Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic I iz lonesome.... (Read 4485 times)
Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

I iz lonesome....
Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Hey peeps.

I want to pick your brains a bit.

I think I'm learning to be a better player, and would like to do more endgame raiding in the eurozone evening slot, killing time on my farm in the middle of nowhere often from 5 to midnight GMT (and sometimes more at the weekends, what can I say, I'm an addict).

I've a couple of divine casters at cap (capped my TR cleric again, YAY!) and am working on a level 17 exploiter ATM.

What I'm not seeing, though, are that many raids in these time zones on Khyber, certainly not with people I recognise. I've been bitten quite hard in the past with failPUG raids, particularly on the divine casters, so I'm wary of sending those off to heal with unknowns. I'm more relaxed about taking the exploiter into PUGland.

I'm assuming they are out there but not being advertised. Sometimes I set up stuff in guild but MAC can be a bit like herding cats sometimes and it can be hard to fill a group with strong players as so many people play more casually.

So basically, I iz lonesome sometimes for raidage and partying up in general with stronger players. Any suggestions? Anyone care to invite a smartmouth Brit into their channelage? I don't really want to leave MAC for long and complex reasons which boil down to they have been very good to me, but would love to meet some more like minded players.

(I have also got a Soul Survivor build on Ghallanda I'm levelling to raid with a RL friend there, but was considering levelling something on Thelanis because I hear there's a lot of eurozone players there too. Any thoughts on that?).

Edit: I'm on Nexx / Superwoman's TR channel. I do talk in it a bit but need to get less shy about joining parties from there. I'm just worried still a little I guess about stuffing something up and upsetting people. I should just STFU, get over it and join them, shouldn't I Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2011 at 12:34pm by Terebinthia »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: I iz lonesome....
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:48am
Print Post  
When the channels are forming just tell em you are inexperienced with the raid but you want to start learning the raids.  People typically have no problem with inexperience if stated beforehand, teach a new person to raid at your playtimes just means faster pug filling.  Some may say, "sorry only looking for experienced people", but not everyone will.  It is when it is stated after the quest starts and everyone assumes everyone knows what is going on that it is annoying to have someone new.

I play on argo, so no help to you.  That is your fault for picking a gimp server though for your second.  Ghallanda? Really? Come on  Roll Eyes

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Nexx's TR channel is actually a good channel, but not for raid parties as much. I know I advertise raids on occasion in there, but most players on in that channel are there because they wanna lvl their lowbie TRs

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 9:18am
Print Post  
You have a PM.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:26am:
Hey peeps.

I want to pick your brains a bit.

I think I'm learning to be a better player, and would like to do more endgame raiding in the eurozone evening slot, killing time on my farm in the middle of nowhere often from 5 to midnight GMT (and sometimes more at the weekends, what can I say, I'm an addict).

I've a couple of divine casters at cap (capped my TR cleric again, YAY!) and am working on a level 17 exploiter ATM.

What I'm not seeing, though, are that many raids in these time zones on Khyber, certainly not with people I recognise. I've been bitten quite hard in the past with failPUG raids, particularly on the divine casters, so I'm wary of sending those off to heal with unknowns. I'm more relaxed about taking the exploiter into PUGland.

I'm assuming they are out there but not being advertised. Sometimes I set up stuff in guild but MAC can be a bit like herding cats sometimes and it can be hard to fill a group with strong players as so many people play more casually.

So basically, I iz lonesome sometimes for raidage and partying up in general with stronger players. Any suggestions? Anyone care to invite a smartmouth Brit into their channelage? I don't really want to leave MAC for long and complex reasons which boil down to they have been very good to me, but would love to meet some more like minded players.

(I have also got a Soul Survivor build on Ghallanda I'm levelling to raid with a RL friend there, but was considering levelling something on Thelanis because I hear there's a lot of eurozone players there too. Any thoughts on that?).

Edit: I'm on Nexx / Superwoman's TR-PL channel. I do talk in it a bit but need to get less shy about joining parties from there. I'm just worried still a little I guess about stuffing something up and upsetting people. I should just STFU, get over it and join them, shouldn't I Cheesy

Foecleaver is awesome; assuming you're okay with beign harassed by an old man. (stainey)

Also, I echo the sentiments. Saying you're new up front at the beginning/as the raid is forming will more often than not get you some explanation of your role/what's going on in the raid.

As a raid leader I WANT to know you're knew so I can

a) Explain it so you know what's going on

b) Make sure you understand your role so you can be part of the team

And through those two things you have fun and enjoy the game more.

Everybody wins.

It's only sucky if you keep quiet and get lost during a quest. That's all.

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Ok, maybe I need to quantify my experience of raids a bit more for you guys.

I started playing in Feb last year, and have 3 capped or near capped toons, plus quite a few lowbies. In terms of time spent on the toons, probably the most has been on my FS and cleric, then on my exploiter build (which I know is not ultimate DPS but I have a lot of pretty khopeshes and she's fun to play).

Guesstimates on raid completions:

Chrono: 10 completions or so, a few at level. Not tried Epic.
VON: Probably 15 ish. Never done Epic. We don't run this a lot in MAC for some reason and I don't see a lot of LFMs up.
Titan: Um, about 10 ish. Annoying as hell.
DQ2: Probably 70 or 80 runs. I like this one and solo this one occasionally on my FS (still no Torc, sigh). Never done Epic.
Reaver: Probably 100 runs, sometimes shortmanning, mostly I throw up an LFM for the lols if I feel like some giant beating. Enjoy tanking this one on all my toons.
Shroud: Probably 70 or 80 runs. Only ever run normal as MAC runs are always normal and I am wary of PUGs on harder difficulties.
Abbot: This one I don't know well at all. Completed once, and I was cheating and being the DI caster at the time. I've hopped in and stared at the puzzles a few times but Mario is really not my thing and I'm scared of that eating your greensteel bug.
TOD: I think I've done 7 completions now (and learned never to check your laundry at the start of part 3 Wink ). Been shying away from this in PUGs a bit after eating a lot of potions in a PUG normal because of mainhealing a Horoth tank made of tissue paper and blue cheese.

So that's where I'm at, if that helps. I have run maybe 10 - 15 epic quests, and have established that they are about as fulfilling as poking your eyes out with a spork. Smiley

and Ghallanda hater, pfffft Smiley I was joining a RL friend and their guild had already jumped ship to over there. The Spellswords seem much more organised about raiding (only flagged for VON over there so not seen them in action yet) which is partly what prompted this post I guess, seeing if I could scarfle up any other people who will tolerate a house trained semi newb Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2011 at 11:01am by Terebinthia »  

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #6 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 10:55am
Print Post  
You're fine then. Just punch stainey in the junk; it's like a magic wand.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #7 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Tere brings the happy times.  I highly recommend her Cheesy

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Stainer already sent you the PM so I don't have to.  Tere is welcome in any of my groups anytime!  In actuality, I don't care how you play as long as you talk dirty to me in your hot accent.  Throw me a bone, I play night after night listening to Breaken ask for "fahr" resist!  Grin

Tere is also hilar when she is drunk and falling off ledges in Dust.  Wink

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #9 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Stainer already sent you the PM so I don't have to.  Tere is welcome in any of my groups anytime!  In actuality, I don't care how you play as long as you talk dirty to me in your hot accent.  Throw me a bone, I play night after night listening to Breaken ask for "fahr" resist!  Grin

Tere is also hilar when she is drunk and falling off ledges in Dust.  Wink

I am intrigued by this "accent" you speak of...elaborate please.

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Nevynn wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 3:08pm:
I am intrigued by this "accent" you speak of...elaborate please.

Hot British girl accent!  Need I say more?  It makes my bean engorged.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #11 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hot British girl accent!  Need I say more?  It makes my bean engorged.

Are you going to bring her home and make me "do things" again? Please don't hit me.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 3:17pm:
Are you going to bring her home and make me "do things" again? Please don't hit me.

Squiii

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #13 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 3:17pm:

Why do I hear banjo music playing in the background?

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 3:47pm:
Why do I hear banjo music playing in the background?

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #15 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
OK, I was pretty drunk. I'm quite good at falling off ledges when sober too though Tongue

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #16 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Nexx's TR channel is actually a good channel, but not for raid parties as much. I know I advertise raids on occasion in there, but most players on in that channel are there because they wanna lvl their lowbie TRs

I advertised almost every group I was tossing up while leveling 3-16 and never once grouped with anyone. Pug'd and solo'd the whole way.
I saw MAYBE 2 or 3 actual groups forming then entire time.
That channel is just a bunch of people chatting.  And some of it is Harbor General kind of shit.
/leavechannel

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #17 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:

That was weird it was totally that song too.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #18 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:58pm:
That was weird it was totally that song too.

Cause anytime someone makes a reference to hearing banjo's its a reference to THAT EXACT PART IN THAT MOVIE you canadian fuck.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #19 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 9:26pm:
Cause anytime someone makes a reference to hearing banjo's its a reference to THAT EXACT PART IN THAT MOVIE you canadian fuck.

Obv.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint