Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Mabar exploit? (Read 35752 times)
voodoogroves
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Mabar exploit?
Reply #25 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Got the ban, locked my forum account out too so I can't discuss it there.  I tend to be ... very forgiving ... of customer service in general.  This, without info and on such a large scale, is more than upsetting.

I did buy draughts of midnight to use in the graveyard ... is that seriously an exploit?

I did drop and run in the one quest to refill mana, then rejoin, is that an exploit?

I did coordinate with friends using not-in-game-chat/voice to join the same instance(s) if we were each in large groups.

I did solo with my cleric and wizard instead of farming with lowbies.

In other news, buddy of mine just bought me the new Starcraft.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #26 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:32pm
Print Post  

Have no idea of what the hell they are saying I did. I have never knowingly exploited this game and the first time I receive a suspension for an exploit is the last fucking time I play this game.  Angry
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:04am by TWDiggs »  

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
I'm amused... I think it'll turn out to be a mistake or an attack.

If its not... then apparently DDO just reinvented New Coke.

IP Logged

Backley
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
TWDiggs wrote on Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:32pm:
[img](img not quoted)
Have no idea of what the hell they are saying I did. I have never knowingly exploited this game and the first time I receive a suspension for an exploit is the last fucking time I play this game.  Angry

1. Remove the image quick. You shouldn't reveal your account login name to anyone.

2. You aren't banned yet, just a warning. So, your account isn't garbage yet.

IP Logged

geoffhanna
Korthos Resident

Default Catchphrase

Reply #29 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
They got me too.

You know it's bad when they're wacking the fanbois LOL

I wonder what I did?
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:48pm by geoffhanna »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #30 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
I'm emailing...

Customer Service Contact:      
Scott Sheppard, Senior Manager Customer Services
Number of Employees:      300
Phone Number:      
(781) 407-4223
Fax Number:      
(781) 329-5463
Email Address:      
ssheppard@turbine.com
turbinesupportexperience@turbine.com - Customer Service

http://www.bbb.org/boston/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacture...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #31 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Sounds like a good guy to flood an inbox with complaints~

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #32 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:30am:
Sounds like a good guy to flood an inbox with complaints~

My thoughts exactly...

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #33 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Rather glad I gave this event minimal participation. Theres a hell of an event advertisement "Come join the fun, perhaps make epic gear, maybe get banned! Who knows?!" I killed undead for motes just enough to craft a Lv 16 cloak for my main, and a few low level ones (8-12's)for my other chars.

I have had no notices or warnings from Turbine, but only ran the dragon raid twice, so I am guessing the "exploit"  is something to do with the raid. My money is the use of hirelings in the raid instance personally.

It is certainly nothing to do with the undead drop farming in the Deleras area/instance as that is pretty much all I participated in over the entire event.

Kit
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 1:30am by kitsune_ko »  

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

geoffhanna
Korthos Resident

Default Catchphrase

Reply #34 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 1:24am
Print Post  
My GF came up with this link at Turbine's parent Warner Brothers

http://www.warnerbros.com/main/help/customer_service.html

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #35 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 1:51am
Print Post  
geoffhanna wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 1:24am:
My GF came up with this link at Turbine's parent Warner Brothers

http://www.warnerbros.com/main/help/customer_service.html

I just used this and got an automated response from WB, hopefully it will go somewhere.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Hakushi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 6:06am
Print Post  
I participated actively to the event, but most of the times with my fighter, I also spent a few hours on my fvs. I got no mail so far, but if they send more after this downtime, I might be in the next wave lol.

DDO characters:

Raika, Carolanne, Coriza, Alexandra, Samara, Zaretta, Katina, Carelle, Nathalya, Karia, Kristina, Nausikaa, Carietta, Magaly, Rosanna, Venusia, Hetoff, Zyvorra, Zazumi, Isabella

IP Logged

Chynum
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 6:48am
Print Post  
Here's what was happening on Thelanis. People were completing the Dragon and using altf4 and then relogging. This loaded them into a new instance which could be  already complete. If it was complete they were awarded another scale and they used alt f4 again. If it was not complete they completed and then used altf4 again...thus they were able to get lots of scales... this went on all night. As far as i know not too many people could have been doing it because they wouldn't have told many. It was mainly top tier players from well known guilds and they were not advertising.

Lots of us were discussing tonight why so many had gotten emails. Most everyone in my guild got one and nobody was doing that which I described up there. The only thing we all pretty much had in common was that we occasionally dropped group to use the shrine in From Beyond The Grave and if that is a bannable offense then our server will be pretty bare for a minute.

I am not about exploits personally and have been pretty avid about not using them. A lot of the people who were doing it on Thelanis are the same ones who are all over any exploit that comes about and that's just where they set the bar. I don't really care what people do so long as it doesn't affect me..after all it is just a game or a hobby to most although a serious one. It does bother me that so many are getting so much grief for things which so few benefited from and I really wish turbine would issue more than a slap on the wrist to repeat offenders. There are a lot in this crew who have had multiple bans as long as thirty days. I am sure there won't be much direct talk about it by Turbine as they never deal with these things in an open manner.

IP Logged

Annalog
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Quikster wrote on Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:09pm:
This suspension is for 30 days .

Not sure what its about. I sat afk in a lot of guild groups for hours, dual boxed most of it. Crafted my shit, and thats it. Most of the shit isnt that great, I only did it because I was at my fathers house that weekend working out some of his network problems. If I had a decent internet connection I would have never done any of it Sad

Second acct got a 3 day ban.

Was there anything unusual about your main account that stands out? Did you DC a lot inside the summoning chambers due to the unholy lag? I'm myself trying to work out why I have a 3 day ban. If it was for refilling SP by running in and out of quests to refill SP/clickies/turns I'll take my lumps and suck it up. If not, then it's formal customer complaint time.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

My notification
Reply #39 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:21am
Print Post  
AcctManagement to me
show details 8:04 PM (12 hours ago)

Greetings,

Recently we conducted an investigation into an exploit that was being utilized in Dungeons and Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited, involving our recent Mabar, The Endless Night Festival.  As a result of that investigation, your account, ABCDEFG, has been identified in utilizing this exploit.

Please be advised that use of an exploit is strictly prohibited by our Code of Conduct:

“17.  You will not exploit, distribute or publicly communicate any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage within the Dungeons & Dragons Online game world. Bugs should be reported via the Ingame Bug Reporting Form.”

This is an official warning, and has been noted on your account.  Future violations of any nature may result in further action, up to and including a permanent suspension of your game account.

Thank you,

Turbine Support

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL AS THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED FOR RESPONSES.
If you have questions about this email, please feel free to submit a web inquiry to our In-Game Department via the form here:
http://www.ddo.com/component/content/article/670

I did use a hireling one time.  The game let me.  I was sick of having no one in the room with me after I wasted a key to get in.  I did the hireling ONLY one time.  The other times I just summoned one monster.

My warning is on my cleric.

I am unguilded so I have no clue of what any exploits are.

I NEVER grouped with anyone.  EVER.

I NEVER FARMED one spot.

I did communicate to others about what the effect of killing lower level monsters does to you. 

I Did trade stuff.  The game let me.

I did communicate via general chat in the dragon.

I had a lot of lag in the dragon.  I never DCd in the dragon.  Each and every scale I earned I only received one per victory.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:25am by notajedi »  

IP Logged

FlyingTurtle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Annalog wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:19am:
If it was for refilling SP by running in and out of quests to refill SP/clickies/turns I'll take my lumps and suck it up.

One of my guildies did this quite a lot (as did most other players) and didn't get a warning or a ban.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:27am by FlyingTurtle »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #41 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Chynum wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 6:48am:
Here's what was happening on Thelanis. People were completing the Dragon and using altf4 and then relogging. This loaded them into a new instance which could be  already complete. If it was complete they were awarded another scale and they used alt f4 again. If it was not complete they completed and then used altf4 again...thus they were able to get lots of scales... this went on all night. As far as i know not too many people could have been doing it because they wouldn't have told many. It was mainly top tier players from well known guilds and they were not advertising.

Lots of us were discussing tonight why so many had gotten emails. Most everyone in my guild got one and nobody was doing that which I described up there. The only thing we all pretty much had in common was that we occasionally dropped group to use the shrine in From Beyond The Grave and if that is a bannable offense then our server will be pretty bare for a minute.

I am not about exploits personally and have been pretty avid about not using them. A lot of the people who were doing it on Thelanis are the same ones who are all over any exploit that comes about and that's just where they set the bar. I don't really care what people do so long as it doesn't affect me..after all it is just a game or a hobby to most although a serious one. It does bother me that so many are getting so much grief for things which so few benefited from and I really wish turbine would issue more than a slap on the wrist to repeat offenders. There are a lot in this crew who have had multiple bans as long as thirty days. I am sure there won't be much direct talk about it by Turbine as they never deal with these things in an open manner.

It has to be this.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #42 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:35am
Print Post  
FlyingTurtle wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:25am:
One of my guildies did this quite a lot (as did most other players) and didn't get a warning or a ban.

I use the defend the gate quest as a personal refill station.  You could also use Return to Delera.  I cannot see how that would be the exploit.  I was warned  the only character I farmed on was my Wizard.  I worked the switch once and I do not recall DC'ing at any point.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:37am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

systemstate
Korthos Resident

Meh.

Reply #43 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:36am
Print Post  
FlyingTurtle wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:25am:

I did this several times as well.  No ban or warning for me either.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #44 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Someone here got banned and knows exactly what they did and why they got banned. It would be very manly if they stepped up an talked about it.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #45 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:47am
Print Post  
FYI...

[quote=Tolero;3399494]This is still being reviewed this morning. In the interest of staying in the guidelines, make sure that if you have questions please submit them via the in-game support contact form which can be found at the following link. Also make sure your email address is correct in the event that we need to make contact with you:
http://www.ddo.com/ddosupport/in-game-support [/quote]

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3399494&postcount=39

Quote:

IP Logged

Zaodan
Korthos Resident

I drank what? - Socrates

Reply #46 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:50am
Print Post  
No email or ban here, nor did I exploit anything.

But I just read today's patch notes, and found this:

"Players will no longer be put into instances that already have the maximum number of players in them."

To me, that pretty much verifies the "Alt-F4, log into another instance and get additional scales" theory.

IP Logged

voodoogroves
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:56am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:45am:
Someone here got banned and knows exactly what they did and why they got banned. It would be very manly if they stepped up an talked about it.

Agree.

I'm leaning towards some sort of DC instance - I think I saw a thread about someone on Thelanis talking about what to do, though I'm still hazy on the exploit - I guess it was to finish one the come into a second or something?  Dunno, but the thread that talked about it was pretty clear there was some sort of thing.

Again, sadly on my DCs I got no scales, let alone duplicates. One was a short-man and I was on a lever, so I'm pretty sure that one failed anyway.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #48 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:59am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 9:45am:

Very true, Stainer...

Sisster and I both picked up warnings and are absolutely clueless as to what they think we did.  All we did was farm Del's in a guild raid group.  We pretty much grabbed a corner of the graveyard and the whole group farmed that corner.  We used shrines in quests.  We participated in numerous dragon events.  We generally would wait for a minute or so before entering to increase the odds are whole group got in the same instance.  It also seemed later instances were less laggy and less noobalisious.  She use one pot...I never used one.  I manned a switch once...she did not.

I was on my capped wizard she was on her capped RS cleric.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:00am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #49 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:03am
Print Post  
It seems to me that this should be pretty easy to verify. They look at how many items I have on my acct, figure out how many scales that takes, see how many times I did the dragon.

They would easily see I should have more scales then I have since I was in three failed runs.

Honestly, a 30 day ban for not getting anything is a little silly.

Yeah I dc'd like a mofo. Never was it on purpose.

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint