Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pugging in Khyber - a perspective (Read 2827 times)
Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Pugging in Khyber - a perspective
Nov 23rd, 2010 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
So as most of you know I am waiting on a ban appeal on my main account in Argo. To kill some time and get to know some new players and tactics, I usually play on other servers, my first vacation was in Ghallanda and currently I find myself pugging anonymously in Khyber. Ill keep this thread updated with my impressions on the PUG scene and the different personalities / guilds I meet on my way to level 20 and beyond.

I ran a von5 / von 6 with a group composed primarily of Helper's Guild. I wont say I was impressed but it was a nice change of pace from what I am used to. Despite all the BS and trash talk that THG has taken on the forums, I must say that they do a really good job in keeping things together and pointing people in the right direction when needed. von5 is not an easy raid for new players, but the group was able to tackle a couple of delays and all in all it was a great, fun run.

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Ruinhorn
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Pugging in Khyber - a perspective
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
I don't think anyone has ever been impressed by a Helpers guild member lol.

There was an AA that always managed to be in Shroud Runs I was in. He loved to boast about his DPS and he never used melee. Annoyed me so much.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:14pm by Ruinhorn »  

Quote:
I am not the sort of person though to go all out at someone who is probably one of the most egotistical, chauvanistic people I've ever met though.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Ruinhorn wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:14pm:
I don't think anyone has ever been impressed by a Helpers guild member lol.

There was an AA that always managed to be in Shroud Runs I was in. He loved to boast about his DPS and he never used melee. Annoyed me so much.

I am sure the upper management of THG is composed of twinked out vets.

Too bad no one explained to him he was gimpd during manyshot cooldown.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:16pm by Alekx »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
I agree with your assessment of Helpers. They have about 25000 members so it is only natural that they have a more robust spread of ability.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #4 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:15pm:
I am sure the upper management of THG is composed of twinked out vets.

Too bad no one explained to him he was gimpd during manyshot cooldown.

Oh... we did some folks just don't fucking listen.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:17pm:
I agree with your assessment of Helpers. They have about 25000 members so it is only natural that they have a more robust spread of ability.

300 Accounts and dropping....

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:25pm:

I am finding that I am not having any problems with your guild. I have some other guilds I want you to fix now. I will pm you a list.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #7 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Thanks.  I appreciate the endorsements of both Alexk and Stainer.

Quote:

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #8 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:17pm:

At some point I compared THG to Argo's KA, for that I apologize. Clearly THG has a higher level of control over membership and its more experienced members are trying to share their knowledge.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #9 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:31pm:
At some point I compared THG to Argo's KA, for that I apologize. Clearly THG has a higher level of control over membership and its more experienced members are trying to share their knowledge.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.  I have said it before in the spring our first guild Shroud wiped in Part 3 probably had 4 DR breakers in the whole group.  We now run guild Elite ToD's and Epic Chrono's. 

It hasn't been easy but it has been worth the time and effort put in by all of our officers and members.  We are still working on improving the overall membership all the time.

Quote:

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #10 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:25pm:

My wife tried to join, and was denied.   Sad

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #11 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 4:16pm:
My wife tried to join, and was denied.   Sad

Sorry.  Sad  Was this recently?  We have been closed to new recruiting for a while except for friends, family, etc. 

Did she make it to the interview process?  If so who did she speak with? 

We have a larger than normal number of female gamers in the guild compared to guilds I have been in previously and in other games so it is generally a very comfortable environment for female gamers.  If she is still interested I could set her up an interview with Sisster...she is a big softy.

Quote:

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #12 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 4:25pm:
Sorry.  Sad  Was this recently?  We have been closed to new recruiting for a while except for friends, family, etc. 

Did she make it to the interview process?  If so who did she speak with? 

We have a larger than normal number of female gamers in the guild compared to guilds I have been in previously and in other games so it is generally a very comfortable environment for female gamers.  If she is still interested I could set her up an interview with Sisster...she is a big softy.

I don't think she had an interview, just the "we're not recruiting" line.  This was in the last couple of weeks, on a hide toon.  I don't even know the name of the character.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #13 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 3:27pm:
I am finding that I am not having any problems with your guild. I have some other guilds I want you to fix now. I will pm you a list.

Considering you once said in the Vault channel my guild makes you want to kill yourself... I am overjoyed .  However, I will pass on fixing more guilds too much damn work next time I weasel my way into a fully established one and have a quite life piking.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2010 at 4:45pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #14 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 4:40pm:
I don't think she had an interview, just the "we're not recruiting" line.  This was in the last couple of weeks, on a hide toon.  I don't even know the name of the character.

If she is still interested I can set an interview up...let me know.    I'm sure the Girl Power faction of the guild will be ecstatic to add another member.  Soon, they will be running all girl guild raids and leaving us men folk to fend for ourselves. 

...which will suck because a handful of our top healers are in that group.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2010 at 4:50pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #15 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 4:43pm:
If she is still interested I can set an interview up...let me know.    I'm sure the Girl Power faction of the guild will be ecstatic to add another member.  Soon, they will be running all girl guild raids and leaving us men folk to fend for ourselves. 

Any more than a handful is a waste for some people...

fnord

IP Logged

Sisster
Waterworks Kobold

Like Ya!!

Reply #16 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 4:43pm:

Yes have her pm a tell on Sisster, Lilsiss, or Prncessprkle.. I would be happy to interview her... And ty guys for the kudos, as being on the senior council a.k.a. top bitch.. We have a strong set of core players that is driving THG in the right direction Cheesy

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #17 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Alekx, you have not raided or run on Khyber at all until you've been on a HordoDeathRun(TM)...shoot  any HordoToon(TM) a /tell  Cheesy

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #18 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 8:05pm:
Alekx, you have not raided or run on Khyber at all until you've been on a HordoDeathRun(TM)...shoot  any HordoToon(TM) a /tell  Cheesy

Oh trust me, I have seen Hordiva around, just havent been able to jump into any groups. I enjoy my anonymity for now. I was able to run with Gawna and she rocks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint