Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) All of you fucking VIP people, STOP. go F2P NOW. (Read 11025 times)
Shaamis
Waterworks Kobold

Give...me....the....
damn....BOTTLE!!

All of you fucking VIP people, STOP. go F2P NOW.
Nov 4th, 2010 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Shaamis here.

GFY.

Yeah, I'm still here, but you know what? Turbine can't fucking depend on me like you VIp members, because to earn MY money, they need to make shit i'll actually BUY.

Take it from someone who USED to drink the kool-aid, but has since taken the red pill, woke up, and now off the grid, do yourself a favor (as well as the REST of the DDO member base) and go F2P. THAT WAY, Turbine wont have a bunch of "coppertops" to rely on, and make shitty content, but rather will have to make great content all the time, or they wont make any money.

Lesson, take the red pill, and stop being just a "coppertop" for a company that is purposely holding shit back just to stretch out their revenue longer.

This is a public service announcement by a fucking Drunken Dwarf.

GFY Cheesy

Shaamis "Kegtapper" Bloodfist
Drunken-style Master
Brewmaster--Dragon Order of Arcanix
WWWGTalkFacebookYIM  
IP Logged

Steelrock
Dragon Raider

Elite Raiders

Re: All of you fucking VIP people, STOP. go F2P NOW.
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Thanks Shaamis. Already took the red pill. 11 months to the break even point versus paying every 6 months. And with the last buy on Turdbine points, I probably have enough to buy the next 3 modules they release. And I own all the current content with all the other bells and whistles.

Couldn't agree more!

Turbine is a company, not your friend.

If a company you have been loyal to suddenly changes their product so that it either is worse or not even working any more then only a complete fool would continue to patronize them.

Business only understands one thing, the bottom line.

The posters above who have a delusional perception of their relationship with Turbine seem to be suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

IP Logged

Shaamis
Waterworks Kobold

Give...me....the....
damn....BOTTLE!!

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Thats what I'm fucking talking about. These Tubine douche-bags had my $$$ free for 4+ years, and kept feeding me the same bullshit: Druids are too hard to put in, monks were TOO powerful and had to be re-worked, spells take TOO long to develop and balance, oh yeah and the animation and re0sizing for new races too TOO much resources.

meanwhile, there are still a ton of problems witht eh game they have been getting reports FOREVER on, and still do nothing.

They cant even hide behind their bullshit excuse: not enough funding/support, they are second in funding support to Blizzard, period.

So, conclusion: they are draggin out all of the elements we have been waiting for YEARS, just to keep us spending monthly fees like fucking coppertop batteries.

Another bullshit myth is "server priority" what a fucking joke. I have never had to wait to load into DDO anymore than when I was VIP.

SO I'm calling everyone out, do you want to continue to just GIVE your money free to Turbine, with monthly fee for basically doing nothing, or are you gonna get unplugged, and show them they have to WORK to earn your $$$?

Damn I need a drink.....

Drunken-style Master
WWWGTalkFacebookYIM  
IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 2:27pm
Print Post  

It has been a long time since I was VIP. Honestly with the Turbine Points I had I could buy most of the packs that I wanted when downgrading to Premium, and the VIP perks are nothing but fluff in my opinion.

Access to new packs/races/updates 2-3 days before the rest of us, and access to the VIP playground server, and 20 chars a server. I mean seriously, if your running 20 chars, you have way too much damn time on your hands.

You are absolutely right that they are dragging their feet as long as possible over releasing any meaningful updates.

After all, if they released Druids, they them would have to actually start working on planning and producing the next big update. As any politician can tell you, promises are cheap and easy to make. And if they keep the VIPs paying while forever waiting, then it is also quite profitable for Turbine to keep saying "Someday".

So they just string the players along with "Someday, maybe, just keep paying my little VIP sheeple".

I am honestly having just as much fun as a Premium as I ever did as a VIP, the few perks lost I dont even miss or think about truthfully.

If they ever addressed the ever-growing backlog of "Known Issues" then I might be again encouraged to fund them a bit more, but it seems Turbine is putting absolute minimal effort into supporting DDO, which makes me wonder why in return I should be supporting them with anything less then what is minimally required for me to play?

When sone of these issues have been known and then ignored for years, and some stupid little, easy to fix bugs at that (ladder bugs exceptionally) constantly being back-burnered, it speaks poorly for any company when they just dont care enough about their customers to properly test/patch/support the product they are selling.

Kit

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

Swedishchef
Dragon Raider

Got to love the chef :)

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
I am downgrading now since i have recived 5.2k TP for moving over my old arse toons from Europe.
my 2cp.

P.S I agree 100% D.S

IP Logged

Shaamis
Waterworks Kobold

Give...me....the....
damn....BOTTLE!!

Reply #5 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Swedishchef wrote on Nov 4th, 2010 at 3:26pm:
I am downgrading now since i have recived 5.2k TP for moving over my old arse toons from Europe.
my 2cp.

P.S I agree 100% D.S

damn right.

Lets tell Turbine we arent gonna take their shitty ass timeline for releasing shit anymore! 3.5 D&D had SOOOOOOO much more options in it and this game hasnt touched the surface, we want that shit this DECADE.

Drunken-style Master
WWWGTalkFacebookYIM  
IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #6 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
I took my free points from playing since May '06 and canceled my subscription the day after F2P came out.  I bought all my characters back and quite a few adventure packs with the free points they gave me.

Then I bought every adventure pack, until they put that bullshit Sentinel pack out.  I ran three quests and decided I wanted my money back.  Since then I haven't bought one, and haven't missed it at all.  I won't buy one either, until I see some stellar reviews.

About the only thing I miss is being able to open quests on elite for favor.  That's the only thing I'd like to have.

Ink

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
I dunno, I haven really felt like logging in even after my pc is fixed

IP Logged

k0ukla
Dragon Raider

Reply #8 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Nov 4th, 2010 at 7:29pm:
I dunno, I haven really felt like logging in even after my pc is fixed

Shocked

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #9 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Took you long enough.

I realized that VIP wasn't worth it before I gave VIP a shot and being VIP just confirmed what I already knew.

You don't have to think about getting a monthly payment or however often you actually sub up and if you can't play for an extended time, you aren't giving away money because you aren't using the sub if you can't play for an extended time.

There is nothing that VIP offers that is worth it.

If they had came out with Elite open before I bought everything up to Sentinals, I would consider it a little more.  I own everything except the last two packs now and have openers for quests if I need something opened for favor.  Not quite all but I'll have that set at some point.  I didn't buy the last two packs because I didn't want to give the impression that I want more low level material.  Sentinals I purchased but it was on sale.  Haven't purchased the other two yet...probably will for the gear and epic quests because I really need to get into some epics and get those tokens and after I get this last bank set up, I'll be looking for a new guild and they may require it.

Cheaper also.  Buy stuff on sale and you come out ahead. 

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
no

IP Logged

k0ukla
Dragon Raider

Reply #11 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Nov 4th, 2010 at 8:52pm:
no

I have to agree...

No

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Swedishchef wrote on Nov 4th, 2010 at 3:26pm:
my 2cp.

P.S I agree 100% D.S

Alternatively, You could think of it as "upgrading" Wink

IP Logged

Swedishchef
Dragon Raider

Reply #13 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 6:45am
Print Post  
Sirea wrote on Nov 4th, 2010 at 10:32pm:
Alternatively, You could think of it as "upgrading" Wink

True Smiley

IP Logged

Swedishchef
Dragon Raider

Reply #14 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 6:45am
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Nov 4th, 2010 at 8:52pm:
no

Hi welcome

IP Logged

Angel Barchild
Stormreaver Piker

I'm that mean ginger kid.

Reply #15 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 7:52am
Print Post  
k0ukla wrote on Nov 4th, 2010 at 9:33pm:
I have to agree...

No

I'm going to have to go with you on this one. I like the perks of vip. I buy my sub once a year at tax return. One yearly fee and I don't have to worry about buying new packs or anything. Premium is good, but I'm uber lazy.

IP Logged

Canuckish
Korthos Resident

giggity

Reply #16 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 9:51am
Print Post  
I never was VIP... so never felt the charm, as i came with the F2P era... but never felt compeled to get a VIP sub, couple TP point packs, and i havnt missed any content, and spent way less then a 1 year sub would cost, and as they release new content so slowly (good content worth my money that is)  I should be able to keep myself under $60 a year... if I am even here in a year,

Like Aranticus, I am starting to feel less desire to log on.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #17 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Canuckish wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 9:51am:
I never was VIP... so never felt the charm, as i came with the F2P era... but never felt compeled to get a VIP sub, couple TP point packs, and i havnt missed any content, and spent way less then a 1 year sub would cost, and as they release new content so slowly (good content worth my money that is)  I should be able to keep myself under $60 a year... if I am even here in a year,

Like Aranticus, I am starting to feel less desire to log on.

My playing is down at about 3-4 hours a week.  I refuse to buy any more TP until they put in some reasonable consumer protection features and policies around their store.  Mr. Wizard had a good thread about it, and frankly, I find nothing more infuriating about Turbine than their purchasing policies.  So for now I freeload and occasionally troll the forums.  Which reminds me of the whole forum infraction clusterfuck.

Ugh.

I'd say they've done a pretty effective job of alienating me.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

MartinusWyllt
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Wouldn't "going off the grid" be better demonstrated by uninstalling the game client rather than trying to shift memberships to microtransactions vice subscriptions?

Lost users can't be tempted to buy anything.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #19 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Wouldn't "going off the grid" be better demonstrated by uninstalling the game client rather than trying to shift memberships to microtransactions vice subscriptions?

Lost users can't be tempted to buy anything.

So you're saying GTFO or STFU?

Wink

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

MartinusWyllt
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 1:26pm:
So you're saying GTFO or STFU?

Wink

Good question...get the fuck out or shut the fuck up...I think the latter.

vapor rage-fueled protests about how awful the company is while still using their completely optional product is pretty fucking funny. The people trying the "don't buy gas on X date" protests are only slightly sadder.

But, no, don't shut the fuck up, words are cheap and amusing.

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Good question...get the fuck out or shut the fuck up...I think the latter.

vapor rage-fueled protests about how awful the company is while still using their completely optional product is pretty fucking funny. The people trying the "don't buy gas on X date" protests are only slightly sadder.

But, no, don't shut the fuck up, words are cheap and amusing.

It's perfectly possible to like the product itself but hate the company that makes it.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #22 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Premium is definitely the cheaper way to go.  If you purchase your points and adventure packs and whatnot when they're on sale, you can get the entire game for less than 1 year of VIP.  But that's not what drew me to premium - $180/yr is pretty cheap entertainment as it is.

What drew me to Premium was the ability to set down and pick up the game at my leisure.  With VIP, I felt like put $1000 into a game over 4 years and had nothing to show for it - if I didn't pay the sub, I couldn't play, no matter how much money I'd paid previously.  This way, whatever I put into the game is still there until the servers are shut down.

The issue I have with it is that account bans can now mean a lot more than losing all of your in-game items... you've now lost access to everything you paid for!  While I don't like it, I placate myself by considering the reality: were I to be banned, I'd be in the exact same situation as a banned VIP, but with less money sunk into the game.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Angel Barchild
Stormreaver Piker

I'm that mean ginger kid.

Reply #23 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
It's $140 if you buy 1 year sub (bulk discount) and I'd spend that much on 2 ps3 games that I would probably only play once or twice. For me it's a pretty cheap year of entertainment. However my daughter doesn't play as much as I do, so she has a premium and I just buy her stuff as she levels.

A game ban is going to screw you either way.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
I could hardly recognize the ddo I'm playing now. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to try find my guildies and add them to fb. I might probably play atari's new dnd game

Who's the greater evil? Atari or Warner bros?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint