Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Skill boost (Read 2286 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Skill boost
Oct 12th, 2010 at 11:32am
Print Post  
If I have a ranger with rogue splash, would the enhancement "Ranger Skill Boost" work with rogue skills like disable device?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Re: Skill boost
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 11:35am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 11:32am:
If I have a ranger with rogue splash, would the enhancement "Ranger Skill Boost" work with rogue skills like disable device?

I dont know if the seperate class boosts are on differet timers. I do know that a couple updates ago they made it so that class and race timers are different.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 11:53am
Print Post  
woody wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 11:35am:
I dont know if the seperate class boosts are on differet timers. I do know that a couple updates ago they made it so that class and race timers are different.

Will ranger skill boost actually boost rogue skills?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 11:53am:
Will ranger skill boost actually boost rogue skills?

I just made a 2/2 ranger/rogue on the boat and it wont let you take the skills boost for both classes. Gotta pick one or the other. And yes the ranger skill boost works on all skills.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 12:02pm:
I just made a 2/2 ranger/rogue on the boat and it wont let you take the skills boost for both classes. Gotta pick one or the other. And yes the ranger skill boost works on all skills.

Ok! Thanks.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Just as an FYI, on my TR'd Exploiter, I found that I hardly ever needed the boost to find or disable traps.  I think I used it once or twice early on  to get a Search DC.  I only blew one box on the way from 1-19 and that was because I forgot to switch in disable goggles in Elite Coal Chamber.  I tend to use the boost mostly to bump UMD since I don't have a Shroud Charisma item.

Early on I did pack a stack of Heroism pots and a GH Clicky...I mosty needed it on Elite.  Also, always pack +5 tools.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2010 at 3:40pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #6 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
If you're Human, the Human versatility boost (skill boost portion) will also boost your Rogue skills and you can get it for the same cost as the Ranger skill boost.

Human/Rogue/Ranger skill boosts will all give stacking bonuses to your skills - they just won't stack with each other.

fnord

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #7 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 12:20pm:
Ok! Thanks.

You cannot take both of them ... however if you have a more ranger levels invested than rogue then ranger skill boost is the one to take because you may attain higher levels in it if you wish ... same goes for dex or individual skill enhancements.

Way back when misbehaven was a 10/4 ranger/rogue she was more skilled than many rogues ... fact was she was the only character I ever had which could be tweaked to search and dd the bloody elite cable trap with less buffing than most rogues at the time... She was built to be a trap monkey which could actually fight at the time and it used to tick off many a rogue trap monkey. (this was pre tharns when +15 skill items were extremely rare rr items).

When vale came out and cap moved to 16 I could not log onto her without a blind invite to rainbow ... I still have double digit stones of insight on her from that time. When she became dated and shelved as we got cap 20 - and I lessered her later into an exploiter.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2010 at 4:36pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #8 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Didn't read the thread.  Answer: Yes.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

(.)
Waterworks Kobold