Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) ***REAL REASON FOR EXPLOIT*** (Read 15610 times)
TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

***REAL REASON FOR EXPLOIT***
Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:22am
Print Post  
To cleanse all these false rumors like "pulling the switches got you banned" which was completely false. Pulling the switches was how you DID the raid, and everyone gets a scale regardless.

So what's the reason?

During the event there was a known exploit. INSIDE the dragon portion, if you were to DC right after or before completion of the dragon, you could wait five minutes or so, then log back in. Upon login, you would load in a different instance. Ultimately killing a dragon in multiple instances granting you multiple scales.

Some people were unaware of this exploit, however, DC'd during the dragon and were therefore, counted as an exploiter. When they logged back in, you may have been in a separate instance and received multiple scales, or maybe you didn't receive multiple scales but still were in a new instance. As unfair as it may be, it's true. Hope this clears things up.

As far as the conspiring devs, (as experience of being an admin on two other games myself) I would assume they have some sort of automated detecting system for this since the ToD boots exploit, and were able to detect these players.

**They may have banned you if the person in your party was doing it

-------

Peechie wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:32am:
So i get a 3 day ban because my guildie's TraSh80/crappy connection couldn't handle the event?  Huh

Most likely yes, which is why Turbine essentially "fucked up" and is deleting any threads and posts of people even talking about it. If it wasn't this drastic, Turbine wouldn't be avoiding the issue, this we obviously know.

------Other known exploits during this event----

~You could cast mass invisibility on the altar inside the dragon chamber (I have confirmed this to have nothing to do with the banning of players as it did not reflect the end results of the quest, be that on the player's behalf or not)

**Turbine's behalf**
We know this is a monstrous fuck up on Turbine's behalf. Otherwise we would have answers as to why people are getting banned. Also, those who DID get banned would have a more specific explanation, rather than just a generic reference to an exploiting section in the code of conduct.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:53am by TheCube »  

stainer wrote on Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:33am:
Actually I am the IT/QA Manager for a medium sized company. I do pretty well for myself. I have an outdoor bar with a TV. I HAVE A FUCKING FLATSCREEN OUTSIDE MOTHERFUCKER. OUT FUCKING SIDE. O U T S I D E. .

Nerdraging at it's finest Wink

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: ***REAL REASON FOR EXPLOIT***
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Never DC'd in an instance, and got banned.

IP Logged

Steelrock
Dragon Raider

Elite Raiders

Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Sirea wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:23am:

Same.

Turbine is a company, not your friend.

If a company you have been loyal to suddenly changes their product so that it either is worse or not even working any more then only a complete fool would continue to patronize them.

Business only understands one thing, the bottom line.

The posters above who have a delusional perception of their relationship with Turbine seem to be suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

IP Logged

Mkz
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:25am
Print Post  

Ditto

IP Logged

Khaldan
Korthos Resident

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:26am
Print Post  
I did this, I'm not banned. This isn't the reason.

IP Logged

woundweaver
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:26am
Print Post  
now this kind of makes sense now. i personally would alt f4 a few times when first entering to switch instances to be in with guildies, seeing as the raid instance was public and random. didnt think about it, but i made it a habit everytime i was in with only a few guildies or a shortman instance. never got more than one scale, though
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:27am by woundweaver »  

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:27am
Print Post  
same, never dc'ed during the dragon
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:28am by Peechie »  

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Was that really TheCube or just a prank?
Have we just stumbled upon a way to actually get fucking answers to this kind of shit without breaking the ToS?
If so, we love you Cube!

If not, GFY whoever you are.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:28am
Print Post  

Ditto no ban but a warning.

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:28am
Print Post  
They may have banned you if the person in your party was doing it.

Actually I am the IT/QA Manager for a medium sized company. I do pretty well for myself. I have an outdoor bar with a TV. I HAVE A FUCKING FLATSCREEN OUTSIDE MOTHERFUCKER. OUT FUCKING SIDE. O U T S I D E. .

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:27am:
Was that really TheCube or just a prank?
Have we just stumbled upon a way to actually get fucking answers to this kind of shit without breaking the ToS?
If so, we love you Cube!

If not, GFY whoever you are.

Don't try and flame a flaming forums

IP Logged

voodoogroves
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:29am
Print Post  
I'm positive I did log out once, after the lag killed me.  I restarted the client and ended up logging back on with a different toon.

It would be amusing if you can't log-out or restart your client to clear lag, in a very stupid way.

YEE MUST PLAY WIT DA LAG OR UR IZ BANNED!!!1!!!1

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:29am
Print Post  
TheCube wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:28am:
They may have banned you if the person in your party was doing it.

Almost always was in a group with friends or guildies and never noticed any of them suspiciously DCing and reconnecting.

Keep trying.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:30am by Sirea »  

IP Logged

Fasttaco
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Nahh, one of the developers added in a secret 1d20 roll to anyone who entered the dragon fight, on a natural 20 your account is flagged as being an exploiter some how which was then investigated by clueless GM's.

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #14 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:32am
Print Post  
So i get a 3 day ban because my guildie's TraSh80/crappy connection couldn't handle the event?  Huh

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Peechie wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:32am:

Most likely yes, which is why Turbine essentially "fucked up" and is deleting any threads and posts of people even talking about it. If it wasn't this drastic, Turbine wouldn't be avoiding the issue, this we obviously know.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Pull the other one.

On the off chance it is a legit message - have the balls to be up-front on your own forums out of simple courtesy, or you can take your regulation book and break it off in your ass sideways.

Thank you,
a non-banned, non-exploiting, pissed off paying customer.

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Sirea wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:29am:
Almost always was in a group with friends or guildies and never noticed any of them suspiciously DCing and reconnecting.

Keep trying.

Maybe you just "never noticed"

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Quote:
Pull the other one.

On the off chance it is a legit message - have the balls to be up-front on your own forums out of simple courtesy, or you can take your regulation book and break it off in your ass sideways.

Thank you,
a non-banned, non-exploiting, pissed off paying customer.

I will heed your advice granted that in the future I do obtain my own forums. This is prized advice which I will cherish, especially coming from someone who is on a dedicated exploiting forums site Smiley

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #19 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:49am
Print Post  
TheCube wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:22am:
To cleanse all these false rumors like "pulling the switches got you banned" which was completely false. Pulling the switches was how you DID the raid, and everyone gets a scale regardless.

So what's the reason?

During the event there was a known exploit. INSIDE the dragon portion, if you were to DC right after or before completion of the dragon, you could wait five minutes or so, then log back in. Upon login, you would load in a different instance. Ultimately killing a dragon in multiple instances granting you multiple scales.

Some people were unaware of this exploit, however, DC'd during the dragon and were therefore, counted as an exploiter. When they logged back in, you may have been in a separate instance and received multiple scales, or maybe you didn't receive multiple scales but still were in a new instance. As unfair as it may be, it's true. Hope this clears things up.

As far as the conspiring devs, (as experience of being an admin on two other games myself) I would assume they have some sort of automated detecting system for this since the ToD boots exploit, and were able to detect these players.

**They may have banned you if the person in your party was doing it

-------

Hi Welcome
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:49am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:55am
Print Post  
TheCube wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:46am:
I will heed your advice granted that in the future I do obtain my own forums. This is prized advice which I will cherish, especially coming from someone who is on a dedicated exploiting forums site Smiley

Quite welcome. Feel free to fondle and stroke the advice as often as you like. You also helped me get my once-a-month feed-the-trolls quota (hey, it's one of the forum regs here, after all Tongue) , so it's appreciated on this end as well.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #21 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 2:00am
Print Post  
If what you are saying, TheCube, is true then this is what I don't get:

How in the flying fuck would so many people get banned who claimed to do nothing wrong?  Logically going with what you've posted it would seem that the tracked interval parameters where completely fucked up.

There were a lot of people dc'ing during that event.  When full the lag was enough to make my head spin at times.  This is not even counting my poor video card trying to keep up with the framerates.

If people were tracking dc's as a source if information to determine possible exploiting, how is it that folks who restarted their client when lagged out being punished for trying to play?

I wasn't banned, nor did I exploit anything.  I ran three toons through that event trying to get things for them.  Also there are people on these forums that have no interest in exploiting the game.  Please keep that in mind to avoid the same broad brush mentality.

IP Logged

AyumiAmakusa
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 2:29am
Print Post  
What a load of bullshit.

Banned because you were in a party with someone who DC'ed?

Turbine can GFY.

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 2:00am:
If what you are saying, TheCube, is true then this is what I don't get:

How in the flying fuck would so many people get bannedwho claimed to do nothing wrong?  Logically going with what you've posted it would seem that the tracked interval parameters where completely fucked up.

There were a lot of people dc'ing during that event.  When full the lag was enough to make my head spin at times.  This is not even counting my poor video card trying to keep up with the framerates.

If people were tracking dc's as a source if information to determine possible exploiting, how is it that folks who restarted their client when lagged out being punished for trying to play?

I wasn't banned, nor did I exploit anything.  I ran three toons through that event trying to get things for them.  Also there are people on these forums that have no interest in exploiting the game.  Please keep that in mind to avoid the same broad brush mentality.

1.How in the flying fuck would so many people get bannedwho claimed to do nothing wrong?

A. Like I said, they may have not intentionally done anything wrong. They may have just DC'd on a character at one point during the event.

2. There were a lot of people dc'ing during that event

A. And there were a lot of people banned.  Smiley

3. If people were tracking dc's as a source if information to determine possible exploiting, how is it that folks who restarted their client when lagged out being punished for trying to play?

A. This is precisely what I presume Turbine to be guilty of, which explains:
-All the unfair bans
-Matched the bans with the exploit
-Further proves my point that Turbine is avoiding the matter at hand and deleting posts and threads discussing the topic. Similar to the Tienamen Sqaure in China. It is Turbine censorship.

4.I wasn't banned, nor did I exploit anything.

A. So you're really not entitled to speak  Embarrassed

5. Also there are people on these forums that have no interest in exploiting the game

A. I am aware of this kthxbye  Undecided
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 2:30am by TheCube »  

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

If its in fact for dc'ing...
Reply #24 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 2:33am
Print Post  
Wish I woulda at least received more scales for my exploiting, the same amount as everyone else suxxor. At least then when i get my acct back in 30 days, I would have a lot more craptastic loot to enjoy Smiley

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint