Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic To TR or not to TR (Read 955 times)
flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

To TR or not to TR
Dec 7th, 2010 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Ok, so with the bonus XP going from Dec 21st to Jan 1st, and my being off work from Dec 23rd to Jan 3rd I am a bit torn between power leveling my lowbie or doing a TR on Paladdium.

The thing is, I am not quite sure what the break point is when you say "this character is ready to TR".

The one thing I DO know is that I like having more than one alt to Raid.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: To TR or not to TR
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
flynnjsw wrote on Dec 7th, 2010 at 2:19pm:
Ok, so with the bonus XP going from Dec 21st to Jan 1st, and my being off work from Dec 23rd to Jan 3rd I am a bit torn between power leveling my lowbie or doing a TR on Paladdium.

The thing is, I am not quite sure what the break point is when you say "this character is ready to TR".

The one thing I DO know is that I like having more than one alt to Raid.

With my characters, I ask myself will I really improve it any. I can see with my Sorc, a wiz level or two is going to help. I can see with Greenis, my 14/6 rng/ftr will make a great exploiter build. I still need to grind out some equipment for this one. My monk, Dreamler, has +3 wis/dex/str/con tomes, so I don't think I can improve her that much.

I don't know if you are premium or not, but I have enough char slots that I don't feel like I "have" to tr anything yet.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
I am VIP, so character slots aren't an issue. There are a lot of classes and builds out there that I want to try.

My "ultimate goal" for Paladdium is 2xTR with his third life being a "Soul Survivor" build. Of course I have squat for Tomes for him, so not like he really would be ready anyway.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
I try to bang out 20th completions on some raids to get some +3 tomes before I TR. If I'm not close, say within 6 or 7, I don't bother.

Also getting  your DT (if you wear it) to exactly where you want is awesome. And any raid gear you're looking for, including stuff you'll use in your next life (assuming you don't already have it, or are going melee -> melee and not much will change)

IP Logged

zed
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
What I did was define a few goals for myself, and once I hit them I TRed.  I had my GS crafted, two decent TOD rings, and all of my raids that were close were taken to 20/40/60.

I was tempted to perfect my gear by spending another month doing guild TOD and Epic 6 runs, but decided to leave it for another life.  Otherwise, I would still be in my first life obsessing about Chronosphere loot. Smiley

IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #5 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Well I am several items short anyway. I guess I'll just level a lowbie. Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint