Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Half-Orc AP? (Read 17848 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Half-Orc AP?
Reply #50 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 3:47pm:
Is also appearently a morale bonus so it does not stack with rage spell/pot.

So raged up barbs wont get the + to str?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #51 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 3:57pm:
So raged up barbs wont get the + to str?

When I looked up the rage feat it did'nt say what type of bonus it is but the rage spell/pot is a morale so raging bards and wizzys and anyone using pots the bonus will not stack with it. Unless it was a timed buff I think I'd rather have the spell. A stable +2 I think is better.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2010 at 4:12pm by woody »  

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #52 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 3:46pm:
Does'nt make any sense whatsoever. I'm sure it will help lag in raids when there are 4-6 Horc melees with constantly fluxuating STR. Easier on the system to make it a timed buff with enchment lines to increase timer and what not.

This. Nerfdate 8 incoming.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #53 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:26pm:
This. Nerfdate 8 incoming.

I think we spotted the first " Get it out now" mistake from the devs. Faster to give it an on/off function without taking into account the effect of the damage calculations on lag. Was'nt the reason to nerf THF and TWF to reduce the damage calctlations to ease up the lag? This would be about the same situation would'nt it?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #54 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Half-Orcs...ROFFLE!   GrinTongue

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #55 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:37pm:
ROFFLE!

It is officially part of the Vaultcabulary now.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #56 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:32pm:
I think we spotted the first " Get it out now" mistake from the devs. Faster to give it an on/off function without taking into account the effect of the damage calculations on lag. Was'nt the reason to nerf THF and TWF to reduce the damage calctlations to ease up the lag? This would be about the same situation would'nt it?

It is designed to do just what they want... Sell half-Orc's. Drow at it's time ushered a sea of them. Then came 32 points antiquated them... Half-Orc is looked upon by turbine as an "upgrade" one which they may sell ... so they aim it at damage ... spitting out big numbers - something a lot of players like. Will not matter what players complain about down the line... by then they'll have some other purchasable thing.

Half-Orc Racials last I know... I've not been back to Lam since I got mine to 19

Quote:
•Tharashk Search I
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 1 Half-Orc or Human, Least Dragonmark of Finding
◦Benefit: Grants a +1 bonus to your Search skill.
•Tharashk Search II
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 6 Half-Orc or Human, Lesser Dragonmark of Finding, Tharashk Search I
◦Benefit: Grants an additional +1 bonus to your Search skill, bringing the total increase to 2.
•Tharashk Search III
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 10 Half-Orc or Human, Greater Dragonmark of Finding, Tharashk Search II
◦Benefit: Grants an additional +1 bonus to your Search skill, bringing the total increase to 3.
•Tharashk Search IV
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 14 Half-Orc or Human, Tharashk Search III
◦Benefit: Grants an additional +1 bonus to your Search skill, bringing the total increase to 4.
•Orcish Strength I
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 3 Half-Orc
◦Benefit: Grants a +1 increase to your Strength score.
•Orcish Strength II
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 8 Half-Orc, Orcish Strength I
◦Benefit: Grants an additional +1 to your Strength score.
•Orcish Power Attack I
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 4 Half-Orc, Power Attack
◦Benefit: Your Power Attack feat does 1 additional point of bonus damage but also has an additional -1 to your attack bonus.
•Orcish Power Attack II
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 10 Half-Orc, Orcish Power Attack I
◦Benefit: Your Power Attack feat does 2 additional points of bonus damage but also has an additional -2 to your attack bonus.
•Orcish Power Attack III
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 16 Half-Orc, Orcish Power Attack II
◦Benefit: Your Power Attack feat does 3 additional points of bonus damage but also has an additional -3 to your attack bonus.
•Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude I
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 2 Half-Orc, Two Handed Fighting
◦Benefit: Glancing blows produced by your two-handed weapon attacks have an increased chance of producing magical weapon effects such as flaming.
•Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude II
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 8 Half-Orc, Improved Two Handed Fighting, Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude I
◦Benefit: Glancing blows produced by your two-handed weapon attacks get an additional increase to their chance of producing magical weapon effects such as flaming.
•Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude III
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 14 Half-Orc, Greater Two Handed Fighting, Orcish Great Weapon Aptitude II
◦Benefit: Glancing blows produced by your two-handed weapon attacks get an additional increase to their chance of producing magical weapon effects such as flaming.
•Orcish Melee Damage I
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 1 Half-Orc
◦Benefit: You gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using two handed melee weapons.
■Orcish Falchion Damage I
■Benefit: You gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using a falchion.
■Orcish Greataxe Damage I
■Benefit: You gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using a greataxe.
■Orcish Greatclub Damage I
■Benefit: You gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using a greatclub.
■Orcish Greatsword Damage I
■Benefit: You gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using a greatsword.
■Orcish Quarterstaff Damage I
■Benefit: You gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using a quarterstaff.
•Orcish Melee Damage II
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 7 Half-Orc, Orcish Melee Damage I
◦Benefit: You gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using two handed melee weapons, bringing the total increase to 4.
■Orcish Falchion Damage II
■Benefit: You gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using a falchion, bringing the total increase to 4.
■Orcish Greataxe Damage II
■Benefit: You gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using a greataxe, bringing the total increase to 4.
■Orcish Greatclub Damage II
■Benefit: You gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using a greatclub, bringing the total increase to 4.
■Orcish Greatsword Damage II
■Benefit: You gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using a greatsword, bringing the total increase to 4.
■Orcish Quarterstaff Damage II
■Benefit: You gain an additional +2 bonus to damage rolls when using a quarterstaff, bringing the total increase to 4.
•Orcish Power Rage I
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 5 Half-Orc, Lvl 2 Barbarian, and any of: Orcish Fury I, Orcish Brute Fighting I, or Orcish Extra Action Boost I
◦Benefit: When raging, you gain an additional +1 Strength, but also get an additional -1 penalty to AC. Requires at least 2 levels of the Barbarian class.
•Orcish Power Rage II
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 15 Half-Orc, Lvl 6 Barbarian, Orcish Power Rage I, and any of: Orcish Fury III, Orcish Brute Fighting III, or Orcish Extra Action Boost III.
◦Benefit: When raging, you gain an additional +2 Strength, but also get an additional -2 penalty to AC. Requires at least 6 levels of the Barbarian class.
•Orcish Brute Fighting I
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 2 Half-Orc
◦Benefit: Activate this ability to cause your melee attacks to generate 10% more hate, making enemies more likely to attack you.
•Orcish Brute Fighting II
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 6 Half-Orc, Orcish Brute Fighting I
◦Benefit: Activate this ability to cause your melee attacks to generate 15% more hate, making enemies more likely to attack you.
•Orcish Brute Fighting III
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 10 Half-Orc, Orcish Brute Fighting II
◦Benefit: Activate this ability to cause your melee attacks to generate 20% more hate, making enemies more likely to attack you.
•Orcish Brute Fighting IV
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 14 Half-Orc, Orcish Brute Fighting III
◦Benefit: Activate this ability to cause your melee attacks to generate 25% more hate, making enemies more likely to attack you.
•Orc Extra Action Boost I
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 3 Half-Orc
◦Benefit: Half-Orcs keep fighting long after other races tire. You can use each of your action boosts 1 additional time per rest.
•Orc Extra Action Boost II
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 7 Half-Orc, Orcish Extra Action Boost I
◦Benefit: Half-Orcs keep fighting long after other races tire. You can use each of your action boosts 1 additional time per rest, bringing the total increase to 2.
•Orc Extra Action Boost III
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 11 Half-Orc, Orcish Extra Action Boost II
◦Benefit: Half-Orcs keep fighting long after other races tire. You can use each of your action boosts 1 additional time per rest, bringing the total increase to 3.
•Orcish Fury I
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 1 Half-Orc
◦Benefit: When below 50% health you gain a +2 morale bonus to strength.
•Orcish Fury II
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 5 Half-Orc, Orcish Fury I
◦Benefit: When below 25% health you gain an additional +2 morale bonus to strength. This strength bonus stacks with Orcish Fury I.
•Orcish Fury III
◦Prerequisites: Lvl 9 Half-Orc, Orcish Fury II
◦Benefit: When below 10% health you gain an additional +4 morale bonus to strength. This strength bonus stacks with Orcish Fury I and II.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:49pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #57 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:47pm:
It is designed to do just what they want... Sell half-Orc's. Drow at it's time ushered a sea of them. Then came 32 points antiquated them... Half-Orc is looked upon by turbine as an "upgrade" one which they may sell ... so they aim it at damage ... spitting out big numbers - something a lot of players like. Will not matter what players complain about down the line... by then they'll have some other purchasable thing.

Half-Orc Racials last I know... I've not been back to Lam since I got mine to 19

So with max fury enchancments you can get +8 str for one swing before the cleric/healer hits you with a heal. Dont even have the one swing if the healer is quick. That is a waste of an enchancment line and racial ability that had promise. The only other reason to take HOrc then is for the PA line, THF damage line, and STR bonus. Do the racial RAGE enchancments stack with Barb class enchancments?
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2010 at 6:00pm by woody »  

IP Logged

zed
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:57pm:
Do the racial RAGE enchancments stack with Barb class enchancments?

I don't have a link, but I remember reading that they do.

Good to know that the Fury doesn't stack with the rage spell.  That saves my "max stunning blow DC" build 1 AP.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #59 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Oct 8th, 2010 at 5:57pm:
So with max fury enchancments you can get +8 str for one swing before the cleric/healer hits you with a heal. Dont even have the one swing if the healer is quick. That is a waste of an enchancment line and racial ability that had promise. The only other reason to take HOrc then is for the PA line, THF damage line, and STR bonus. Do the racial RAGE enchancments stack with Barb class enchancments?

The fury bonus's are a weak linage but when you consider a h-orc will be 4 str higher (+2 damage) and then +4 damage with a given 2h weapon turn on equal pa as a wf - This will be average for them - there should be no complaining.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2010 at 7:21pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint