Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Waves nerf? (Read 8050 times)
Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Re: Waves nerf?
Reply #25 - Sep 17th, 2010 at 10:13am
Print Post  
I do think they will be removing the scrolls for ice storm when the buff goes live.

Kinda glad it isn't going live in this next update.  Give me more time to stock up on those scrolls.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #26 - Sep 17th, 2010 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
I dunno why the fuck people think the scrolls are going to be good now. They were before because you got enhancement bonuses + item bonuses + metamagics + item enhancement bonuses, meaning you were better than an actual caster. But they fixed that a long time ago, so now you only get the item bonuses.

So that will give you... an ice storm that is literally around 25% of the strength of one by an actual caster. Do the math for yourself.

Remind me why people care again?

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #27 - Sep 17th, 2010 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Sep 17th, 2010 at 1:37pm:

Use at low levels.

Firewall scrolls didn't need any of the amplification bonuses to be effective.  Try some in Deleras.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2010 at 7:39pm by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #28 - Sep 17th, 2010 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Sep 17th, 2010 at 1:37pm:
I dunno why the fuck people think the scrolls are going to be good now. They were before because you got enhancement bonuses + item bonuses + metamagics + item enhancement bonuses, meaning you were better than an actual caster. But they fixed that a long time ago, so now you only get the item bonuses.

So that will give you... an ice storm that is literally around 25% of the strength of one by an actual caster. Do the math for yourself.

My bards have the scroll enhancements for healing scrolls to work better.

That enhancement line will also help with the Ice Storm scrolls.  It will be an option on a class that doesn't really have many AOE spells.

Scrolls may not be as good as blue bar spells and these only work against critters that are not immune to cold, but they will do the job on a lot of stuff and my haggle bard can get them really cheap.

The only reason I don't use very many scrolls now is because the scrolls available now suck.  Having a scrollable spell that does damage equal to firewall will make it more viable.  If firewall was avaiable in scroll form, I would be scoopoing them up by the gross.

« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2010 at 11:21pm by Fuck Off »  

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #29 - Sep 18th, 2010 at 12:34am
Print Post  

I believe this is why there are not a lot of firewall scrolls in game. Players with high UMD bought them by the bushel load and became quasi-casters, which rather irked the real casters who were suddenly basically downgraded to back-of-the-bus status.

I suspect much the same will happen again with the ice spell scrolls/wands once the change is in place.

Kit

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #30 - Sep 18th, 2010 at 5:53am
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Sep 18th, 2010 at 12:34am:
I believe this is why there are not a lot of firewall scrolls in game. Players with high UMD bought them by the bushel load and became quasi-casters, which rather irked the real casters who were suddenly basically downgraded to back-of-the-bus status.

I suspect much the same will happen again with the ice spell scrolls/wands once the change is in place.

Kit

The reason why firewall scrolls were taken out was because people like me were buying them en mass and burning all the mobs through doors.  Same with cloudkill.

Doors, walls... lvl 7 and farming GH for xp.

That was the good life.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #31 - Sep 18th, 2010 at 6:54am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Sep 17th, 2010 at 7:39pm:
Use at low levels.

Firewall scrolls didn't need any of the amplification bonuses to be effective.  Try some in Deleras.

Firewall has an innate amplification bonus. It's called double damage to undead. Ice storm only does that vs fire creatures (and even then it's not double, as not all of the damage is cold). How many quests worth running are predominantly fire creatures?

And will those of a different class have the UMD to reliably use them at this level?

When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #32 - Sep 18th, 2010 at 7:50am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Sep 18th, 2010 at 6:54am:
Firewall has an innate amplification bonus. It's called double damage to undead. Ice storm only does that vs fire creatures (and even then it's not double, as not all of the damage is cold). How many quests worth running are predominantly fire creatures?

And will those of a different class have the UMD to reliably use them at this level?

Lets face facts.

They will never release another spell to compete with firewall.  Did anyone actually expect that crap to go through this update?

I am sure they have some word trademarked for times like this.....
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2010 at 7:58am by Epoch »  

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #33 - Sep 18th, 2010 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Soon™

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #34 - Sep 18th, 2010 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Sep 18th, 2010 at 7:58am:
Soon™

We have a winner!

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #35 - Sep 18th, 2010 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Sep 18th, 2010 at 6:54am:

Lotta fire giants, renders, eles at lower levels, as I recall.  Seems it would come in pretty handy in areas like Threnal, which are pretty good for XP farming.

Hey dude, no skin off of my back if you don't wanna stock up on the scrolls.  I make good money every time they do something like this, the fewer that do the same, the better.  You shoulda seen the money I was making on Create Undead scrolls when they were removed Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2010 at 12:01pm by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

moorewr
Korthos Resident

Lasciate ogne speranza,
voi ch’intrate.

Reply #36 - Sep 19th, 2010 at 10:43am
Print Post  
If and when they change Ice Storm it could be a game changer for arcanes in Shavarath... that's the only place (so far) I see this being a big change. That and the occasional fire giant boss.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2010 at 10:43am by moorewr »  

--Thelanis, Archangels & GSI

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #37 - Sep 20th, 2010 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Sep 18th, 2010 at 12:00pm:
Lotta fire giants, renders, eles at lower levels, as I recall.  Seems it would come in pretty handy in areas like Threnal, which are pretty good for XP farming.

Hey dude, no skin off of my back if you don't wanna stock up on the scrolls.  I make good money every time they do something like this, the fewer that do the same, the better.  You shoulda seen the money I was making on Create Undead scrolls when they were removed Cheesy

Eh, fire giants aren't that common. Hill giants are though. Elementals aren't common unless you're doing a quest like Taming the Flames, which is why I specified quests worth running. And Threnal is mainly Flesh Renders, not Fire Renders. There's a few around, but they aren't really that common.

I'm not on the same server as you, so anything I do, or do not do with scrolls doesn't affect you. I also don't even play anymore, so it's a moot point regardless.

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #38 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
veni vidi vinci

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint