Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Mabar exploit? (Read 35794 times)
rimble
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Mabar exploit?
Reply #100 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:17pm:
I think they assumed that everyone who had (a) or was present for (a) event was cheating. I don't know what (a) is, but someone made a decision to ban based on this. Not a script.

Boss said:  Write a script to identify all these exploiters.

Intern said:  Right-O.  Here, I'm done...here's just a print out of the exploiting users...AND LOOK AT HOW MANY THERE ARE!

Boss said:  Yeah, this has gotta get taken care of before the update.  Run it ASAP (which happened to be last night)

Intern said:  Sure, I'll just change this here 'print' statement to make some 'ban user' function calls...and...here we go!

Intern checks forums later:  Oh shit...oh shit oh shit oh shit!  *picks up phone* Tolero?  Help...

Tolero:  *sigh* I'm tired of this shit...

So no, no automated script did this...we're not talking about SkyNet here...but someone created a script to do this, and that script was horribly flawed...or at least the flags that they coded into it to identify exploiters was terribly flawed...
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:42pm by rimble »  

IP Logged

Annalog
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
"Specifically, a Game Master determined that you Recently we conducted an investigation into an exploit that was being utilized in Dungeons and Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited, involving our recent Mabar, The Endless Night Festival.  As a result of that investigation, your account has been identified in utilizing this exploit."

"Due to a technical issue in our exploit suspension process some players participating in the Mabar festival event were incorrectly notified of a rules violation."

Shenanegins.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #102 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Annalog wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 4:01pm:
"Specifically, a Game Master determined that you Recently we conducted an investigation into an exploit that was being utilized in Dungeons and Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited, involving our recent Mabar, The Endless Night Festival.  As a result of that investigation, your account has been identified in utilizing this exploit."

"Due to a technical issue in our exploit suspension process some players participating in the Mabar festival event were incorrectly notified of a rules violation."

Shenanegins.

May I use this on the other forums?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Annalog
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
sure. the first is the generic ban email for the 3 day ban version. the second is tolero's apology announcement. bolded for emphasis on the obvious contradiction.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 4:32pm by Annalog »  

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #104 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 5:27pm
Print Post  

Remember Shibboleet people.

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Tickdoff Tank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: My notification
Reply #105 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 1:12am
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:21am:
AcctManagement to me
show details 8:04 PM (12 hours ago)

Greetings,

Recently we conducted an investigation into an exploit that was being utilized in Dungeons and Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited, involving our recent Mabar, The Endless Night Festival.  As a result of that investigation, your account, Tickdoff Tank, has been identified in utilizing this exploit.

Please be advised that use of an exploit is strictly prohibited by our Code of Conduct:

“17.  You will not exploit, distribute or publicly communicate any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage within the Dungeons & Dragons Online game world. Bugs should be reported via the Ingame Bug Reporting Form.”

This is an official warning, and has been noted on your account.  Future violations of any nature may result in further action, up to and including a permanent suspension of your game account.

Thank you,

Turbine Support

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL AS THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED FOR RESPONSES.
If you have questions about this email, please feel free to submit a web inquiry to our In-Game Department via the form here:
http://www.ddo.com/component/content/article/670

I find this highly amusing.... because the last time I was able to log into DDO was....IN AUGUST.  I have been stuck in Iraq with no internet for personal use (will hopefully be changing in less than a week, but I have said that before Smiley ).  Kinda curious about how I got hit with the ban stick.

IP Logged

Zippo
Hooters

Ooooh what's this button
do?

Reply #106 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 7:28am
Print Post  
TWDiggs wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 5:27pm:

This reminds me of the Web Guy

IP Logged

QuantumEntanglement
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
That web guy video-fucking awesome.  Thanks for that.  I haven't laughed that hard for a long time.  Didn't you get my email asking you not to restart the server?  He deletes it as he's saying no.

I'd give ya a toppie if I knew how.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Tickdoff Tank wrote on Nov 11th, 2010 at 1:12am:
I find this highly amusing.... because the last time I was able to log into DDO was....IN AUGUST.  I have been stuck in Iraq with no internet for personal use (will hopefully be changing in less than a week, but I have said that before Smiley ).  Kinda curious about how I got hit with the ban stick.

Lol you should go and fuck up some replies by devs and tear them up into bits

IP Logged

Zippo
Hooters

Ooooh what's this button
do?

Reply #109 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Nov 11th, 2010 at 5:28pm:
Lol you should go and fuck up some replies by devs and tear them up into bits

I will second that motion  Smiley

IP Logged

QuantumEntanglement
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #110 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 4:48am
Print Post  
Absolutely.  I agree.  If you get a chance, do go to their Mabar Ban Problems thread and post your story.  Not that I'd expect it to stay in for long.  They'd probably remove the post quick as it pretty well calls lie on the whole "thoroughly reviewed" by actual people part.  It's also so very critical to smack the glass dome of ignorance that some of the Turbine apologist, asskissers live under with the hammer of truth.  Shatter that "they cannot do wrong, if you are banned you're lying and a cheater" bubble.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint