Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic This guy just got screwed by turbine, royally (Read 4907 times)
Infraction
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

This guy just got screwed by turbine, royally
Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
while the thread lasts
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=273164

I will wait to see if they refund, if not....for my own safety I am calling and removing my card from my account..

that is bullshit business ethics...as in 'none'

OP:
Quote:
So I screwed up...
See, what had happened was...

I went to buy some TP's this weekend with the bug sale, on $50 set. The store bugged after I made the purchase and gave me the red error message. Hit home. Error message. Went out of store, bck in, it worked. Tried to buy again. Same error. Was getting ****ed. Walked away for 5 mins. Came back. Did it again. Still errored. Logged.

Logged on a few hours later to find I had 20,000TPs... I had just spent $150 on TP's. Not smart for a married man. I can see it now, yes honey, I spend $15 a month on a game and I also spent another $150 in one hour. Yeah, this is going to go well! Anyone got a spot in their basement they want to rent out?

Anyway, as expected DDO customer service could not help.

I remember when FTP came out it was found to be more cost effective to buy the packs and such rather than stay subscribed. I just can't find a link. I already bought two expansion shared bank slots, FVS, and two character slots. How expensive could it be? The packs, the core shared bank, WF, Monk, and 8 slots? Gets me wondering...

Quote:
Spoke to Turbine DDO support again and Eric there could not have been nicer, but said the same thing, they can't refund points in any way, although he did promise to have a manager call me in the next few days. Here is hoping Turbine steps up and helps me here! If not, Premium here I come...

IP Logged

SoulDecay
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: This guy just got screwed by turbine, royally
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
If you want to pass this on (or not.)

If Turbine won't reverse the charges due to a technical error on their end, they are in breach of contract with their agreement with the credit card company. The card company will reverse the charges in a heartbeat if the OP explains the situation and asks them to.  They shouldn't legitimately be able to take any adverse action against his account, since it's not for subscription fees, however, technically they could involve the sandbox rule (you know... "It's my sandbox, play the way I say, or get out."), and it wouldn't be worth his time or $$ to sue them. He could however contest every charge ever made to them if they tried to do so. Success is less guarenteed, but fairly likely.

IP Logged

Visty
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Infraction wrote on Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:51pm:
for my own safety I am calling and removing my card from my account..

you cant remove your CC from your account cause it will disable your account forever

IP Logged

Infraction
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
you cant remove your CC from your account cause it will disable your account forever

actually you can, but yes..you will not be able to ever do anything again with it unless you call and make them manually adjust it.

One way would be to put a game card in there instead....an empty one.

there are also test credit card numbers that can be entered, acknowledged as 'ok'' but will be refused charges.

like i really want them to overdraft my account by a few hundred dollars because their store bugged.

solidarity.... in this case, this is a scummy business decision if not refunded...and deserves more attention than most of the crap people bitch about in the forums (and leave ddo for)..

this is crooked and unfair if not refunded.

IP Logged

Axeman
Waterworks Kobold

ESAD

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Pre-paid card from wally world works also.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 8:59pm
Print Post  

Wow, makes me glad I decided to pay by paypal, not direct off a card.

Hope they make good on the refund, obviously their error not his if it kept showing as an incomplete transaction error, while billing each time.

Be interesting to see then end result of this mess.

Kit

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 1:12am
Print Post  
That happened to Buster.  Exact same bug.  But I told him to wait and see, not to try again, 'cause he might get double charged.  Sure enough, about an hour later he saw that the first one had indeed gone through.

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

Gol
Korthos Resident

Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 9:18am
Print Post  
That's why you should try to use an actual card rather than Paypal.  You can call the CC company and refute the charges.  Turbine gets the chargeback and you don't have to pay the bill.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #8 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Gol wrote on Sep 8th, 2010 at 9:18am:
That's why you should try to use an actual card rather than Paypal.  You can call the CC company and refute the charges.  Turbine gets the chargeback and you don't have to pay the bill.

Hi Welcome

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

deathtouch
Waterworks Kobold

Lay back and think of
England.

Reply #9 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Why can't they refund you?  Accounting practices say that they can not use that money until you have used your points, it should be in a reserved fund account. 

Did you betry us? Did you betry ME? - Kerr Avon.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #10 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Call the card company and block the charges...also legally they cannot refuse a refund.  They have no leg to stand on.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Angel Barchild
Stormreaver Piker

I'm that mean ginger kid.

Reply #11 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 10:38am
Print Post  
The other point bundels were probably still in his cart when he made the last purchace.

Still, that sucks ass.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #12 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Walmart pre-paid.

Put on what you need + 1$ since Turbine charges then refunds 1$ to check if your card is legit.

You won't have to worry about extra charges and you won't be able to accidently charge too much.

Some pre-paid cards won't work.  I couldn't get any others that I have access to work.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
It's practically common sense: when buying anything via internet, never repeatedly try to get payment to go through if something fails while submitting. Call your financial institution, or give it a few hours or a day, see if the first charge goes through before you go mashing buttons.

Sure, it sucks what happened, and that he's not getting much help getting it resolved, but patience is a virtue after all.

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #14 - Sep 8th, 2010 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
SoulDecay wrote on Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:58pm:
If you want to pass this on (or not.)

If Turbine won't reverse the charges due to a technical error on their end, they are in breach of contract with their agreement with the credit card company. The card company will reverse the charges in a heartbeat if the OP explains the situation and asks them to.  They shouldn't legitimately be able to take any adverse action against his account, since it's not for subscription fees, however, technically they could involve the sandbox rule (you know... "It's my sandbox, play the way I say, or get out."), and it wouldn't be worth his time or $$ to sue them. He could however contest every charge ever made to them if they tried to do so. Success is less guarenteed, but fairly likely.

Refute charges. "Hello Visa? Turbine's software screwed up and overcharged me. please call them and tell them to GFY. kthxbai"

done

Seriously. That is effed up. Especially since it's Turbine's error.

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Angel Barchild
Stormreaver Piker

I'm that mean ginger kid.

Reply #15 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Sep 8th, 2010 at 3:44pm:
Refute charges. "Hello Visa? Turbine's software screwed up and overcharged me. please call them and tell them to GFY. kthxbai"

done

Seriously. That is effed up. Especially since it's Turbine's error.

My buddy who worked at a bank for years said the same thing. Call the bank or credt card and refute the charges. Course he also said that anyone who button mashes the "purchace" button over and over when buying on line deserves what they get. But hey whatever.

Whatever happens he will have to work it out with Turbine.

IP Logged

SoulDecay
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Infraction wrote on Sep 7th, 2010 at 6:07pm:
there are also test credit card numbers that can be entered, acknowledged as 'ok'' but will be refused charges.

Anyone have one of these test numbers? I'd like to remove my CC# from my account before I give it away. Not that I don't trust people, but... I don't.

IP Logged

OleBloodandGuts
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
This just happened to me last night when i was buying Mnemonics using TPs......i tried purchasing 200 (on sale for half price you know) and i got that damn red message too....gave it about an hour and decided to buy again, not only got the 100 i just purchased but got the 200 i purchased earlier.  Now im swimming in the damn things.  What a cluster fuck this store has turned into.

IP Logged

Tickdoff Tank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 13th, 2010 at 3:37am
Print Post  
I was getting pretty annoyed with Gunga in the thread by MrWizard.  MrWizard contacted turbine and asked about their policy and was basicly told "we do not refund, EVER. GTFO GFY".  CHeck out his locked thread on the general forums.  Gunga was defending Turbine quite a bit, and I think he was totally off base.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #19 - Sep 13th, 2010 at 7:48am
Print Post  
That's just hearsay.  I'm not going to believe that you were annoyed by Gunga until I hear both sides of the story.

fnord

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #20 - Sep 13th, 2010 at 8:59am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Sep 13th, 2010 at 7:48am:
That's just hearsay.  I'm not going to believe that you were annoyed by Gunga until I hear both sides of the story.

Fucking awesome.   Toppey TrifectaTM:GornnSmiley Smiley Smiley

I went a couple rounds with Gunga there at the end.  Apparently passing on information from calling Turbine is "hearsay and gossip" while claiming that Turbine has an appeal process is "fact".  Stupid fuckstick.

I've actually had reasonable arguments with Gunga, but this time he just refused to admit even the POSSIBILITY of a no refund policy.

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #21 - Sep 13th, 2010 at 9:41am
Print Post  
I sent the guy a PM and no response.

Either a dozen people wrote him the same thing or...something else.

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #22 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 9:04am
Print Post  
This reminds me of the Shadowrun situation.

For those unfamiliar with the Shadowrun situation, it involves a fuckstick stealing a lot of money, and a couple other fucksticks coming out to justify why it is perfectly acceptable for the first fuckstick to steal their money.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

moorewr
Korthos Resident

Lasciate ogne speranza,
voi ch’intrate.

Reply #23 - Sep 16th, 2010 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
You are all looking for the word "dispute."

(don't mind me  Cheesy )

--Thelanis, Archangels & GSI

IP Logged