Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Window Farming Rumor (Read 7287 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Window Farming Rumor
Nov 29th, 2010 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Did anyone get banned for window farming this weekend?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Re: Window Farming Rumor
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
I dont know man but putting up WINDOW FARMING on your lfm, as I saw last weekend in Khyber, is just plain stupid.

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Not I, but I didn't window farm this weekend either. 

Haven't heard anything either.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Nov 29th, 2010 at 4:52pm:
I dont know man but putting up WINDOW FARMING on your lfm, as I saw last weekend in Khyber, is just plain stupid.

Agreed.  I've seen that before and facepalmed.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 4:57pm
Print Post  

Yes, that is pretty dumb.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Nevthial
Dragon Raider

Cundalini wants his hand
back

Reply #5 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
I tried  tell all the fucksticks it's something you don't advertise in that fucked up thread last week.
Personally, I think the thread wasn't locked so a sting operation could be done based on who said what.
( But, then again, I'm a paranoid fuck so.....)

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 29th, 2010 at 4:57pm:
Yes, that is pretty dumb.

I window farmed this weekend.  Part 6 of Tangleroot on a TR and then Part 2 of Delera's.  It was just me and a guildie.  No LFM or anything.  No ban either, that I know of yet.

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 4:10am
Print Post  

Just about as stupid as the people who put "need cleric with DI or Dark Monk" in Abbot LFMs.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #8 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Ok folks...lemme clear something up...

What USED TO BE an exploit and did lead to some bans a year or so ago, i.e. Window Farming, is NO LONGER considered an exploit AS LONG AS it does not explicity bypass a standard timed lock-out (such as a raid timer or an epic timer).

I got this from some GM a while back who took 3 months to answer my question.  I'll look for the real data when I'm not piking at work.

Hordo

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #9 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Nov 30th, 2010 at 10:08am:

What USED TO BE an exploit and did lead to some bans a year or so ago, i.e. Window Farming, is NO LONGER considered an exploit AS LONG AS it does not explicity bypass a standard timed lock-out (such as a raid timer or an epic timer).

I got this from some GM a while back who took 3 months to answer my question.  I'll look for the real data when I'm not piking at work.

Hordo

isn't piking my job at my job?

err ...... um .... yeah

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #10 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Nov 30th, 2010 at 10:08am:

Hordo

I'll do it for you.
From the guild site:

Quote:
I was lucky enough to get a reply from a GM...finally...regarding my query about window farming.

(Admin): <Player:IIDString:0x02130000003ABF7A:+Etymologist+>+Etymologist+<\Player> tells you, 'The In-Game Support Team does not currently consider the practice known as "Window Farming" to be an exploit.'

Which is good news for certain monks in the guild.

I followed up with a secondary question since I know several people personally who were banned for this practice and...

(Admin): <Player:IIDString:0x02130000003ABF7A:+Etymologist+>+Etymologist+<\Player> tells you, 'If anyone wishes to appeal a ban, they can contact us with a ticket submitted here: http://www.lotro.com/component/content/article/491-support-ticket-tse'

I love the fact that it's a LOTRO website! ROFL!

THUS THE SUM...

There is no longer any problem with guildies performing the Window Farming  in order to quickly repeat a quest as long as it is not bypassing a flagging mechanism which is a different exploit not related to the Window Farming practice.

Pass the word on ladies and gentlemen...

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #11 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Nov 30th, 2010 at 3:27pm:
I'll do it for you.
From the guild site:

3 toppies for you for digging through the labyrinth that I have allowed our guild website to become!
Smiley Smiley Smiley

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #12 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
1.  It was an honor to create a situation wherein you could pike the Vault.
2.  Yes, the guild site forums are indeed a bit of a labyrinth.
3.  Yes, you remind me of the babe.

On a side note, you missed it the other day.  A certain nameless fairly new guildy posted that there was 1 spot open for a DPS in his Hound run.
My response:
Dude, the puppies are the DPS in there.   A Bard, a Cleric, and 10 Hordos could get a completion.  Take anyone that wants to come.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #13 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:07pm:

On a side note, you missed it the other day.  A certain nameless fairly new guildy posted that there was 1 spot open for a DPS in his Hound run.
My response:
Dude, the puppies are the DPS in there.   A Bard, a Cleric, and 10 Hordos could get a completion.  Take anyone that wants to come.

I just heard today that the Dog summons that Rangers get can also hurt the Hound directly.  I guess there's one quest where Rangers are top DPS.  Smiley

fnord

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #14 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:18pm:
I just heard today that the Dog summons that Rangers get can also hurt the Hound directly.  I guess there's one quest where Rangers are top DPS.  Smiley

That would be pretty awesome. I will have to try that. Four or five of those would make an elite run quick.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:27pm:
That would be pretty awesome. I will have to try that. Four or five of those would make an elite run quick.

With a Warchanter and Inspire Recklessness, you can get her on Hard before the baby beholders spawn now.  I was a bit surprised the first time I saw it.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:35pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #16 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:34pm:
With a Warchanter and Inspire Recklessness, you can get her on Hard before the baby beholders spawn now.  I was a bit surprised the first time I saw it.

That's what she said...

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #17 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:07pm:

My response:

Oh, so full of /win....

but I hate you nevertheless ROFL!  Angry

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #18 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:38pm:
Oh, so full of /win....

but I hate you nevertheless ROFL!  Angry

Have you thoroughly corrupted little Vulkora yet? He had so much potential and fell into the likes of you. Smiley

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #19 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Sirea wrote on Nov 30th, 2010 at 4:10am:
Just about as stupid as the people who put "need cleric with DI or Dark Monk" in Abbot LFMs.

Both are WAI and not considered exploits.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 2:08am:
Both are WAI and not considered exploits.

I have a PM that says otherwise (at least for DI).

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #21 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Sirea wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 7:13pm:
I have a PM that says otherwise (at least for DI).

A PM from whom?
If I can dig through and find them I have a convo with three different GMs at different times regarding the DI question as I was asked to officially find out for Loreseekers if that was cool or not when we were doing our Abbot practice/training and got responses from +Sparker+ and a couple of others whom I forget at the moment telling me directly that the DI was NOT considered an exploit.  It was as a result of those conversations that I ok'd the practice for Loreseekers Guild runs.  We have VERY strict rules regarding exploits or possible exploits and you can rest assured that if we do it with me in the party, I've personally gotten the word from a Dev that it is ok to do, or it is being done without my knowledge.

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #22 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:50pm:
Have you thoroughly corrupted little Vulkora yet? He had so much potential and fell into the likes of you. Smiley

Not thoroughly yet...but it is a process...

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Sirea
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Dec 3rd, 2010 at 11:59am:
A PM from whom?
If I can dig through and find them I have a convo with three different GMs at different times regarding the DI question as I was asked to officially find out for Loreseekers if that was cool or not when we were doing our Abbot practice/training and got responses from +Sparker+ and a couple of others whom I forget at the moment telling me directly that the DI was NOT considered an exploit.  It was as a result of those conversations that I ok'd the practice for Loreseekers Guild runs.  We have VERY strict rules regarding exploits or possible exploits and you can rest assured that if we do it with me in the party, I've personally gotten the word from a Dev that it is ok to do, or it is being done without my knowledge.

Quote:
Hey,
Thanks for bugging the issue. It is a known issue and I am unsure of the time line for the fix at the moment. I have had discussions with Eladrin and other devs about setting up quest "death volumes" to bypass what ever we give players as a death preventative measure. This issue has appeared before in a similar manner with death pact. As far as if it is an exploit I believe we are airing on the side of yes it is because it is not intended behavior and bypasses a raid mechanic.

As far as what you feel might be an exploit let me know if you feel it is questionable. I am usually prompt and quick with my responses if you are concerned with being banned. I do a daily round of conversations with the various developer leads and tolero/tarrant on bugs and PM's I receive and should have a definitive answer for you quickly.

DDO QA
404error

Wouldn't be the first time there was a disconnect between the GMs and the devs.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2010 at 4:17pm by Sirea »  

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #24 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Sirea wrote on Dec 3rd, 2010 at 4:16pm:
Wouldn't be the first time there was a disconnect between the GMs and the devs.

Very interesting.  I'll have to check with my source to see if he has a PM to quote as well.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint