Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Update 8 Release Notes (Read 2796 times)
Krythan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Update 8 Release Notes
Nov 12th, 2010 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Anyone have them? Update 8 is now available on Lama-land.

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Re: Update 8 Release Notes
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
all that is posted so far is

Quote:
We have been working on Update 8 for a while now, and I'm excited about it. The Content team has outdone themselves with four new quests that continue the story line from Update 7. Our Systems team worked together with the content folks to bring us some great new crafted Droaam items using the same technology that was employed in the Mabar event. The folks over in Art have put together some amazing new armor looks that you can apply to your existing armor using the Cosmetic Armor system. A group effort has finally brought us a very useful set of Rogue Hirelings, and the Half-Elves have received their Dilettante Enhancement lines. All that, changes to the Drow enhancement lines, and many bug fixes are a part of Update

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the preview Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These release notes were posted Friday, November 12th, 2010. These release notes are subject to additions and changes.

News & Notes

Of Special Note:

New Adventure Pack: Seige of Stormreach

The continuing saga of the siege on Lordsmarch Palace in Stormreach continues as the plot expands to include the powerful green Hag, a primary leader from Droaam, the kingdom of monsters. Four adventures launching from the Lordsmarch plaza will send players to over, under and around Stormreach eventually leading to an ancient giants ruin where monstrous deeds are underway.

* Defend against waves of attackers to help protect a city ward!
    * Go on a covert mission to stop a Droaam navy blockade!
    * Beat back a surprise attack beneath the city!
    * Infiltrate abandoned Giant ruins to confront the powerful and deadly leader of the Droaam invasion

This level 13 adventure pack includes 4 hand crafted adventures! Available to VIPs for preview on Lamannia! Visit the Lords March Plaza to begin your adventures!
Cosmetic Armor Preview

New cosmetic armors are coming to the DDO Store! Tired of the same old armor? Looking for something with a little more flair? New Cosmetic Armor is the answer! Like cosmetic hats, cosmetic armor attaches to existing armor sets so you don’t lose the benefits of your real armor. Cosmetic armor can be found in treasure, sold at the auction house, or purchased in the DDO Store! Not sure that the robe you are eyeing is exactly what you are looking for? No worries! You can sample cosmetic sets in designated trial zones prior to purchasing a permanent application. Cosmetic armor can be toggled on and off in case you feel like changing to the old look of your armor, but it is not removable.

Two new sets of cosmetic armor are available for preview on Lamannia! Each set will have variations, color options, and each color option has unique accessories attached.
Introducing Cookie Jars!

Are you overflowing with Festivult treats? There's a new type of storage container available in the DDO Store: cookie jars! These jars can help you store and track your Festivult cake and cookie collection. These jars can hold the following types of edible Festivult items:

* Cookies
    * Jelly cakes
    * Cupcakes

Available in both small and large sizes for all your holiday treat tracking needs!
New: Rogue Hirelings

We're pleased to introduce the newest line of Hirelings: rogues! These hirelings can help you find and disarm traps, and more! Rogue hirelings offer excellent damage with their sneak attacks, and can be commanded to stealth through dangerous places! Some can even assassinate your enemies! Rogue hirelings are making their debut exclusively in the DDO Store!
General Hireling Changes

* Hirelings are now better at detecting traps (and secret doors) before their master runs into (or past) them.
    * Hirelings get a little more chatty when they go incap, die, get resurrected, or see you taking loot (maybe?).
    * Hirelings now pay attention to speed boosts and should have an easier time keeping up with players.
    * Hirelings should fall into pit traps much less often in the Rainbow in the Dark quest.

UI Improvements

General Changes

* During character generation, Races will now list all racial feats in the Stats panel to give players a better understanding of the differences between the races when creating their character (when they select a premade path).
    * A visual effect now players when switching between characters.
    * The "sell junk" icon has been updated to be more clear.
    * Values are now left aligned in the Inventory UI.
    * Shadows will no longer flicker when objects appear in the distance under DirectX 10.
    * Device Workstations have improved UI elements to make them more friendly to aspiring rogues.

Combat

* Missiles fired (including spells that fire missiles) will now hit player targets from all ranges, no longer going through the target player when at close range.

Crafting

* Trapmaking recipes now yield increased results. Recipes that used to give 10 items now give 25, and recipes that used to give 5 now give 15. Grenade recipes now require 25 vials. Spell Trap recipes now require only one scroll.

Items

* Bracelet of Friends and Greater Bracelet of Friends have been fixed to function as advertised now.
    * Epic Scrolls are now immediately given to a random party member instead of being a (ninja) lootable bag.
    * Half-orcs should see fewer seams in their armor.

Crafting

* Returning Throwing weapons can now be used in the stone of change like all other weapons.

Monsters

* Duergar now occasionally carry the spoils of their mining for the enjoyment of aspiring gemologists.
    * Earth elementals will no longer move forward while earth grabbing.
    * Maruts will spam stun and blind effects a little less frequently after they rage out.

Quest & Adventure Area Changes

General Quest Changes

* Added color blindness support to many of the puzzle wheels in the game, as well as the ancient Doomsday Device in the Stormreaver raid.
    * Trap boxs will no longer replay their discovered fxs when players re-approach them if they've already disabled. They will continue to do so if they have not yet been disabled.
    * Fixed stuck spots in the following quests:
          o Bargain of Blood
          o A Small Problem
          o Stealer of Souls
    * Grammar lessons have been given to NPCs in the following quests and locations:
          o The Grotto
          o The Chronoscope
          o Vault of Night
          o The Airship Showroom
          o Gianthold

Depths of Doom

* Moved the boxes slightly so their loot doesn't get lost in the dirt pile.

Three Barrel Cove

Two-Toed Tobias

* Fixed a blocked ladder.

Red Fens

* Grounded some fences that were trying to fly away in the landscape.

Devils of Shavarath

The Chronoscope

* Veheer now bestows all his buffs at once.

Deception in Stormreach

Eyes of Stone

* Exploding barrels will no longer leave strange graphical effects in the air after they explode.

Skills, Feats, and Abilities

Spells

General Spell Changes

* Sound Burst now functions again when soft targeted or untargeted.

Enhancements

New Racial Enhancements

* New Enhancements tied to the Half-Elf Dilettante feats have been added:
          o Barbarian:
                + Half-Elf Improved Damage Reduction I
                      # Prereqs: Level 5, Half-Elf Barbarian Dilettante, 14 AP Spent
                      # Cost: 2 AP
                      # Benefit: You gain an additional point of damage reduction, improving your existing damage reduction by 1/-.
                + Half-Elf Improved Damage Reduction II
                      # Prereqs: Level 11, Half-Elf Barbarian Dilettante, Half-Elf Improved Damage Reduction I, 36 AP Spent
                      # Cost: 4 AP
                      # Benefit: You gain an additional point of damage reduction, improving your existing damage reduction by 1/-.
                + Half-Elf Barbarian Toughness I
                      # Prereqs: Level 3, Half-Elf Barbarian Dilettante, Toughness, 7 AP Spent
                      # Cost: 1 AP
                      # Benefit: Grants you 10 additional hit points if you have the Toughness feat.
                + Half-Elf Barbarian Toughness II
                      # Prereqs: Level 8, Half-Elf Barbarian Dilettante, Toughness, Half-Elf Barbarian Toughness I, 26 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Grants you 10 additional hit points if you have the Toughness feat, bringing the total increase to 20 hit points.
                + Half-Elf Barbarian Constitution I
                      # Prereqs: Level 9, Half-Elf Barbarian Dilettante, 30 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Grants a +1 increase to your Constitution score. This counts as a class based ability score enhancement.
          o Bard:
                + Improved Bard Dilettante I
                      # Prereqs: Level 5, Half-Elf Bard Dilettante, 15 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Increases your caster level in your dilettante class by 2, so you are now treated as a third level bard instead of first level.
                + Improved Bard Dilettante II
                      # Prereqs: Level 10, Half-Elf Bard Dilettante, Improved Bard Dilettante I, 34 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Increases your caster level in your dilettante class by 3, so you are now treated as a sixth level bard instead of third level.
                + Improved Bard Dilettante III
                      # Prereqs: Level 15, Half-Elf Bard Dilettante, Improved Bard Dilettante II, 53 AP Spent
                      # Cost: 3 AP
                      # Benefit: Increases your caster level in your dilettante class by 4, so you are now treated as a tenth level bard instead of sixth level.
                + Half-Elf Bard Charisma I
                      # Prereqs: Level 9, Half-Elf Bard Dilettante, 30 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Grants a +1 increase to your Charisma score. This counts as a class based ability score enhancement.
          o Cleric:
                + Improved Cleric Dilettante I
                      # Prereqs: Level 5, Half-Elf Cleric Dilettante, 15 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Increases your caster level in your dilettante class by 2, so you are now treated as a third level cleric instead of first level.
                + Improved Cleric Dilettante II
                      # Prereqs: Level 10, Half-Elf Cleric Dilettante, Improved Cleric Dilettante I, 34 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Increases your caster level in your dilettante class by 3, so you are now treated as a sixth level cleric instead of third level.
                + Improved Cleric Dilettante III
                      # Prereqs: Level 15, Half-Elf Cleric Dilettante, Improved Cleric Dilettante II, 53 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Increases your caster level in your dilettante class by 4, so you are now treated as a tenth level cleric instead of sixth level.
                + Half-Elf Cleric Wisdom I
                      # Prereqs: Level 9, Half-Elf Cleric Dilettante, 30 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Grants a +1 increase to your Wisdom score. This counts as a class based ability score enhancement.
          o Favored Soul:
                + Improved Favored Soul Dilettante I
                      # Prereqs: Level 5, Half-Elf Favored Soul Dilettante, 15 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Increases your caster level in your dilettante class by 2, so you are now treated as a third level favored soul instead of first level.
                + Improved Favored Soul Dilettante II
                      # Prereqs: Level 10, Half-Elf Favored Soul Dilettante, Improved Favored Soul Dilettante I, 34 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Increases your caster level in your dilettante class by 3, so you are now treated as a sixth level favored soul instead of third level.
                + Improved Favored Soul Dilettante III
                      # Prereqs: Level 15, Half-Elf Favored Soul Dilettante, Improved Favored Soul Dilettante II, 53 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Increases your caster level in your dilettante class by 4, so you are now treated as a tenth level favored soul instead of sixth level.
                + Half-Elf Favored Soul Charisma I
                      # Prereqs: Level 9, Half-Elf Favored Soul Dilettante, 30 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Grants a +1 increase to your Charisma score. This counts as a class based ability score enhancement.
          o Fighter:
                + Half-Elf Armor Mastery I
                      # Prereqs: Level 5, Half-Elf Fighter Dilettante, 14 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Gives you the ability to move better in armor, increasing the Maximum Dexterity Bonus on your armor by +1. You may still be restricted by your tower shield's max Dex bonus.
                + Half-Elf Armor Mastery II
                      # Prereqs: Level 11, Half-Elf Fighter Dilettante, Half-Elf Armor Mastery I, 36 AP Spent
                      # Cost: 4 AP
                      # Benefit: Gives you the ability to move better in armor, increasing the Maximum Dexterity Bonus on your armor by an additional +1. You may still be restricted by your tower shield's max Dex bonus.
                + Half-Elf Strategy (Trip) I
                      # Prereqs: Level 3, Half-Elf Fighter Dilettante, 7 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Grants a +1 bonus to the DC of your Trip and Improved Trip feats.
                + Half-Elf Strategy (Trip) II
                      # Prereqs: Level 8, Half-Elf Fighter Dilettante, Half-Elf Strategy (Trip) I, 26 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Grants an additional +1 bonus on the DC of your Trip and Improved Trip feats, bringing the total increase to 2.
                + Half-Elf Strategy (Stunning Blow) I
                      # Prereqs: Level 3, Half-Elf Fighter Dilettante, Stunning Blow, 7 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Grants a +1 bonus to the DC of your Stunning Blow feat.
                + Half-Elf Strategy (Stunning Blow) II
                      # Prereqs: Level 8, Half-Elf Fighter Dilettante, Stunning Blow, Half-Elf Strategy (Stunning Blow) I, 26 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Grants an additional +1 bonus on the DC of your Stunning Blow feat, bringing the total increase to 2.
                + Half-Elf Strategy (Sunder) I
                      # Prereqs: Level 3, Half-Elf Fighter Dilettante, 7 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Grants a +1 bonus to the DC of your Sunder and Improved Sunder feats.
                + Half-Elf Strategy (Sunder) II
                      # Prereqs: Level 8, Half-Elf Fighter Dilettante, Half-Elf Strategy (Sunder) I, 26 AP Spent
                      # Benefit: Grants an additional +1 bonus on the DC of your Sund

New Prestige Class Enhancements

General Enhancement Changes

* The Drow Spell Resistance line of enhancements has been removed. Drow will now inherently possess Spell Resistance equal to 10 + Character Level.
    * The Drow Ranged Attack and Damage lines of enhancements have been removed. Shuriken have been added to the Drow Melee lines, which have been renamed "Drow Racial Weapon Attack" and "Drow Racial Weapon Damage".

Sound Updates

* The Master Volume control in the Options panel under Audio can be used to affect overall volume.
    * The Persistent Sound checkbox in the Options panel under Audio can now be checked to allow sounds to continue to play if the game focus is lost or minimized.
    * Half-orcs have discovered the joy of laughter.

Other changes

* The spectral dragon in the Mabar Festival of Endless Night Summoning Chamber will no longer become unresponsive and unkillable.
    * Veteran status chracters who opt to go to Korthos beach will no longer be bound to the Marketplace when on the beach (they will be bound to Korthos like everyone else).
    * Grounded a floating door, unearthed a submerged ladder, and busted through some invisible walls in the Market.
    * Several half-orc hairstyles have been adjusted so they fit more properly on their heads.
    * The Coinlords used the money they earn from Auction fees to commission new flags to fly in and around the Lordsmarch Plaza.
    * The Favored Soul trainer in Jorasco no longer nervously paces away while you try to speak with him. but is very sad that Keeper took away his coffee stash.
    * The Vampire infestation has been addressed: you can now see your character in mirrors when in first-person mode.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Krythan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 4:39pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Krythan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
WAHT!!! THIS IS EVEN WORSE:

"    * Epic Scrolls are now immediately given to a random party member instead of being a (ninja) lootable bag."

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
dang stainer and his reading the actual ddo.com page instead of the forum.

and tolero for posting the release notes after I hit send grrr

« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2010 at 5:00pm by Invelios »  

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #6 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Krythan wrote on Nov 12th, 2010 at 4:40pm:
WAHT!!! THIS IS EVEN WORSE:

"    * Epic Scrolls are now immediately given to a random party member instead of being a (ninja) lootable bag."

It's a shitty solution, but it's better than the one they currently have in place, IMO.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #7 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 6:22pm
Print Post  

Nice to see half-elves being made less gimpy already. Almost tempted to roll one up now. Rogue Hirlings is going to piss off a lot of rogue/rogue splash players I suspect though. Good thing my rogue levels are for the sneak damage.

Kit

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

Dythan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
half elf is definetly looking more tempting.  Barb damage reduction, 20hp, and +1 con, hell ya.

Dythan
Khyber
Epik Poo

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #9 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
I wonder if you'll be able to take the "counts as a class enhancement" if you have a similar class enhancement available already.

In particular, will you be able to take the Barbarian Toughness I/II if you take your regular class's Toughness I/II.  It would be kind of stupid for them not to be available together, but 20 extra HP on top of the Racial Toughness seems like a lot.

6 AP for 30 HP from human-style Racial Toughness
2+2 AP for Adaptability Con + Barbarian "racial" Con for 20 HP
3 AP for another 20 HP from "racial" Barbarian Toughness

That's 13 AP for 70 HP and they still have a 4 AP Greater Human Versatility left to even out another ability.

Warforged and Dwarves get 20 HP from +2 "free" Con
10 AP for 40 HP
6 AP for 20 more HP from Racial Con.

That's 16 AP for 80 HP on the big two HP races.
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2010 at 11:25pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 12:10am
Print Post  
Personaly I think the new enhancement line for half elves is Fernandos doing. Hoping more people will play them so he has more spank material.

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Hakushi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 4:16am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Nov 12th, 2010 at 6:16pm:
It's a shitty solution, but it's better than the one they currently have in place, IMO.

I agree with you on this one.

DDO characters:

Raika, Carolanne, Coriza, Alexandra, Samara, Zaretta, Katina, Carelle, Nathalya, Karia, Kristina, Nausikaa, Carietta, Magaly, Rosanna, Venusia, Hetoff, Zyvorra, Zazumi, Isabella

IP Logged

Ew Vastano
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Nov 12th, 2010 at 6:16pm:

yep now questianable party members can ninja without anyone else knowing a scroll even dropped
great idea turbine

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #13 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Ew Vastano wrote on Nov 13th, 2010 at 6:39am:
yep now questianable party members can ninja without anyone else knowing a scroll even dropped
great idea turbine

Would it still be ninja looting since the scroll is randomly given out. I am not saying the system is better but it certainly isn't worse, I would much rather see the scrolls placed in the chests like seals. If somehow I manage to ever roll above a 40 my opinion on the matter might be different. Cheesy

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint