Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Epic Chrono (Read 7741 times)
Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Epic Chrono
Nov 14th, 2010 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Ran E-Chrono a couple days ago, seems that end fight is quite a challenge, looking for any tips that might help me make the run smoother.

I noticed crowd control was essential, basically tried to keep most trash dancing and nuked the final boss with elemental type damage when possible.

I just want to know other players approach to the raid, hoping there might be something other than the good old DPS beatdown.

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Epic Chrono
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Good communication.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
I have ran and completed Epic Chrono bfr the last patch but since the patch it has always been a fail. I think they might have broken it with the last patch because the final boss bfr the patch you had a 2-3 second warning to get out of the way when she went into dragon form after the patch once she turns it is almost instant death.

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Yeah it happens quicker now. Before the patch we would have the tank run straight back. Since the patch we have the tank step up and to the side a bit to avoid knockdown. If the tank dies, whoever is next on the agro list gets promoted (or demoted depending how you look at it)

Other than that its pretty much a tank and spank, cc devils, remove your own curses, fest.

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Yeah it is goes off faster but in a run 2 nights ago the bitch was chasing me around the pillar in Red Dragon form throwing her fire breath.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
You should ask Intervention. He wrote the guide on it.

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 8:23pm:
You should ask Intervention. He wrote the guide on it.

Yep god forbid someone try to put their experiences together so others can learn.

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 5:34pm:
Ran E-Chrono a couple days ago, seems that end fight is quite a challenge, looking for any tips that might help me make the run smoother.

I noticed crowd control was essential, basically tried to keep most trash dancing and nuked the final boss with elemental type damage when possible.

I just want to know other players approach to the raid, hoping there might be something other than the good old DPS beatdown.

What specifically were you having problems with, i.e. incoming damage outpacing healing, attacks that one-shot players, spawn waves, etc.?

I have yet to run it on Epic, so I have no solutions, but knowing what the problems are will help me when I do an Epic run.

2 or 3 guys from AM warned me not to even go in there because it was a pot guzzling marathon- I heard someone drank multiple dozens of Majors?  I know you're running this with good players, so I'd like to know if success is a matter of strategy or if it really is just one big clusterfuck.

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 11:46pm:
What specifically were you having problems with, i.e. incoming damage outpacing healing, attacks that one-shot players, spawn waves, etc.?

I have yet to run it on Epic, so I have no solutions, but knowing what the problems are will help me when I do an Epic run.

2 or 3 guys from AM warned me not to even go in there because it was a pot guzzling marathon- I heard someone drank multiple dozens of Majors?  I know you're running this with good players, so I'd like to know if success is a matter of strategy or if it really is just one big clusterfuck.

Yeah somethings not right then, shouldnt need that many pots. Sure maybe a few the first time or few through till youre used to it, but we're doing it routinely with 0 pots and in under 40 min with a pug or three in the group (as dps spots, no pug casters or healers)

more details so we can give more specific advice.

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 11:46pm:

You nailed it right off the bat. Main issues were collateral damage by trash and the massive hits taken by players that were too slow in pulling out when necessary. I also noticed a lot of damage via chain-lightning, thus making a constant refreshment of mass pro necessary. Ring of the Djinn would be a great situational item but with TOD rings taking up most ring slots I doubt people even take this into consideration anymore. Definitely want to bring as much heavy duty DPS as possible and at least 2 solid mages spamming otto's and mass holds on trash.

IP Logged

moorewr
Korthos Resident

Lasciate ogne speranza,
voi ch’intrate.

Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Our guild runs are sometimes failing, sometimes night in the end fight.. my thoughts..

• It seems to make a difference to keep everyone off the raised platform.. you get a lot less trash.. still some devils, but not as many.
  • It seems to make a difference to switch weapon types, ie frost v. red, fire v. white, etc.
  • As someone said above, communicate.. the boss doesn't have that much HP for an epic boss.. and his normal dps isn't that bad.. if your healing is good keep the main tank in front of the abishai even when it is in dragon form...
  • befriend aa high hp tank with an ESOS. It will be quicker that way

--Thelanis, Archangels & GSI

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #11 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Quikster wrote on Nov 15th, 2010 at 12:38am:
Yeah somethings not right then, shouldnt need that many pots. Sure maybe a few the first time or few through till youre used to it, but we're doing it routinely with 0 pots and in under 40 min with a pug or three in the group (as dps spots, no pug casters or healers)

more details so we can give more specific advice.

This was a first time run-through.

Alekx wrote on Nov 15th, 2010 at 12:44am:
You nailed it right off the bat. Main issues were collateral damage by trash and the massive hits taken by players that were too slow in pulling out when necessary. I also noticed a lot of damage via chain-lightning, thus making a constant refreshment of mass pro necessary. Ring of the Djinn would be a great situational item but with TOD rings taking up most ring slots I doubt people even take this into consideration anymore. Definitely want to bring as much heavy duty DPS as possible and at least 2 solid mages spamming otto's and mass holds on trash.

Cool, thanks- good to know.

I don't play a lot of melee toons, so this may not be practical, but would it be hard to slot a +5/+10 inherent Lightning resist and Greater Lightning resist GS item?  I know people wouldn't want to sacrifice a slot, but let's be honest- you can't DPS when you're dead.  Not that many larges, either.

I was thinking of making GS Lightning resist/absorb items/weapons just for running EOOB (stupid lightning stairs...).  Gives me more incentive now that I've heard this.

Seems to me that the terrain in the Marketplace would present a challenge.  Direct line of sight for too many mobs to aggro on you, they teleport, they're above you...  The one thing I noticed when I started running it on non-Epic was that the mob AI/spawn points have a tendency to spread the melee out, making it harder to utilize masses to heal.

Pallai, Ascent
Argonessen

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #12 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Trash in the market is just that, trash. Shouldnt be an issue for a group expecting to complete an epic raid.

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #13 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 11:54am
Print Post  
update

After removing pugs (one of them an anonymous pew pew pew ranger) and replacing them with players I knew, the quest was a breeze. We designated a trash team with one stun monk and a pure kensai twf, mages solely dedicated to CC and mass holds on trash. Rest of DPS focused on main boss.

All in all a really fun endgame raid.

moorewr wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 10:01am:
It seems to make a difference to switch weapon types, ie frost v. red, fire v. white, etc.
As someone said above, communicate.. the boss doesn't have that much HP for an epic boss.. and his normal dps isn't that bad.. if your healing is good keep the main tank in front of the abishai even when it is in dragon form...

quoted for emphasis
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2010 at 11:57am by Alekx »  

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #14 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Nov 21st, 2010 at 11:54am:
update

After removing pugs (one of them an anonymous pew pew pew ranger) and replacing them with players I knew, the quest was a breeze.

Og, why the fuck were you pugging it?  Huh

Pallai, Ascent
Argonessen

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #15 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Nov 21st, 2010 at 12:32pm:
Og, why the fuck were you pugging it?  Huh

Im not a very patient person.

IP Logged

Raincloud
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #16 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Pugged it after the patch. Our solution was a high hp monk as main tank. His evasion and saves + hp were perfect for the dragon change ups. He died twice because he rolled a 1 on the first and the second death was do to lack of resist buffs. All in all, this worked well.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #17 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Raincloud wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 1:04am:
Pugged it after the patch. Our solution was a high hp monk as main tank. His evasion and saves + hp were perfect for the dragon change ups. He died twice because he rolled a 1 on the first and the second death was do to lack of resist buffs. All in all, this worked well.

Not sure how having your main tank die twice correlates with things working well.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #18 - Nov 24th, 2010 at 5:24am
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 8:44am:
Not sure how having your main tank die twice correlates with things working well.

Well, by high hp they probably meant around 450-470.  By high reflex save they meant a Str based Monk build.

Your HP cannot be that high if you die on a failed save.  Let's be honest here, improved evasion cuts dmg in half on a roll of 1, sooooo....

Oh, btw.  My current guild attempted it today, it was a guaranteed failure since the shit for brains raid leader decided to pug out 1 spot.  Pugged it to fucking Drymoist, So i went along and watched them all wipe, it was fucking great.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #19 - Nov 24th, 2010 at 5:46am
Print Post  
Did it yesterday and only had to drink 4 pots on my healer would have had to drink less but one of the healers was a fucking tard Vonhelen was his name for those that care.

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Raincloud
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #20 - Nov 24th, 2010 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 8:44am:

We ran it just after the patch come down. We weren't expecting the fire breath before the dragon change.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #21 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
I think we finally have a solid and viable strategy (after some practice) our last run went perfect with zero pots used.  So I figured I would share...

2 Wizards
1 Bard
3 Divines
2 Monks
4 Generic DPS

Bloodplate

We handled the whole fight in the main hallway into the bank.  Bloodplate was pulled to the door by an HP tank with a dedicated healer and we setup Disco and Web at the mouth of the hallway.  We floated 2 monks and the bard to hunt down the casters. We held and beat down the armors in the hallway.  Hypno/Dance/Hold the archers and devils.   Once the armors and casters go down everyone hops on Bloodplate. When he ports up drop trash devils and archers then lather rinse repeat. Then loot...pretty easy.  Talk to the guy in Phoenix and DDoor back.

Note:

The first couple times we did the Bloodplate fight we tried CC on the right and left ramps heading to the top of the bank.  It worked but it got messy.  Too much Disco made it hard to see and the party got spread out wasting resources and taking longer to drop trash.  It's totally doable even as messy as it was we barely used resources but fighting in the hallway seems much smoother and there was a lot more left in the blue bars.

Razor Arm

We had tried this a few different ways in previous runs...

-Pulling him to the Top level never seemed to work he would either refuse to come or just port away.  The tight confines made things more confused.

- Fighting on the bridge was a mess.  The CC made it difficult to see and the invisible walls blocked heals. (God, forbid you cannot heal over a 2 foot tall pillar.)  Devils and Razor Arm are both dumping damage on the party.  People breaking CC accidentally in the cluster fuck.  People getting blown off which can be devastating if it's the healers.  Too spread out to utilize mass heals effectively.  Just mass chaos...

...so we tried the bottom.  It seems to work best. Everyone jumps down.  Disco and Web on the two ramps, Hypno the archers.  Hold and beat down the devils.  Once the devils are clear, have some one pull Razor Arm.  He takes a while to get there because he tries ranging and tossing fireballs but if you hide under the bridge he can't do squat and eventually makes it down.  Beat on him till he ports up to a pipe.  Repeat the Disco, Web, Hypno, Hold, Kill Devils.  Grab Razor Arm again he will have regened some HP.  Beat on him.  You should be able to get him down to a sliver before he ports.  Just chase him down and finish him.  Clean up the leftovers.

Voltron

Part 1 - 5 Abishai

We have a caster pop a Disco or CK on the stage and kite the Abishai.  Obv. works best with a WF caster but a fleshie would work.  Pull them off one at a time and kill. Very simple.

Part 2 - Big Abishai

Someone hit on it earlier but the key is an improved evasion tank who can swallow the breath attacks.  We had a WF monk which worked perfect because we could throw a caster in to help heal. Outside the breath attacks this guy is just a giant bag of HP. The tank grabs agro and pulls the Abishai into the corner formed by the barrier right where you zone in.  This should keep the focused breath attacks on him and away from the party.  It also presents the rear for the party to attack same basic strategy as Horruth or Sally.  The killer for us in previous runs was the party getting too spread out when trash spawned and requiring all sorts of single heals wasting resources.  So when trash spawned the whole party minus the tank attacked trash.  We had a couple disco balls and webs on the ramp supplemented by mass holds.  The whole party focused on one devil at a time in one area so mass heals could maximize resource usage.  The trash seems to spawn in timed waves.  Once the trash is down, back on the boss.  We has someone calling out dragon form so that people knew when to bail out.  It can be difficult to see the shift from certain angles when you are in tight.  The same person called out which damage type it was vulnerable too and melees switched weapons to maximize damage output.  It took three trash rounds but the healers all still had juice in the tank when we finished. It went shockingly well compared to prior efforts.

Notes:

All 5 resists and FOM are a must.  We throw a full buff then run up and use the shrine in the Rusty Nail which is pretty much a freeby.

General Notes:

We had 2 deaths total.  One caster who got a bit a head of the party and ate a fireball from an Abishai followed by a chain lightning, ouchy.  One melee got caught in the Ice crystals on the final fight. 

There are enough shrines (4) to easily keep a full raid buff on the party for each boss fight.  Acid, Cold, Fire and Electric resists mitigate a fair amount of damage.

The trash in the marketplace are meaningless minus the flying Abishai getting jumped by two of them can be a wipe before you start.  I have also seen them get in places where they can fireball the party but you cannot get them.  Hold and manyshot are your friend to knock them to the ground. Everyone should have at least some ranged attack.  The casters can be nasty too but are easily neutralized by Otto's. Hypno works well on the rest of the trash.  (I love Archmage.)  As long as you go slow and stay together this should be a walk in the park.

The group that did this for the most part have been raiding together for 3 months.  Knowing each other and being able to count on where and what people will do is a big plus obv. Healers who know how to time each other and use unquickened mass heal.  Melees that can work as a team.   (I may be biased here as I hate pugs but I pity anyone trying this with a true pug.)  If you have knuckleheads who cannot attack the same target and break Hypno everywhere you will be hating life. 

As we get more comfortable the party composition could be changed to bring more DPS.

Casters need to have a good Enchantment DC, Obv.

We blew through pots like sailors on shore leave on the first few attempts till we locked down this strategy.  I hope this helps anyone who is trying the raid.  Overall, now that we have this it is a fun and challenging raid.  Prior to this our healers were ready to revolt.  We are gonna run a few more with the exact same party to see if there are any flaws or hiccups we may have missed or if we got lucky but I am fairly confident that this will hold up under testing.

« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2010 at 4:11pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Quikster
Titan Demolisher

n00balicious

Reply #22 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Our tanks step up I believe when he does his fire attack. They step up and to the side to avoid the knockdown.

With the steam tunnels, we have casters go disco all the portals and keep them up. Most of the trash gets hung up in them. The fight ends up not taking more than a handful of seconds.

~The Quikmeister~

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 4:00am
Print Post  
Had much success using SoP on all the tiefling trash in bloodplate fight. fuck disco balls

IP Logged

Sisster
Waterworks Kobold

Like Ya!!

Reply #24 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 4:10pm:
Healers who know how to time each other and use unquickened mass heal.  Melees that can work as a team.   (I may be biased here as I hate pugs but I pity anyone trying this with a true pug.)  If you have knuckleheads who cannot attack the same target and break Hypno everywhere you will be hating life. 

As we get more comfortable the party composition could be changed to bring more DPS.

Casters need to have a good Enchantment DC, Obv.

We blew through pots like sailors on shore leave on the first few attempts till we locked down this strategy.  I hope this helps anyone who is trying the raid.  Overall, now that we have this it is a fun and challenging raid.  Prior to this our healers were ready to revolt. No Kidding!! lol...  We are gonna run a few more with the exact same party to see if there are any flaws or hiccups we may have missed or if we got lucky but I am fairly confident that this will hold up under testing.

No we were all quickened with our mass heals, and no mana pot usage... But it probably helped we were all on our fvs's, and the party made it a point to stay and work together, so we weren't missing ppl in the mass heal. Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2010 at 1:28pm by Sisster »  
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint