Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) ***REAL REASON FOR EXPLOIT*** (Read 15632 times)
QuantumEntanglement
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: ***REAL REASON FOR EXPLOIT***
Reply #25 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:31am
Print Post  
If you really are the cube from the forums, then thank you for having the courage to come here, where free speech, not censorship, reigns.  To get such a direct, inside scoop on what the hell is going on is probably something nobody here or there ever expected.  For that, I'm sure I am not the only one grateful.

If you are under non disclosure agreements, I understand the pointlessness of asking you to prove who you are by doing something as the cube in the other forum suggested here.  Anonymity may be the only reason you considered coming on here at all.

Course if you're not, then jokes on us for thinkin you are.  You're only wrong on one point.  You said someone who wasn't hit by a ban isn't entitled to speak.  Sorry to say, the victimized need all the support they can get.  This includes people who weren't banned for this, like say you.  Thanks again.

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:43am
Print Post  
QuantumEntanglement wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:31am:
Sorry to say, the victimized need all the support they can get.  This includes people who weren't banned for this, like say you.  Thanks again.

You speak of "the victimized" as if they are rape victims. Please keep in mind it IS just a game. 3 days with your family and friends might be a good thing in the scheme of things. I am more concerned for people like Quik, who were awarded THIRTY days. I can only imagine that those with 3 day bans are curled up in the corner of their dark rooms, rocking back and forth, sucking on their thumbs. Though I do understand that heavy gamers (such as myself) like to get started on something (such as leveling a TR perhaps) and are disgruntled when granted a 3 day ban in the middle of it all. Just know that you'll for sure be off all your toons' raid timers upon return Smiley

stainer wrote on Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:33am:
Actually I am the IT/QA Manager for a medium sized company. I do pretty well for myself. I have an outdoor bar with a TV. I HAVE A FUCKING FLATSCREEN OUTSIDE MOTHERFUCKER. OUT FUCKING SIDE. O U T S I D E. .

Nerdraging at it's finest Wink

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #27 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Honestly its not a huge deal and heres why.

My 6 month sub is up in a few weeks on this acct. I have gont ptp on my other accts. Money is tight, and I was seriously considering subbing up again. This makes my decision easy.

In a week and a half I'll be driving cross country for the holidays.

Ive been wanting to check out Dragon Age.

Theres a few books ive been thinking of starting.

The yard needs a bit of work ive been neglecting.

Etc etc. Youre right its a game. I dont see a point in paying monthly when Ive been punished for something i didnt do, with no explanation, warning etc.

Im not looking for anyone to cry me a river. I wasnt happy that when I went to log in for the night I couldnt, and I wanted to vent a bit. Meh my frustration will pass. In the big scheme, its so irrelevant.

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Quikster wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:52am:

My 6 month sub is up in a few weeks on this acct. I have gont ptp on my other accts. Money is tight, and I was seriously considering subbing up again. This makes my decision easy.

Etc etc. Youre right its a game. I dont see a point in paying monthly when Ive been punished for something i didnt do, with no explanation, warning etc.

Im not looking for anyone to cry me a river. I wasnt happy that when I went to log in for the night I couldnt, and I wanted to vent a bit. Meh my frustration will pass. In the big scheme, its so irrelevant.

Good spirit.

Actually I am the IT/QA Manager for a medium sized company. I do pretty well for myself. I have an outdoor bar with a TV. I HAVE A FUCKING FLATSCREEN OUTSIDE MOTHERFUCKER. OUT FUCKING SIDE. O U T S I D E. .

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 4:08am
Print Post  
TheCube wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:43am:
You speak of "the victimized" as if they are rape victims. Please keep in mind it IS just a game. 3 days with your family and friends might be a good thing in the scheme of things. I am more concerned for people like Quik, who were awarded THIRTY days. I can only imagine that those with 3 day bans are curled up in the corner of their dark rooms, rocking back and forth, sucking on their thumbs. Though I do understand that heavy gamers (such as myself) like to get started on something (such as leveling a TR perhaps) and are disgruntled when granted a 3 day ban in the middle of it all. Just know that you'll for sure be off all your toons' raid timers upon return Smiley

it isnt the gravity of the issue, its the principle. i did not in anyway participate in the mabar event and hence escaped this mass ban. from all reports i heard, the lag during the mabar event was really bad, there were also threads in the forum stating so. it is widely accepted that when lag is bad, that the thing to do is to restart the client in hope that it clears up the memory, etc. many people have unknowingly done so during the mabar event. as of the posts i've read here, many players claimed that they did not dc and one of your response was that people in their group were and that resulted in the bans

either way, the punishment is unfair. in addition, turbine tagged the banned players as a "cheater" for something they didnt know or do. turbine has shown time and again how dumb they are when it comes to handling exploit cases. take the renown farming in adq as an example. before renown, it was ok to farm scrolls there. after renown, without a word, it becomes an exploit. seriously, 3 days or 30, being banned unfairly is being banned unfairly
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 4:09am by Aranticus »  

IP Logged

QuantumEntanglement
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Injustice is injustice, no matter the scope.  Agreed, thirty days is much more of a wrong than three, but anything more than zero is undeserved.  Being placed into the same area as someone who does wrong without even knowing this has happened to you is not anyone's fault but Turbines for creating the event.  The only thing such a person did wrong was participate, and being punished in any small way, while not like being falsely imprisoned for life, IS wrong, plain and simple.  There is no gray area here.

Do you disagree?  If guilt by association is justice, then shouldn't we be all disciplined in a party if some jerk joins and cusses people out and gets reported?  Or would that only be wrong as long as the innocent only got a few days banned?  And if you really don't believe they are being done wrong, why are you here?  My use of victimized was for identification, not connotation.  Let's just call them the "not quite so screwed" and move on to what is Turbine actually willing to do to reverse and/or fix their class A fuck up.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 4:10am
Print Post  
Quikster wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:52am:

i cancelled my recurring sub as well and filled up my exit survey. i had enough of turbine's incompetence

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #32 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 4:22am
Print Post  
This is outrageous.   So now I have to try to log on and see if I was banned because I DC'ed once at the start of a raid?  You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

Chynum
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 7:04am
Print Post  
  I don't know if the cube is really " the cube" but what he/she says is true or was true on Thelanis. I was told about it on the first night of the long weekend and there were basically two large guilds doing it as a practice and then some peeps who run epic raids as puggers or just assosciates of the ones who were in the know. They were not advertising. I highly doubt more than 1% of the population ever knew about it.

It didn't interest me to participate because I really don't advocate exploiting. I did get an email saying my account was flagged on my main account but i did not get one on my second account which I played in there at least 90% as much as my main. I double boxed the dragon at least 6-7 times manning a lever on both my wf sorc and my cleric so i had plenty of scales without breaking any rules I was directly aware of. I'd say 75% of the 50 or so people in my guild got letters also, though only one I am aware of got a ban ( 3 days) and I know for sure he didn't use the altf4sploit. We are speculating they are tagging people who dropped group often to use the shrines in FBTG since we were mainly in raid groups. I cannot think of anything else they could really tag so many people for. If that is an exploit then Thelanis will be very bare for a few days..as far as the ones who used altf4  consistently and who also have prior suspensions for exploiting, I hope they get perma banned.

IP Logged

ZombieKenny
Korthos Resident

Reply #34 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 7:12am
Print Post  
Unless they banned everyone in the instance at the point in time where someone else did this (that wasn't in group) then this wasn't the cause, cause I never DCd during the raids, and noone in my parties did either (I only did 1 or 2 with parties, and they were guild parties.)

IP Logged

frankovitch
Korthos Resident

Trust me..Im a Journalist.

Reply #35 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 7:29am
Print Post  
interesting that on their facebook page
ddo unlimited are publicising an event for 11/11
perhaps the mass bannings and this undisclosed upcoming event are in fact connected.
Its one way to convince the recently migrated EU players that lag is non existent on the current server network.
remove 1/3 of the user base while migration occurs.
Think about it....

From the personal tty of Franko

IP Logged

ZombieKenny
Korthos Resident

Reply #36 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 7:41am
Print Post  
frankovitch wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 7:29am:
remove 1/3 of the user base permanently

IP Logged

Ravenfire
Korthos Resident

Reply #37 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 8:14am
Print Post  
11/11 is a far more important event for Australians than some game update

IP Logged

Fuckstick
Korthos Resident

So sexy.

Reply #38 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:07am
Print Post  
I had a guildie do this intentionally.  He received no ban or warning.  I had no such DC, lag or otherwise, during my runs.  I received a warning.

Sorry, this isn't the reason.

IP Logged

heman3131
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:42am
Print Post  
I recieved a 7 day ban....I have DnD client errors everywhere all the time...however during the dragon event it happened more than usual..outta my control I am punished for logging back into a game after my client errors?  I care not about the  7 days, but I care about it happening in the future and possibly perma banning my account of which ive invested 4 + years building.  turbine implemented a buggy, laggy client crashing event then punished the player base for their incompetence.  Shame on them.

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 4:08am:
it isnt the gravity of the issue, its the principle. i did not in anyway participate in the mabar event and hence escaped this mass ban. from all reports i heard, the lag during the mabar event was really bad, there were also threads in the forum stating so. it is widely accepted that when lag is bad, that the thing to do is to restart the client in hope that it clears up the memory, etc. many people have unknowingly done so during the mabar event. as of the posts i've read here, many players claimed that they did not dc and one of your response was that people in their group were and that resulted in the bans

either way, the punishment is unfair. in addition, turbine tagged the banned players as a "cheater" for something they didnt know or do. turbine has shown time and again how dumb they are when it comes to handling exploit cases. take the renown farming in adq as an example. before renown, it was ok to farm scrolls there. after renown, without a word, it becomes an exploit. seriously, 3 days or 30, being banned unfairly is being banned unfairly

What was the point of your post there other than repeating what everyone else has been saying? You didn't "in any way participate in the event", so you can stop right there  Embarrassed
Obviously this was a Turbine "fuck up" as I clearly mentioned in the original post, so no kidding it's not fair, that's what this entire spiel is about.

Also, no shit there was lag, it was a live event with 30+ instances as some point. Good conclusion Sherlock  Undecided

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:45am
Print Post  
frankovitch wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 7:29am:
interesting that on their facebook page
ddo unlimited are publicising an event for 11/11
perhaps the mass bannings and this undisclosed upcoming event are in fact connected.
Its one way to convince the recently migrated EU players that lag is non existent on the current server network.
remove 1/3 of the user base while migration occurs.
Think about it....

No  Undecided

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:46am
Print Post  
ZombieKenny wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 7:41am:

Just silly, they wouldn't do that. They get paid from those players.  Undecided

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Fuckstick wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:07am:
I had a guildie do this intentionally.  He received no ban or warning.  I had no such DC, lag or otherwise, during my runs.  I received a warning.

Sorry, this isn't the reason.

Sorry, but it is  Undecided

There are some few cases in which players who may or may not have intentionally or unintentionally been exploiting being aware of it or not, who may or may not have gotten banned. Just because you heard of "your one friend who said he was doing it and didn't get banned" does not rule out the entire equation. Sorry  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Gornin
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Wow, you are such a retread.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2010 at 10:54am by »  

IP Logged

TheCube
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Quote:
Wow, you are such a retread.

Retread...you just insulted yourself  Undecided

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #46 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:15am
Print Post  
TheCube wrote on Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:14am:
Retread...you just insulted yourself  Undecided

Actually retread is a legitimate insult.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #47 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
whoever hacked into Turbine HQ is my fucking hero

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #48 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:10pm
Print Post  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Awesome. The more negative press they get over this the better. Angry