happened as (i suspect) people not invovled speculate (wrongly) as to what happened.

Really...   Is this all about one of your guildies getting his panties in a knot in the PvP pit?  Did you stroke his balls gently after the incident to make him feel better?

Seriously, PvP in this game is a fucking joke.  Anyone who takes it seriously enough to get upset over it is a fucking joke.   Anyone who starts filling reports because someone swore at them in the PVP pit is a a fucking joke.  Anyone who comes here to defend them is a fucking joke.

Honestly, if someone in our guild is causing an actually problem fill me in.  If this is the pissant shit you come up with, thank you drive through please. You deciding not to groups with us is no skin off our backs we don't fucking need your raids.  LOL... This thread is fail...   You are fail... 
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:59am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #263 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:59am:
Really...   Is this all about one of your guildies getting his panties in a knot in the PvP pit?  Did you stroke his balls gently after the incident to make him feel better?

Seriously, PvP in this game is a fucking joke.  Anyone who takes it seriously enough to get upset over it is a fucking joke.   Anyone who starts filling reports because someone swore at them in the PVP pit is a a fucking joke.  Anyone who comes here to defend them is a fucking joke.

Honestly, if someone in our guild is causing an actually problem fill me in.  If this is the pissant shit you come up with, thank you drive through please. You deciding not to groups with us is no skin off our backs we don't fucking need your raids.  LOL... This thread is fail...   You are fail... 

my my the angst comes out.

no. not about PvP. i really don't care about PvP and have spent approximately 30mins in total of my time in the PvP arenas mainly just watching 'cos it's interesting watching others but having no interest in participating.

yup. well aware you don't need my raids. your group is large and you can raid amongst yourselves. can't really understand why you're so upset here.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #264 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Quote:
my my the angst comes out.

no. not about PvP. i really don't care about PvP and have spent approximately 30mins in total of my time in the PvP arenas mainly just watching 'cos it's interesting watching others but having no interest in participating.

yup. well aware you don't need my raids. your group is large and you can raid amongst yourselves. can't really understand why you're so upset here.

I think you need a dictionary...

Angst - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
a feeling of anxiety, apprehension, or insecurity

...a better word would be annoyance.  You call us out in the Guilds that Suck thread.  Your only example is a PvP thread posted in the Khyber marketplace forums by one of your guildies.   Who makes himself look like a tool, BTW.

Why am I annoyed?  Well, Melinoob if I started posting about TFC in this thread but had zero to back it up with wouldn't you be.   I for one am done...with the sit here and take shit mode of handling things.  I'm proud of the changes that have been implemented in my guild,  I'm proud of the growth we have made, and I'm proud of the quality folks we have recruited over the last few months.

A lot of people have an impression of things that was formed in the spring and hasn't changed.  Some are jealous...but I ask you when you want to paint with the crappy guild brush...  when was the last time your guild ran two elite shrouds in the same night?

P.S.  I know the answer.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:17am by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #265 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:15am:
snip 

I see Helpers picked up Kreege. He is a pretty good player, and a good guy to run with.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #266 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:27am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:22am:
I see Helpers picked up Kreege. He is a pretty good player, and a good guy to run with.

Yep, he asked to join us the other day.  Over the last few months a number of experienced vets have joined, a number of names folks would recognize.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #267 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:27am:
Yep, he asked to join us the other day.  Over the last few months a number of experienced vets have joined, a number of names folks would recognize.

He is a good pick up for you guys. He will get a lot of your folks leveled, since he TR's every 2-3 weeks. Smiley

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #268 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:40am
Print Post  
I don't really care about the he-said-she-said argument going on here, but I do think the thread in Khyber market is pretty ridiculous.  If you report someone for a violation of the CoC, whatever the fuck the CoC is, should you in turn have disciplinary action taken against you?  It's bullshit.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #269 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:15am:
I think you need a dictionary...

Angst - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
a feeling of anxiety, apprehension, or insecurity

...a better word would be annoyance.  You call us out in the Guilds that Suck thread.  Your only example is a PvP thread posted in the Khyber marketplace forums by one of your guildies.   Who makes himself look like a tool, BTW.

Why am I annoyed?  Well, Melinoob if I started posting about TFC in this thread but had zero to back it up with wouldn't you be.   I for one am done...with the sit here and take shit mode of handling things.  I'm proud of the changes that have been implemented in my guild,  I'm proud of the growth we have made, and I'm proud of the quality folks we have recruited over the last few months.

A lot of people have an impression of things that was formed in the spring and hasn't changed.  Some are jealous...but I ask you when you want to paint with the crappy guild brush...  when was the last time your guild ran two elite shrouds in the same night?

P.S.  I know the answer. 

that's great. glad you're proud.

all i know is what i've experienced with your guild in quests and raids and it's made me wary about wanting to group with them. post away about TFC do! if you really think TFC sucks as a guild, really bad, do say so. say so loudly and with confidence do! your guild members have caused me a great deal of stress in the past, and i am reluctant to group with them any more. that recent stupid PvP incident and your attitude here confirms me in this.

i group with lots of guilds and in channels we can generally make up whatever we want to run in my timezone. don't really see any issues here. but if it's important for you to make all guild elite shroud runs that's cool. about the only time i'm on when a large group of my guild is on is my Sat mornings, your friday nights.

and yup i admit to being a noob. so why are you so upset if you think i'm so negligible? going to add a few more personal insults here? not hard to do as you know i'm a newer player who is also not that good. so feel free to expand your insults: you, an *officer* of the Helpers Guild?

i will state again: i have several times had unpleasant experiences grouping with the Helpers Guild of Khyber and this has made me wary of grouping with them. your reaction here confirms me in this.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #270 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:40am:
I don't really care about the he-said-she-said argument going on here, but I do think the thread in Khyber market is pretty ridiculous.  If you report someone for a violation of the CoC, whatever the fuck the CoC is, should you in turn have disciplinary action taken against you?  It's bullshit. 

I saw that thread. I am not invested enough to try and figure it out. I need the Cliff notes version.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #271 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:46am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:44am:
I saw that thread. I am not invested enough to try and figure it out. I need the Cliff notes version.

Just do what I do.  Find a tangentially related element of the story and start spouting off opinionated crap that may or may not have any basis in reality.  It works!

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #272 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:48am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:44am:

Cliff Notes:

Someone called me naughty names in PvP
I reported them
I got banned by GM for using naughty words in the report

Or that's what we are supposed to believe.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:49am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #273 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:54am
Print Post  
On a more humorous note...

I ended up pugging chains last night with NPD, who was on a barb named Ottoattack.

It was.... interesting.  Had no idea she went over to Jester's.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:55am by Madcow430 »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #274 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
all i know is what i've experienced with your guild in quests and raids and it's made me wary about wanting to group with them. 

Not memorable enough to actually have examples though or names...coolio like I said don't really care about you or your opinion. 

Quote:
post away about TFC do! if you really think TFC sucks as a guild, really bad, do say so. say so loudly and with confidence do!

Never had an issue with TFC...but don't pug enough though to actually mingle.  I love Gawna and oh yeah, he's not TFC anymore.

Quote:
your guild members have caused me a great deal of stress in the past, and i am reluctant to group with them any more. that recent stupid PvP incident and your attitude here confirms me in this.

The illiterate unintelligible PvP post...ya ok.  (FYI:  Stupid and PvP Issue is redundant) My attitude, well all I can say is...

Hi Welcome

...to the Vault.  You call someone out have a leg to stand on princess.

Quote:
and yup i admit to being a noob. so why are you so upset if you think i'm so negligible? going to add a few more personal insults here? not hard to do as you know i'm a newer player who is also not that good. so feel free to expand your insults: you, an *officer* of the Helpers Guild?

That's Senior Officer to you...  Why do I care if you can't figure that out then you are an ignorant noob?  You don't want to group with us fine; that's your opinion.  You want to blather about it on a public forum well that's another.  If you don't want to be called on it keep your fucking mouth shut.  I'm just pointing out the source and it's lack of any fact.  If my defense of my guild is too harsh for you I'm sure there is a nice warm spot under Tarrent's skirt for you.  This is the Vault...we play by different rules here.  Tighten up your game or go home.

Like Woody said and like I've said a dozen times, if you have a specific identifiable issue with one of my members let us know and we will address it.  We will not tolerate griefers.  However, you want to spew shit about how we are a bad guild because in a couple runs you were stressed...blow it out your ass.

P.S. I'm a lovely and friendly person in game.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2010 at 10:15am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Send TopicPrint