Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Healing Shroud (Read 9743 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Healing Shroud
Nov 2nd, 2010 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
My cleric is level 17 and I could shroud flag pretty easily. I usually don't pay attention to healers very often, but I have heard discussion about healing strategies. Do you alternate mclw and mcmw in pt 4 and 5?

Probably could stand to have some eq advice too. I have just been piecing crap together as I find it. Smiley

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Healing Shroud
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
In part 4 and part 5 I alternate between MCLW and MCMW. I don't use MCSW, MCCW, or Mass Heal.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 2nd, 2010 at 2:39pm:
My cleric is level 17 and I could shroud flag pretty easily. I usually don't pay attention to healers very often, but I have heard discussion about healing strategies. Do you alternate mclw and mcmw in pt 4 and 5?

Probably could stand to have some eq advice too. I have just been piecing crap together as I find it. Smiley

STFU!

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
I tend to stand next to the other healer and hit mass heal about 3 seconds after his, then toss a cure mod mass  if needed in between. generally I only need to use mass heal though.

IP Logged

Siren
Korthos Resident

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
I typically watch the other healer, and try to time my mass heals so that they fall while his mass heal countdown is going. It took a bit of practice getting the timing right.

I know you didn't ask, but here goes:

In eVon6, at the dragon, I typically only use mass heal.

In TOD, in the hallways, mass critical, then mass heal at the judge/jailer, the shadowmaster, and Horoth.

In Hound, mass heal, because I usually only focus on the middle dog, and can't see the health of the other two, so I figure better safe than sorry.

In VoD, I go with whatever will fill the bars of the largest group, since everyone is typically spread out.

I agree with Schmoe: Shut your mouf, Stainer!

♫ This ain't no place for no hero ♪
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Asketes wrote on Nov 2nd, 2010 at 3:02pm:
I tend to stand next to the other healer and hit mass heal about 3 seconds after his, then toss a cure mod mass  if needed in between. generally I only need to use mass heal though.

I am not great equipment wise. I don't have a sp item and I may not even have a +6 wis item. (I have been leveling really fast) I am sitting about 1200 sp. I do have a Superior Devotion V or VI shield and I can get Ardor pots if needed. I am ok, or do I need to grind out some equipment?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Nov 2nd, 2010 at 2:56pm:
STFU!

I am going to grind out the last three levels. Screw shroud.  Cheesy

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

MalakRevan
Waterworks Kobold

Pissing People off since

Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Aww Stainer, I wanted to see you try to heal my WF fighter Smiley

Falutin
SenorHezrou
PsionicFal
Rexzar
Leader of Foecleaver.
Yes I am a Vault Lurker and I rarely post.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
MalakRevan wrote on Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:14pm:
Aww Stainer, I wanted to see you try to heal my WF fighter Smiley

WF can stand in my aura and suck it. Smiley

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
My shroud strategy is just to spam Cure light mass and Mass heal usually can just spam back to back, this is not advised for a cleric with low mana. But shroud is boring and not that hard to heal on a lvl 20.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
I have heard that people should have enough HP so that the cleric can us Mass Heal.  If they can't survive the cool down for that spell then they are gimped.

On my bard...yes bard...only have access to mass mod and mass light.  If I had a few more SP I could solo heal.  I've mostly done it, just ran out of SP in part 5.  Harry was down to 10% when I ran out and the FvS took over, in part 5.  I can solo part 4 if the DPS is good enough to make it a one rounder.  That was before I got my SP item.

I generally don't want to try and solo heal it mostly because I pug and there are some really sucky builds that have no DPS or survivability.

Then there is the Lag Monster.  Having a second healer is at least some measure of back up.

Most people don't understand a heal spec'ed Spellsinger can heal quite well.  They make comments like we only have one real healer in the group, never mind the fact that I can get them through part 4 if the DPS is good enough to make it a one rounder.  Also never mind the fact that the healers were using Mass mod and light before Mass Heal got fixed and they used Mass Mod and Light because of the Superior Potency IV items.

I don't think there are any ways to boost your heals other than the eardweller and that is temporary.  All the potency items I know about are Superior VI.

Too many feel that Mass Heal is the way to go.  Squishies don't always survive.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2010 at 5:16pm by Fuck Off »  

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
The Superior Ardor 8 clicky belts in Amrath are nice for making the mass cures more efficient.  I don't know of any way to boost Mass Heal, though.

fnord

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Nov 2nd, 2010 at 6:16pm:
The Superior Ardor 8 clicky belts in Amrath are nice for making the mass cures more efficient.  I don't know of any way to boost Mass Heal, though.

Empower heal. Though I dont see any reason to do that unless every beater was a super hp WF barb. I turned to the mass heal method on my cleric and throw a MCCW if things get tight between cooldowns.

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #13 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 2nd, 2010 at 4:04pm:
I am not great equipment wise. I don't have a sp item and I may not even have a +6 wis item. (I have been leveling really fast) I am sitting about 1200 sp. I do have a Superior Devotion V or VI shield and I can get Ardor pots if needed. I am ok, or do I need to grind out some equipment?

My cleric is not super geared either. My strat for pre Mass heal fix was turn on Empower heal, equip Sup Pot VI club in off hand and MCMW scolls in the other. I would then find a good rythem spamming MCLW, MCMW, Scroll. I would use the MCSW and MCCW as my "O Shit" buttons. This is a more mana intensive method than the mass heal though. Also if you dont have access to a haggle bard I would skip the scolls.

Edit: I might have a Sup Pot VI club/secpter in the bank I can toss your way if you need it.

IP Logged

Antir
Shroud Slacker

Hi Welcome

Reply #14 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Some people make the mistake of leaving empower and maximise on.

Turn them both off and rotate between your mass cures. It is more important to maintain peoples health above 25-50%. If you need to adjust use Empower or Empower Heal.

Also if you have low sp use MassCureModerate scrolls to supliment your lower SP. I have had np healing in the Shroud with 1200SP in the past.

Your only major issue and every others clerc's major issue is lag spikes that negate the spell you have just cast.

Another minor issue which comes up from time to time is people who have toons with no Fort. Items or they have 150HPs they really screw with your SP efficiency. Let them die if your sp is getting too low.

"I'll provide the perspective"

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #15 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Nov 2nd, 2010 at 6:59pm:
Another minor issue which comes up from time to time is people who have toons with no Fort. Items or they have 150HPs they really screw with your SP efficiency. Let them die if your sp is getting too low.

Yeah if you see someones red bar jo-jo:ing wildly in parts 4-5 just forget them - let them die if they won't keep up at least somewhat with the rest of the melees' HP loss. Don't time your mass heals after one squishy and don't do any spot healing. If they have shit HP they usually have shit everything else as well so no real loss.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #16 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Razcar wrote on Nov 3rd, 2010 at 9:58am:
Yeah if you see someones red bar jo-jo:ing wildly in parts 4-5 just forget them - let them die if they won't keep up at least somewhat with the rest of the melees' HP loss. Don't time your mass heals after one squishy and don't do any spot healing. If they have shit HP they usually have shit everything else as well so no real loss.

I was thinking that I should probably target mah healing on a melee that isn't going to poop themselves when the blades come in. That a good plan?

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #17 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 10:15am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 3rd, 2010 at 10:00am:
I was thinking that I should probably target mah healing on a melee that isn't going to poop themselves when the blades come in. That a good plan?

Perform a Hit Point check in Part 3 and pick your target accordingly.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #18 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 10:15am
Print Post  

I've only done a little Shroud healing and I already have noticed that this is an important point.  Having your healing target die sucks, but having your healing target run away when the blades come in while everyone else is still in sucks even more since you can at least see immediately when your target dies.

fnord

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 10:47am
Print Post  

Yeah that's good. Like Eladuin said keep an eye open in prior parts for a melee that seems sturdy and experienced... and is not ranged. Another thing to be aware of is to ignore characters that are not in the scrum, e.g. some bards, casters and ranged characters. They should fend for themselves. They only one besides the melees that I heal during the pit fiend gang rape is the other healer, if there is one, if he seems nooby enough to need it Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2010 at 10:49am by Razcar »  

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #20 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Razcar wrote on Nov 3rd, 2010 at 10:47am:
Yeah that's good. Like Eladuin said keep an eye open in prior parts for a melee that seems sturdy and experienced... and is not ranged. Another thing to be aware of is to ignore characters that are not in the scrum, e.g. some bards, casters and ranged characters. They should fend for themselves. They only one besides the melees that I heal during the pit fiend gang rape is the other healer, if there is one, if he seems nooby enough to need it Smiley

Agreed.
The trick is to know who is required and who is expendable.
If things start to go south AT ALL you just ignore the expendables and focus on the primaries.

If you try to keep the expendable guys up if/when things go south, that'll be time spent NOT healing the primaries.
If/when this happens is when things start to spiral downward.
Know who to ignore if needed.  This knowledge will save a shitty pug on the brink of failure quite often.
Letting a specific person [or 3] die can easily save a shitty p4.

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Antir wrote on Nov 2nd, 2010 at 6:59pm:

Or just let them die from the get-go. People like that have no business being in high-level content. I'm not going to overheal for one fuckwad who can't be bothered to gear themselves properly.

More on-topic, my Radiant Servant will usually just use Emp. Healing + Quicken + Mass Heal. Most groups I'm in can survive between casts. If overall HP seem lower than usual, I'll switch to quicker MCSW + MCMW (turning off Quicken to save SP).

This is also a solid plan.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2010 at 1:24pm by Sirea »  

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 1:26pm
Print Post  

Well, no. Considering yer sp points are fairly low and from what you've said before about this build of yours... my question is, why aren't you in there as well? that way you just center heals on yerself, poop or no poop.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #23 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Nov 3rd, 2010 at 1:26pm:
Well, no. Considering yer sp points are fairly low and from what you've said before about this build of yours... my question is, why aren't you in there as well? that way you just center heals on yerself, poop or no poop.

I lr'd and got rid of the battle part. While I have the hp's to stand in with Harry, I wouldn't be contributing to that damage really. I am addressing the SP issue, but with a guild or speed group, I am betting I have enough sp to get through a 1 or 1 1/2 rounder.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #24 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Stainer:

1. How many HP do you have on your cleric?  The reason I am asking is that if this is a RS cleric you are running with only 1200sp, you likely need to be standing close to the group and let your aura help you out some.  One of the advantages clerics have in there lately is the RS Aura.  Even a shitty aura will help immensely in keeping the squishtastic as well as the 'wtfareyoudoinghere' alive in between your choice of heals.  Your heals will hit you too.  In time, you will get bored in competent groups and find yourself trying to help kill the Pit Fiend.  In borderline groups you'll not be forced to overheal/chug/overheal/chug...  If I remember correctly, you have a tendency to put more hp on toons than I do.  And I like to melee Harry while healing to save boredom.

2. Dude, your getting a Del... er Cleric.  Have your guildies drag you through a couple of norm runs of Amrath content.  That way you have one of the belts with the Sup Ador 8 on it.  That freaking thing is awesome, and I use it as a tool on all of my healing toons.  Even my non heal speccd' bard who gets called on in oh shit moments. 

3. If you are running with your guildies, you know what to expect.  Pugland can be wonderfully amusing and intensely frustrating at the same time.  Expect the no fort 170hp wonders to blame you for not overhealing them.  Because they will.

My preferred method of healing on a FvS is Mass Heal/MCLW/Spot Heal.  As far as picking a target, I agree with the hp check.  Otherwise, just pick a toon with some hp.  Warforged/Dwarven barbs make nice targets.  However, if you are standing with the party don't worry about a target.  The spell radius will hit everyone.

Oh, and Superior Ador 6 clickies work on MCLW/MCMW until you have an Amrath belt.  Or in moments you are low and would otherwise yell, "... run my allies!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint