Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) All of you fucking VIP people, STOP. go F2P NOW. (Read 11043 times)
MartinusWyllt
Ex Member

Re: All of you fucking VIP people, STOP. go F2P NOW.
Reply #25 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Sirea wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 4:28pm:
It's perfectly possible to like the product itself but hate the company that makes it.

Of course it is, but to stretch that hate into some kind of rallying cry against subscribers while still enjoying the product is just plain silly...but, like I said, entertaining to watch.

IP Logged

MartinusWyllt
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 8:07pm:
What drew me to Premium was the ability to set down and pick up the game at my leisure. 

QFE, this is the best reason to not be VIP.

I do have one VIP account that I might keep and a premium account that now had just about everything. I similarly consider the annual rate a good price for cheap entertainment and when I don't feel much like playing anymore I'll downgrade that. I may have enough points saved at that point to buy the essentials back.

I have to say, though, I can get hooked on opening on elite.

IP Logged

deathtouch
Waterworks Kobold

Lay back and think of
England.

Reply #27 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Angel Barchild wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 10:05pm:
It's $140 if you buy 1 year sub (bulk discount) and I'd spend that much on 2 ps3 games that I would probably only play once or twice. For me it's a pretty cheap year of entertainment. However my daughter doesn't play as much as I do, so she has a premium and I just buy her stuff as she levels.

A game ban is going to screw you either way.

Just jail break your ps3.

Did you betry us? Did you betry ME? - Kerr Avon.

IP Logged

Angel Barchild
Stormreaver Piker

I'm that mean ginger kid.

Reply #28 - Nov 7th, 2010 at 6:22am
Print Post  
deathtouch wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 3:42pm:
Just jail break your ps3. 

I would but I didn't see the dongle until after the "security update" that killed it  Angry  sony is a bunch of bitches.

IP Logged

Shaamis
Waterworks Kobold

Give...me....the....
damn....BOTTLE!!

Reply #29 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
I've been around way to fucking long playing DDO, and it's only because there isnt a current D&D equivalent/competitor.

I'm watching NW that Atari is trying to wad together, and since I've SEEN what Atari can do to an MMO or game in general (anyone remember "Custer's Revenge" for atari 2600? way to fucking go with that QA Atari....) I am watching Atari closely with NW, and see how they can fuck it up.

I really enjoy DDO, but I HATE (emphasis on HATE) what Turbine is making it into, and that is why I  posted this. 

MartinusWyllt, I dont know you from any other pile of shit that comes on here, but to say that to me without knowing what its like to log into DDO for YEARS and constantly hear and see the development of it going practically nowhere, makes my blood boil.  MartinusWyllt, I'm sure you are a nice person maybe, but you rubbed my Rhubarb wrong with your comment. Maybe I'll group with in DDO sometime, and maybe I won't, I'll still do whatever I want, Drink, Piss it out, and go on.

Where was I? Oh.....

With the advent of F2P and the additional $$$ infused into DDO since then, I still hear the "coming soon" (tm) bullshit song and dance. That is why I decided to go F2P, and reach the point of getting off the grid, while still playing till they turn the lights off.

I'm with Strake though, I log in, look for old friends, and visit them, maybe do a few raids, and sell the shit loot i get for beer money. I help new players learn the quests, and log off.

I'm a Cleveland Browns Fan, and if there is one think I've learned, is that there is a Second Chance for Everything, even you  MartinusWyllt

Tongue

Oh, and to everyone I missed, GFY

Shaamis "Kegtapper" Bloodfist
Drunken-style Master
Brewmaster--Dragon Order of Arcanix
WWWGTalkFacebookYIM  
IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #30 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Shaamis wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 12:22pm:
I'm watching NW that Atari is trying to wad together, and since I've SEEN what Atari can do to an MMO or game in general (anyone remember "Custer's Revenge" for atari 2600? way to fucking go with that QA Atari....) I am watching Atari closely with NW, and see how they can fuck it up.

Not to let facts get in the way of a good rant, but Atari had nothing to do with Custer's Revenge.  In fact, they sued the developer (Mystique?) because they didn't want their name associated with that awful game.  Apparently it wasn't THAT awful though, since the story was continued in a second game where the woman rapes the man.  Enough people were buying them to make it worth a sequel...

Anyone know a racist, bigoted, misogynistic gamer who might be able to give us a firsthand review of these little gems?

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Shaamis
Waterworks Kobold

Give...me....the....
damn....BOTTLE!!

Reply #31 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Nevynn wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 1:42pm:
Not to let facts get in the way of a good rant, but Atari had nothing to do with Custer's Revenge.  In fact, they sued the developer (Mystique?) because they didn't want their name associated with that awful game.  Apparently it wasn't THAT awful though, since the story was continued in a second game where the woman rapes the man.  Enough people were buying them to make it worth a sequel...

Anyone know a racist, bigoted, misogynistic gamer who might be able to give us a firsthand review of these little gems?

damn, you caught me. Tongue

I knew Atari didnt produce it, but I wasnt sure if it even went past a QA. I'm thinking no, because Atari's policy didnt require it (Nintendo did however,so that didnt happen with the NES).

There were a LOT of fucked up sexual games made for the Atari, including a game where a woman/prostitute dripping breast milk down and a guy with his tongue out trying to catch it all.

Drunken-style Master
WWWGTalkFacebookYIM  
IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #32 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Shaamis wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 1:49pm:
I knew Atari didnt produce it, but I wasnt sure if it even went past a QA. I'm thinking no, because Atari's policy didnt require it (Nintendo did however,so that didnt happen with the NES). 

Plenty of adult and unapproved games came out for the NES once developers figured out how to get past the lock-out chip that Nintendo put into it.

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #33 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Leisure Suit Larry, anybody?

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #34 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Nevynn wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 2:25pm:
Leisure Suit Larry, anybody?

been trying to remember that name for 30 minutes. Thx.

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

zed
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Ken Sent Me

IP Logged

MartinusWyllt
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Shaamis wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 12:22pm:
I
MartinusWyllt, I dont know you from any other pile of shit that comes on here, but to say that to me without knowing what its like to log into DDO for YEARS and constantly hear and see the development of it going practically nowhere, makes my blood boil.  MartinusWyllt, I'm sure you are a nice person maybe, but you rubbed my Rhubarb wrong with your comment. Maybe I'll group with in DDO sometime, and maybe I won't, I'll still do whatever I want, Drink, Piss it out, and go on.

When I got jaded with Mythic over Dark Age of Camelot I canceled my sub, deleted the client and moved on. I did the whole beta testing thing and even visited their HQ was, was pretty high on the fanboi chart and even have the free ball cap to prove it.

Of course do whatever you want, as will I. I'm happy with my 1 VIP that I'll probably cancel when I get too busy to justify the expense. It'll have nothing to do with any kind of Turbinehate.

If you were just crying in your beer then I have no real right to impinge on your personal woefest. If you want to make proclamations, certainly your right, I'll reserve the right to laugh.

I never played AD&D beyond 2nd ed, so I have no attachment to the current ruleset crop, though I did enjoy NWN and could see how, with the building tool, that could be a fantastic supplement to tabletop playing...or a really crappy distraction, I suppose.

Anyway...cut the cord or don't, whatever.

There were a couple of things DAoC did well and one was crafting...though I don't think I'd ever grind up a crafter again...the levels of customization you could achieve were a lot better than DDO. I also enjoyed siege engines, though wasn't a great fan of the RvR (group pvp with 3 sides). While my DDO cleric is only 11 it is much more fun (or will be once I have enough DDO kiting practice) than my 50 heal/buff spec'd DAoC cleric was...that cleric wasn't much more useful in groups than buffs and heals (since DAoC lacked many self-healing options...potions weren't very viable and there were no cure wands/scrolls...healers had to be healbots out of necessity)

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #37 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Perma done it finally!

feels weird..

i has no packs though.. might reactivate till i get money for points.. just doing it at least tonight for the mabar bullshit.

IP Logged

MartinusWyllt
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Now things like the fubar mabar shit is a good reason to cancel VIP...not that I'm doing this, but that's a good reason.

IP Logged

Tempzilla
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 7:28am
Print Post  
My VIP status ended this morning and I'm staying premium.  It has nothing to do with the recent Mabar exploit ban even though it's a good reason to go F2P.  I've been thinking about doing it for some time.  It seemed to me paying the game is more like renting the content. It'll take me some time to collect the points needed to unlock shit, but it's all good.

IP Logged

Shaamis
Waterworks Kobold

Give...me....the....
damn....BOTTLE!!

Reply #40 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Tempzilla wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 7:28am:
My VIP status ended this morning and I'm staying premium.  It has nothing to do with the recent Mabar exploit ban even though it's a good reason to go F2P.  I've been thinking about doing it for some time.  It seemed to me paying the game is more like renting the content. It'll take me some time to collect the points needed to unlock shit, but it's all good. 

DDO puts adventure packs on sale all of the time, if you are willing to wait a few weeks, you will see your favorite packs for sale.

most important thing to get is shared bank space, and your character slots, then adventure packs and races/classes you need.

The first couple steps (point purchase) are tough if you are on a budget, but if you buy points they are on sale, and buy items when they are on sale, you save a LOT.

Next thing you know, you'll be laughing in a world, looking around and seeing people who dont even know that all they are are just coppertop batteries for the MATRIX..... Cool

Drunken-style Master
WWWGTalkFacebookYIM  
IP Logged

MartinusWyllt
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Shaamis wrote on Nov 11th, 2010 at 1:23pm:
DDO puts adventure packs on sale all of the time, if you are willing to wait a few weeks, you will see your favorite packs for sale.

That's another disadvantage to VIP...my premium accounts will have pretty much everything already bought whenever I cancel the VIP.

IP Logged

DooshCanoe
Waterworks Kobold

team killing f-tard

Reply #42 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
I can tell you that a years worth of VIP points will presently buy you most everything you will need.

I left the game for about 14 months +/- cause I was getting burned out.  Been here since release, blah...blah...blah.  Basically needed a change of pace.

Came back about 5 weeks ago as Premium.  I purchased points 1 time when they were on sale.  My point purchase combined with the boatload of points I had as a VIP gave me optimal spending power.

I have everything I had before, with the sole exception of opening on elite.

I went an TR my old main favor toon and am presently grinding my favor back up.....mostly cause I'm stupid like that.

Presently I have 9 characters, shared bank, WF, FVS and all content with 2900 TP left over. Once I get my TR Sorc back to cap I'll have +/- 3k Favor and all the additional TP as a bonus.

Just my 2cp, if your experince differs....well....I guess I could care less.  Just another viewpoint really.

Or a rambling nonsensical post, its all good either way.

Light a man a fire, keep him warm for the night.  Light a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint