Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What's the deal with EtK? (Read 3084 times)
Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

What's the deal with EtK?
Oct 29th, 2010 at 9:23am
Print Post  
I keep hearing how this is supposed to be a tough quest.  I've never failed to complete.  Last night I completed on elite (A first for me.  Yeah, I know  Smiley). 

Here was our "healer" Wink

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/cehn/

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: What's the deal with EtK?
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Oct 29th, 2010 at 9:23am:
I keep hearing how this is supposed to be a tough quest.  I've never failed to complete.  Last night I completed on elite (A first for me.  Yeah, I know  Smiley). 

Wow.  That's a rough build.  155 HP at 15th level?  That player could use some guidance on gear, feats, and enhancements.

Unless I miss my math, 8*15 = 120 + 20 + 15(con)= 155.  There's no toughness, no false life item of any sort, no minos helm, either no con item, or a really crappy starting con.  That's about as bare bones as it gets.  Wouldn't take much to double that.

Anyways, EtK was nerfed at the end fight, which was all that really bothered anyone.  The rest of the quest was a cake walk.  Even before the nerf, however, it was still not that bad if you had people who knew what to do and had some decent gear/buffs going in.

Pugs could be rough, though, because you get people who were clueless and panic.

Edit:  A review of base bonuses shows no con item at all.  For a +6 con item, GFL item, 20 taps, and a feat respec with toughness and resetting your enhancements this player could have 130 more HP.  A +2 tome would net another 20 for 150 more HP.  But the tome would be pricy for this guy.  the other three items would cost maybe 50k plat and an hour in the orchard with a few friends.

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2010 at 11:35am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 29th, 2010 at 11:23am:
Wow.  That's a rough build.  155 HP at 15th level?  That player could use some guidance on gear, feats, and enhancements.

Unless I miss my math, 8*15 = 120 + 20 + 15(con)= 155.  There's no toughness, no false life item of any sort, no minos helm, either no con item, or a really crappy starting con.  That's about as bare bones as it gets.  Wouldn't take much to double that.

Anyways, EtK was nerfed at the end fight, which was all that really bothered anyone.  The rest of the quest was a cake walk.  Even before the nerf, however, it was still not that bad if you had people who knew what to do and had some decent gear/buffs going in.

Pugs could be rough, though, because you get people who were clueless and panic.

At least according to the devs, they didn't change the end fight on elite, only on lower difficulties.

I think the more, um, headscratching things about the cleric are items like the ring of sustenance, goggles of jumping, etc.  Anyway, the player is probably young.  He fell off the bridge right before the final shrine and died, so we recovered the soulstone and had to ddoor back to the start.

There were a few deaths, but it was a fun challenge nonetheless.

-Waters

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Evasion make EtK easy, no evasion no easy.  Or if your caster can land ooze puppet on the spells that makes things easier.  T

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #4 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Oct 29th, 2010 at 9:23am:

Schmoe it is nice to see you made a healer only 5 more levels to you dont have to STFU.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #5 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Oct 29th, 2010 at 6:30pm:
Schmoe it is nice to see you made a healer only 5 more levels to you dont have to STFU.

You wound me man, you really wound me.

-Waters

IP Logged

Infidel
Stormreaver Piker

U can't stop me motherfucker
cuz I'm on a boat

Reply #6 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 29th, 2010 at 11:23am:

Edit:  A review of base bonuses shows no con item at all.  For a +6 con item, GFL item, 20 taps, and a feat respec with toughness and resetting your enhancements this player could have 130 more HP.  A +2 tome would net another 20 for 150 more HP.  But the tome would be pricy for this guy.  the other three items would cost maybe 50k plat and an hour in the orchard with a few friends.

I love how when there are better helmets out there then the minos all you dickminded retards still think it is the best one around

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Blow me, Infi.

I never said it was the best helm ever.  The point above post was how this player could easily double their HP.  The minos helm is an option there.  Sure, you can get Heavy Fort a hundred different ways and get the +20 HP a couple ways nowdays too, thus freeing the helm slot for several options. 

But for a new player with shitty HP and no heavy fort it is one of the most easily accessible options.  Most anything better takes more grinding and effort.  And until you have heavy fort and more HP, not much else you could do with that slot that would be more valuable.  Ever heard of Maslow's Heriarchy of Needs?  In DDO, HP and Heavy Fort are at the first tier. 

Not sure why you felt the need to take a comment out of the original context to try to make it something it's not. 

This is clearly a new player on a first toon.  Making suggestions that are outside their realistic range would be useless.  I didn't even feel a +2 tome was a realistic idea for this player at this time.  Within those parameters my comment is valid.  Yours is not.  Go troll somewhere else. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint