Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Question about Harry Beaters and GS Crafting (Read 3614 times)
Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Question about Harry Beaters and GS Crafting
Sep 25th, 2010 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Hi all,

No drama here to see here today (yet)

Just two questions if I may:

1. I got a chaotic neutral wf barb - trying to figure out what weap I need for a harry beater. Generally I use greataxes or greatswords. I got metalline enfeebling atm. I know generally it's metalline + PG but I can't use those (no UMD). What would you recommend?

2. I've got my GS great axe, ready to craft. What would you recommend I take for tier 1 and 2. Is the holy burst/good damage tiers good aligned? (that would really suck if I made a GS I couldn't use Smiley

I know their n00b questions, so I will expect the inevitable taunts, but answer the questions too if you could Smiley

Cheers,

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Re: Question about Harry Beaters and GS Crafting
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2010 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Mineral II .
Holy-acid-holy+acid.

This will bypass most dr's in the game since is will be metaline and good alligned. But since it is holy u can use it on a neautral toon.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2010 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Good burst does not have an alignment requirement. It's not the same as Pure Good.

Holy still ends up doing a bit more damage though.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Mister_Peace
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2010 at 8:00am
Print Post  
Chris, if you can find a Holy Silver weapon of whatever, that will bypass pit fiend DR and do more damage than a met pg. Alternatively, a Metalline flametouchediron weapon of whatever will do less damage but bypass pit fiend DR just as well.
The weapons made out of something other than steel are uncommon, but worth looking for.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #4 - Sep 25th, 2010 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Chris79 wrote on Sep 25th, 2010 at 3:14am:
Hi all,

No drama here to see here today (yet)

Just two questions if I may:

1. I got a chaotic neutral wf barb - trying to figure out what weap I need for a harry beater. Generally I use greataxes or greatswords. I got metalline enfeebling atm. I know generally it's metalline + PG but I can't use those (no UMD). What would you recommend?

2. I've got my GS great axe, ready to craft. What would you recommend I take for tier 1 and 2. Is the holy burst/good damage tiers good aligned? (that would really suck if I made a GS I couldn't use Smiley

I know their n00b questions, so I will expect the inevitable taunts, but answer the questions too if you could Smiley

Cheers,

For #1, you have a couple options:

A. Holy/Holyburst + Silver
B. Metalline + Flametouched Iron

« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2010 at 8:25am by Schmoe »  

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #5 - Sep 25th, 2010 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Since DR applies to each hit, swinging with a single two handed weapon that doesn't bypass DR is not good, but it's at least better than swinging with two weapons that don't break DR.

Harry's DR is 15 on Normal, so if you're doing bucketloads of damage on each hit, then you'll still hurt Harry even if you don't break DR.  That said, Metalline + Flametouched Iron will work for you and Holy, Silver will work for you as well. 

You can also UMD your way into a Metalline of Pure Good weapon if you invest in a couple of UMD points, a +6 Cha items (or a Eabgle's Splendor pot if you can't afford the Cha item), Greater Heroism, Voice of the Master and the necklace from Delera's Tomb that gives +3 UMD.  Just get all your buffs at once, equip the +1 Metalline of Pure Good two handed weapon and then you can swap out all of your UMD items for your regular gear once you have your Metalline of PG weapon equipped.

...Or you can buy a Blessed Silver weapon from the DDO store.  Sad

fnord

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #6 - Sep 25th, 2010 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Thanks very much everyone.

Popejubal, I didn't realise that the UMD check was made when you equipped only, that was an interesting revelation thank you.

Thanks very much everyone. Slink gave me some similar advice in shroud but it was a bit rushed cos he was busy pulling newbs in line Smiley

I shall work on my GS crafting and wait until the next level 16 shroud pug goes up Smiley

Chris

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #7 - Sep 25th, 2010 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Chris79 wrote on Sep 25th, 2010 at 5:39pm:
Thanks very much everyone.

Popejubal, I didn't realise that the UMD check was made when you equipped only, that was an interesting revelation thank you.

Thanks very much everyone. Slink gave me some similar advice in shroud but it was a bit rushed cos he was busy pulling newbs in line Smiley

I shall work on my GS crafting and wait until the next level 16 shroud pug goes up Smiley

Chris

You can also get an additional +6 to your UMD though exceptional Cha skill bonuses from a Greensteel item.  Of course, if you're going to make a Greensteel item, you're probably better off making a Holy/Acid Burst/Acid Blast Mineral II weapon than the +6 Cha +150 SP item...

By the way, here is the recipe for the "standard" Greensteel Mineral II weapon.

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?forced=miner...

I made it a quarterstaff so that I couldn't be accused of advocating on behalf of a Falchion or Greataxe.  Smiley
In that link, click "edit this item" to see what powers it will have when crafted.
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2010 at 5:57pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

(.)
Waterworks Kobold

Ebading a van XD

Reply #8 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 3:35pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint