Poll
Poll closed Question: Are you having withdrawls yet?
bars   pie
*** This poll has now closed ***

Yes    
  29 (16.6%)
No    
  32 (18.3%)
OMFG YES    
  73 (41.7%)
Nah I'll just hit the bong again    
  41 (23.4%)

Total votes: 175
« Created by: zerlynda on: Jan 30th, 2011 at 1:51pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Servers down (Read 42737 times)
slothinator
Waterworks Kobold

You're doing it wrong

Re: Servers down
Reply #225 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Guess they are doing it alphabetically, because I still can't log into Sarlona.

On Sarlona: Abbracadaver - Stethos - Shaigh Hulud - Stelvar - Saltmint - Soundwaive - Kuddlefish - Fujihowser MD - Blayddlokk - Redraligan

Member of Giants of Winter and Old Night

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #226 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Back in...'bout time.

IP Logged

Aelunira
Korthos Resident

Reply #227 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 6:56pm:
really? 1 core router for AC, DDO, LOTRO and forums with no redundancy???? you dont see this as amatuerish, just downright stupid or so cheap?

We already know Turbine is cheap. I mean, look at Half-Elves, they outsourced the modeling for that to retarded kids in a school project somewhere...

EDIT: Sorry that was unfair. Retarded kids would have done a better job.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:05pm by Aelunira »  

You have just suffered -30d12 points of INT damage from "Inris" special attack just for reading the above post.

Braegan wrote on Sep 1st, 2010 at 3:50pm:
Inris. Fucking whiny, drama queen. And not even the good kind of entertaining drama. More like pre-teen, bubble-gum bullshit that dumbs me down a level everytime I read what she posted.

IP Logged

Cardtrick
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #228 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Wow . . . Cannith has absolutely no lag right now. Guess that's what you get with virtually no players.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #229 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
...aaaand the forums are back down again.

Please go buy some backup hamsters.  Sad

fnord

IP Logged

DooshCanoe
Waterworks Kobold

team killing f-tard

Reply #230 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:11pm:
...aaaand the forums are back down again.

Please go buy some backup hamsters.  Sad

Are you saying I should quit it with the DDoS attack now?

I kid, I kid.....its jilarious to watch a constant ping just drop off the face of the earth though.  I'm just sayin is all.....
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:19pm by DooshCanoe »  

Light a man a fire, keep him warm for the night.  Light a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Dythan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #231 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Can't get in, hanging on the Examine programs line =(
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:27pm by Dythan »  

Dythan
Khyber
Epik Poo

IP Logged

DooshCanoe
Waterworks Kobold

team killing f-tard

Reply #232 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
So, after 15 friggin minutes of trying to log into the damn forums, I make my post that they would be better off taking everything back down at this point and being 100% sure that things were WAI.......and the Forums totally crash again.

Karma is such a bitch at times I guess..... Shocked

Light a man a fire, keep him warm for the night.  Light a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #233 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
seems forums are back up...and they look like normal forums atm...like this one...odd

IP Logged

Duo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #234 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Dythan wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 8:26pm:
Can't get in, hanging on the Examine programs line =(

wrong person nvm
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2011 at 10:03pm by Duo »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #235 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 12:10am
Print Post  
Revenftbm wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 6:09pm:
I hear there's patch for that.

Been going to the gym instead.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #236 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Mockduck wrote on Jan 30th, 2011 at 1:07pm:
People are aware and working on the issues, which appear to be impacting things even farther than the game worlds and web sites.  For now, we're using the @DDOUnlimited Twitter feed to let folks know the latest.  Just thought I'd pop in here quick and mention it, thanks!

Hey thanks for the update!

Put in a good word for me if you can on unbanning me for writing a parody during the Hi Welcome prohibition if you can!  I wrote Turbine numerous times but they seem to think I'm a nuissance to them -- think it was just Tarrant was sick of my sly cunning.  They banned Doraleus and Nat Gann too.

I'll be reappealing in February but if I can't post writings intended for entertainment (like the Tomb of the Unforgotten Hero 2 - tribute to D.A. and G.G. starring DDO Legends & Notorieties), I really have no further business playing the game.

Seriously, the 10 Infractions Total change was insidiously implemented and was a "gotchya!" for posters like me that once in a great while did tell someone they were a complete jackass (yes brother, comrade, I don't care how many times you ask me to not call you comrade because in the name of RP, I will continue to address you as if I was a Russian and Soviet Union is supreme friends with you, brother comrade! <--- Example when I called someone an idiot and was infracted after several requests that he change his RP and not address people as his comrade).

I can think of only one thing I've done in the last 3 years that repeatedly should have stopped but I was never directly told to stop bothering Aussiee nor infracted for it nor warned.  If those are the "nuissances" that they referred to, well hell, they should have probably asked me to stop talking back to her whenever she made a slighting at me.  And even then, it was civilly sly jabs -- just as good as she gave.

Anyway.... Derail Attempt Unlocked!  Thanks for updating us on the servers but more importantly thanks for considering my appeal to forum abandonment next month.

Seriously, I don't need to play DDO anymore if after 7500+ posts and numerous contributions (positively) to the community I am not welcome back due to writing a Hi Welcome parody of Love the Way We Lie.  10 total infractions over 10 years (none of which were incredibly serious after my Tinted Faces CGMG Standoff in 2007).

I'd tell you this on the forums, but I'm not allowed to discuss it openly nor can I log into the forums.  And I didn't want to skype over it, but since you're here updating us about the game....  Besides, it's nice to publicly discuss infractions here since you can't be penalized.   Cheesy

-K¥§ťì£æñ- of Relics of the Last War
In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Revenftbm
Korthos Resident

Reply #237 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Jan 31st, 2011 at 1:34pm:
Hey thanks for the update!

Put in a good word for me if you can on unbanning me for writing a parody during the Hi Welcome prohibition if you can!  I wrote Turbine numerous times but they seem to think I'm a nuissance to them -- think it was just Tarrant was sick of my sly cunning.  They banned Doraleus and Nat Gann too.

I'll be reappealing in February but if I can't post writings intended for entertainment (like the Tomb of the Unforgotten Hero 2 - tribute to D.A. and G.G. starring DDO Legends & Notorieties), I really have no further business playing the game.

Seriously, the 10 Infractions Total change was insidiously implemented and was a "gotchya!" for posters like me that once in a great while did tell someone they were a complete jackass (yes brother, comrade, I don't care how many times you ask me to not call you comrade because in the name of RP, I will continue to address you as if I was a Russian and Soviet Union is supreme friends with you, brother comrade! <--- Example when I called someone an idiot and was infracted after several requests that he change his RP and not address people as his comrade).

I can think of only one thing I've done in the last 3 years that repeatedly should have stopped but I was never directly told to stop bothering Aussiee nor infracted for it nor warned.  If those are the "nuissances" that they referred to, well hell, they should have probably asked me to stop talking back to her whenever she made a slighting at me.  And even then, it was civilly sly jabs -- just as good as she gave.

Anyway.... Derail Attempt Unlocked!  Thanks for updating us on the servers but more importantly thanks for considering my appeal to forum abandonment next month.

Seriously, I don't need to play DDO anymore if after 7500+ posts and numerous contributions (positively) to the community I am not welcome back due to writing a Hi Welcome parody of Love the Way We Lie.  10 total infractions over 10 years (none of which were incredibly serious after my Tinted Faces CGMG Standoff in 2007).

I'd tell you this on the forums, but I'm not allowed to discuss it openly nor can I log into the forums.  And I didn't want to skype over it, but since you're here updating us about the game....  Besides, it's nice to publicly discuss infractions here since you can't be penalized.   Cheesy

See ya in TOR Kist! (even though I'm sure you do not remember me).

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #238 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Revenftbm wrote on Jan 31st, 2011 at 2:29pm:
See ya in TOR Kist! (even though I'm sure you do not remember me).

*L* I remember you Reven.

But yeah, if I'm  not reinstated in the forums I'm out of community and taking my guildmates to ToR.  They've got that kind of devotion -- not the absolute best players, but above average and loyal to the core.

I'm really hoping to continue giving Turbine development ideas and stories, but the way moderation was used blindly puts a sour taste in my mouth.  I'm a reasonable person -- unless of course you're messing with Gygax's Intent (Full Character Respec).  I'll throw my hat into that one as emotionally charged.

I'll definitely be looking to get everyone from DDO on the same TOR Server.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Revenftbm
Korthos Resident

Reply #239 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Jan 31st, 2011 at 2:41pm:
*L* I remember you Reven.

But yeah, if I'm  not reinstated in the forums I'm out of community and taking my guildmates to ToR.  They've got that kind of devotion -- not the absolute best players, but above average and loyal to the core.

I'm really hoping to continue giving Turbine development ideas and stories, but the way moderation was used blindly puts a sour taste in my mouth.  I'm a reasonable person -- unless of course you're messing with Gygax's Intent (Full Character Respec).  I'll throw my hat into that one as emotionally charged.

I'll definitely be looking to get everyone from DDO on the same TOR Server.

If it ever bleeding comes out. Isn't it supposed to be coming out this spring?

IP Logged

Kistilan
BANNED

Khyber vs Argo - Go!

Reply #240 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Revenftbm wrote on Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:08pm:
If it ever bleeding comes out. Isn't it supposed to be coming out this spring?

This Fall.

Earhrise and Rift are coming out Feb 4th and early-mid March respectively.

In Musk, we Trust
IP Logged

Revenftbm
Korthos Resident

Reply #241 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Kistilan wrote on Jan 31st, 2011 at 5:18pm:
This Fall.

Earhrise and Rift are coming out Feb 4th and early-mid March respectively.

Played rift beta, seemed boring to me. And h4x is there now...

This fall eh? Good thing I've got the final fantasy series to occupy my time till then.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2011 at 5:27pm by Revenftbm »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #242 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 3:48am
Print Post  
Rift is just WoW with a twist.  Just like lotro, except the beta for lotro was better.  Going live killed it.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #243 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:08am
Print Post  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #244 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Revenftbm wrote on Jan 31st, 2011 at 5:27pm:
Played rift beta, seemed boring to me. And h4x is there now...

This fall eh? Good thing I've got the final fantasy series to occupy my time till then.

Its a neat twist tho...  the dynamic world stuff and the non-instanced raids is a pretty slick idea.  It's visually very pretty too.
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:52am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #245 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:08am:

I don't know, but mine have a tendency to whine for a fsck  after a powah outrage... when they don't whine for a tape restore because the database crashed along the way and cannot recover.  Wink

This alone should be enough to require on site intervention ( especially if an idiot forgot to plug the console port to the terminal server... and you can't remotely fsck the beasts.

Edit : Any parsing error cannot be due to my Froggyness.
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2011 at 12:33pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 
Send TopicPrint