Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Channels in Argo that are worth/available joining? (Read 2309 times)
popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Channels in Argo that are worth/available joining?
Jan 26th, 2011 at 10:40am
Print Post  
So, once upon a time, I signed up for the Alliance channel in Argo because it was the only one advertised.  I signed up in the hopes that I would occasionally find groups for raids since EST-5GMT is not peak raid time for my guild.  Sadly, that channel is a desolate wasteland without any worthwhile conversation or grouping.

I'm not a complete shithead and I can at least contribute moderate DPS or healing without fucking up an entire raid, so I was wondering if there were any channels on Argo that are worth joining that are also available to join?  I'd obviously like to join the AM channel, but the waiting list for that channel is still several years.  Smiley

Any thoughts or suggestions?

fnord

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Re: Channels in Argo that are worth/available joining?
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 10:42am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 10:40am:
some shit about a server

The answer to your question is none.

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 10:42am
Print Post  
heh Tongue

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 11:06am
Print Post  
AM3 - less selective atm but still need to be tight with at least one of the older members

AK47 - Brainchild of Jenisis of UB, you need to be solid endgame material for him to remotely consider you

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 10:40am:
So, once upon a time, I signed up for the Alliance channel in Argo because it was the only one advertised.  I signed up in the hopes that I would occasionally find groups for raids since EST-5GMT is not peak raid time for my guild.  Sadly, that channel is a desolate wasteland without any worthwhile conversation or grouping.

It's a channel formed by an RP guild, what the hell did you expect?

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:13pm:
It's a channel formed by an RP guild, what the hell did you expect?

I didn't expect anything to come out of it - I had just hoped.  Alas, even my dreams of mediocrity were crushed.

fnord

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 11:06am:
AM3 - less selective atm but still need to be tight with at least one of the older members

AK47 - Brainchild of Jenisis of UB, you need to be solid endgame material for him to remotely consider you

AoK Channel - You have to have a sausage, not a taco and need to be in with Heffty.

Various small "elite" channels -

Older, defunct channels, like PWNYtalk

Although I'm relatively new to AM2/3, I can assure you that it's not a waiting list of years, and not all the players in there are cream of the crop leets. 

I'd say 85% are (by my standards), 5% play great somedays and phone it in on others, 5% are ok, but you can tell they're there because Tot was drunk and decided he liked them and 5% just are flat-out awful.

It's a great server resource, though.

This is an idiotic question, but just to be sure- you're PopeJUAL on the other forums, right?  I'm just asking because I really like the way you post and basically have you on perma-rep... but you don't have any of your Chars. in your sig, so I've no idea who you are in game.  Had to look you up on MyDDO and I still didn't recognize the character names from pugging or anything.

I'd say that if you're interested in joining any of the aforementioned channels, start by being more visible and put those char. names in your sig.  Also, for AM specifically, talk to Groan (nick_robinsonchia on the forums, his toons are in his sig).  He's the one in charge of AM after Tot left.

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 at 8:04am:
AoK Channel - You have to have a sausage, not a taco and need to be in with Heffty.

So full of fucking epic win

Although I'm relatively new to AM2/3, I can assure you that it's not a waiting list of years, and not all the players in there are cream of the crop leets. 

But at any given moment you will have at least one of the top players there, if not most of them

I'd say 85% are (by my standards), 5% play great somedays and phone it in on others, 5% are ok, but you can tell they're there because Tot was drunk and decided he liked them and 5% just are flat-out awful.

This is an idiotic question, but just to be sure- you're PopeJUAL on the other forums, right?  I'm just asking because I really like the way you post and basically have you on perma-rep... but you don't have any of your Chars. in your sig, so I've no idea who you are in game.  Had to look you up on MyDDO and I still didn't recognize the character names from pugging or anything.

if it says fnord in his bio, its him, OSD

I'd say that if you're interested in joining any of the aforementioned channels, start by being more visible and put those char. names in your sig.  Also, for AM specifically, talk to Groan (nick_robinsonchia on the forums, his toons are in his sig).  He's the one in charge of AM after Tot left. make sure you tell him Axer outdps's him

Hola Bienvenida

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #8 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 at 8:09am:
But at any given moment you will have at least one of the top players there, if not most of them

Oh, totally.  I'm so glad that I have access to AM... I mean, I accept that I'm newer and don't have anywhere near the knowledge and experience of the vet players in there.  They're not there to teach me the finer aspects of the game, but when I do need to learn something, I know I'll get solid info and advice and I appreciate that.  Great bunch of guys.

Funny thing about Argo channels is that most of the players who multi-channel literally post the same greeting or LFM information in every channel they're in.  Someone'll be running GH walkups, and I'll see this flash of "GH Walkups, 13 Down" in all 4 of my userchats.

Makes me wonder why we have so many channels....

Pallai, Ascent
Argonessen

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #9 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Oh, and Hola Bienvenido yourself, pendejo!  Wink

Pallai, Ascent
Argonessen

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #10 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 at 8:22am:
Oh, and Hola Bienvenido yourself, pendejo!  Wink

omg you will pay for this halfer

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #11 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Alliance channel: Useful for the same reason Faux News is, as entertainment for its betters.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #12 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 11:58am
Print Post  
I'm in the same boat as Pope when it comes to wanting to join channels, but I reckon I don't have a fraction of his public visibility from posting, et al.

Guess I'll keep slumming  Cheesy

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #13 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Pallai wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 at 8:04am:

Various small "elite" channels -

Older, defunct channels, like PWNYtalk

I'd say that if you're interested in joining any of the aforementioned channels, start by being more visible and put those char. names in your sig.  Also, for AM specifically, talk to Groan (nick_robinsonchia on the forums, his toons are in his sig).  He's the one in charge of AM after Tot left.

Thank you for the reply

I am PopeJual on the other forum.  I should have been PopeJubal, but I made a typo when I signed up for the forums... At this point, I don't care enough to ask to have my forum name changed.  I'll just end up making another login once PopeJual is finally banned.

My characters on Argo are
PopeQuagmire Tempest Ranger
PopeLois lowbie Wiz
PopePeter FvS
PopeStewie
PopeTom
PopeMichael Ftr
PopeJoan
Someday I might make Popegreasedupdeafguy, but I figure I might as well just start right out with Poperenamed if I were going to do that...

but I really only ever play Quagmire, Lois, Peter and Michael.  There are a couple of other Popes on the server, but they're all PopeJohnPaul, PopeInnocentXII, etc.  I'm the only one that I know of that is Pope[something that a Pope wouldn't be called]

fnord

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #14 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 at 8:45am:
omg you will pay for this halfer

I always knew you charged for your services!  Grin

Pallai, Ascent
Argonessen

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #15 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 10:01am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 at 12:27pm:
but I figure I might as well just start right out with Poperenamed if I were going to do that...

I wouldn't bet on it.  I had a cleric by the name of Arsehole for 5 months before it was turned into arenamed or something like that.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint