Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Paramount from Helpers (Read 4886 times)
zed
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Paramount from Helpers
Oct 26th, 2010 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
I saw him dancing in Meridia last night: a level 18 TR half-orc.  Depending on how many times he's TRed that's 350K or 470K XP a day. I have to say, I'm impressed and a little horrified.

Woody/Eladiun: does your man sleep?

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Paramount from Helpers
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Have a guildy I've been helping level up his TR'd Halforc barb, I believe he had the XP to take lvl 17 ATM. Think he's been averaging about 375K-400K XP a day. So it's not entirely unheard of Wink

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
zed wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 2:27pm:
I saw him dancing in Meridia last night: a level 18 TR half-orc.  Depending on how many times he's TRed that's 350K or 470K XP a day. I have to say, I'm impressed and a little horrified.

Woody/Eladiun: does your man sleep?

i typically get 1.2 m xp in 10 days of gaming, abt 2hr solid runs. thats 60k per hr. when the cap was 16, i've capped a toon in 4 days of gaming, thats abt 340k xp per day. so what you said is not impossible
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:43pm by Aranticus »  

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:41pm:
i typically get 1.2 m xp in 10 days of gaming, abt 2hr solid runs. thats 60k per hr. when the cap was 16, i've capped a toon in 4 days of gaming, thats abt 340k xp per day. so what you said is not impossible

Seeing as there was an xp bonus it wouldnt be that hard at all.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:56pm:

not to mention xp pots as well or stuff like voice which were non existant back then

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 11:14pm:
not to mention xp pots as well or stuff like voice which were non existant back then

To be fair though once u hit 10 and could get into Gh its was pie getting to 14 because of the Massive amounts of xp that the quest used to give.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

zed
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Obviously it's possible because I saw the guy Smiley

No, I guess I just thought it was interesting.  I knew people were capping toons quickly, but for the most part it isn't ever quite that obvious.  I guess I wasn't paying as much attention when FVS were released.

Aranticus, I'd love to hear any techniques you have.  I've been using MrCow's melee TR diary as a starting point for what quests I should be focusing on per level.  So far it has served me pretty well, but I could always get faster.  I'm lucky to get 50K in 3 hours.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #7 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:30am
Print Post  
zed wrote on Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:16am:

No, I guess I just thought it was interesting.  I knew people were capping toons quickly, but for the most part it isn't ever quite that obvious.  I guess I wasn't paying as much attention when FVS were released.

Aranticus, I'd love to hear any techniques you have.  I've been using MrCow's melee TR diary as a starting point for what quests I should be focusing on per level.  So far it has served me pretty well, but I could always get faster.  I'm lucky to get 50K in 3 hours.

The way i do it is usually fuck the optionals except for certain quest, and i never go out of my way to get ransack or conquest. There are alot of quest you can farm the shit out of up to 10 times as long as u are doing them fast enough. I think one night me and a few others were doing vol in 5 mins Gop in 4 and fleshmakers in 6-7. So even though the quest were only giving 4k xp at the 7-10 mark it still was decent considering the speed.

Quote:

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 2:49am
Print Post  
zed wrote on Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:16am:

there is really no secret. just run with decent people for a long time. most of the time spent by a lot of players are looking for members. do stuff that you can solo or make it faster with like minded players and you go fast

on my 2nd TR as a barb, i was very fortunate to run with zod and smitherz. we did back to back cabal runs (window for xp/min). each of us know our roles well, ie in the first room, me and smitherz would kill the hobs while zod went to talk to npc. by the time we were done with the killing, the gate opened for us to kill the next set, then we would separate into 2 groups. opening shrine and the 1st objective simultaneously. this cuts the time by up to 40% per run and we would finish cabal in approx 5-8mins. with an xp rating of abt 1.2-1.5k per min, we were hitting abt 80k xp/hr

the quests also play a role. some have solid optional xp, ie wizking is worth abt 14k for approx 10 min run if you get wizking in 1st tower. however, if you can get 2 other players that can solo 1 tower each you stand to get another 12k more in the same amount of time. this cannot be done as effectively say in tear of dhaakan where the quest is more or less linear

this is how i level my TRs

1-3 misery, ringleader, info is key, ww
4-6 stk, TR, deleras
6-9 gwylans, tear, sc, vons
10-12 shadow crypt, relic, wizking, oob, von3
13-15 GH, necro 4
16-18 vale
18-20 IQ, IQ2, amrath

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:30am:
The way i do it is usually fuck the optionals except for certain quest, and i never go out of my way to get ransack or conquest. There are alot of quest you can farm the shit out of up to 10 times as long as u are doing them fast enough. I think one night me and a few others were doing vol in 5 mins Gop in 4 and fleshmakers in 6-7. So even though the quest were only giving 4k xp at the 7-10 mark it still was decent considering the speed.

breakables are very good for xp. in a group where 2 players can mow down the mobs, employ a 3rd player to break stuff. that 15% is nothing to sneeze at. if you need the whole group to kill stuff, then i agree skip the breakables

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #10 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Oct 27th, 2010 at 2:49am:
10-12 shadow crypt, relic, wizking, oob, von3

Window farm shadow crypt until you hate it. It is 2 lvls worth of xp on a non tr.

Haste-FW-Haste-FW-Haste-FW

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #11 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:09am:
To be fair though once u hit 10 and could get into Gh its was pie getting to 14 because of the Massive amounts of xp that the quest used to give.

Yeah, you speed run PoP for what was it like 20k back then?

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #12 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:56pm:

25% bonus weekend
20% pot
5% VotM
3% Guild shrine

Yep thats alot of bonus xp.

IP Logged

zed
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Oct 27th, 2010 at 2:49am:
on my 2nd TR as a barb, i was very fortunate to run with zod and smitherz. we did back to back cabal runs (window for xp/min). each of us know our roles well, ie in the first room, me and smitherz would kill the hobs while zod went to talk to npc. by the time we were done with the killing, the gate opened for us to kill the next set, then we would separate into 2 groups. opening shrine and the 1st objective simultaneously. this cuts the time by up to 40% per run and we would finish cabal in approx 5-8mins. with an xp rating of abt 1.2-1.5k per min, we were hitting abt 80k xp/hr

This is really helpful.  I rely heavily on pugs because of the time I play... I guess I have been too cautious in assigning real responsibility.  The only time I've been able to crank out the XP is when quests can be easily farmed by keeping the group together and running fast, e.g. Trial By Fire, OOB, Shadow Crypt, etc.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
zed wrote on Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:32pm:
This is really helpful.  I rely heavily on pugs because of the time I play... I guess I have been too cautious in assigning real responsibility.  The only time I've been able to crank out the XP is when quests can be easily farmed by keeping the group together and running fast, e.g. Trial By Fire, OOB, Shadow Crypt, etc.

The non-linear quests rock.  Take gwylans.  If you can split up the 3 caves and the two outdoor crates into even two teams you can cut the time to complete down below 10 minutes easy.  If you get people who can solo a cave (Except maybe the Zared cave) then it can be even faster.

Stormcleave, same thing.  Split up into two or three groups and then converge for the final fight. 

Deleras 4, Wizking, Foundation of discord... Lots of quests can be done this way.  Even when they are linear you can find ways to speed things up by having people hit different objectives or (like said above) have a sweeper or two who does optionals/breakables while the rest of the team zergs the quest.

I was running my 8th level TR with 4 Ransack guys last night and in 40 minutes we hit two tear runs and a gwylans run and I netted 50k of xp from it.  And that was without getting the tears (just the very last one that you would have to try hard to not pick up). 

It just takes having the right players to do those kind of runs with. 
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2010 at 4:29pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #15 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
I've just TRed for the first time and I've certainly realised the value of looking for the groups that are planning to farm and zerg. i skipped alot of content this time to take advantage of the bonus xp, which seemed to make the levelling less painful then I thought it would be (more of an anal tickle than the full on pounding I expected). von3 got me 21k (not including optionals) on my first run last night.

My advice (althought not as esteemed as the multiple TRs in this place) is:

1. Good group - a couple of other TRs in the group also likely means you won't be that 'douche guy who zergs ahead of the rest'...two or three douches are far more acceptable Smiley If a defined zerg group, discuss how to split duties to make it efficient

2. XP Pots - if you can afford them - also they are dropping in chests now so keep an eye out (got one on gwylans 2 days ago)

3. Pretty much those quests aranticus said, hey you'll miss some content but you want to start using your GS again, right?

Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2010 at 6:37pm by Chris79 »  

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #16 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
One more comment on this topic, I like to move along in a TR, but if all you are doing is grinding a few quests, it's not much fun.  I tend to grind XP in 2-3 quests to get the first 3 AP of a level and then spend the last two running other at level quests for favor, flagging, or just because I like the quest.  It breaks up the monotony and it allows you to work in those goals (Favor for example) while you still earn XP at the same time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint