Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Waves nerf? (Read 8067 times)
Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Waves nerf?
Sep 9th, 2010 at 4:07am
Print Post  
heard shit from a guildie that they are gonna make bosses immune to woe. Just fucking with me or serious? looking for links and whatnot.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Re: Waves nerf?
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 4:23am
Print Post  
http://my.ddo.com/madfloyd/2010/09/08/fixes-for-update-7-part-2/

=|) Ice Storm has been buffed significantly and now functions more like Wall of Fire. It will deal 2d6 cold and 3d6 bludgeoning damage every 2 seconds and has the same duration as Wall of Fire.

=|) Ray of Fatigue, Waves of Fatigue and Waves of Exhaustion now only apply the strength/dex stat modifications to bosses and raid bosses.  The slow effect will no longer apply.  Orange name bosses are still affected by slow.  The tool tip has been updated.

=|) Duration of Ray + Waves of Fatigue has been shorten slightly to 60 seconds base +6 per level. Against players it lasts only 20 seconds +1 per level.  Dispel magic and rest apply normally.

=|) Waves of Exhaustion is no longer permanent, it lasts 120 seconds +6 per level; against a player it also lasts 20 seconds +1 per level. Dispel magic and rest apply normally.

=|) Weapon Trait Update: The weapon trait Tendon Slice no longer works on red, purple and raid bosses.

Yeeeaaah, I sense a trend there. More dumbed down 'smash it with a big stick or don't bother' design. Guess necro-specced weren't screwed enough yet.

IP Logged

Bacab
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 6:25am
Print Post  
Well Ice Storm getting buffed is kinda neat.

Though does Ice Storm make you slip around like Sleet Storm?

If so...that really sucks.

IP Logged

Siaphas
Korthos Resident

I Love Loot!

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 6:34am
Print Post  
It was only a time till they corrected Waves. With this spell all current Raidbosses became little pussys.

Now the DaemonQueen will be a challenge in Epic after all.

Kelderian, Keldi, Kelmons, Keldros, Kelgoku, Siaphas, Magier, Kelsneak, Haggli

Harkins
Waterworks Kobold

Professional Stuntcock

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 6:51am
Print Post  
Wait.... wtf why?
/vomit

Q&A is the business of pointing out others' failures. Optimists need not apply.

IP Logged

Danmor
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 6:56am
Print Post  
Because Tendon Slice and WoE made bosses too easy.

I can see them nerfing the combination, but removing both the slow effect from Tendon Slice and WoE is really annoying.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #6 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Probably sick of casters soloing everything since the developers casters cannot.  you know, because they dont believe in haste or striders... or skill.  They dont believe in that either.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #7 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Yawn. More surround, auto attack and heal the massive bag of HP.

...You know, update 8 or 9 will probably have them switch to 4th edition rules. Because the whole game is already about that, by default.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Bacab
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Sep 9th, 2010 at 7:54am:
Yawn. More surround, auto attack and heal the massive bag of HP.

...You know, update 8 or 9 will probably have them switch to 4th edition rules. Because the whole game is already about that, by default.

Well...it seems they are using 4th Editions template for Half-elfs and Half-Orcs.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #9 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 8:13am
Print Post  
DIdnt kate or fernando at one time say they were planning on moving over to 4th edition rules?

I could swear I read something about it at one point in time....

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #10 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 9th, 2010 at 8:13am:
DIdnt kate or fernando at one time say they were planning on moving over to 4th edition rules?

They would do something like that. They're just retarded enough to think it's a good idea, without being so retarded they'd be unable to actually code it. Now granted it will contain major bugs, on par with 'hey guys, hirelings crash the client every time' but they can code it.

Suffice it to say you should not say anything to the effect of 'DDO can't fail any harder' because any shift to 4th edition rules will prove you wrong.

When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #11 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Ugh.  What a mess.  Blanket immunities are such a lazy, sloppy way to design.  Way to go Turbine, make end-game more of a mindless slogfest.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #12 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Sep 9th, 2010 at 9:02am:
Ugh.  What a mess.  Blanket immunities are such a lazy, sloppy way to design.  Way to go Turbine, make end-game more of a mindless slogfest.

What's funny about this is that there are games out now that had very little development time and resources but still managed to make the 'massive pile of HP' method of boss building actually work in an interesting way. Yet here they are, with presumably more resources than a gaming company who is only recently starting out not only not doing this, but actively avoiding it as much as possible.

It's almost as if they realized, after they made the Shroud that this was a whole lot easier than actually having to think to design raids and people complained about the bullshit anyways (the most common complaint being every raid before the Shroud only involved a few people) so they just kinda held down control + v to give everyone lots of copy pasta.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #13 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 9:20am
Print Post  
It's certainly going to make epic DQ2 interesting, as it is now, it's almost impossible for me to melee the queen due to the latency I get living in Australia (~300ms) its almost impossible to judge where you need to stand to be in melee range without spending most of my time overrun.

WoE helped with this. The tendonslice change is expected, because watching horoth exhausted and tendon sliced is just kinda sad, I guess my sorc gets a level 7 spell slot back.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Harkins
Waterworks Kobold

Professional Stuntcock

Reply #14 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
I remember reading something about reworking virt PrC. Since they cant do shit against raid bosses, maybe that will be its silver lining, a debuff song. Idk, just my guess/hope.

Q&A is the business of pointing out others' failures. Optimists need not apply.

IP Logged

Montrose
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 3:47pm
Print Post  

Lazy devs are lazy.

Why fix the problem when we can nerf the solution?

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #16 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Montrose wrote on Sep 9th, 2010 at 3:47pm:
Lazy devs are lazy.

Why fix the problem when we can nerf the solution?

Kinda like nerfing classes instead of upgrading their...

I see what you did there. Well played.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #17 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 9th, 2010 at 8:13am:

Actually, they said they would not go to a full-on change to 4th Ed. Rather, they will pick and chose some 4e features that may be a good match for DDO. And they already have been for some time now...

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #18 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
There is no need to remove the slow effect from WoE but the tendon slice nerf is in line with everything else so i am ok with that.

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #19 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Sep 9th, 2010 at 7:34pm:
Actually, they said they would not go to a full-on change to 4th Ed. Rather, they will pick and chose some 4e features that may be a good match for DDO. And they already have been for some time now...

Rhetorical question   Wink

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #20 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 10:03pm
Print Post  

I do not think Waves is really nerfed, if I understood it from that *other* forum correctly which I so briefly visited today due to the massive amounts of e-jizz spewing from every caster-type over their serious tweaking (Which just goes to show, its not who you know, its who you blow. I suspect there is not, and will not be, a dry set of balls at Turbine anywhere this week curtesy of the caster class) that it is just time limited (1:30 I think?) instead of being a permanent effect.

For a little nerf, that honestly just makes more work for melees (more slugfest, yay..) , they get improved criticals and with a lower AP cost (1,1,1,1 instead of 1,2,3,4 like us mere mortals). Ice storm is now a WoF type spell and they are looking at tweaking other spells.

What a day....

Kit

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

Phidius
Korthos Resident

Reply #21 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Sep 9th, 2010 at 10:03pm:
I do not think Waves is really nerfed...

I think they're refering to the loss of the "slow" effect it has on mobs.  It'll still slow trash mobs for the 3.4 seconds they live, just not the raid bosses.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #22 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
http://my.ddo.com/madfloyd/2010/09/08/fixes-for-update-7-part-2/

=|) Ice Storm has been buffed significantly and now functions more like Wall of Fire. It will deal 2d6 cold and 3d6 bludgeoning damage every 2 seconds and has the same duration as Wall of Fire.

GO FILL UP ON ICE STORM SCROLLS AND/OR WANDS!

Money to be made, fun to be had.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2010 at 10:48pm by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Thantos123
Korthos Resident

Got Drama? I have popcorn.

Reply #23 - Sep 15th, 2010 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
And soon like wall of fire scrolls they will be gone from the vendors just to keeps the casters happy.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Sep 16th, 2010 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3270326&postcount=360

Quote:
First QA Rejection for Update 7...

Proving that the disclaimer in front of my blogs was there for a reason, I'm sad to say that the following is not making it into Update 7:

"Ice Storm has been buffed significantly and now functions more like Wall of Fire. It will deal 2d6 cold and 3d6 bludgeoning damage every 2 seconds and has the same duration as Wall of Fire."

This will be deferred to a future update.

My wizard is now pouting. Sad

Honestly not sure how I feel about that one. Do know I disliked "Derp! ColdWallofFire! Derp!" as the solution to meaningful mob destruction contribution at the higher tiers, but still it was something. Guess we'll see what they do with Archmage and the like.

kitsune_ko wrote on Sep 9th, 2010 at 10:03pm:
For a little nerf, that honestly just makes more work for melees (more slugfest, yay..) , they get improved criticals and with a lower AP cost (1,1,1,1 instead of 1,2,3,4 like us mere mortals).

Same discussion they'd also said they were splitting the elements if they did that. So net savings of 2 ap... um... woo-hoo?

Wake me when they actually do more than shit on stat damage again. I might still give a damn then.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint